Gloria

Beccah

AD-Gloria_1.jpg

Gloria

A glorious mixture of nine different coffee oils, layered with a trio of caramel accords, vanilla absolute and cocoa absolute, with generous swirls of cream, a potent melange of liqueurs - including bourbon and hot buttered rum - and topped with a fluffy cloud of whipped cream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.
CARAMELIZED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
VANILLA ABSOLUTE ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
COCOA ABSOLUTE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
FERMENTED ALCOHOLS ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.

So excited for this one, and Mara told me how much she loved it. On my first sniff from the vial I was all ZOMG! with the coffee-boozy-buttery goodness. Much yum. But lately, I dunno, it seems almost every coffee-based scent I try is off somehow. It's like I can smell the potential deliciousness but it's just not happening on my skin. With this one it sort of goes burnt and sour and I am *sadface.* It if smelled on me the way it does in the vial, I would have eaten my own arm already.

I had a similar experience, Luna! In the vial this made my eyes roll back in my head -- gorgeous rich coffee made richer and darker with the butter and cocoa notes. In drydown though, it started to go a little wonky on me. It's reminding me a bit of what happened to me with Nola -- some papery bitterness takes over. I am going to tuck the vial away and see if it likes me better in a couple of weeks... just glanced at the calendar and thought, oh, right, hormones! But this is gorgeous on its own, and if I can find a way to have it smell on my skin as it does in the vial, I will be getting a bottle. In the meantime, I might try it my clothes or pillow case.

I love all coffee scents, but I too get the burnt/bitter on dry down. I did notice that after a couple of hours the bitter starts to fade and it actually seems to become creamer. However, I am not giving up on this one.

Now......the wax melt: I received wax melt order Monday. Today I indulged with Gloria/Irish Coffee melt..... YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE HOW FABULOUS THIS IS.....and with levitation.... this is total winner.

I should mention that this scent idea was borrowed from an artisan ice cream parlour up here in Portland. (It's like the LP of Ice Cream shops!) Katz and her Mister were up here visiting and they got a taster spoon of their Bourbon Coffee flavor and it was the best thing I ever had in my life. I ordered a whole scoop and had to take a pill afterwards because my body cannot handle that much caffeine, but it was totally worth it! (And I would do it again!!!) I never would have tried it on my own, so this deliciousness is thanks to the Katzes. :) I wore it for a solid week after I made it. LOVE!

I poured on a lot of this this am as I knew I'd like it. I do, though at the very beginning the booze note was a tiny bit strange - it was sort of not melding with everything else - but within a short time it was just just a chewy coffee candy or taffy. In mid and late dry down though, ZOMG - like an amped up version of gothic latte - much stronger, more throw. It went strong for over ten hours.

I wore it for a solid week after I made it. LOVE!

I wish it smelled on me the way it smells on you, the way you described it is amazing! Hopefully with aging it might play nice with my chemistry.

THANK GOODNESS! My skin has always seemed to play nicely with boozy notes :D

Creamy coffee right out of the vial. On, coffee caramel-y mocha cream with a bite of something...the fermented alcohols I'm wagering.

I'm only an hour in, but if this lasts like it does on tyvey that will seal the deal - but I think already that this will have to be a FB.

I like that it isn't "just another coffee scent". There's so much going on that you can completely differentiate it from other yummies like Titillating Temptress, Black Cat Mojo & LP Latte :heart: YAY! Another coffee fragrance for me ^_^

Wow Mara, I second Luna' s sentiments. Here in New England, coffee ice cream is very, very popular. Coffee scents are something I love on people they work for, but alas, my skin mutilates them in an olfactory sort of slaughter. So sad... :(

Oh you're making me miss coffee milk!

Mmmmm the liquor note hits me strongly when it's wet. As it wears on my skin, I'm immediately reminded of the first coffee wax melt I ever tried last week (which may even be Gloria). Love it. almost lickable !!

Oh this smells good. I want to eat it or drink it (don't worry, I won't though). It's dark, boozy coffee with gobs of caramel. If it were ice cream, it would have chunks of mocha chips folded into it.

I probably wouldn't wear this much, it would make me crave coffee flavored ANYTHING all day, but I'll enjoy my sample.

Mmmmm! Wearing this today and IT IS SO YUMMY! It's interesting because the coffee note is obviously noticeable, but seriously, the other notes gather around so beautifully that this is just DELICIOUS. It's the perfect scent for cold mornings or warm night caps - holy moly - just fantastic!

• 3 weeks later...

Love this in the vial but like some others it doesnt play well on my skin :( I think it's the boozy notes, they hate me. I adore creamy caramel and coffee so I really wanted this to work. I did use the rest of my vial to scent my bath water after I knew it wouldnt work on my skin as perfume and that was lovely!

This one is a DOUBLE win! Not only do I adore it, it has the man beasts' seal of approval as well! He actually followed me through the house to find out if it was me and then told me how much he liked this one.

I'm beginning to see a slight pattern. He likes Titillating Temptress, LP Latte and now Gloria - OH! And A Wake made it as well, but I only have the trial vial of that one, but still - though he's not a coffee drinker, there's a definite pattern of fragrance that he's undeniably drawn to....

This is SO delicious. Buttery vanilla caramel coffee with that touch of zing/bite from the alcohol notes - fantastic! :heart:

Love this in the vial but like some others it doesnt play well on my skin :( I think it's the boozy notes, they hate me. I adore creamy caramel and coffee so I really wanted this to work. I did use the rest of my vial to scent my bath water after I knew it wouldnt work on my skin as perfume and that was lovely!

I love doing that!!

• 2 weeks later...

Right now I can't have too much caffeine, so having this on was half pleasure, half torture. Sometimes coffee notes burn off on me but this one has staying power, with that very subtle coffee bean smokiness underneath. At first the booze is really prominent but it settles into the vanilla, caramel and cream notes deliciously. I kept thinking that if this was a real drink it would probably be a thousand calories. In other words, it has my seal of approval.

Was wearing this tonight and my husband asks, "What smells like chocolate?" He likes it, but chocolate? That's all he got? How did he NOT get he coffee note?

He was going off the "scent trail" I left through the house though so??? The coffee note is the first delicious note I notice when I put it on YUM! Still, it's man approved so - yay! ^_^

• 2 months later...

This one morphed all day on me yesterday! It started out as a sweet coffee scent, like a latte or a mocha, and it stayed like that for quite awhile. In that phase, I did get a lot of chocolate, but not in the bitter way that most "chocolate" scents tend to go on me. Then it kind of smelled like something sweet had burnt in the evening. I was getting a little concerned and wondering if I burnt something at dinner without realizing it, but then I realized it had to be me.

Once I was past that point, though, it turned into this rich, complex, exotic scent that I could really get used to. If only it smelled like that all along! Or at least skipped the "burnt cookies" phase. So, in summary...this is pretty nifty. Not sure it's a "me" scent, but it was fun to try.

Now if someone could help me get the 80s song "Gloria" out of my head, which has been stuck there all of yesterday and today, I would love you forever!

• 2 years later...

OMG. Meant to smell like coffee for my morning class, I smell like booze! Hooray! The yoga teacher is drunk at 8am! With my personality, it's plausible. This will be fun. I'm just gonna go with the boozey-vibe.

Not surprisingly, I heavily doused myself, and my skin just drank this up. Equal ratios of coffee and booze, but just hints left 3 hrs later, which is fast for my skin. SO smells wood and coffee liquor. Makes me want to put on my favorite boozey scent, Desperation and Djinn.

Edited by Eastwood22