Flying Potion 2014

AD-FlyingPotion2014_1.jpg

MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
YLANG YLANG ~ Strongly sensual, attraction, attention, irresistibility, soothes marital problems.
LICORICE ~ Love, lust, fidelity, sexual potency.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion, beauty and youth glamour.
CASSIS ~ Love, fertility, abundance. Healing, money attraction, protection.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.

Scent: Fluffy, light and elevating! A happy marshmallow scent with a hint of creamy ylang ylang, a touch of autumnal spice, and a splash of tangy grapefruit and cassis.

I love Flying Potion... I already have two bottles of the last version, but I'm considering of bottle of this one as well. The grapefruit or ylang is brighter. The marshmallow is there too, it's just not as front and center as the last brew.

This was the first time I tried Flying Potion, so I can't compare to previous years, but I didn't care for it very much. It's not even the grapefruit (I'm not a big grapefruit fan), but the licorice. I really can't stand the smell of licorice, and it came on really strong for about the first hour. Which is about 59 1/2 minutes too long for me. -_-I'll hold onto my trial spray because it might mellow out with a bit of aging. Or it could be my skin chemistry perversely amped the very thing I didn't want to be able to detect or that I'm just sensitive to it since I don't like it.

I have the 2013 brew, and I love it. Marshmallowy licoricey yumminess. I put the new one on this morning, and right away, tons of grapefruit.. it didn't stay long, but it was very bright and tangy. It doesn't seem to last as long as my other one, I can't even smell it now, 3 hours later..

The first two brews were my favorite, very marshmallowy!....I still have half of my 2011. The last brew did not work on me at all! It was like...floral. This one? Completely different than any before!!! Total total grapefruit!!!!! I am not a huge grapefruit fan but I actually like it a lot! It's very upbeat.

I doubt I will buy a bottle but I will keep my sample at work to spritz when I start dragging. I don't know...maybe I will talk myself into a whole bottle.

Hmmm,well the dry down on this is very marshmallow-y on me ,and very yummy :lolipop: I don't get much grapefruit ,oddly...have full bottles of 2010 & 2013 left, but might add this anyway :lol::witch1095:

I have all the versions of FP and here's what I think the differences are:

-2010 and 2011 are most obviously licorice-marshmallow, with accents of the other notes. I think I didn't get a bottle of 2011 because there wasn't much difference to me (besides how quickly it sold out, that is).

-2013 is more ylang-ylang in the drydown against a backdrop of marshmallow with accents of the other notes.

So, 2014 is definitely more grapefruit, but as it dries down I get that same "pillow" of the marshmallow/other notes as I do with 2013. I think it's very soft and pretty like 2013, not quite as foody as 2010/2011, but definitely a feminine aura. I think it's going to end up on my list despite already having bottles of 2010 and 2013, lol. Never enough!

I love last years version. I was torn between wishing for more and hoping this years might be a little different because I have a few bottles of the former.

Well this is different. Basically my first thought, Wow! I finally get the grapefruit. Second, I thought this smelled like something between Adrianne's Tangy Ylang & Flying Potion '13.

The spices are far more in the back, while the citrus is upfront for a time, my skin burns off citrus fast, probably why I never get grapefruit off the '13.

The Marshmallow root & Ylang are right there, pretty much just like the '13.

Basically, on me, the spices & Grapefruit are reversed here. This doesn't last as long on my skin as the other but I get enough out of it to keep "flying".

This is a sparkly & fun alternate version.

Edited by StacyK

Definitely getting the grapefruit in this version, which makes me happy! I love the 2013, which I have, but it is tipped very close to being too sweet for me. I like the way the citrus pops in this and the way it tempers the sugars. The additional grapefruit makes this closer to Glamour Puss in terms of how I feel wearing it (not saying the scents themselves are similar, more talking about the vibe/mood I get). This feels a little more glamorous and a little more grownup to me, though definitely a playful upbeat glamor. I was not intending to get a bottle, because it's taking me so long to work my way through my 2013. But if supplies last, I think I would really like to get one!

Definitely getting the grapefruit in this version, which makes me happy! I love the 2013, which I have, but it is tipped very close to being too sweet for me. I like the way the citrus pops in this and the way it tempers the sugars. The additional grapefruit makes this closer to Glamour Puss in terms of how I feel wearing it (not saying the scents themselves are similar, more talking about the vibe/mood I get). This feels a little more glamorous and a little more grownup to me, though definitely a playful upbeat glamor. I was not intending to get a bottle, because it's taking me so long to work my way through my 2013. But if supplies last, I think I would really like to get one!

Wow BC I came here to read and do a review and you said everything I was thinking. It is taking me a long time to get through my FP 2013 because its SO sweet and marshmallow-y to me, and interestingly enough sometimes the cassis decides to "bloom" on me (so I have to be careful about overdoing it). It's gotten to the point that I really have to be in the "mood" to wear it (although I always get compliments). 2014 feels completely different to me - definitely more grapefruit initially, but I love that it's more of an uplifting, bright scent than the heavier sugar-y spice vibe I get from 2013. Definitely more grown-up feeling. I don't think it lasts on me as long as 2013 does, but that's a trade-off I'm willing to make for something that I'll definitely wear more often.

• 4 weeks later...

I love this scent.this is the First phero blend I wore out of the house and I got what I think was a "hit" the lady at our water department was extreamly nice and chatty almost seemd giddy.. Not the way she has seemed in the past... She ask if I was wearing

Something pumpkim smelling...

I LOVE this!!! It makes me feel so happy. :D

Here's the weird part--I don't really like many of the ingredients. I don't like grapefruit, I DESPISE licorice, I'm not crazy about cinnamon scents, or any of the "spicy, foodie" scents, and marshmallow root sounds like it would be cloyingly sweet. But in this, as far as I can tell (I'm no expert), all I can pick out is the grapefruit and the marshmallow root, and they just work together beautifully. The grapefruit gives it a light, energizing, mood-elevating feel, and the marshmallow root softens it with pillowy sweetness. I like that sharp little tang of grapefruit underneath, though.

I'm still not even sure I like the actual scent (I mean, I don't hate it, but it's SO far from what I'd normally choose), but I had to order a full bottle (my first full bottle ever!) because I kept reaching for this one every morning. My other samples are being neglected severely in favour of this one.

I don't know if it's the Levitation potion or what, but I swear this spray helps me get more things accomplished in a day. I have issues with depression so I kind of need all the help I can get! And it does lift my mood, no doubt about it.

Edited by Lainey

Flying Potion is one of my LPMP favs! This newest batch is undeniably different than the others (of course, if they all smelled the same it would be a bit boring!). The grapefruit and spices are notably more prominent in this batch. I missed the creaminess of previous batches, but at the same time it made the perfume seem a little more elegant. I'm not in love with it yet...in the future, though, I will probably be scouring the trade boards for it and cursing myself for not buying more when it was available. I have 5 bottles of previous batches so I'm well stocked on Flying Potion. I may purchse a fb of this batch anyway.

The Levitation phero blend is perfect for the potion! It does lift my spirits! I'm a huge fan of Levitation..it's a staple in my arsenal of pheros! If you are unsure, it is definintely worth getting at least a sample spray of Flying Potion..even if you just keep it to pull out on a rainy day!! :D

I love the 2013 Flying Potion, and I think I love this version even more!

The 2013 was a bit warmer and autum-like smelling to my nose, the 2014 seems fresher and more summery.

Lovely and citrussy and bright, but not piercing at all; just very fresh and refreshing and delicious.

I have to be a bit careful with the phero - when I am in the right mood it works great, but I have to remember not to try and use it to force myself into that mood...

Congruence! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have to be a bit careful with the phero - when I am in the right mood it works great, but I have to remember not to try and use it to force myself into that mood...

Congruence! ;)

I wonder if that was my problem -- i was using it to try to lift a mediocre mood and instead, three spritzes of this just flippped my bitch switch. Very disappointing to try to go for a party mood and then end up being pissed off.

I wonder if that was my problem -- i was using it to try to lift a mediocre mood and instead, three spritzes of this just flippped my bitch switch. Very disappointing to try to go for a party mood and then end up being pissed off.

This happened to me with Levitation. I think I was in serial killer fuck you mode and I ODd because I did not want to go to jail. I practically snorted Levitation off my tits- and BOOM I became Jurassic Park EN 3D VIVO

This version of Levitation smells a bit like herbs on me. Almost like sweet sweet sage. I get tiny marshmallow. I have to retest.

This happened to me with Levitation. I think I was in serial killer fuck you mode and I ODd because I did not want to go to jail. I practically snorted Levitation off my tits- and BOOM I became Jurassic Park EN 3D VIVO

LOL! I wonder if I will think of "snorting Levitation off my tits" every time I spritz perfum to my cleavage from now on? haha!

• 3 weeks later...

Anything with marshmallow gets my attention so I bought a trial of this. I was surprised that the grapefruit and spices (is that you too, licorice?) are more prominent in this than I thought. I heard older versions were more "creamy" and sweet, which is what I love but this one leans a bit spicy and brighter. It's nice, but when I'm pushing ylang ylang and licorice with spices, while still wanting marshmallow... It's a little disappointing. Guess this gives a great excuse to buy a marshmallow layerable!

Levitation is very close to OW for me. I don't have much experience with either but I can remark that I'm in a similarly "Open" mood. Not sure if the DHEAS are making a difference yet. I can note that I do find it easier to the idea of talking to people. Lately, I've preferred not to speak to anyone unless necessary, even going so far as to ignore texts. But wearing UN OW for the past week, and now Levitation today, I don't mind as much. If it makes sense... The prospect of continued socialization seems less daunting. Pretty sweet selfies for an acutely introverted person, I say!

Overall, I'll keep my trial spray, but I'm not sure a full bottle is right for me at this time.

• 5 weeks later...

Finally nabbed myself a bottle of this and I'm so glad I did!

I love the 2013 version, which I'd describe as being much stronger on the foody notes, with a heavy grey/purple toned sweet, slightly spicy creaminess. This 2014 version is much lighter and brighter, with a more perfumey tone to it. I can smell the grapefruit (which is a note I'm not in general a huge fan of), but it's a lovely wispy somewhat dry grapefruit note that melds beautifully with ylang ylang, marshmallow and vanilla to create a slight floral, subtle and sophisticated feel.

It's like this is the spring/summer version and the 2013 is the autumn/winter version. They do combine wonderfully together though, if you want to make this version a little deeper and more robust.

Lately I've worn the 2013 version and have had several people describe it a lovely lavender-like scent, which makes no sense to me, except that it's a grey lavender colour to me. This one however seems to come across to them as a more complex perfume scent they love but can't define.

Edited by vladmyra

• 2 weeks later...

I've not looked at the notes, but I have to thank Halo for her suggestion of Flying Potion 2014.This is a scent I could wear all year. How you create a perky/bouncy/warm fragrance is beyond me, but there it is.

Initially, I got grapefruit, which dried down quickly..and did NOT bite. Imagine entering the kitchen after someone has zested citrus fruit..just fresh and uplifting. Under that was a layer of something candy fruity, but not sticky. After 15 minutes, I get warm/clean, fresh out off the line laundry but there's a warm-scent (I cheated and peeped..NUTMEG!)so faint, but oh so pleasant. This is the dead of winter, yet I feel as though I've drifted high in the air and landed in a sunlit cloud. Wonderful stuff, this! *Note* Having taken a peep at the ingredients, I understand why this is going to be a year-round scent for me.

Edited by Wanderlust

• 2 months later...

Flying Potion 2014 is definitely much heavier on the grapefruit than 2013. I didn't realize I had the sample of 2013, which I fell in love with, so I bought the 2014, thinking I'd get that same lovely smokey vanilla. 2014 sadly goes very much like cat pee on me, and doesn't dry down for an hour. Grapefruit and me have never gotten along, as much as I like the actual scent. (It IS such an uplifting scent, but on my skin, it is rather horrid.) Anyway, I have a nearly full bottle of 2014 up for swap or purchase! Sigh.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know which Flying Potion I have. It's a sample that came with my order last summer or fall. I don't really get much grapefruit from it so perhaps it's not 2014. Mainly I just wanted to say that I am on record here as saying that I don't like foodie scents and that I really don't like sweet scents. A few scents I've tried that didn't sound like they were going to be particularly sweet ended up turning into an intense smoky sweetness by the end of the day and I didn't like it.

So I didn't think I'd like this one and I didn't try it. But yesterday I was feeling kind of bummed out and I was all by myself so I figured I might as well give it a go. I LOVED IT! So marshmallowy and fluffy. I don't even really like vanilla scents but I liked this one and it was definitely vanilla. I'm thinking based on the descriptions above that I might have the 2013 version. I didn't really get any licorice or spice from it, either. Kind of just like a big, juicy marshmallow. I haven't tried Levitation before but it really did turn my mood around. Not like I suddenly had the best evening ever all by myself in my apartment, but just like I didn't feel pessimistic anymore and I chuckled out loud at the book I was reading - that sort of thing. The only bad thing I can say about it was that it didn't last long. I put it on around 5:00 PM and by 10:00 it was almost totally gone.

• 4 months later...

I tried this for the first time yesterday. I've had my sample of this since I bought it almost a year ago now. I had a bad experience with Gamboge w/Levitation. When I wore it, I turned into an emotional wreck! That was quite a long time ago so I thought I'd try it again with this one. Oh, I was also nervous about the grapefruit, which amps on me big time.

Because I was nervous about the grapefruit, I started with a layer of Sugared Marshmallow and then I sprayed Flying Potion on. The grapefruit was mellow on me. Yay! And, this smells so yummy! Marshmallow and spice combined together are becoming one of my fav things in the world, as well as marshmallow and resins. This mellowed into such a beautiful and very lightly sweet spiced scent. I was smelling my wrists often and making others smell them too.

As far as Levitation goes, I had no bad affects! In fact, I had a great day! I was in a great mood all day and seemed to have more energy than I normally would on such a hot and humid day that it was. I added a spray around 7 pm and then brought my niece shopping. We had a blast! I was up so late and my SO went to bed before I even got home, which has NEVER happened. He's a night owl and I'm usually falling asleep on the couch by 11. I didn't leave my sister's house until 1230 am. I was bummed that my SO was already sleeping because I wanted to chat and talk about our day we each had. I was in such a great mood, had a very easy and laid back feeling, and was chatty and extra social. Dang it! Why didn't I try this when there were FB's of this still available! I'm a huge fan of Flying Potion now and I completely understand why this is so popular!

I like this version, since I stocked up on the 2013 version I was glad this is so very different on my skin, it was worth getting this too. If I were pressed I'd say the "13 is my favorite. Its deep and creamier on my skin. Unusual because I love grapefruit and I do like this. The '13 is a bit more Fall like on me. All the grapefruit in this one makes this the brightest of the two.

• 2 years later...

I love this! I keep huffing my arm. Thanks Stacy!

It reminds me of something I used to wear when I was younger. And I don't mean younger like last week when I wore FP 2016, or two months ago when I sampled FP 2017, like back in 88 or 89 when I switched from YSL Opium to more natural any mysterious oils. Maybe the combo of the ylang ylang plus the grapefruit make it more floral and softly incense-y. It's like a younger more innocent ylang ylang than the ylang ylang's I use today? I got it for the heavy grapefruit reviews, but it's more subtle than I expected, maybe the marshmallow and licorice mellowed together over time to make this more of a powdery sweet Flying Potion? The scent I had on earlier was heavy in the nutmeg dept on me so the spice in this just seems perfect and more subtle. I can't really divide the notes so good in my mind because together they just create a scent memory. Like a "playing with runes or tarot cards in my room and not having a car or a telephone" feeling.

Super glad I got this! Levitation is perfect for the feeling of it on me.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol "Opium 88" I remember those days. I can totally relate. ?

I remember moving from that to a totally different phase and scent influencers. BTW, They've totaly changed Opium and it's nothing like it used to be. Maybe they lost a source for a key ingredient?

Theres no going back.

But, (Eastwood) u'm glad you like FP '14. I do too. I'm a sucker for that bright, happy burst of grapefruit then the creamy marshmallow, ylang and spice underneath.

Edited by StacyK

Lol "Opium 88" I remember those days. I can totally relate.

I remember moving from that to a totally different phase and scent influencers. BTW, They've totaly changed Opium and it's nothing like it used to be. Maybe they lost a source for a key ingredient?

Theres no going back.

But, (Eastwood) u'm glad you like FP '14. I do too. I'm a sucker for that bright, happy burst of grapefruit then the creamy marshmallow, ylang and spice underneath.

Did you ever get into the Oshadi perfumes?

Did you ever get into the Oshadi perfumes?

No. I moved to lighter citrus for a while. Like Annick Goutal Hadrien.

No. I moved to lighter citrus for a while. Like Annick Goutal Hadrien.

I looked up the notes, sounds lovely, grapefruit and ylang ylang are two of my favorites. I've put a few drops of YY in several of my UN pheros, just gives me a little satisfaction of scent while I'm dousing myself. Was thinking of making a spray of Focus and grapefruit for my car to keep handy for long drives.

grapefruit and ylang ylang are two of my favorites.

Look for Adrienne's Tangy Ylang in the trades, you'd probably like that one too.

Look for Adrienne's Tangy Ylang in the trades, you'd probably like that one too.

Ohh yes! Most definately.

I'm at the bottom 1/8 of my Cougar boosted bottle... YUMMY

Humm... rebrew request time. Damn the order list was workable now its growing again. ?

Oh awesome! Just when I thought my hunt list was dwindling....

I'm at the bottom 1/8 of my Cougar boosted bottle... YUMMY

I had one of those too - well, a half bottle, as I split it with Liz.

I had one of those too - well, a half bottle, as I split it with Liz.

I'm now wondering what "Lisa's Creamy Ylang" (LOL) would be like with a dab of Sugared Grapefruit.

Not the same natch. But, it begs to be tried.

• 3 months later...
On 5/4/2018 at 12:24 AM, johnsonlisa90012 said:

Did you try it?  I might have more creamy ylang left : )

No, not yet but its on my to do list. I'll definately post a note on it. I love your Creamy Ylang. Ive gone thru 1/2 the bottle. :)