Eve of Darkness

Beccah

LOl just did, cause you drew my attention to it. :Emoticons04235: Then let hubby smell my last FB and he totally understood - yay for supportive spouses !!

Edited by androstenol

Haha - I saw there were two left and thought about getting one more but I already had two ... share the wealth I say!

• 2 months later...

At first sniff, I thought uh oh, Christmas Pomanders are nice, but do I really wanna smell like one? The clove was really throwing its weight around, and the neroli was reading as straight orange at first. In no way was it a bad smell, just really christmasy.

But of course as we've learned, sometimes you have to wait awhile. After the first half hour, I really adore this. In fact its one of the scents that made me realize that black musk is an OUTSTANDING note on my skin.

The pomander thing really tones down,and the floral aspect of the neroli comes out. My dear sandalwood and black musk switch places with the others and take the lead. Clove becomes a soft accent, and the blend is alive and dark. Criminally sensual. Gorgeous.

This does last a good amount of time, but throws less than expected. Still not soft enough to be a complaint, very nice!

• 4 months later...

Applying this ritualistically now in the dark, letting the scent and energy surround me, reflecting on the meaning of light and dark in all of us, in the world around us. Thinking of all my LPMP brothers and sisters and the people who made it possible for me to experience this scent. Winter is hard for me, but this is a much needed, very private and personal and quiet marking of the time for me. So very lovely, mysterious, warm. Perhaps even deeper than I remember with aging.

• 1 year later...

This scent reminds me of when I was young and had the free time to read lots of Tarot card and occult books and hang out in metaphysical book stores. They were my big research/study years. Now if I go into a metaphysical store I get what I need, drive home, prep whatever I'm concocting, and then burn/bury/whatever and move on. There is no research or lingering, I'm all business now.

Eve of Darkness smells like the luxury of lingering in the mysteries of metaphysical and occult research. It's a lovely place to visit, but like I said, I'm all business in that regard now. I could never date a man who smelled like this all the time, he most likely takes himself way too seriously and considers himself a "Wizard." I can also assume he has a large collection of black cloaks to wear non-ironically and also braids things into his beard.

i might dump it into a wax and put it on the wax burner though. We are dealing with a Full moon/SuperMoon in Gemini AND Mercury has just turned retrograde. I could perhaps manage a few card readings between obtaining groceries and washing laundry. Maybe I'll commit to ONLY washing black clothes.

Edited by Eastwood22

• 4 years later...

And 6 years later, I am still applying this ritualistically as Winter solstice can be so strongly felt in my life and those I love. We as a planet have lost many of our brothers and sisters to COVID-19 this year, and my job is in healthcare so I have daily reminders of this loss. I have managed to keep the seasonal affective disorder this year, if not at bay, at least reigned in with DNA/RN supplements and the judicious use of ginseng and of course LPMP.

My one opened bottle (and yes I scored two because I want to grow old with this scent) has become even more resinous and mysterious. Since we had the super successful Fall 2021 release, I had an immediate association of this one with Mourning Glory, without the coffee aspect but it has that same sensation of being surrounded by healing, meditative incense. This is something I look forward to all year to apply to myself and share with those I am lucky enough to interact with during these ongoing pandemic times. Blessed be. 

• 3 weeks later...