Blue for Men w/ Super Sexy

AD-Blue4Men_1.jpg

OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.
SPICES ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.
BERGAMOT ~ Relaxant, confidence builder. Uplifts emotions, protection, attracts riches. Mental alertness, energizing.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
LEATHER ~ The musky scent of leather inspires feelings of lust, personal power, and provides a hint of danger.
PEPPER ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, exorcism, breaks hexes.
GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion; beauty and youth glamour. Lends an aura of "sparkle" to the wearer.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.

Scent: A lightly spiced manly baby powder scent with a hint of citrus on top.

• 2 weeks later...

OOOOOH yes. I created a scent quilt on my hubby's skin with my top 4 picks of the monthly sampler (apart from Mark's Girl Nip which I devoured already). And this is the one I came back to, again and again. Made me want to seriously lick his skin. I had been introduced to SS4M in "Super for Men" and I went for a FB with that one, but damn I far prefer this scent with this phero blend !!

I suppose I should say something about the scent itself. However, I am finding it to be just something that 'smells right, smells good" on him. Come to think of it, I sound like many of the husbands whose wives want feedback on their new LP and they can't get more specific than that. I am able to be perfectly coherent about scents on myself...it's musky, it's resiny, it's floral with an undertone of vanilla...but for some reason that part of my brain right now is shut off when I smell a scent on my hubby. It seems to come down to whether it makes him smell like my mate & best friend. Might have to do with the years of imprinting on each other. When I test unisex and male scents on MY skin, I am also able to analyze and describe them, but then I wont know whether I will like them on HIM so I haven't been doing that as much.

This reminds me of the pheromone t-shirt parties, where people pick 'blind dates' based on the scent of t-shirts sealed into baggies. Apparently we are attracted to phero signatures that we need in some way at that time, that feel right to us. And since a large part of the experience of this fragrance is the pheromone blend, I would have to guess that both the scent and the phero agree with me. This will be a FB for me for sure.

This one is definitely a "Keeper". At least one Full Bottle kind of keeper.

The oakmoss and spices do give this a definite oriental feel. In fact, it reminds me of a very high end cologne I once tried as a sample - Serge Lutens Vetiver Oriental - although of course Mara goes in a very different direction with the leather, pepper and grapefruit.

I think Androstenol put it perfectly. This scent just "smells right" I do not know how else to describe it. "Oriental" style base with the spice of the pepper and the citrus "sprakle" of the grapefruit would be an accurate technical description of the scent on my skin. But it "smells right, smells good" is really the better description, although "smells good" is defnitely and understatement. "Smells great and I have to have a bottle" is a much better description.

The projection and staying power of this scent is also exceptional. I tend to go light with scents because Mrs. QG is defnitely a "Less is More" kinda person when it come to scents, but my usual "less" had very strong projection and was even pretty decent the next day. A great combination - a fantastic scent with great projection and staying power.

An added bonus to this scent is that it has the Super Sexy for Men (SS4M) pheromone mix. This great sexual mix is one of my "go to" pheromone mixes. It is not an "over the top" sexual mix which is actually one of its big strengths. The sexual component is definitely there, but because it is not an "in your face" kind of sexual signal, there is a very strong social comonent to it as a result.

Do NOT hesitate to try this one.

Edited by quietguy

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks on, I'm about to buy my FB of this. It has taken on a life of it's own in our house: I wear it on days that I'm working ( I work part-time) on my left wrist close to my wedding band. It's an instant olfactory connection to my husband. That's a pretty potent and emotional thing for me. I'm a grown woman, and this is a huge indulgence, something I'm more likely to have done during our courtship. So me admitting to myself that yes, after all these years of marriage, I still want to feel him and smell him on me, and that I even need that....whew...that's quite a pile of gushy feelings. And I'm very glad. I want a vital marriage in my life, not one where we are roommates. This helps, probably in ways I have yet to discover.

Like quietguy described above, it's oriental. Don't be afraid of the pepper, it's mild. And don't be afraid of the leather. Some leather scents make me feel nauseous (new car smell memories) but this is REALLY well blended. I have no trouble wearing this on one wrist and wearing whatever other scent I want for myself that day, it's not overpowering.

On hubby's skin it sparkles and morphs over time. Each inhale smells a little different - it's quite complex - and that keeps me coming back for more, and more....

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so tried Blue two days ago. What I can take away from it is that it smells classy. I'm not taking away an asian hint as others are. It gave me a personal feel of 'you da man.'

I am a confident fella anyway, but this just made me feel like 'you should all be looking at me.'

Kinda silly, yes, but that's just how it made me feel. I always try things a few times before final judgement. On first try this is a potential Full Bottle.

I really like this one! I figured I might even though it's not normally a male fragrance trope I'm into...the bergamot sits right in the center of the construction for me, framed by the resinous notes and it's just so upbeat and yet relaxed at the same time, if that makes sense. It's interesting because the vetiver-pepper-grapefruit are what I smell most in the vial, but on me it's different. I would say this is a fragrance for just about any situation, although I'm picturing a casual afternoon of socializing. The spices peek out after a while, although they're rather subdued; for me they enhance the bergamot in terms of the overall zesty aura.

And I love SS4M as a mood-enhancing phero for me, so this one might not make it to Quince, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

How does the grapefruit note fit into this over all? Does it lend to the whole with the bergomot to give a noticable citrus type note or can they be picked out individually?

Now that you've all had it for a bit, how is it settling in, if at all?

The bergamot was stronger for me than the grapefruit - but then again it's not a note that really lasts on me in general with the exception of Cougar Potion.

I was really excited to see another fragrance boosted with the much celebrated SS4M (Super Sexy for Men).

Short version: My wife liked it, but I amped the powder to the point that it tickled my scent sensors. I'm going to put it away and try it again during warm weather.

The bergamot was stronger for me than the grapefruit - but then again it's not a note that really lasts on me in general with the exception of Cougar Potion.

Thank you. It looks like such an interesting arrangement of notes. Pepper and leather, grapefruit and oakmoss...also I want to know what a scent that "just smells right" smells like :D

• 3 weeks later...

I was really looking forward to this one for my man... sadly, it smells like soap mixed with BO on him. Such a disappointment. I guess he'll have to stick to LP #9 as a cover scent for now.

This one is going on my trade thread.

This is coming with my Jan sampler and back up bottle of Dark Desires - (YES! He liked it enough that I got a BACK UP!) Wasn't brave enough to go FB on Blue, but looking forward to the sample!

Tresting this one...

First on, it's strong. Slap you in the face and wake you up - "Oh, am I going to knock people over with this one?" strong. But that was only while wet. It quickly settled to clean and very powdery. Then its next brief stage is ALL powder. I was like, "yikes", he's going to creep out and at that point the man decided "Bleck!" :D But I reminded him to wait - we ARE talking about LPs here after all.

So the super powder stage passes in 5-10 minutes. I can pick out the leather note - I think because it's a favorite, not because it's really prominent. The spice is a reeeeally nice touch. It eventually, (about a half hour?), settles into itself. It's decidedly masculine to me. It's clean, not like shower clean but linen?, no, cotton, soft comfy cotton clean. It becomes much more close to the skin and just really smells pleasant. You wouldn't mistake it for clean clothes or laundry smell because the oak moss does settle and share the stage - after a while, about a half hour-ish? I don't get grapefruit at all, or am not recognizing it? There IS something that that could be the grapefruit/bergamot that my nose is reading as "bright"?

While the man has conceded that it is indeed NOT "bleck", it isn't for him. It's a bit too soft, too clean and doesn't fit him. But as a fragrance over all, once it's settled in, it's really nice :heart:

Sadly, we haven't tested enough to see what the phero blend does :( I'll just have to keep watching for the next phero fragrance with SS4M :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am surprised you do not have a bottle, Donsie. Rumor has it that is you on the label ... :D

They photoshopped the clothes on you? Bold!

Edited by quietguy

• 3 months later...

So I've read all the reviews, but curious - is this unisex enough for a girl to wear or would the SS4M not be congruent for a female? The notes look great and the label is pretty cool.

I don't want to smell like (or feel like) a guy, but tempted to try at least a sample of it. But if the SS4M would make me feel or give off 'guy vibes', definitely not what I'm going for.

ETA: Also wondering about women wearing some male pheros in general. It seems guys like you more when you're already dating someone else. So..... just saying, maybe there's potential with this one?

Edited by Beach Goddess

I honestly don't know that SS4M would work that way on a woman. But it can be a mood enhancer for women, that's how I've used it, on occasion. It doesn't make you "feel" like a guy, or at least that's not the way it works on me.

It's definitely a male scent but I'd wear it, it's really nice. Then again, there are lots of male scents I do wear, so...but it wasn't made to be unisex, technically.

I love the sound of this scent, but I'm like Beach Goddess: not interested in giving weird signals to other people. I use B2 at night as kind of a relaxing thing, but I wouldn't wear it around other people.