New Releases for DECEMBER 2014 - Happy Holidays!

Potion Master

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voracious - I am not afraid of the foodie scents. This one is magnetic to ladies. I have not gotten any comments on it, but did not need to. It was obvious.

The Hunter and the Woodland Nymph - I am wearing this right now. It's funny, just like I wrote about Salute above. I didn't remember why I liked it, but wrote it down. Now that I am wearing it again I know I really like it. More of a classic cologne, maybe?

Love Potion: Homme - I wasn't really looking that forward to this one either. I tried the Love Potion #9 a couple times and I am not crazy about it. I suspected it would be similar. It is not even close. This is much different and in my opinion I love the scent enough to wear often.

I find my guy irresistible in Voracious, magnetic is a good word description. Hunter & Homme are 2 other favs. I could only dream that my guy would have been more open minded to wear the samples he's been afforded. *sighs* You're going to be a walking target for moon eyes... and heavy breathing :lol:

I don't know what Moon Eyes are, but if they stare at your pelvis and then lick their Moon Lips, then okay!

That's the pitcher of Margaritas talking.

I don't know what it is, but I still have not had one woman say a dang thing about any scents I have worn yet. I am not wearing them to be complimented, I am wearing them because I like them. BUT it seems so many people get compliments about what they wear.

Voracious is obvious, they don't have to tell me, but they HAVEN'T.

I always ask a woman what she is wearing when she smells good, and tell her she smells delicious.

I don't know what Moon Eyes are, but if they stare at your pelvis and then lick their Moon Lips, then okay!

That's the pitcher of Margaritas talking.

I don't know what it is, but I still have not had one woman say a dang thing about any scents I have worn yet. I am not wearing them to be complimented, I am wearing them because I like them. BUT it seems so many people get compliments about what they wear.

I always ask a woman what she is wearing when she smells good, and tell her she smells delicious.

Hi HappyGoskillfully. Just contemplating why it is that women don't seem to be commenting on the scents you are wearing. All I can come up with is this: Are you wearing them in roll on oil form or spray form? The reason I ask is that some people just don't pick up on scents that don't have REALLY strong throw to them. Oils tend to have much less throw than sprays. If you are going to try a full bottle, maybe you could give the spray form a try? I totally get what you are saying about wearing scents for yourself and I am the same way, but it *is* nice to have others comment on what out are wearing. In a positive way of course! LOL Anyway, I read your post and just thought I'd mention the whole oil verses spray thing. Enjoy your awesome scents!

Everything I have is a sample vial so far. So those are oils. The only one in spray is Voracious, oh and the three Essential Waters scents I have.

I am considering both options (oil & spray) for Full Bottle and I am glad you made the suggestion. I was going to post about that very thought. What do most people use? Oil or spray? And why?

Sprays are a good percentage more cost-wise. Is it because there is that much more product? Will it last longer? Just curious to know preferences of oil vs spray from the Full Bottle users.

Sprays are a good percentage more cost-wise. Is it because there is that much more product?

It's really because the cost is more - it's simply a more expensive format.

The oils are 1/3 oz and the sprays are 1 oz, but it's equivalent product. Most people will in fact use the larger bottle faster.

I'm sorry HappyGoSkillfully and Mara. I should have elaborated. HGS, The reason that Mara is saving that people will go through the sprays faster, and that is the truth, is because due to the considerable alcohol content in sprays, the scent evaporates much faster. This leads to needing to re apply more often. Oils have less throw, but are more concentrated and tend to linger. If there is one scent you are set on, and want to go for the gusto so to speak :) then layering with both usually yields the best results, so I would buy the one scent in both forms. I hope I have helped and not complicated things. BTW, if you go for spray, you can buy little totally totable mini spray bottles to take with you and freshen up your scent when out and about. Much better than risking breaking a FB glass vial of oil!

It's just a well known fact in the cosmetic field that people tend to apply sprays more liberally than they do something that has to be dabbed, regardless of the length of its wear. It's not always a shorter lifespan with sprays, especially if they are resin heavy. If sprayed onto clothing they will last on and on until washed, just like the oils. It's a matter of application preference, and yes, how far they throw in oil vs alcohol. (No need to apologize for anything, Rose!)

Personally, I find that lighter scents do better on my skin in sprays. Lighter more fragile notes will burn off quickly with my chemistry, so if I put them in spray and spritz my hair and clothes, those top notes will last longer. The darker heavier scents I prefer in oils.

I suspect most women would consider that question way too forward to ask a guy. If they were interested, it would make them seem too "eager" I guess and if they weren't interested but merely liked the scent and were curious (perhaps to purchase for their husband), they would not want to appear interested if only to possibly avoid having to deflect your attention after asking.

I also suspect that the ones who are interested consider the "moon eyes" or "moon lips" they are giving you plenty of invitation to openly start the engagement.

Of course the age old dilemma is figuring out of all the women who keep looking your way, which ones are interested in you or which ones are laughing because you spilled salsa on the front of your shirt.

Hint: In the salsa situation, you have nothing to lose so ... "You're right, I did spill some salsa on my shirt. Could you come home with me and maybe we can figure out together how to wash it out ....?" :lol:

QG, that is BRILLIANT! ;) wow, a woman could use the same line!

Thank you, thank you very much (he says in his best Elvis inpersonation)

I am considering both options (oil & spray) for Full Bottle and I am glad you made the suggestion. I was going to post about that very thought. What do most people use? Oil or spray? And why?

:lol: By moon eyes I mean something like that, yes...Staring after you, wide eyed, and a little glazed over, unable to hide their smoldering thoughts...

So far my guy prefers sprays, but that is only, so he has told me, because that is what he is accustomed to wearing. He also tends to spray both his chest and his shirt. The scent DOES last quite a while on his shirt, until it is laundered.

Hint: In the salsa situation, you have nothing to lose so ... "You're right, I did spill some salsa on my shirt. Could you come home with me and maybe we can figure out together how to wash it out ....?" :lol:

:rofl222:

For me, I find scent very sensual when I quite like it. I find that, because of my own reaction to it, I must at least be careful how I compliment a man when he smells divine...so as not to lead him on unintentionally. Um. I have not figured out how to do that though apparently..tehehe...

It's just a well known fact in the cosmetic field that people tend to apply sprays more liberally than they do something that has to be dabbed, regardless of the length of its wear. It's not always a shorter lifespan with sprays, especially if they are resin heavy. If sprayed onto clothing they will last on and on until washed, just like the oils. It's a matter of application preference, and yes, how far they throw in oil vs alcohol. (No need to apologize for anything, Rose!)

Personally, I find that lighter scents do better on my skin in sprays. Lighter more fragile notes will burn off quickly with my chemistry, so if I put them in spray and spritz my hair and clothes, those top notes will last longer. The darker heavier scents I prefer in oils.

That's true with the lighter scents. I have Marsha Mellow in spray (Black Cats idea!) and to my SURPRISE it lasts longer, scent wise. Ditto for Candytuft Tea and Levitation.

Okay so...

I have tried 48 of the 51 samples and another has hit the list. I like all of these in their own way, however there are 15 that I love enough. It appears one of them is sold out, so I may try and see if there are any samples of it left. The ones that I love enough for Full Bottle are (in no particular ranking:

Steamy Daydreams - This one is delicious and I am surprised it is not more revered on here. Full bottle at some point.

Thrill of the Chase - I just really like the smell of this. It also has the Hunter Trapper phero in it. I have no reports on any of the pheros yet. Just the smells.

Valhalla - FB's Sold Out. Need to check on any remaining samples.

Dirty Old Man - This one makes ME horny. I don't know about the ladies, but makes me crave oral sex! Dive in.

Salute - I don't even remember why, but it is on my list. I write them down while I am wearing them. I will remember next time I am wearing it. Also has a phero in it, but...I don't remember!

Tonka Musk - I don't like the picture of the dude on it (LOL), it should be my picture on it, BUT I think the smell is captivating. I wore it at a softball game and one of my friends said, "You powdered up, nice!" It does have a powdery effect for a while, but overall this one just smells great on me I think.

Lucero - Great scent. I get a lot of the coconut with the wheat and poppy poking in here and there too.

North Pole - I love Ginger (see, I even capitalized it) and this smells fantastic! I was told I would have comments from the ladies while wearing this. Nothing yet, but I love it and that matters more to me.

Sand Box - This smells really good and beachy. I wore this last night and just kept smelling my wrist.

Voracious - I am not afraid of the foodie scents. This one is magnetic to ladies. I have not gotten any comments on it, but did not need to. It was obvious.

TMI - Another sweet scent. Also boosted with TMI pheros.

The Hunter and the Woodland Nymph - I am wearing this right now. It's funny, just like I wrote about Salute above. I didn't remember why I liked it, but wrote it down. Now that I am wearing it again I know I really like it. More of a classic cologne, maybe?

Goal! - Another scent that comes off a little sweet to me, in a good way. My expectations for this one were low being a sporty themed scent. But Oh was I wrong. It also has pheros involved. I think MVP.

Love Potion: Homme - I wasn't really looking that forward to this one either. I tried the Love Potion #9 a couple times and I am not crazy about it. I suspected it would be similar. It is not even close. This is much different and in my opinion I love the scent enough to wear often.

Pashazade - I just ried this the other day for the first time. I immediately loved it. Such a different smell and welcoming too. I think it's got pheros as well. Again, I don't pick them for the pheros. Smell and how I feel wearing them.

There are three that I still have not tried yet. Based on the percentages of 15 out of 48 above, I will most likely add one of them to the list. One of them is Super and I understand that this is UN with SS4M. I already know that I am not crazy about UN. I don't dislike it, but there are so many I have listed that I like a LOT better. Here are the three I haven't tried yet:

Eternal Sunshine

Super for Men

Fronds with Benefits for Men

I have the 10 samplers for November ordered along with two freebies - Moon of the Falling Leaves and Soul Food.

A couple of these new ones on the way are certainly sparking my interest.

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rulez!

Geez! You have been busy!!! I don't know which type of scents you go for, but I think Captain Fantastic is great for men and my dad likes Defrosted a lot (he likes to smell clean, kind of soapy clean)...I got Top Dog for my bf..it's a really nice potion...I'm glad that you have already found some loves! :)

I am the most curious about Eve of Darkness. the ingredients list reminds me of when I was a child and would put cloves in oranges this time of year. Apparently that's called a "Pomander Ball", who knew ? It was a strong, even astringent smell. And still makes me very melancholy when I smell it. Can't wait to see what Mara did with it :purr:

My parcel should arrive tomorrow!! yay!! I am most excited about Lost Luggage, Elfin Plum, Pink Elf and Winters Grace...can't wait to try them!! :D

I am the most curious about Eve of Darkness. the ingredients list reminds me of when I was a child and would put cloves in oranges this time of year. Apparently that's called a "Pomander Ball", who knew ? It was a strong, even astringent smell. And still makes me very melancholy when I smell it. Can't wait to see what Mara did with it :purr:

Yes, I'm having the same association! So eager to sniff that one!

My parcel should arrive tomorrow!! yay!! I am most excited about Lost Luggage, Elfin Plum, Pink Elf and Winters Grace...can't wait to try them!! :D

Yay, TheBirkeys, will be on the lookout for your report!

I suspect most women would consider that question way too forward to ask a guy. If they were interested, it would make them seem too "eager" I guess and if they weren't interested but merely liked the scent and were curious (perhaps to purchase for their husband), they would not want to appear interested if only to possibly avoid having to deflect your attention after asking.

I also suspect that the ones who are interested consider the "moon eyes" or "moon lips" they are giving you plenty of invitation to openly start the engagement.

Of course the age old dilemma is figuring out of all the women who keep looking your way, which ones are interested in you or which ones are laughing because you spilled salsa on the front of your shirt.

QG, I love this statement and I'm loving on your avi….

Too Cute! Mine's in the mail on it's way - can't wait - Squeeeeee :w00t:

Hey Y'all,

(I have to say that now that I have arrived in TX for the Winter). Thanks a ton for the responses concerning oil or spray. I guess I will just have to try both, right? Then I will be able to see which I like best.

I am wearing Unisexy 2014 right now and I can say that I would love this on a girl/woman/broad/chick/honey/etc. My olfactory tends to pick up sweet notes first. Very Vanilla-ey with some amber in the background. Is there even amber in this one?

I'm not sure this is very manly, but I like the smell so to anyone who may think I'm a little soft, I guess - 'F' off! Hahah

I wore Elementary Chapter 5 last night and I am going to have to try that one again. It seemed a little harsh to me last night (around the house). So far that one is a no go. I am just getting into trying these Nov trials. Good times.

Edited by HappyGoSkillfully

OMG LOOK AT THE PRETTY AND ADORABLE STOCKING THE HOLIDAY SAMPLER COMES IN!

stocking_zpse3dc93a8.jpg

I am going to use mine for little gifts for Mrs. QG.

Oh, gorgeousness! I really hope it comes today!!!

Argh!!!! Holiday postal slow down is killing me.... package made it to state distribution center early yesterday morning, so I thought I'd have it by the afternoon, but it still isn't scanned for being sent out for delivery. Come on, USPS!!!! Snowman's Poop at stake here!

ETA: They're here!!!!!!!

Edited by Blackcat

I am going to use mine for little gifts for Mrs. QG.

Something similar to your avi?

Emphasis on little ... :D