Do More People Just Naturally Create More/Better Combos of Pheros?

I was actually just thinking about my sister and wondering about this.

Since puberty, my sister has literally turned heads, I mean whiplash-style. Granted she is large-chested, and she is very, very pretty! But we actually look very much alike (in fact, people used to mistake us for twins...and some people would mistake us for each other at a glance - I can't tell you how many times I heard my sister's name called out from across the street and turned to look and someone was waving at me), I have NEVER had that effect.

It's not necessarily in how she "carries herself," either - that may be part of it, but I mean she can literally just walk into a room, no strutting, zero eye contact and literally glaring and heads would always turn.

This was true until the past few years - when she is approaching menopause. All of a sudden, BOOM, out of nowhere, she just can not get a mate, and even if she can get one, she can't keep one. I mean it was a turn on a dime sort of thing. It seriously seemed to happen overnight. Yet she is the SAME person. Same degree of bubbliness, same looks, same intelligence, even the same line of work...same everything.

And some people do just seem to have "it." They walk into a room, they may even slouch into that room, dressed in sweats, hair not done and people's heads whiplash.

As I said, until the past five years or so, people would iterally STOP AND STARE at my sister...women and men both...and children turned into giggly piles of insanity around her and HAD to be near her...without her doing anything, without her even glancing at them. I can't tell you how many times growing up we would be in a store somewhere and a guy would literally stop in his tracks, almost come to a skid to watch her and so many approached her. She did not have to do anything, I mean anything at all to get that attention, her hip was not stuck out, she wasn't looking around and making eye contact, nothing, zip.

Could it be pheros?

Edited by WildAutumn

Yet she is the SAME person. Same degree of bubbliness, same looks, same intelligence, even the same line of work...same everything.

So you're saying that she hasn't aged noticeably at all? It could have to do with copulin production but the way men are socialized, once a woman gets to, say 45-50, she is just not seen by many men, because they're always looking at younger women (what they want or what they can get doesn't have anything to do with it). I know there are women who are exceptions to this rule - and those who are in this community I'm sure will speak up - but, from a social perspective, it's an inevitable thing.

In relation to Luna's post above, does your sister feel different within her self, now that her hormonal balance is shifting? That's probably a bit of a silly younger woman question, because I'm sure feeling different to some degree is inevitable, as chemical balance strongly influences this in us all. I was just thinking, if her general emotional/mental state and/or relationship with how she views herself has changed much maybe that's also being picked up on subconsciously by men.

I read a quote once by Salma Hayek, where she said something to the effect of the biggest secret to being beautiful is that you feel you are. Since then I've noticed I get a ton of compliments from people, and much more attention from them, when I'm in a state where I feel completely content in myself and I am aware of my own beauty/sexiness, etc. I truly believe the energetic state we inhabit projects itself outwards towards others, and they are definitely influenced by it. It's like we're all practicing a form of faery glamour, all of the time, without realising it.

Or maybe I'm just a little insane...

So you're saying that she hasn't aged noticeably at all? It could have to do with copulin production but the way men are socialized, once a woman gets to, say 45-50, she is just not seen by many men, because they're always looking at younger women (what they want or what they can get doesn't have anything to do with it). I know there are women who are exceptions to this rule - and those who are in this community I'm sure will speak up - but, from a social perspective, it's an inevitable thing.

Oh, well maybe that's it. But no, she does NOT look her age...or anywhere near. Of the men who do ask her out, they are shocked at her age (unless they're just trying to butter her up). I and all of our friends always joke that she has the Ring of Power because she just looks so young.

Weirdest of all, when a man does ask her out, it is almost always a much younger man, like late 20s.

Edited by WildAutumn

In relation to Luna's post above, does your sister feel different within her self, now that her hormonal balance is shifting? That's probably a bit of a silly younger woman question, because I'm sure feeling different to some degree is inevitable, as chemical balance strongly influences this in us all. I was just thinking, if her general emotional/mental state and/or relationship with how she views herself has changed much maybe that's also being picked up on subconsciously by men.

I read a quote once by Salma Hayek, where she said something to the effect of the biggest secret to being beautiful is that you feel you are. Since then I've noticed I get a ton of compliments from people, and much more attention from them, when I'm in a state where I feel completely content in myself and I am aware of my own beauty/sexiness, etc. I truly believe the energetic state we inhabit projects itself outwards towards others, and they are definitely influenced by it. It's like we're all practicing a form of faery glamour, all of the time, without realising it.

Vlad, I totally agree -when I feel better @ myself, I know I am almost radiating that and ppl respond well to that. I think that's another reason why LPs work for me, ,helping me get to that 'better' place instantly in some cases.

So glad to hear you are getting compliments and feel good @ yourself - as you should!! I find when I'm around too many people who start to talk about age or whatever they don't like about themselves (if they have acne or cellulite or one zit or 'bad hair day'), it brings down that self and others bc it's neg energy that can attach and grow. And I think if anyone focuses on neg aspects then it de-radiates us (is that a word? prob not) Energy is a living thing, and I am constantly trying to remind myself to 'feed' the positive energy waves. :D

And I am soooo glad you mentioned "faery glamoury" as I know there have been times when I can bring that energy up, but for a long time now I've forgotten how to do it. I'm re-learning that 'skill' that I think we all have. Also I've always been fascinated w/ fairies - I mean, flying with wands and using pixie dust to make everything and everyone beautiful, that would be AWESOME.

Great insight, and I think spot on. Actually uplifted me, so muchas gracias Vlad!!

WildAutumn,

I have wondered this myself. In the days when voters actually MET the people they ended up voting for...how did they respond to the person's pheromone levels ? Did Abraham Lincoln have a high level of rones ? And more disturbing, is part of the reason why women historically did not occupy positions of power linked to our own body's chemistry...that people want rones/nones in their leaders and few women have that ?

I suppose that is getting off topic. I used to guess that the largest chunk has to do with her personality. And I used to say with her energy/aura. But I've come to experience a shockingly huge range of behavior from people in the last few months, with my personality and my ki/chi/energy not having changed at all, by me 'simply' wearing a LPMP blend, especially with added pheros. I'm starting to wonder just how much we, as mammals, base our first impressions on scent molecules. And what you are describing are those first few seconds of being with someone. Which is a whole lot less about 'who the person is deep down inside' and more about their appearance, their body language, tone of voice,..and apparently scent.

Edited by androstenol

Good thoughts, everyone, thanks.

p.s. LOLZing a little at the thought of Abe Lincoln's pheromones. "Oh, that man is so full of s---ooh. Oh, wait. Lean closer, Abe...Okay, you know what? I don't really NEED my slaves."

Edited by WildAutumn

Guest cutie.pie

I agree! It's like totally diferent energy when we start believing we are beautiful! (And I do believe every woman is beautiful. "There aren't ugly women, just lazy ones.") And that also shows in our body language!

The pheromone signature could be a big part of it. DHEAS is definitely associated with youthful bonding, i.e. the observation that it's "easier to make friends when you're younger."

And more disturbing, is part of the reason why women historically did not occupy positions of power linked to our own body's chemistry...that people want rones/nones in their leaders and few women have that ?

I guess that's a possibility but I think it also has to do with centuries of indoctrinated and institutionalized sexism.

I would like to share my personal experience, in hopes this may shed some light.

I used to turn heads when I was younger, and try to do so, because I was insecure.

Then, after 10 years of hormonal birth control and more than a year of dealing with severe depression, I became invisible to the men around me, at 28.

My copulin production was almost nonexistent. I looked like I had aged 10 years, and no amount of make-up, fancy clothes or premeditated behavior (smiling, walking with my head up high) could hide how I really felt about myself. I looked in the mirror and all I saw was a zombie.

My self esteem was down. My libido was non-existent. My sex life went downhill... There was nothing I could do to spark it up. Any lingerie I would put on felt like a chore/or fake, because I would not give off the congruent "vibes" - or pheros.

Now that my depression is gone, I have been off hormonal BC for a year, my self esteem is back and I am generally happy - people can tell that and I have started turning heads again. I feel like I look better than I ever did, even though I am almost 30. And this is without using pheros/cops.

I know I am a successful, beautiful woman, and I make sure I walk with my head high, and sometimes with a swing in my hips. I still have some work to do in the office, but even there I've started to notice a difference (even when I don't wear Swimming with Sharks!!! As it was discussed in another thread, it is part of my personal development path). Men look at me differently. And no, I do not dress scantily clad and I am small breasted :) That is me in the avi, btw. I created the image for one of my printing plates.

Edited by phergineer

phergineer,

So awesome that you feel better. However, you seem to be making my point for me. You are off BC and you are happy and your libido is probably back. That means higher personal pheromone production as well. It seems to be a feedback loop to some extent. As we are happier/healthier/sexier, we make more pheromones, and the increased pheromones make us happier/healthier/sexier. For a woman in my 40ties, there is only so much pheros my body can still produce, no matter how healthy I keep myself. So when I add pheros artificially, it levels the playing field for me.

phergineer,

So awesome that you feel better. However, you seem to be making my point for me. You are off BC and you are happy and your libido is probably back. That means higher personal pheromone production as well. It seems to be a feedback loop to some extent. As we are happier/healthier/sexier, we make more pheromones, and the increased pheromones make us happier/healthier/sexier. For a woman in my 40ties, there is only so much pheros my body can still produce, no matter how healthy I keep myself. So when I add pheros artificially, it levels the playing field for me.

Thank you :)

Oh yes, I was relating my personal experience to make the point that you and others seem to be making.

Yes, my libido is back like when I was 18, maybe higher...

I totally understand what it means to not produce enough pheromones/copulins on your own, and I am so glad I found LPMP to combat that drop in production later on in life (and of course to keep having fun with the blends until then too)

I will weigh in on this one. I do agree with Luna regarding males being hardwired to be drawn to younger, i.e. "fertile" young women by nature. QG is clearly an exception, but I essentially look upon patriarchy and bullshit as being synonymous. As women, hopefully, we learn how to navigate the waters and gain an upper hand in this game.

Until I turned 17/18 yrs. old, I did not see myself as pretty and felt quite awkward. More than that, I tended to fit in more as friends with boys than I did girls, and had came to know how males thought, even if I didn't often agree with how they thought. It was always easy for me to be one of the boys. The majority of my close friends were male. These days, more like 50/50. And as I have aged, I value those female bonds so much more.

When I did blossom at about age 17/18, I clearly saw boys and men really notice me, be *attracted* to me, but most were reluctant to approach me first, so if I wanted a dating life, it often fell on me to make the first move and talk to them first. It seemed silly that they might be intimidated by me, if that was what this was. ( I am very friendly and easy going in social situations and will chat almost anyone up with ease). It was always so refreshing when the rare male would make the first move and approach me!

When I turned 50, my perspective on things shifted as did my priorities. Not that sex or being attractive were things that didn't matter, but they definitely were no longer the priority that they once were in my life. Instead, my attention turned more toward MYSELF, my wants, my opinions, my needs, only as I see and feel them in THIS stage of my life. It was actually a beautifully liberating experience. I didn't feel this shift overnight, it came gradually.

I really believe that this has something to do with embracing the wisdom of The Crone ( Wise Woman). By 50, you are at a time in life when you have been the Maiden, the Mother, whether literally or metaphorically, and have learned and accepted that as much as you may have gleaned in life, the process of learning never ends.

It is not surprising that many young men are drawn to "cougars" or even older women. They know that these women have at least a few things they can teach them. Even though attracting men is not the priority it once was to me, it is still refreshing and flattering in its way. I still easily attract men both younger and older, and it's ironic that they are finally more receptive to approaching me first! LOL!

I guess what I am trying to say, is that perhaps it is no longer a priority to your sister to be that man or people "magnet," so the signals she is sending out are stating that and people are on some level picking up on that? I just don't know. WildAutumn, do you know if your sister is still seeking that sort of attention, or has she become more focused on the within and become more introspective? Just conjecture on my part. I only have my own experiences to go by. Beyond the obvious physiological changes, whatever is going on, I hope she is happy. If she is depressed due to difficulties with the aging process, maybe she could benefit from some counseling or other forms of help?

Thank you :)

Oh yes, I was relating my personal experience to make the point that you and others seem to be making.

Yes, my libido is back like when I was 18, maybe higher...

I totally understand what it means to not produce enough pheromones/copulins on your own, and I am so glad I found LPMP to combat that drop in production later on in life (and of course to keep having fun with the blends until then too)

My libido is back with pheromones too.

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone.

My brother-in-law died eight years ago...and sometimes I wonder whether my sister is terrified of that happening and is unconsciously keeping men at arm's length. Though outwardly, wanting a "for keeps" man is all she talks about. Well, not ALL, but a large part and it is a part of every conversation with her. But perhaps what she really wants, and what she thinks she's supposed to want, are at cross-purposes. It's a thought, thanks for the input because all of what people are saying here does make sense.

Nothing to add really, but phergineer, i love that image! You'll have to show us your work sometime! There's an area in the off topic section where people can display their wares!

Thank you! I've been thinking to ask if people would be interested in my work in the off-topic forum. I do more practical stuff too: fused glass and borosilicate, but like most artists, I never like my work enough to even attempt to sell it.

My libido is back with pheromones too.

That's awesome WildAutumn, what worked for you? Luckily my libido came back naturally, just from stopping hormonal birth control and putting a stop to my severe depression. My brain chemistry is back in balance without pheros :) I'm sure they'd come in handy on some blue days.

As for your sister, she may suffer from abandonment issues... I was one of those. I hung on to men like velcro, and yet I could not keep a long term partner for longer than a year or two. Not to mention that the ones I did attract were all abusive. I was doing that all to myself. They sensed the fear in me, and the ones I attracted were all commitment-phobes that managed to keep lowering my self esteem. I was the one pushing them away, slowly but surely.

It was only when I learned to love myself and be ok on my own that Mr Right came along. Now don't get me wrong, we do have our ups and downs, but it's no where near like it used to be. To give you an example - I was away, on my own, in Germany this summer for almost 3 months on a work assignment. We did not see each other for 3 months. He is a performance coach, having trained pro athletes, so he is in excellent shape and handsome himself. In my previous relationships I would have crumbled with doubt, suspicion, fear and unfounded jealousy by the end of the 3 months... not this time. There were days when we didn't even talk!

So, I would help your sister to work on herself :) A word of caution though: I don't think this change can come from the outside. No one can make her see what needs to happen. No matter what my friends and family tried to make me see, I was blind. It wasn't until I entered a really abusive relationship that I realized it was time to make a change.

Good luck!

Edited by phergineer

That's awesome WildAutumn, what worked for you? Luckily my libido came back naturally, just from stopping hormonal birth control and putting a stop to my severe depression. My brain chemistry is back in balance without pheros :) I'm sure they'd come in handy on some blue days.

What has given me that bam, there it is libido is Cougar Potion. I didn't expect that - I wanted to feel more attractive to others. But I'm just feeling sexy overall. It's pretty raw at times - like someone stated here earlier, it's like when I was 18.

What has given me that bam, there it is libido is Cougar Potion. I didn't expect that - I wanted to feel more attractive to others. But I'm just feeling sexy overall. It's pretty raw at times - like someone stated here earlier, it's like when I was 18.

Haha, that was me who said my libido is back to when I was 18! but without pheros.

I have yet to try Cougar Potion, I hear it has sexual self-effects... That would be awesome!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone.

My brother-in-law died eight years ago...and sometimes I wonder whether my sister is terrified of that happening and is unconsciously keeping men at arm's length. Though outwardly, wanting a "for keeps" man is all she talks about. Well, not ALL, but a large part and it is a part of every conversation with her. But perhaps what she really wants, and what she thinks she's supposed to want, are at cross-purposes. It's a thought, thanks for the input because all of what people are saying here does make sense.

I've been through phases in life where sometimes I was determined to find someone and at other times had a bit of a non-caring "if he wants me he'll have to convince me he's worth my time" mindset. I can tell you a dear male friend told me that during the time of my pre-occupation with finding someone, it came across as a desperate vibe and it was a turn-off. It was hard to hear and I didn't believe him at the time, but in retrospect I understand what he meant.

From what you've said, I'm wonder if she's giving off a vibe that men interpret as desperate?

WildAutmn, would your sister be open to the concept of using pheros? I mean even for a mood lift. Let's face it, everyone finds a cheery person more attractive than a depressed or desperate one. I prefer to focus on pheros that enhance MY mood. I figure I'll be happier and if I am more attractive because of that, then it's a double WIN! ;)

I know a friend of mine gave off a sense of desperate. She is a beautiful person who is also funny and smart. She had a great job and owned her own house. In her career she was(is) extremely successful. There was nothing about her that screamed crazy or financially desperate but she talked about finding someone nearly all the time. She worried about it when she wasn't on a date. She discussed dates and potential dates with near obsession. I often thought that if I were a man that she would scare me off. You can't go out and simply see where it goes with such a person. She was expecting too much from each encounter.

At some point she finally stopped looking for whatever reason. She was focused on herself for a bit and things going on in her life. Bam, met someone at a convention not long afterward. They've been together ever since. I know that she was happy, comfortable with herself and with friends when she met her future husband and I think that made a huge difference.

That said I think that you might have something there with the idea that people produce different levels of pheromones and that people react to them differently. I know I reacted differently to the smell of different men in my life. The scent of my first husband always made me feel safe. He had a more cuddly vibe. He didn't look cuddly (Tall, thin and grumpy looking) but he smelled that way to me. An ex-boyfriend later was sexy but not comforting (His scent. He was plenty good at being comforting.) I had a hard time sleeping next to him. (He was also a furnace and he snored so that didn't help.) He always smelled very "alpha" to me if that makes sense. (And funny enough, he was not much taller than me and not very big. He did carry himself with plenty of confidence though. His demeanor said "don't mess with me, I can handle myself.") A later boyfriend was somewhere in between both and he smelled simply perfect to me. Both sexy and comforting. I could have wrapped myself up in his scent 24/7.

Another interesting example of scent and how it affects the brain. I had a friend who has, to me, a very unique personal scent that is easily identified. I know him as a friend so I trust that scent. Once I was working as a receiving manager at a nature company. The store manager had hired a new guy. Something about him when I met him just seemed off to me. I didn't really trust him very much. (My guess would be his body language and later, while we worked, some of the things he said.) But he smelled a whole lot like my friend. So when my back was turned and I was working for a while without seeing him then I would be comfortable in his presence, then I would turn around and almost be startled to not see my friend there. Oh, right, its this guy. As it turns out, while we were all at lunch he said he had to go put his last paycheck from a previous employer into the bank. The assistant manager happened to show up to work and was walking up to the building while he was trying to unload merchandise from the work truck into his car. Creepy vibes were totally trustworthy. It was just weird that he smelled SO much like someone I knew and recognized by scent.