Ladybird w/ Levitation

AD-Ladybird_1.jpg

POMEGRANATE ~ Divination, luck, wishes granted, wealth, fertility.

KUMQUAT ~ Prosperity and good fortune.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM (WHIPPED CREAM) ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

Scent: Girly, sweet and cute, a lightly fruity marshmallow and whipped cream scent that lays close to the skin.

I don't know that I've ever had the good fortune to smell kumquat, but there's definitely a top note of fruitiness!

Once that settles, the creamy goodness beneath starts to shine through - Mmmmmm...butter, sugar, milk, cream, vanilla, marshmallow....

It's NOT actually a heavy, thick foodie fragrance. It's light and creamy fluff with a berry/tart kiss. I would have laid it all at the feet of the pomegranate, but the kumquat may be a partner in crime :D This IS definitely all girl, and I think it will be a good match for the coming holiday season! ^_^

Kumquat is tart.

Thanks Halo! now I'm curious about kumquat. After looking it up, is the kumquat note from the fruit (my first guess) or it's flower? The fruit is in a citrus category but it's coming across as a tart tweak to my nose and is very complimentary to the pomegranate, perks up the whole fragrance ^_^

I smelled this and immediately thought...MRSCHRISSYREZ. Lol this is her scent for sure. I haven't taken it on a real spin yet so I won't write a real review. Just wanted to give her a heads up on that before it sells out. This one will be very popular. Too pink for me I fear...but we'll see...

Too pink?? Is there a thing such as this?? :) I'm not chrissy, but glad for post as gives a heads up. I'm crying inside as want to try so much more if it's a true pink.

Heehee, I did not read this sentence correctly at first..

Bella - OMG - I did same thing. Now everytime I see "tart", I keep reading that the same way. haha

Lol! Yes too pink makes teeth hurt. This scent is def you BG!! And prob Pirouette too. That ones not pink obviously but has a beachy vibe to it.

OMG I've been drooling over these 2. Should I dare go for it unsniffed? Decisions... I'm already over budget on LP, then had hair done earlier, so *had* to stop at Ulta (I had self control there today there, stuck to small list).

:money-2::perfume::Emoticons04280:

I'm sure it's the fruit. Mara always specifies blossom if it's the flower.

Awesome!

:LIKE:

Well, since I went FB already I can openly gush about my love for this scent. I might even need a back up. It's sooooo pretty! I sniffed without looking at the notes and I wasn't sure what I was smelling. It's fruity, creamy, lightly tart and girly. I think Levitation is an excellent phero match here. It's happy, bright and PINK. I wish I could wear pheros right now, because I would slather this like crazy. It's reminding me of a candy or sweet drink but I can't place it. God, I couldn't NOT be happy wearing this. This might be in my Top 10 LPs.

I love love love this. To me its not pink in the typical way at all. It's sweet and tart and creamy. The marshmallow really comes in late in the drydown. I'm in love with the long drydown. Wears very close to the body. I'm trying to decide if I need a bottle or not. Super pretty.

Pink pomegranate fluffy clouds of marshmallow and whipped cream, YES!! It starts out with the pomegranate, and the tart little kick from the kumquat keeps it from going too syrupy. Then in the drydown, the whipped cream comes out as the tart backs off, and makes this the creamiest, dreamiest scent ever! And the marshmallow lasts a good long while, too. After lunch today, I kept getting delicious whiffs of fruity fluffyness, and I'm not sure if the scent or the Levitation phero was keeping me smiling today, but I like it, I like it a lot. :love::heart:

To me its not pink in the typical way at all. It's sweet and tart and creamy.

Yes I agree. It's wonderfully sugary and fluffy and upbeat - so perfect for Levitation - but it's not just pink like I perceive many pink-based scents to be. It's got a multi-layered characteristic to it; if anything it's a little more tart on me than sweet. In that way it makes me think of something like Passion in Pink.

There is one thing I have to note about Levitation as a phero blend. I just DO NOT get the kind of hits from the unscented as I do from the fragrances it's intended to be in. Seriously. I got the Un when I fell in love with Flying Potion but it just didn't give me the same selfies or hits. Could it all be in my head? I think, for me, the dreaminess of it's paired fragrances enhances the phero effects. I've noticed with some pheros it's better for me to go with Mara's heavenly creations than it is to go Un (Lumina is another one! AHE & Pherodise = great! Un = not the same :( idk???)

Ladybird is like that! I'm on the fence with this one because I still have my Flying Potion - but this would just make such a delicious spray that I feel I may have to cave....

I didn't get a pink vibe from this at all. This is like a pomegranate fluff. (Does this exist? I must experiment in the kitchen!!) So even though there is the sweet creaminess of the sugar and marshmallow, the pom adds a rich, deep sophisticated note. And it isn't overly tart to my nose. The kumquat gives this just enough of an edge so we don't float away on a puffy cloud. It wears really light on me. I'd have to slather this. The scent with the Levitation phero is wonderful. we're just on a cloud of happy over here in our office!!

Been testing this one, especially since it's PINK genre. I agree with Luna that it's not what is considered a "typical pink" (I'm paraphrasing, but refencing what I typically consider a PINK scent), due to the top tart fruit note. The tart is good, just for PINK, usually more smooth.

Wet it is almost too sweet, quickly on dry down, I get more of the fruit (idk if it's mix of kumquat or pomegranate or one peeping out more than the other. About 5 min into drydown, I get the musk note. At 10 min, I get the marshmellow. At about 20, after huffing away, the butter and cream comes through. It's delicious but not a 'foodie'.

It perfect pairing for Levitation, spot on. It's light and bright. I would feel good wearing in work situation or out and about.

Would love this in spray - finding certain UNs like Levitation are great that way, but for budget will stick to oil, may convert later. This is def FB worthy! :hearts0425:

ETA: More I huffed realized I should splurge and get this in spray so went for it. :)

Edited by Beach Goddess

Really pretty scent, and I had high hopes for it since these notes are all supposed to work on me, but while it was deliciously tart wet something went a little too sweet on the drydown--I'm side-eyeing the kumquat. Still, I feel I should try it after it ages a few months because it did seem promising, like those fruit-and-cream candies I got from the Swedish candy store in the city, just a tad too sugary on my skin.

Hello Everyone. I have been mostly lurking since finding this site. I do love this scent though and several others that I have ordered. :)

When I first smelled Ladybird I thought it was too sweet. (But I was smelling all the scents that I had bought and that's overload.) The next time I opened the bottle I thought it was a nice fruity sweet. It surrounds you with that scent in the beginning then becomes softer. The smell reminds me of a fruity fresh shampoo that I used to love when I was younger. The scent is very carefree, not quite innocent (on drydown I can smell a bit of the musk.), but it is very joyful, definitely uplifting.

I wore it today while working Black Friday and it definitely helped my mood for the beginning of the day. I needed a refresher (or a nice nap) toward the end but the occasional whiff of Ladybird was made me smile.

Guest cutie.pie

Hello Everyone. I have been mostly lurking since finding this site. I do love this scent though and several others that I have ordered. :)

When I first smelled Ladybird I thought it was too sweet. (But I was smelling all the scents that I had bought and that's overload.) The next time I opened the bottle I thought it was a nice fruity sweet. It surrounds you with that scent in the beginning then becomes softer. The smell reminds me of a fruity fresh shampoo that I used to love when I was younger. The scent is very carefree, not quite innocent (on drydown I can smell a bit of the musk.), but it is very joyful, definitely uplifting.

I wore it today while working Black Friday and it definitely helped my mood for the beginning of the day. I needed a refresher (or a nice nap) toward the end but the occasional whiff of Ladybird was made me smile.

Wow, for a newbie you sure know how to write a review! :)

WELCOME! ;)

Welcome Maililyahn,

What an interesting nick you have ! Great first review ! I'd love to see you introduce yourself a bit more, tell us about you, what drew you to LPMP on the Introductions thread :) I love to meet new forum members :)

LOL dammit cutie.pie you must be a speedtyper, you beat me to it !!

Edited by androstenol

Thank you :) I will go find the introduction thread. I was reading whatever took my fancy at the moment and saw the review for this one and had to say that I quite like it. I also love LP Red but that is a different post. ;)

It's very sweet and pink and girly - and in the drydown it seems to get even sweeter on me!

Not sure if this will work on me, maybe if I layer it with a dry kind of scent...

It's nice, but just very overwhelmingly sweet!

Eyes roll back in head delicious. Dense girly desserty frostingy heaven. I don't find myself using levitation a lot so this isn't fb for me...only my wallet is grateful it's not available unpheroed....

• 3 weeks later...

It's very sweet and pink and girly - and in the drydown it seems to get even sweeter on me!

Not sure if this will work on me, maybe if I layer it with a dry kind of scent...

It's nice, but just very overwhelmingly sweet!

I also find it sweet and *very* fruity/juicy. Those two combine to be too much like fruit candies for my liking. I am looking forward to testing out the phero, though.

• 7 months later...

I just received this beauty and I'm in love. It's like being lifted onto the clouds via a bed of marshmallows… I smell juicy, fresh off the orchards fruit and then I get lifted again with the levitation…. Dang I think I'm high on this because I feel great.

• 4 weeks later...

I slathered this on today, mistakenly thinking it had gotcha! I was seriously dazed from a good nights sleep, I did loads of stuff at home, put this on and went out to take stuff back, post parcels etc. I kept just spacing out, it was weird but I got so much done. It was like productive sleepwalking.

I just received this beauty and I'm in love. It's like being lifted onto the clouds via a bed of marshmallows… I smell juicy, fresh off the orchards fruit and then I get lifted again with the levitation…. Dang I think I'm high on this because I feel great.

I went FB spray with this one - adore it. The scent is amazing and it's definitely uplifting. I wish I could have gone for a backup, but oh well. It's such a fun scent and the levitatioin pairing is perfect.

I slathered this on today, mistakenly thinking it had gotcha! I was seriously dazed from a good nights sleep, I did loads of stuff at home, put this on and went out to take stuff back, post parcels etc. I kept just spacing out, it was weird but I got so much done. It was like productive sleepwalking.

:say19: Yes, this isn't one (for me anyway) for motivation, and I space out a bit with it too- but in a good way. I think I fell in love with all of those NR that month - def including Ladybird.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just received this beauty and I'm in love. It's like being lifted onto the clouds via a bed of marshmallows I smell juicy, fresh off the orchards fruit and then I get lifted again with the levitation. Dang I think I'm high on this because I feel great.

Ooooh, did I never mention that this is my jam?? It's also very juicy/fruity to me, lots of cream. I wish I was wearing it right now to better review it. I do wear it all the time, though. One of my coworkers liked it so much I gave her the last little bit of my sample since I scored a bottle on the trade forums. Mmmm ~^.^~

No selfies for me though :(

Edited by belle-ville

• 5 months later...

This one is so uplifting. At first, it's fruity, creamy, sweet. It's a really lovely pomegranate mixed with tangy kumquat. Something about it smells a little tropical to me, kind of like a tropical fruity cocktail. I love it at this point! But then the fruity notes fade pretty quickly, and it settles into a sort of bland creamy smell with a touch of musk. I wish the fruit notes lasted longer on me because they're really great while they last.

• 1 year later...

Of course I've heard perfumes called "pink," but this is SO PINK! If I had to explain the color pink to a blind person, I'd use Ladybird for reference, and I'm sure they'd understand. It's unmistakably feminine, just like a super frilly non-sexual fun and innocent girl. You'd have to keep an eye on this one, though, because when she grows up, she could turn out to be LP Rouge. Not that they smell alike, just that both are bright bursts of different female archetypes.

Wet, my man said I smelled like skittles. I love the sour skittles in the green package, yum. I don't smell like that. He also said I smelled like I was going to a kid's birthday party. I think I smell like the party itself. I know it's not sexy, I'll save it for happy times.

Add some cops to it, Eastwood.

Hmmm, maybe. That's always a game changer. But I have a spray and I really enjoy the decadent feeling I get with sprays. Would you think a little OCCO White or Black would mix well? Or BBM? Or some straight EoW around my belly button?