Warm & Toasty

Beccah

AD-WarmToasty_1.jpg

Warm & Toasty

Mara’s recipe for a chilly night’s delight was so delicious we brought it back for an encore! The richness of butter, warm milk, brown sugar and banana folded into toasty bread accords with accents of walnut, pecan and chestnut.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

BANANA ~ Fertility, potency, prosperity; lightens emotional burdens.
FLOUR ~ Plenty, prosperity, health, nourishment and nurturing.
BUTTER ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
SUGAR ~
Attractslove
, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
NUTS ~ Fertility, prosperity, love, luck, fortitude.

Scent: Warm, buttered banana bread.

This version is little bit more banana heavy. But not a total banana scent. It smells like warm banana bread, fresh out of the oven and slathered in butter. While the other version reminded me of buttered toast, this is a bit creamier from the exta banana. This is such a comforting scent.

I sound like a broken record, but: fresh banana bread, hot from the oven, slathered in so much butter it drips through and leaves an oily little pool on the plate. This is so yummy and comforting!

This, exactly.

I actually overbuy bananas once a month or so just so I can make banana bread, and that is exactly how I eat it- warm and buttered- and that is exactly what this smells like, only with nuts (I don't make mine with nuts in it). YUM!

I'm not getting banana out of it either, sadly... I've tested a few times, so I'll leave the bottle to age a tad. I'm hoping it'll balance differently when I try it next!

This is getting SO much better on me now. I don't get banana, which is fine by me but at first it was all nuts. Too nuts. Now they have backed down and I am getting that delicious buttered bread everyone else is getting. Wow it is so delicious now. I already placed my order...I really couldn't get more than I got right now but if this lasts I just may end up with it.

What a perfect bedtime scent. Or a hang around the house in jammies Sunday scent. I will be craving this on freezing cold mornings in the winter I just know it.

So I just sniffed it out of the tester and I did get a whiff of banana. Not too much though.

Comparing the rebrew with the original - this version is sweeter, I get more of the banana (though it's soft), and it's somewhat more intense, but still with that lovely buttery goodness, mmmm! Such warm, much toasty. :D

Interesting -- I put this on today because it's a cold, rainy Saturday (my idea of heaven) and as it is my one day off from work I wanted to spoil myself by staying in pajamas with books and cats and coffee all day. I slathered Warm and Toasty on and this time I got serious nuts from it, which I don't recall from earlier test! It's not bad, just a really different flavor. The banana was still present but taking a back seat to the nuts. Fortunately the butter is constant! I am SO glad I decided to get a full bottle of this. Sample is almost gone!

I don't get banana at all! But what I do get is movie theater butter popcorn. I love the smell - just not sure if I love smelling LIKE THIS. I'm wondering about what to layer w/this.

ETA: (I was posting on the older thread!)

I am completely amazed again how Mara manages to NAIL a scent. This one is indeed "warm & toasty".... I smell like buttered popcorn when it's first applied. I don't get the banana until it's completely dried down.

Movie theaters should buy this stuff & have employees wear it... They could make a killing on selling popcorn. It literally makes you salivate.

I'm not sure I want to walk around smelling like popcorn, buttered toast or banana pancakes, though. Any suggestions on what to layer with W&T - either another scent or some Sugareds - in order to help sweeten/feminize it up a bit would be welcome!

OMG wouldn't this make a killer Wax Melt too...

Edited by LoveStruck

• 2 weeks later...

I get banana-scented butter, like the reverse of frying bananas in butter. Less movie-popcorn butter (including, less salty) than the original brew. This faded surprisingly quickly on me but I think I'm super dehydrated as I noticed my face is super super dry today

• 1 month later...

First time I sniffed this, I had a cold, so it was hard to make out much of it. Today I can smell things better so I tried again.

At the start, a faint banana hint turning into toast and butter, literally two minutes later...bang...something a little like caraway, pumps itself up eclipsing everything else and smacking me in the face full force. Fastest morph ever. I'm sad. It's actually giving me a headache, I think I have to wash it off. I was thinking I'd need more than a sample, but this has gone so bad, I think one try was enough. It grew like those sponge capsules you used to get that you put water on and they turned into an animal.

I have no idea what happened.

• 10 months later...

I have been wearing the hell out of this. It's so weird, I know it's not in the notes, but i swear it smells coconutty to me. Like buttery banana bread with toasted coconut flakes galore. It's so good! I want to eat this LP... Just kidding I won't- but it's just that good!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

There is ONE bottle left of this. Talk me in or out of it. I don't think I want to smell like bananas, but so many said it didn't on them. If you still have it, how did your bottle age? (I could justify getting it for the label alone!)

The banana aspect isn't that strong, I don't think. It's primarily warm buttery goodness. It's one of my favorite bedtime scents, still so delicious!

The banana aspect isn't that strong, I don't think. It's primarily warm buttery goodness. It's one of my favorite bedtime scents, still so delicious!

Thank you! That is what I want it for, a bedtime comforting scent. It will be mine.

Edited by Eve

• 2 months later...

OOoooooh, yay, this one is lovely! I had to wait for a day alone with my daughter because both my son and my man hate banana, but I honestly don't think either of them would pick it up. When I first put it on, I was getting that dusty smell I've been getting with the oatmeal note, and I was bummed. Like, "Oh no! My skin can't handle the scent of any bulk dry goods!" An hour later, it doesn't smell like bread, certainly not popcorn, just kind of a cozy skin scent, like how I smell after taking my afternoon nap in my bed of crushed sugared pecans. 

• 1 year later...

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this one before.  The banana is pretty light on me, just enough to give it extra sweet, buttery "flavor" (putting flavor in quotes because I don't eat my LPs, I swear. :)  It's just that it's SO foodie that I almost think of it in terms of taste.) It's pure nutty sugary buttery goodness. It's the best scent EVER to wear to best. Just soft and comforting.