Has anyone had negative reactions from others with Empathy Potion?

Help - what did I do wrong. I recently had an important meeting on project and needed it to go well. This is male colleague / friend. We have great friendship and work relationship and have been working together on successful projects for MANY years. In this instance I felt it most important that I HEARD his ideas and he mine. I decided to use Empathy Potion (first time using) and Soul Food (he has always commented on liking this). I have the Empathy in oil so I used one 2” roll on chest and one 1” roll on each upper hand. It worked for me. I heard his ideas and did not dismiss any of them. I understood exactly where he was coming from even if they differed from my ideas. He, however, was down right bristly - very uncharacteristic. He is usually a very easy going guy, but seemed to have some snippy remark about every statement I made (even if not work related), I made excuse to end meeting early and we will start again end of week. Any ideas why he might react so negatively to empathy potion?

It could be one or more of several things... He may be type of male who doesn't respond well to Est or he may respond TOO WELL to est and the other pheros and found himself attracted to you, or maybe the combo got him emotional, I once sprayed my girlfriend with ALOT of Heart and Soul and found myself highly emotional with her to the point of tearing up. A lot of males get snippy instead of teary as a natural response.

It could be one or more of several things... He may be type of male who doesn't respond well to Est or he may respond TOO WELL to est and the other pheros and found himself attracted to you, or maybe the combo got him emotional, I once sprayed my girlfriend with ALOT of Heart and Soul and found myself highly emotional with her to the point of tearing up. A lot of males get snippy instead of teary as a natural response.

He is truly like a brother and I have many times worn pretty heavy est around him and it just seems to make him helpful, happy and brotherly. I really don't worry about him being attracted. Maybe you are right and the b-nol just took him off guard. As friends, we have had many deep and emotional conversations (without pheros) and he is not afraid to shed a tear (although rare) around me. His totally uncharacteristic response just threw me for a loop. I have worn Seer (with true confessions) around him with no problem. Maybe somehow I just OD him.

Maybe just steer clear of the empathy potion for your other meeting with him....it could be anything, maybe the combination of beta-nol and est....who knows? I don't think I would test it again in this situation where this project is so important. I would go with something upbeat that you know he responds well to, if it were me. Maybe you can try the empathy when you don't have quite so much to lose.

Maybe just steer clear of the empathy potion for your other meeting with him....it could be anything, maybe the combination of beta-nol and est....who knows? I don't think I would test it again in this situation where this project is so important. I would go with something upbeat that you know he responds well to, if it were me. Maybe you can try the empathy when you don't have quite so much to lose.

Thanks Dolly. What would be your suggestions? It needs to be a "we are definitely on the same page" meeting. I was wondering about B2.2, Perfect Match, Levitation...?

It could be that the pheros had absolutely nothing to do with how he behaved. He could have had a family situation or a personal situation that day and his feelings came out in that manner. Most men tend to internalize things and get quiet or grumpy. he may have started having romantic feelings towards you and felt like you were not returning the feelings or he may have tried to distance himself from you because of his feelings and a fear of being hurt. See how the next meeting goes and if he reacts the same way then try to talk to him and see what is bothering him...I hope it goes better next time..:)

Thanks Dolly. What would be your suggestions? It needs to be a "we are definitely on the same page" meeting. I was wondering about B2.2, Perfect Match, Levitation...?

I like Open Windows.....so Levitation would probably work....also if you have something with Swimming with Sharks, that one has always proved good in the workplace.

He, however, was down right bristly - very uncharacteristic. He is usually a very easy going guy, but seemed to have some snippy remark about every statement I made (even if not work related),

seajammarket, you could be describing my guy exactly. He had a reaction like this just the other day, and it is atypical of him. I know for him it was the phero, because once i suspected he was having a bad reaction, I started moving around, getting closer and moving away, and finally getting up and showering, after which he was back to his old self. I've narrowed it down to beta-nol in the presence of something, but would have to test more to figure out what that something is for him. so just based on my experience, I would agree with dolly and put that Empathy Potion away!

But Empathy potion is kind of an emotional phero. maybe he was getting a vibe that you were too emotional about a work situation. Even if you weren't, maybe that's what the phero was putting out. Could have irritated him.

This struck a chord with me because like i said above, i'm convinced my guy was having an issue with beta-nol in the presence of something. I hate to threadjack, but have you experienced an off reaction with this combo?

This struck a chord with me because like i said above, i'm convinced my guy was having an issue with beta-nol in the presence of something. I hate to threadjack, but have you experienced an off reaction with this combo?

You're not threadjacking my dear! My man can have bad bad reactions with heavy doses of Est, regardless of the beta-nol. The reason I said her issue may be the beta-nol WITH the est is because she said she has tried high doses of Est around him with no issues.

I haven't personally tried Empathy on my man precisely BECAUSE his reactions to Est can be so erratic. One day it may be ok, one day meh, and then off the charts HORRIBLE. The reactions that he has, when bad, are also VERY out of character for him.....he gets standoffish and sometimes downright MEAN.....and that is just NOT his normal personality. He is normally a happy, attentive, very sweet guy who wants to cater to me. After my last try with an Est heavy blend with him, it was so ugly, I won't go there again.

If I use something like Leather or BI, which temper the Est with a more dominant hand, he is perfectly fine.

BB, I so glad you responded. I'm with you..it has to be the beta-nol. This guy is so easy going, and happy. Before our meeting I talked with him on the phone a couple of times - all was good. We have been very close friends and partners in several projects for over 20 YEARS. Sometimes we will disagree, but we always laugh and work it out. I was just hoping the Empathy potion would make for a super smooth productive, get-it-done, all-on-same-page vibe. Just shows me the powers of pheros.

Dolly, in work situations I can have an alpha personality and he has alpha personality. I have not used Swimming with Sharks around him, but have used it successfully when dealing with males "who thought" they were in charge. I have also used Dom (not around friend) and that gives me the "take no prisoners" vibe. For this particular project we have such differing opinions that I was looking for something that would make both of us meet in the middle.

Dolly, in work situations I can have an alpha personality and he has alpha personality. I have not used Swimming with Sharks around him, but have used it successfully when dealing with males "who thought" they were in charge. I have also used Dom (not around friend) and that gives me the "take no prisoners" vibe. For this particular project we have such differing opinions that I was looking for something that would make both of us meet in the middle.

You might want to try something more lighthearted then, such as Open Windows or Levitation. At a bare minimum, it should put you both in a good mood.

You might want to try something more lighthearted then, such as Open Windows or Levitation. At a bare minimum, it should put you both in a good mood.

Thanks, I think this may be the way to go. I have both and I have actually used both of these around him. I may also tuck small spray atomizer of straight DHEAS in pocket just in case...LOL Now I just started wondering what Mega Watt would do?

I'm late to this party, but I just wanted to chime in with saying that I find Empathy Potion VERY powerful, and I wonder if, as others have mentioned, perhaps he became defensive in response to its effects? I wore this to work one day and ended up with a student in such serious meltdown it sparked a chain of emails to deans, counselors, etc -- if anything is going on, Empathy Potion can blow the doors off, and I wonder if he felt some kind of dissonance at being pulled into such an intimate emotional space in a work setting? For myself, I made a decision never to wear it at work again. I use it in therapy or in very close personal relationships when the setting is private and protected.

I think others have made excellent suggestions. I will add that I have had great results using PM in the work place -- it seems to be a much "safer" and less demanding kind of connection than Empathy provides. But perhaps going with elevating the mood rather than focusing on bonding would be a better strategy. Good luck, and keep us posted!

My Narcissistic Personality-Disordered husband had a very bad reaction to Empathy Potion. Someone suggested that since the disorder is characterized by a lack of empathy, it might be something that he finds very threatening and uncomfortable. That's the reaction I got. Tried Heart & Soul, and it was like night and day. And it even calmed him down mid-rage, something that usually can't be done.

So I changed to Heart & Soul with him. I use Empathy Potion for shopping, doctor and dentist appointments, and haircuts. It has a great effect...even during the Black Friday rush. People come closer, talk more, and give me free stuff!!

So just try something else; you'll find another good use for the Empathy Potion!

Thanks so much guys. I have never experienced anything like the whole Empathy Potion episode. I know this person so well and over the last almost twenty years have seen him in all types of situations - this reaction was not him. This was quite a lesson on how powerful pheros really are.

Now for the report on rescheduled project session. After very long thought, I decided to go with Mother's Little Helper. It was great meeting. It was calm, easy going, lots of joking (as is our usual). We got total plan laid out/worked through. A couple of his ideas I considered better than mine and we went with those, but for the most part he was a "good little boy" and decided "mama" knew best and was excited about the direction.

Goddess in Japan, I think that was me- because a true narcissist is sociopathic, so trying to encourage empathy is like fishing in a dry river bed. It might have felt to him like the emotional equivalent of someone jabbing you repeatedly with their finger to get your attention, because he can't connect with those emotions it just becomes immensely irritating.

So glad Heart and Soul works well for you though. Good to know.

Seajammarket, while I've not had any bad reactions from others I totally agree with Blackcat that this is some powerful stuff, and can become completely overwhelming. I think I wrote about my most intense experience with this somewhere else- basically I wore it to a smallish social gathering when I felt a bit socially vulnerable, and ended up feeling swallowed up by a black hole of despair that actually belonged to someone else there. That man hanged himself later the same day and I felt haunted by the whole thing for ages. Use with caution.