NEW RELEASES FOR JUNE 2008

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;):):clapW2:

Gorgeous labels as always. I think the labels have become as important as the scent descriptions for me when choosing. These are just stunning! So glad I was here to see them go up!!

Dosen't Mara do an awesome job? Ahh to be an artist-I just write pretty words.

Dosen't Mara do an awesome job? Ahh to be an artist-I just write pretty words.

She sure does!

Summer Solstice is my favorite. The pin ups just make me want to collect them all!

Argh, I need more money! I'm still 2 months behind. Dang est, set me back of what I could spend on Love Potion goodies in good conscience. I wanted it so badly though. :)

Good grief, wish I was an artist. I'm just doing quick and dirty graphics here, but thanks for the nice words! :) Scourger helped on a few of the names for this month too. Thank you, Scourger!!! xoxoxox

Inkling, the artist for the Summer Solstice potion is one of my favorites - Alphonse Mucha. We also featured his work on the LP White label.

The pin-ups are the work of Enoch Bolles and Peter Driben, and FX Lyendecker created the image we used for Blossom of Love.

Hey, anyone want to guess on the scents? I was amazed how close you guys got just based on the pix in previous months!

Good grief, wish I was an artist. I'm just doing quick and dirty graphics here, but thanks for the nice words! :) Scourger helped on a few of the names for this month too. Thank you, Scourger!!! xoxoxox

Inkling, the artist for the Summer Solstice potion is one of my favorites - Alphonse Mucha. We also featured his work on the LP White label.

The pin-ups are the work of Enoch Bolles and Peter Driben, and FX Lyendecker created the image we used for Blossom of Love.

Hey, anyone want to guess on the scents? I was amazed how close you guys got just based on the pix in previous months!

"Blossom of Love" looks lovely. It's worrying me a little though, just going on the label art (which could be very misleading) it seems to have a very similar theme to my August idea which is a japanese cherry blossom love spell. This might be worth considering when we select for August. Do we really need two perfumes with what could be, to the casual observer or first-time shopper, a similar theme? No problems if not. I can pull the idea. :)

Otherwise I reckon "forever after" could be your committment potion.

Liberty Bell is obviously American-themed.

And I am wondering if "and everything nice" has sugar and spice in it? ;)

May

Edited by May

Danna and I have very deliberately stayed away from the Designing August thread so as not to interfere or be influenced.

We plan and order ingredients up to 6 months in advance and decided not to halt any of our own plans if something turned up appearing on the surface to be similar.

Ideas tend to overlap within a single genre - that's normal. Also, if one gave 5 different perfumers the same set of ingredients, they would each produce something entirely unique from the others.

So..in the end.. trust us. Even if your entry seems similar, we'll make sure it's unique in the end.

Danna and I have very deliberately stayed away from the Designing August thread so as not to interfere or be influenced.

We plan and order ingredients up to 6 months in advance and decided not to halt any of our own plans if something turned up appearing on the surface to be similar.

Ideas tend to overlap within a single genre - that's normal. Also, if one gave 5 different perfumers the same set of ingredients, they would each produce something entirely unique from the others.

So..in the end.. trust us. Even if your entry seems similar, we'll make sure it's unique in the end.

No worries Mara, I know these things happen

I'm totally cool and happy to pull Sakura if it is similar. It's probably more suited to spring and cherry blossom season anyway. :)

May

May I hope you don't pull your potion idea it sounds lovely.

If i were to go by picture, I would say Blossom of Love is peach blossom because it symbolizes a happy marriage. Second guess, persimmon, and that would really drive me crazy! Not that peach wouldn't drive me crazy I love it in scents too!

Forgot to give thanks. lol Thanks for the artist names Mara! And thank you both for the new releases!

Edited by inkling

Good Lord, There are so many I want :)

I need to win the lotto, can we have a potion for that ?

The artwork is fantastic to. Ok now I am gonna have to scramble for some extra money. Do you think the family will mind eating Macaroni and cheese for a week LOL

Tisha

Good Lord, There are so many I want :)

I need to win the lotto, can we have a potion for that ?

The artwork is fantastic to. Ok now I am gonna have to scramble for some extra money. Do you think the family will mind eating Macaroni and cheese for a week LOL

Tisha

Tish Hi,

Hmmmm let me think, macaroni and cheese, or more lp scents?...what to do what to do....ah well, I've always liked macaroni and cheese, wonder if it comes in flavors cause thats what I'll be eating for a month...

OHMYGODDESS!!!!!! I cannot believe the creative genius of you girls! Every month it is a buffet of yummy creativity! And I know the fragrances will live up to my expectations. AAAHHHH, it is ALWAYS worth the wait (although I could do without the feeling like a stalker!). NOW FOR THE DESCRIPTIONS, RIGHT? Life is good!!!

OH MY HEAVENS......where oh where is my credit card?????

The New Releases look awesome. Can I order the monthly sample now or should I wait for the illustrations to be posted. Horaay and I was just about to spend my money on food...Just kidding. :):)

Let's see...

-Forever After, since it's a phero blend...one of the new Stone Labs creations, the one which inspires feelings of commitment?

-LP Summer Solstice '08 is pretty self-explanatory, heh. I love Mucha!

-Fairy Lure is likely a fruit/flower type of blend, whatever is known to attract the Fae?

-Insight Potion is for divination? Sort of in the spirit of Medium, I'm thinking.

-"...and everything nice" has gotta be a sugar & spice blend!

-Blossom of Love is an Oriental blend, it seems certain...mainly floral (flowers attributed to love in Japanese mythology)?

-In The Mood, I'm kinda surprised this isn't a phero blend...is it musk-based? I'm getting the same vibe from the artwork as I did from Turn On...something dark in a resin-y musk-y kind of way. Is it a "classic scent" tribute as well?

-Naughty Minx, Pin-Up Girl series, of course! So something drop-dead sexy! It's funny, the artwork looks like it's exactly like the famous Coppertone ad except with a chemise-clad honey!

-Liberty Belle, something reminiscent of a good old-fashioned 4th of July? I always think of berries, for some reason. Like strawberry shortcake with whipped cream.

-Sun Catcher...either something related to summer (components which given an impression of sunnyness/warmth) or components which are specifically related to The Sun in a metaphysical fashion.

Edited by luna65

Let's see...

-Forever After, since it's a phero blend...one of the new Stone Labs creations, the one which inspires feelings of commitment?

-LP Summer Solstice '08 is pretty self-explanatory, heh. I love Mucha!

-Fairy Lure is likely a fruit/flower type of blend, whatever is known to attract the Fae?

-Insight Potion is for divination? Sort of in the spirt of Medium, I'm thinking.

-"...and everything nice" has gotta be a sugar & spice blend!

-Blossom of Love is an Oriental blend, it seems certain...mainly floral (flowers attributed to love in Japanese mythology)?

-In The Mood, I'm kinda surprised this isn't a phero blend...is it musk-based? I'm getting the same vibe from the artwork as I did from Turn On...something dark in a resin-y musk-y kind of way. Is it a "classic scent" tribute as well?

-Naughty Minx, Pin-Up Girl series, of course! So something drop-dead sexy! It's funny, the artwork looks like it's exactly like the famous Coppertone ad except with a chemise-clad honey!

-Liberty Belle, something reminsceint of a good old-fashioned 4th of July? I always think of berries, for some reason. Like strawberry shortcake with whipped cream.

-Sun Catcher...either something related to summer (components which given an impression of sunnyness/warmth) or components which are specifically related to The Sun in a metaphysical fashion.

Luna-you are freaking me out, have you bugged the studio?

LOL

Ok-some are RIGHT ON and some are so far off the base that I giggled, but WOMAN! Good lord, you are very perseptive.

So I shall leave you all to wonder what is what, and we shall have the descriptions up soon!

SG

I thought she did pretty good too with the descriptions. I bet she was really close on most of them.

I had completely overlooked that "Forever After" was a pheromone blend. Now I can hardly contain myself.

:)

Ok-some are RIGHT ON and some are so far off the base that I giggled,

Okay, here are some guesses on what she got wrong :) :

Forever After: clearly the arms behind the gown are symbolic of the wedding being behind her, so this is a potion tapping into sense memory of the after part, when it feels like forever - the smell of rancid dish sponges, a breath of tub mildew, with the faintest hint of soiled nappies.

Fairly Lure: based on tradition gifts left for faries - oatmeal

Liberty belle: what's more American than apple pie? Hotdogs. - processed mystery meat and all the condiments

Sun Catcher: the warm scent of colored glass. This one comes with or with out the phero addition LEad, "make him lose his mind."

Summer Solstice '08, well, it feels a bit like the year of the bananna here, so maybe the LP base with bananna.

:)

Okay, seriously now:

It would make sense for Liberty belle to smell like apple pie, but that label looks like a crisper scent, maybe something representing fireworks?

Fairy lure may in fact be based on traditional offerings left for the fae, honeycakes and cream?

Blossom of love, hydrangea?

Naughty Minx, a pin up series with coconut, since we've got the coppertone reference.

.....and we can't get trial sz package of the new phero releases, right ? (I know, Iknow.... scratched record, no reply needed)