Pirouette w/ La Femme Mystere

Guest cutie.pie

I wore this few days ago when I went to my doctor's. The nurse told me I smell great, like coconut :)

Guest cutie.pie

OK, it's official: if you want to get compliments, you wear this!!! Out of all LPs, Pirouette is the one that gets me the most compliments! But the funny part is someone tells me I smell like coconut, someone tells me I smell like vanilla, someone tells me I smell citrusy lol :)

But the funny part is someone tells me I smell like coconut, someone tells me I smell like vanilla, someone tells me I smell citrusy lol :)

THIS is one of the MOST fascinating things about LP fragrances - the wide range of "what others pick out." I am constantly surprised how different something I may pick out as what the prominent fragrance is and what someone else does - PARTICULARLY my husband lol. It's really very much an adventure each time I wear them to see who interprets them and in what manner :)

Guest cutie.pie

It's really very much an adventure each time I wear them to see who interprets them and in what manner :)

Yup, I agree!! Wow, now I see how dull my life was before LPs :lol:

But the funny part is someone tells me I smell like coconut, someone tells me I smell like vanilla, someone tells me I smell citrusy lol :)

THIS is one of the MOST fascinating things about LP fragrances - the wide range of "what others pick out." I am constantly surprised how different something I may pick out as what the prominent fragrance is and what someone else does - PARTICULARLY my husband lol. It's really very much an adventure each time I wear them to see who interprets them and in what manner :)

Right, because all of those notes are in this fragrance, after all. It's just a matter of what another person can smell most prominently.

• 1 month later...

This isn't a smell that I would usually think to purchase if I were in a shop. However, I really wanted to try out LFM so I got a sample of it. The staying power of the oil is amazing, I put it on at about 7 AM and it's now close to 4 PM and I can still get a trace of the smell. My nose isn't super sensitive or able to pick up scents, sometimes I think that it might not be a scent is amping, but that my nose just finally realized what the note actually was, lol. According to my observations, it seems like I get more of a citrus/coconut vibe when I first put it on my skin. As it burns off through out the day I get more of musk notes, and the last remaining parts of the fragrance are the ylang and jasmine. It's a very pleasant smell, but I'm not sure if I will go FB or not.

I am still testing to see if LFM does anything for me. Thus far I haven't felt too different. I do notice that I am a bit calmer. I haven't noticed anyone trying to cater to me, I did notice that I interacted a bit better with a coworker. This co worker and I are both relatively anxious people, so when we speak together our conversations tend to be a bit awkward because we are both freaking out. Today it seemed like I was a tiny bit more calm and reserved so it helped with communicating with them since I wasn't freaking out.

• 1 month later...

My review cannot even come close to Tyvey's (who's could - OMG awesome), so I won't even try to go there.

This scent is a mystery to me. It wears very close to my skin - is this just me? But then sometimes I feel like it 'blossoms out' of my skin - adooooooorrre it.

But when I wore it out the other weekend, I received compliments on it, so it can't wear as close as I think it does. But, that said, the first person who complimented me on it had hugged me - so it just went from there with other friends sniffing me.

I cannot discern the notes well. I agree that sometimes the top note is coconut, sometimes it's grapefruit, and that's me when I'm huffing myself. And this just in- now honey - as I am huffing myself for this review. And honey that didn't turn powdery? Yay. I wonder if it's the 'smutty honey'.

It's def FB worthy, and I am a bit surprised with myself in how much I like this one and am so happy to have FB on the way. Though I can't sniff out the bergamont specifically, I really like (and sometimes need) this note. I think this note is one of the many reasons I love Beach Bunny and Surfer Dude so much bc it DOES uplift me.

Sultry yet also sweet. It's so elusive to me to describe other than I feel pretty beautiful and cool right now wearing it. It's the notes and the LFM y'all. :Emoticons04235:

Oh, I've also worn it with a dab of LP Pink (boosted) just to 'pink' it up a tiny bit - they play well together.

I noticed this one went flying away during the sale, and I'm glad it stayed around long enough to make the sale. Maybe one day PERM or re-brew? :)

• 4 weeks later...

From Pheroma 2014 timeframe: I agree with a prior review that this smells like summer time. The coconut turned plasticky on me, but I liked it from the wet beginning and tried to overlook the plastic. I know there is no peach in it, but on me I smelled peachy and fruity. It’s bright and sunny. But I was wearing it to Christmas shop and it just didn’t agree with my sense of what I think I should smell like in December. On the other hand, it was my first experience with La Femme Mystere and I liked it. My husband and I had wonderful shopping experiences for the entire 5 hours we were out at many different places and a great time together during what is usually a hectic time. I am on the hunt for a cold weather version with La Femme Mystere. I would save this for warm weather.

Update: I bought a full bottle in the 2015 sale. This is a wonderful warm weather scent. Fruity and bright and definitely for summertime! Smelled great all day without re-application and had a happy day wearing it! I still get that plasicky note about halfway in to drydown, but it disappears after a couple hours. So glad I was able to get a full bottle after all this time!

• 3 weeks later...

Today I wore this for the second time and while there's a little fruitiness wet, once it's dry, all I get is this cloying coconut. I've never been a huge coconut fan so I'm having a hard time really getting into this. It doesn't smell bad, just not my thing. I'll finish up my trial vial and keep my eye out for other LFM/LFN scents.

Today I wore this for the second time and while there's a little fruitiness wet, once it's dry, all I get is this cloying coconut. I've never been a huge coconut fan so I'm having a hard time really getting into this. It doesn't smell bad, just not my thing. I'll finish up my trial vial and keep my eye out for other LFM/LFN scents.

Perhaps there will be something in November that will suit you. :)

I missed out on getting a full bottle of this during the sale. It was on my list but I was waiting for the next paycheck and by the time I could order it was gone. However, Cutie_Pie was nice enough to sell me her bottle. :hearts09780:

Perhaps there will be something in November that will suit you. :)

I missed out on getting a full bottle of this during the sale. It was on my list but I was waiting for the next paycheck and by the time I could order it was gone. However, Cutie_Pie was nice enough to sell me her bottle. :hearts09780:

Yeah, I'd love a great LFM/LFN scent :)

Guest cutie.pie

Yeah, I'd love a great LFM/LFN scent :)

Not sure if you know this, but in November all NR will be phero enhanced :) That is my favorite month! :)

Hurrah! A hit! I’ve been wanting a hit from LFM for a long time, so a little while ago, when I took my car into the repair shop, I thought: “Hmm, a good chance for testing” slathered almost half of my sample vial of “Pirouette” on, and chose to wait in the front room until the repairs were done. The manager who helped me when I first came in was a little flirty. (Along the lines of: “I wouldn’t do this for just anybody, but for you…) But then he usually is rather friendly and flirty, so I couldn’t tell if that counted as a genuine hit. However, there were a couple of unmistakable hits. Part way through, the assistant manager, who is usually pretty quiet and work-focused came out with my scheduled maintenance list. Usually when this happens, they call me up to the front desk, run over everything that my car is “overdue” for, and then push really hard for one or two items on it to be done that day because they are “critical”. This time however, the assistant manager came out to where I was sitting, went down on one knee right beside my chair, and slowly and carefully went over the list, item by item quietly explaining what each one was and entailed, then handed me the list, and walked away without pressuring me at all. Not only that, but through the entire exchange he didn’t look me in the eyes once. The whole thing was so unusual that I was actually a little unnerved, but then it struck me that it was probably the phero.

Then later, I had another hit, this time from a man who had brought his truck in for an oil change, and waited in the front room as well. Now, I’ve already been warned that the best phero results come when you don’t dwell on them, so I’d equipped myself with a book I’d never read before, in order to keep my mind off it. I was reading my book and doing my best to ignore the overloud TV show that was on, when this man sat down in a nearby chair, and within 3 minutes he was smiling, chuckling, trying to make eye contact, commenting on the TV show, and trying to draw me into a conversation about it. I responded as politely as I could, but by now I was really engrossed in my book, had forgotten all about the phero, and was extremely irritated, wondering why he kept trying to draw my attention to the asinine TV show. (Couldn’t he see I was reading? Why wouldn’t he just leave me alone? Etc.) Then, when his truck was ready and he’d paid and was leaving, he made eye contact one last time as he headed out the door, beamed seraphically at me, and said: “Have a great day!”

And as the door swung shut I realized: “Duh! It wasn’t his fault! I’m wearing Pirouette!”

I’ll admit that these very divergent responses weren’t the results I anticipated from LFM, but they’re the most obvious phero hits I’ve had yet. :cat690:

• 1 month later...

I bought a full bottle of this because of the reviews. Based on the notes, it isn't something I would normally choose.

Once again, I was wrong ! My gosh this is beautiful! I tried this one without a lot of optimism. I thought I would put a squiggle on each wrist and would wash it off later.

On first sniff, I thought it smelled pretty darn good. I got the fresh grapefruit/citrus scent for about thirty minutes or so. I kinda forgot about it and went to wash my face and OH MY GOSH DID THE MAGIC HAPPEN!! This scent had turned into a georgeous creamy coconutty sugary vanilla scent. At this point, it is hard to pick out notes because it just smells damn good! This is so well blended and it is amazing. After washing my face I immediately went and gave myself a good slather: wrists, elbows, cleavage, lollipop, and smiley face. I am so surprised by this and it smells amazing. I may have to hoard this one :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post but I am having a strange experience with this one today. It smells like straight up pineapple on me this time. I even went back and checked the notes to be sure, but pineapple is not on the list. Maybe I amping the coconut and grapefruit and it is coming off as pineapple??Weird but I like it.

Edited by brookejones

Actually, I would say that its just Pirouette. I posted about the difference between the first time I wore it and the second and they weren't really far enough about to have aged from one try to the next. (I think there was maybe a day between the two) Its really well blended so maybe its a chemistry thing. Something amps more than others for whatever reason.

Sorry for the double post but I am having a strange experience with this one today. It smells like straight up pineapple on me this time. I even went back and checked the notes to be sure, but pineapple is not on the list. Maybe I amping the coconut and grapefruit and it is coming off as pineapple??Weird but I like it.

I got pineapple too, although the coconut was still dominant. Not a complaint, as i love both scents and I enjoyed smelling like both of them (even if one is not actually a note).

Hehehe brooke, it's nice to know I'm not the only one whose chemistry is making it smell that way! I have a sample only; if FBs were still available I'd buy one. Really like how this wears on me over time.

I tested this outside for the first time yesterday. I went to one of the restaurants where I know people there. I put a modest amount on (three dips into the sample), smeared on my neck and upper chest. I left home kind of stressed out, actually, and didn't know if that would ruin the effects.

I got to the place about 10-15 minutes later and my mood had lifted considerably. I normally would've needed a bit more time to brood over a glass of wine before feeling more relaxed, but I felt good upon entering, and was quietly cheerful within the first few minutes of sitting there.

The bartenders, both of whom know me to varying degrees, were chattier than usual, despite the Friday night crowd that was keeping them busy. The owner seemed peppier than usual when chatting with me, and looked extra interested in what I was saying. He also usually buys me a drink--for the first time, after I had three, he comped the last two. He also gave me a free bite from the kitchen that wasn't on the menu (they were testing out some new stuff). He's given me an occasional bite before, but not two drinks on the house.

So no actual DIHLs or over-the-top behavior, but all in all it's enough that I could say the LFM caused it. (Certainly it wasn't my appearance, which was the usual casual attire and wet from-the-shower hair in a bun--maybe the DHEAS beautified me as I had hoped!)

Edited by Witty Kitty

I am really enjoying the LFM effects! Sadly I'm close to the end of this sample--thankfully I have the UN spray coming! :cat690:

I tested this last night on a bartender that I've tested MRF and Cougar on (I got small hits with those, I think, but could have been wrong). I took my coconutty-pineappley self to his restaurant and all was normal for the first 20 or so minutes. It was fairly busy so his attention was a bit divided.

I was sipping on my drink, looking at something on the wall ahead of me, while he made a cocktail for another customer. Out of my peripheral vision I saw him turn his head toward me while he was mashing the fruit and just look at me for a few seconds. When he wants to check on me but doesn't have a chance to chat, he'll glance over and ask me if all is well. He's never just looked at me. After a few moments I glanced over at him (he wasn't DIHL, just...looking) and only then did he ask if I was doing OK.

Later the crowd dispersed to leave or sit at their tables for dinner, and I was alone at the bar for a few. He poured me another drink on him, which was another first--the only extras he'd previously given me were small gotta-finish-the-bottle pours. We had a good chat, and soon afterward more people sat at the bar, but he maintained a conversation with me here and there around serving the others.

Small hits but they made me feel good :purr:

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 1 month later...

OMG I looooove this...why do I always have to fall in love with the limiteds? :D Do I have a weird body chemistry or something?

Anyway, got this as a sample. Oh the scent. It's heaven. Like some others have said, I get pineapple somehow. I do get just a whiff of coconut as well. Oh, it is beautiful.

Not sure about effects yet but I did get effects with LFM Un.

Edited by WildAutumn

• 1 month later...

This is summer in a bottle and every time I wear this blend I get a ton of complements…I love the staying power of this on me, normally coconut blends fade quickly on me but this one lasts and lasts….I hope this is one that comes back again one day….

I hope so, too. I'm down to the last few drops :arf: Even if it never comes back, i will always credit it for introducing me to the awesomeness that is LFM, which has become one of my favorite pheros :hearts0425:

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 5 months later...

AGH the moment when you try a sample size of a soldout LPMP that you got as a goodie in a trade and fall in love with it... This, my friends... is heartbreak. :hearts04276:

Swiped this on my arm and it's absolutely delicious. I remember seeing it on ETSY a while ago when I first got into LPMP but was weary because of florals. Wet, I get a blast of coconut and florals, mostly ylang I think, with a "brightness" that I think comes from the citrus notes. On drydown, it smells like the most delicious tropical musk of coconut and summer and wears close to the skin. Absolutely perfect fragrance to pair with LFM. Gonna keep my eye on the trading post to see if I can snag a bottle of this eventually.

Edited by Midnight Requiem

I somehow managed to put this on by mistake the other day. People were SO nice to me. It was a teeny dab as I realised as I touched it on my wrist but it sure had some positive effects! One of the garden centre employees (oldrr gentlemen and not at all creepy) actually stopped his car as he was leaving to ask if I had had a good day. (they have a mini steam train that runs around the whole property so I had taken the smaller kids as they love it).

• 11 months later...

I love this scent and wear OCCO Ambrosia under it as I love cops. I wore it over the weekend to drop something off at an acquaintance's house. He wasn't around and his helper answered the door and was very kind to accept the package (gift for her master) even though she hasn't met me. She even volunteered some information about his whereabouts.

So maybe scent LFM works better than UN for me.

• 9 months later...

Thank you LFM, the snob de-gooifier. Had to socialize tonight with 3 people who ordinarily ignore or look down on me for various reasons, and tonight (with only a little elbow grease on my part - which by itself hadn’t been enough in the past, btw) ALL of them were MUCH friendlier and two of them even showed interest in my existence by *asking questions about me*, which in the past they had extremely NOT done. (ETA 1 of those 2 was a straight dude and the other a straight woman. The third is also a straight woman but quite shy and I have never seen her ask ANYONE about themselves so her greatly improved friendliness was itself a huge win.)

It happened to be in the form of PIROUETTE, which is aging so fabulously.  It had a sharpness before that I liked, but the edge has come off that. It’s still big and very sweet now. 
Edited by tyvey

This thread popped up for me because of Tyvey's last review. I'm laying by a pool in Hawaii, my kids are swimming, it's muggy but I'm laying down and going to try really hard to not do anything for a while. I read the notes, this is what I should be wearing! I went with Petals of Silk with LFM for the plane ride, so definitely feeling LFM. But I should be wearing these notes, pineapple, coconut, and ylang ylang, and where's that quiet little servant with the strong hands who's meant to be rubbing my feet?

• 11 months later...

Wow, this is sweet. It's pretty, but I think it's too sweet for me. It smells like candied coconut that's on sale in a "natural" shop that also sells incense and everything's in teakwood bins. I tried it last night and it didn't last too long, and I slathered the SHIT out of it. I just put a bit more on to refresh my memory. 

I'm not heartbroken that I don't have a bottle of this, even though all the notes together sound like something that would be right up my alley. I need a little somethin'-somethin' in my perfumes that, if this has it, is totally overtaken by the coconut.