Pirouette w/ La Femme Mystere

AD-Pirouette_1.jpg

COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.
YLANG YLANG ~ Strongly sensual, attraction, attention, irresistibly, soothes marital problems. Aphrodisiac, mood balancing, relaxation.
LILY ~ Purity, modesty. Wards away evil, protects, and breaks enchantments. Prosperity, happiness, wealth, excitement.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
BERGAMOT ~ Relaxant, confidence builder. Uplifts emotions, protection, attracts riches. Mental alertness, energizing.
GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion; beauty and youth glamour. Lends an aura of "sparkle" to the wearer.
TANGERINE ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
VERBENA ~ Mood uplifting, makes one attractive to the opposite sex, everlasting love.

This is my second favorite! Bright citrus coconut musk. Love this grapefruit. Smells like a thick frothy summer drink.

I like cops with my LFM though....

Will this cover a dose of cops?! That is the question before I order my bottle. It's quite sheer but absolutely gorgeous!!

Eta: the longer it wears the better it gets!!! I should have waited before I wrote my review. It gets less summer drink and more....I don't know...heavier? Maybe the teakwood is coming out... It is definitely a morpher. FB for sure

Edited by missdarlyncherie

This is really pretty and it's got A LOT going on, lol.

The floral and coconut note are actually quite nice together...and then there's this citrus something playing underneath it all. With all the notes, I find it interesting that the coconut is sitting on top. I would have thought the floral notes would trump it but it's all very complimentary to one another.

It isn't wearing sheer on me :D It's a fruity/citrus floral with a creamy coconut touch. I think it would support cops nicely ^_^

OMG between notes and reviews, I think I'm in love with this already and haven't had opp to sniff yet. I took ballet for many years (long time ago), part of me wants to go FB now unsniffed.... and it has LFM. I haven't figured out my right 'dosage' for that yet but love LFM, as one time I definitely got it right - good selfies and hits. Wish I can stop being the 'carpet swan' or insecure person when I don't apply it right.

I was wondering if this is anything like Radium Girl?

I did not order the sampler, since I am still getting used to LP scents (I know, I probably should have... I figured I would snag some off the trade forum).

Radium Girl does not work well on my skin. It's almost like coconut turning bad, or like adding coconut to Lubriderm lotion, but the coconut is definitely the strongest note in that scent.

phergineer, I get mostly grapefruit when it's wet, but as it dries down, it does remind me a lot of Radium Girl.

Good to know, thank you for the review. I love grapefruit, and so does fiance (have only tried it in Cougar) but I think I need to stay away from coconut... :(

I guess I will wait until the next LFM boosted scent :)

I was wondering if this is anything like Radium Girl?

This actually reminds me more of scents like Pirate Bumbo and Skool's Out! than Radium Girl.

Construction-wise, what this really makes me think of is Soaked, and that's what I like about it. It has a cheery fresh juicy brightness to it, a dense intricacy, but not too heavy. Definitely my kind of scent!

Bingo on the Pirate Bumbo!

My first thought was that this smelled a lot like a lighter Glass Slipper with a bit of coconut. The floral notes were just a titch stronger than i would have enjoyed. But like MDC said, this is a morpher. It gets deeper and richer as time goes on. I get more coconut and fruit. Three hours in, and it's absolutely perfect. I sometimes have trouble with honey, but it's light, natural, and vaguely floral as opposed to smutty. It blends seamlessly with the musk. The scent sophisticatedly sexy, perfect for LFM.

I'm wearing this at work today. It is really sweet and feminine. Right after application, I smelled the grapefruit and coconut a lot, and it was reminiscent of Cougar Potion with a twist of coconut. Several hours later, the sugars, floral notes, and coconut are most prominent.

This is really nice. If you like Betrothal Potion, Vampire Bait, and/or Cougar Potion, you will probably like this.

I think this is so pretty! I get mostly grapefruit/tangerine with coconut and musk. I love how citrusy it is and how the coconut gives it this kind of beachy feeling. It's very juicy, bright and sexy. I don't think this is too similar to Radium Girl, the pineapple in that one went a little sour on me. I'm getting more of a combo of Cougar potion and Soaked. This will be so perfect for warmer months!

I'm wearing this at work today. It is really sweet and feminine. Right after application, I smelled the grapefruit and coconut a lot, and it was reminiscent of Cougar Potion with a twist of coconut. Several hours later, the sugars, floral notes, and coconut are most prominent.

This is really nice. If you like Betrothal Potion, Vampire Bait, and/or Cougar Potion, you will probably like this.

That statement is very true. This melds so well with my personal chemistry, I keep sniffing at my wrist entranced. Smells nothing like Cougar to me, more like a fruit tinged skin scent. Like you just maybe naturally smell this good & you happened to use a fruity body wash in the shower that morning.

This is delicious! I've tried it a couple of times now.... it's a great fruity tropical musk, and I love the way the citrus notes pop and give it sparkle but the coconut makes it creamy. It reminds me a bit of Glamour Puss, not that the scents are similar, but that there are a few identifiable notes and then just this heavenly blend that is far too subtle and sophisticated for me to pick out many of the single notes.

Oddly enough, I'm both thinking of a bottle and feeling hesitant for the same reason. I have been looking to get another LFM blend because that so helpful at my retail job. This scent puts me in such a relaxed happy mood, though, I'm not sure I could bear to have it on at work! I'll have to ponder. But this is just lovely.

OMGGGGGGGGG

This is the most instantly transporting LP I've ever experienced, even more than Taste for Lux, which is saying something. I literally had to lie down on the ground, moaning, it was so intense. It took me to this room:

1093e6fe7efaa122812ca8149f3d6ca1_s1000.j

Jardin d'Hiver, the lobby restaurant of the Meurice hotel in Paris. It doesn't smell like this in there, but this scent feels so precisely like that room that it was like being beamed there.

Wet it gave me a huge blast of pineapple (I know) and huge flowers. Pineapple often doesn't work on me in blends, but the not-pineapple in this (maybe the tangerine and verbena combo) loves my skin passionately. The blend is gushing, juicy, superbly elegant, and yet restrained. Two hours in and the scent has stayed pretty much the same.

But the crowning glory of it is that, like fairy massacre, something about the floral is unbearably sexy to me. It's early tea in that room above, followed by non-eye-contact wordless fucking upstairs with a stranger in afternoon daylight with the heavy drapes thrown open... 6" Marie Antoinette heavy pink and green silk ribbons are definitely involved.

ETA forgot to mention - in case the flowers got out of hand, I had smoothed a bit of Amazonian zee together with this, only on one arm. As planned it tamped down the floral and boosted the creamy aspect. I imagine layering this with sugared coconut would have similar effect.

Edited by tyvey

I am really curious to try this once my cold goes away. I'm not wasting any by applying until then but I had to sniff in the bottle when it arrived and I get loads of sort of...juicy (must be the fruit) coconut. Somehow it doesn't seem beachy-Hawaii-tropical though. Intrigued to see if I get the florals Tyvey mentioned once it's actually on my skin.

When I first put Pirouette on, it was straight up "FRUIT SALAD NOW, B!TCHES!" but it calmed down pretty quickly. ;) It turned into a very pretty fruity floral, I'm having trouble describing it beyond that. As NuTrix said, there is a lot going on and I really couldn't put my finger on much in particular. Definitely got lily, musk, citrus. The coconut was super strong in the fruity blast at first but it was a soft touch after it dried down. This may just be a "me" thing, but I frequently think ylang ylang smells like coconut. So it's possible I never got as much coconut as I thought I did. I confuse the two. I know, I'm weird.

This is not a "me" scent and I knew that ordering, but I've never tried LFM and was curious about it and thought, "what the heck, it might surprise me." And it did, because I really like it a lot more than I thought I would. I'll enjoying using up my trial vial though I doubt I'd go FB on it.

On the LFM front, I got some nice self effects but I didn't notice much effect on others around me, and I did go out and about today. I might have needed to apply more, I was very sparing in my application due to how strongly fruity it was wet. Now that I know how it will turn out, I'll be heavier handed next time and see how it goes. As for the self effects, well, I'll level with you, if I had to rely on my looks to survive, I'd starve to death. :P But I was looking in the mirror after applying Pirouette thinking "dayum girl, you lookin' good today!" :lol: I definitely got a good confidence (ego?) boost. I need to get my picture taken soon for something work related and I'll be saving some Pirouette for the occasion, maybe it'll fool everybody else too, haha!

I adore LFM, but I wasn't sure about this scent, because of the coconut. It is a bit too coconut-y for me, but I think with some creative layering it will be great. I am hoping that with a bit of aging the coconut will recede a bit and all these other wonderful notes will emerge!!

This just doesn't work for me, despite my love of LFM.

On my skin the notes never come together, there actually seems to be some conflict among them and my skin just does not want to play at peacemaker. I can't pick a particular objection except to say there's no harmony, it's like each note is a diva and everyone wants their own spotlight..

I'll probably hang on to my trial, just to see what happens but that's going to be it.

Edited by StacyK

I like this one. A lot! Beach Goddess, if you haven't tried this, you might want to consider it. It's quite beautiful. My only reason for not being sure about a FB is that with my chemistry, upon dry down, it smells very much like OCCO Ambrosia. NOT a bad thing!!! I adore Ambrosia, but I am pretty well stocked up on it at three bottles. This potion is Mmmmmmm...yummy! Highly recommend!

I like this one. A lot! Beach Goddess, if you haven't tried this, you might want to consider it. It's quite beautiful. My only reason for not being sure about a FB is that with my chemistry, upon dry down, it smells very much like OCCO Ambrosia. NOT a bad thing!!! I adore Ambrosia, but I am pretty well stocked up on it at three bottles. This potion is Mmmmmmm...yummy! Highly recommend!

Thanks for info Rose - miss you!! I'll test tomorrow - been testing Coquette today. :) I adore OCCO Ambrosia too. November's NRs are almost all so yummy I'm finding it hard (er than usual) to narrow down what to go for FB. Especially with more pheromas on my list.

I tested this once, but was when I got my sampler and other goodies, so I was covered w/ a mess of scents - not proper testing but a LOT of fun. :)

• 5 weeks later...

It was very potent in the bottle, very floral for what I normally would enjoy but putting it on softened to floral scents tremendously. I got a whiff of coconut as it was drying down but then didn't notice it at all afterward. It became very warm and fruity. Much later, I noticed mostly a warm sugar tone, almost like brown sugar. The effects of LFM were exactly what I had hoped for as well.

The second time I wore it I noticed the coconut more and didn't get the warm sugar on dry down at all. I kept waiting for it because it was kind of luscious and sweet together. The second time it continued to smell very well blended the entire time.

As far as hits go, LFM was exactly what you guys said it would be. I am very glad it was suggested to me by several people. I wore it to work and one of the managers standing next to me stayed around after the morning meeting to talk. He had TONS to do. He later brought in my stuff himself instead of sending one of his people. Then he stayed around while I opened it "to see if it was what we had been waiting on" which didn't really matter to anyone outside the frame shop. Normally he is humorous but it has a somewhat condescending tone to it. Like he assumes he is smarter than everyone else. This time he was almost respectful.

For self effects, which was why I was wanting to wear LFM to begin with, it was exactly right also. I had more confidence and didn't feel as chatty and open as I am with some of the other social pheros.

When I first used this sample it seemed like the coconut and teakwood were fighting against floral and fruitiness. Now that it had had ample time to meld together it is beautiful. It is like the difference between musicians warming up prior to a symphony and then bringing it harmoniously together for the main show. Beautiful. And LFM is always a winner for me.

This is the only scent where I experienced the infamous cycle-scent-change phenomena in full blast. When I first wore it (and on most days), it was all coconut and citrusy musk, like Cougar Potion and Coco y Frambuesa had a beautiful little LFM ballerina baby. Then a couple times after, I applied it one morning a few days prior to my period and there was nothing but ylang ylang and vanilla-honey smoothness. Today, I think I'm ovulating and it's straight teakwood, vanilla, bergamot, and musk. Aaaamazing.

Yeah, so despite me throwing the notes all over the place, the Potion Master made magic in a bottle for me with this. No matter what note shows up, it's soft and warm and gorgeoussss.

Ack, really, VV? I didn't like this one a great deal at first but am experiencing the benefits of hormonal boosts to all sorts of fragrances ATM. I'm going to crack out the Pirouette on your recommendation, as I'd prefer the ylang ylang and vanilla-honey or teakwood/vanilla/musk to the coco-citrus.

Guest cutie.pie

I can't believe I haven't tried this one yet. On my skin it's very citrusy (and I can also smell some honey)... It reminds me a lot of my all time fav - Celebutante (probably because of the grapefruit and coconut).

It's really really nice!

Thanks for info Rose - miss you!! I'll test tomorrow - been testing Coquette today. :) I adore OCCO Ambrosia too. November's NRs are almost all so yummy I'm finding it hard (er than usual) to narrow down what to go for FB. Especially with more pheromas on my list.

I tested this once, but was when I got my sampler and other goodies, so I was covered w/ a mess of scents - not proper testing but a LOT of fun. :)

Have you tried it? It reminds me of Celebutante (and I know you wanted to try that one)... ;)

This is the only scent where I experienced the infamous cycle-scent-change phenomena in full blast. When I first wore it (and on most days), it was all coconut and citrusy musk, like Cougar Potion and Coco y Frambuesa had a beautiful little LFM ballerina baby. Then a couple times after, I applied it one morning a few days prior to my period and there was nothing but ylang ylang and vanilla-honey smoothness. Today, I think I'm ovulating and it's straight teakwood, vanilla, bergamot, and musk. Aaaamazing.

Yeah, so despite me throwing the notes all over the place, the Potion Master made magic in a bottle for me with this. No matter what note shows up, it's soft and warm and gorgeoussss.

VV - Loving your description! I haven't had opp to test this much, but I almost laughed out loud (in a good way of course) about those 2 LPs having " a beautiful little LFM ballerina baby." Awesome way to describe, will start playing with this one again tomorrow. And I love both of those LPs.

Have you tried it? It reminds me of Celebutante (and I know you wanted to try that one)... ;)

cutiepie, I've only dabbled with it once, maybe twice. But between you and VV (I doubt I'll ever find Celebutante, but that's ok, Pop potion makes me feel almost like a movie star) - must try this scent more. I'm still trying to find my sweet spot with LFM and I think playing with it in a scented version may be the way to go.

Guest cutie.pie

cutiepie, I've only dabbled with it once, maybe twice. But between you and VV (I doubt I'll ever find Celebutante, but that's ok, Pop potion makes me feel almost like a movie star) - must try this scent more. I'm still trying to find my sweet spot with LFM and I think playing with it in a scented version may be the way to go.

Sweetie, if you want, ask Halo an email exchange, I'll send you a sample of Celebutante ;)

Sweetie, if you want, ask Halo an email exchange, I'll send you a sample of Celebutante ;)

Really cutiepie? That would be awesome, I'll ask for exchange. Let me know if your ISO and I'll check my stash so I can give something in return. I have some off ranch you may want samples of, just based on some of your posts.

Will discuss deets via email- muchas gracias!

I put this on my inner arms on Monday right before getting an estimate for a very expensive service. Dude was chilly and formal at first, so I got inappropriately close to him and flailed my inner arms in his face a few times, not kidding - I'm sure he thought I was insane. He promptly did a 180, all deferential and solicitous. Gave me a 20% discount on the spot for no reason. This morning, yes days later, he emailed and took off another 20%. !!! imprinting FTW

Guest cutie.pie

I put this on my inner arms on Monday right before getting an estimate for a very expensive service. Dude was chilly and formal at first, so I got inappropriately close to him and flailed my inner arms in his face a few times, not kidding - I'm sure he thought I was insane. He promptly did a 180, all deferential and solicitous. Gave me a 20% discount on the spot for no reason. This morning, yes days later, he emailed and took off another 20%. !!! imprinting FTW

:smiley-laughing024:

Part pheros and part fear of your flailing, I think, Tyvey!

The poor guy didn't stand a chance :Emoticons04263:

• 3 weeks later...