Reindeer Droppings

Beccah

AD-ReindeerDroppings_1.jpg

Reindeer Droppings

Half a dozen chocolate varieties combine for a creamy milk chocolate delight, coating little berry bombs of pinky sweet mulberries and tart elderberries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

CHOCOLATE/COCOA ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
MULBERRY ~ Luck, willpower. protection, strength.
ELDERBERRY ~ A lure for the Fae. Long considered a highly potent magical plant.

Healing, induces visions and dreams, creativity, twigs used as a charm against illness.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

This is my baby: the one I wanted to try first because I asked Mara for a creamy chocolate scent for Xmas, and thought berries would be a nice touch which then just happened to go with the theme she wanted. This is a very pretty sweet berry scent, not medicinal at all (at least for me) and the chocolate creates a nice smooth background to frame the pinky sweetness of the berries. I get the mulberry most because it tends to stand out on my skin, but I really like this even if the chocolate doesn't become more present with aging, though I imagine it will. But for those of you who love the pinky berry scents I think you will really enjoy this one.

I've been wearing this all day today and I am loving it. It reminds me lot of my (current) favorite scent, Blackstone, but a much lighter and less perfumey version of it. It's nicely blended to me. The chocolate isn't overly asserting itself and the berries are divine. It's hard for me to distinguish between them, possibly because I've never smelled them before (that I'm aware of) or because it's so well blended. This scent has been added to the top of my FB list!

Edited by tink333

My local co-op does decadent things with taking very expensive dried cherries and other exotic berries and covering them with the richest of organic, fair-traded regional chocolates... this has that utterly decadent yummy quality. It has a nice staying power, and it's another surprise berry success for me in this set of NRs!

First on I was sure it wasn't going to work for me. It was very tootsie roll and weird plastic berry while wet. Once it dried down it was VERY nice. There's definitely a Christmas scent memory here somewhere :D My chemistry is still threatening to push this in a plastic direction though. I think what I'll do is set it aside and try it again in a couple days. I don't think I recall any LP chocolate note going plastic on me so maybe it just needs some extra time to acclimate?

The berries and amber are much more dominant than I expected in this one. Mulberry is one of my favorite notes, but in combo with the elderberry and amber, it's smelling like blueberries to my nose. I really hope as this settles and ages the chocolate comes out more. I was hoping for a mulberry version of Special D.

Despite not being as chocolate-y as I thought it would be, I still like it. It's a very pretty pink berry scent that I think I'll use a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

This immediately reminded me of Dominance Chocolate Rose. I forget what it was called but something like that. I immediately got the cocoa and then I picked up on a very pointy red rose. I am not a fan of pointy red rose, it gets a bit sharp and ends up murdering me with an ice pick to my frontal lobe- but I did enjoy the cocoa part of the scent. Another retest to determine the fate of this one.

• 3 weeks later...

This reminds me of those chocolate-covered jelly bars I get at this amazing local candy store, except instead of raspberry the jelly is made of woodland berries that have a slightly more "holiday" feel to them. It's actually more cocoa wet, then as it dries down the berries emerge more and the notes swap spots so it's more berry with a chocolate shell like those candy bars. LadyV is right about the mulberry giving off a rose-ish vibe; I couldn't put my finger on what was ever so subtly rosy in this but now it all makes sense.

• 3 weeks later...

Well this is completely delightful. I am sometimes leery of berries because they can be pointy or go plasticky on me. Not this one! It is mellow quiet smooth purring melted milk chocolate, with puréed mixed berries swirled in. Late in drydown it threatens to be a little bit weird — fusty or something – but I suspect that's the berries trying to misbehave. They don't succeed, happily. I think this would be wonderful to sleep in actually...its cuddliness and warmth seem to ask for it. I will oblige. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I love fruit and chocolate together, so I figured I like this. And I do. And I went FB earlier this year. This smells like tootsie roll when wet then dries down to the berries, but the chocolate sticks around. The berries can get a little screamy at times. It always reminds me it is there. My daughter commented that I smelled “fruity”. At the time I don’t think there is really anything out there on this website like it with just the berries and chocolate, so it was special to me. This reminds of my Nosfy’s Aperitif, but without the roses.

• 3 years later...

How did I not review this one. 

I enjoy it! I get the chocolate and I think amber at first, then the berries. If I put my lil nosey right up to it- I can detect the Mulberry, and Elderberry  (My two favorite berries!) Yum :)

10 minutes ago, amoradrianam said:

How did I not review this one. 

I enjoy it! I get the chocolate and I think amber at first, then the berries. If I put my lil nosey right up to it- I can detect the Mulberry, and Elderberry  (My two favorite berries!) Yum :)

how did you manage to test this one?

46 minutes ago, Fang said:

how did you manage to test this one?

I probably just put it on my wrists :)

I only used a small amount a couple times, and have the rest left if you want it :D 

Edited by amoradrianam
Info

1 hour ago, amoradrianam said:

I probably just put it on my wrists :)

I only used a small amount a couple times, and have the rest left if you want it :D 

no it's ok lol, was just wondering how you got to try it, as it says it was from 2014, didn't know you have been wearing pheros for soo long!

47 minutes ago, Fang said:

no it's ok lol, was just wondering how you got to try it, as it says it was from 2014, didn't know you have been wearing pheros for soo long!

Oh! I happily received it as a sample in one of my recent orders. I first started using pheros etc. a good bit over a decade ago. 

I do have an old FB never opened of OCCO Ambrosia/w eow cops/ Added Popularity Potion. I don’t think I’ll ever use it. Down to trade or sell or give to someone. 

10 hours ago, amoradrianam said:

Oh! I happily received it as a sample in one of my recent orders. I first started using pheros etc. a good bit over a decade ago. 

I do have an old FB never opened of OCCO Ambrosia/w eow cops/ Added Popularity Potion. I don’t think I’ll ever use it. Down to trade or sell or give to someone. 

try the Trade section for that, i have a bottle of Aja just above the label and full bottle of Honeyed Gotcha i want to get rid of too, think i might give those away as Aja is just above the label and Honey Gotcha has been used once will see anyway haven't decided yet.

• 3 months later...

I wish I got the berries that everyone else is getting. On me, this goes on as milk chocolate. If I get really close I can get a whiff of mulberry, but that's about it. Unfortunately, amber and I are not the greatest of friends and within about 10 minutes it completely takes over. Woe. I love how much lpmp fragrances vary by skin chemistry, but sometimes it turns around and bites me in the butt.