I would love to hear some tips and suggestions about mixing different pheros. I've been reading about Blatent Invitation mixed with Super Sexy, and other combinations. Are there any combinations that are NOT suggested? Maybe they work at cross purposes, or have caused bad results.

Now that I have a few in my hot little hands, I'd like some guidance with my experimentation.

I would love to hear some tips and suggestions about mixing different pheros. I've been reading about Blatent Invitation mixed with Super Sexy, and other combinations. Are there any combinations that are NOT suggested? Maybe they work at cross purposes, or have caused bad results.

Now that I have a few in my hot little hands, I'd like some guidance with my experimentation.

I haven't had any from LP that actually had an adverse effect when blended or layered. I have had some very blatant forward hits, though.....read through the phero review thread, and you'll find the stories!

Thank you Dolly, I'm loving all the stories!!! One reason for my question is that a friend of mine came here and purchased Girl/Girl and Super Sexy (both unscented) and has been slathering both with no effect, and I was wondering if maybe they were cancelling each other out. Is that possible? Her idea was that she was gonna get attention from someone, anyone, and it just hasn't been working for her. Could she be using too much? She mentioned that years ago she had used some kind of pheros without any response, so could she be "immune" to them?

Thank you Dolly, I'm loving all the stories!!! One reason for my question is that a friend of mine came here and purchased Girl/Girl and Super Sexy (both unscented) and has been slathering both with no effect, and I was wondering if maybe they were cancelling each other out. Is that possible? Her idea was that she was gonna get attention from someone, anyone, and it just hasn't been working for her. Could she be using too much? She mentioned that years ago she had used some kind of pheros without any response, so could she be "immune" to them?

Well, pheros ENHANCE, they don't create things that aren't there. For instance......if she wears pheros to a party and then sits in the corner like a wallflower, it is likely that nothing will happen. Then, she will be thinking that the pheros did nothing for her. Pheros will not make you an extrovert if you are normally shy.....you have to make an effort also. And, they will not make people who don't like you miraculously desire you. But, they can tip the scales in your favor if used correctly.

Many people have unrealistic expectations when they use pheros......most often the hits are subtle, small reactions from those around you. She needs to be aware of the circumstances that she is in.....for instance, in the workplace, you would not expect a male to come up and blatantly flirt with you. A "hit" can be something as simple as a smile from a person that you are familiar with, who is normally grouchy or surly.......or a man (or woman) doing a simple double-take as you walk by. Strangers are not always going to gawk at or walk up and start a conversation with someone that they do not know. Many of the more experienced users here will tell you that a smile, a wink, light-hearted conversation, mood-lifting, and things like that happen more often than not. Then, occassionally, you WILL have those humongous reactions that are really note-worthy.

I would suggest that she start with ONE of the two blends first, until she gets the hang of it. She needs to become observant. And, it is often easier if you use a control-group of people that you are already familiar with. That way, she will be aware if there are any changes to their "normal" behaviors. And lastly, with the oil based blends here, I suggest that she put them where they will diffuse better.....I am a hand-talker, so I always dab some on the backs of my hands......

The scientists who make our pheros will tell you not to mix them at all. They say that the mixtures are very specific and have been experimented with so they know their level of effectiveness. Even changing the percentage of one ingredient can make it less effective, as some pheros cancel another out, so it's best to use them 'as is' until you're really experienced and know exactly what you are doing. (One doesn't bake a cake by throwing three random recipes together and then wonder why the cake doesn't rise.)

That said, we have many users here who have a blast mixing them to great result. So I agree with Dolly, just use one, and then maybe gradually try adding a second, maybe on separate body part.

I've had that 'popularity' reaction using both Popularity Potion and Blatant Invitation (individually).

The scientists who make our pheros will tell you not to mix them at all. They say that the mixtures are very specific and have been experimented with so they know their level of effectiveness. Even changing the percentage of one ingredient can make it less effective, as some pheros cancel another out, so it's best to use them 'as is' until you're really experienced and know exactly what you are doing. (One doesn't bake a cake by throwing three random recipes together and then wonder why the cake doesn't rise.)

That said, we have many users here who have a blast mixing them to great result. So I agree with Dolly, just use one, and then maybe gradually try adding a second, maybe on separate body part.

I've had that 'popularity' reaction using both Popularity Potion and Blatant Invitation (individually).

Thank you so much!! I've e-mailed my friend with this info - I hope she'll try them individually!

• 5 years later...

Hi everyone, how often do you find yourself mixing? I wear pheros 4-5 days a week and find that I wear 2-3 different ones most days. For example I might do Cougar, Pop Potion or Open Windows and Lucky Dog. Is there an intervention in order? Should I try to stick with only one more often than not? It'll be hard :wacko: everything is so yummy!

How do you do with self restraint?

Hi everyone, how often do you find yourself mixing? I wear pheros 4-5 days a week and find that I wear 2-3 different ones most days. For example I might do Cougar, Pop Potion or Open Windows and Lucky Dog. Is there an intervention in order? Should I try to stick with only one more often than not? It'll be hard :wacko: everything is so yummy!

I think for me more is not better. I figure piling too many up is just a waste of money and like Mara stated, those who make the blends are targeting specific reactions and changing the mix doesn't always make it better. That being said if you are going to layer, it would be best to avoid using more than one complex blend. It would be better to layer with second a simple blend. I have done that. Especially with some OCCO. If you read through the list of all of the blends you will probably find one that does what you are aiming for. I love the large selection of blends at LP. Also unless you try each blend on its own and find out how it works on you, it is hard to know if you benefit from layering with another blend. Layering with un-pheroed scents is the fun with LP. Many scents layer well with each other.

I think Dolly's & Maras comments just up top say it all.

As far as self restraint, well $money$ is a factor. My pheros are an investment in fun. But, I'm in no hurry to waste them. I'll do a "calculated" experiment, meaning I'll look to the journals, Dolly's among others, I tried the layering of TH and True Confessions, works like a charm btw.

A bit more research on the review threads ( TC) and I learned the H&S was based on this Combe, with a bit of tweaking. Fun and educational. But that was done by someone who had a back ground in the research. ect.

I have layered Leather with some DHEAS & cops. trying to see if I could get something close to Aud.

But beyond that I don't toss two random blends together. IMO it's cash down the drain. Chemistry is a tricky thing, see Maras comments above, for more of that. The worst experience I've had is when I layered Topper over Sexpinoage. I was thinking fun & sexy but I felt neither that night just "weird " and later sick. Others may not be as sensitive. Experimenting is fun but my collection cost me some $$$ so I'm not in a hurry to waste it.

I've done occasional tweaking like adding a single, small spray of EST to TH. Now that changes the dynamic of the TH blend but in an interesting way & I liked it as a sort of variant.

If you read the review threads and journals you might find the info for a good mix, but for me after a little over a year here I'm still experimenting with some of the individual blends and that's adventurous enough.

Edited by StacyK

Coming up Roses: I echo the other ladies. I am a relative newbie with only a few months exp with pheros. While I have great fun layering LP fragrances, I have not done that with the pheros much except for trying Sneaky Clean/SS4W layered over Cuddle Bunny to achieve a makeshift kind of like BANG phero, That was only because I didn't have any of the EST or OCCO line yet, and wanted to add Cops/Est ( which CB has) to SC, which does not. I had been studying the ingredient list for each phero, had read about others here trying that combo and having good luck with it. It works, but I still plan on getting BANG as well as some more of the other UN pheros, because, like Mara and the rest have said the scientists have already figured out the ratios/measurements/effects which eliminates most of the guesswork except for choosing what phero to use and then mixing/matching/layering LP fragrance(s) over it and then tweaking it all to find your sweet spot.

Sometimes I will sniff coffee grounds to clear my nose if I've been trying on a lot of different fragrances, and if I'm switching to another phero blend then I sometimes scrub hands/arms with coffee ground soap, shower and start all over again. I usually drink a lot of water when I'm using pheros as well.

I'm only at the stage where I'm experimenting with layering OCCOS (Cops) and presently thinking about taking baby steps with the LAM/BAM line. It's been quite a journey so far and I'm so happy to know that the ladies are here to help each step of the way as we learn more together. :perfume:

I have been using pheromones for quite a while. For the most part, if i am wearing a mix ie: SS4M or Wanted Man, I stick with that mix only. If you mix mixes, you just end up with a big muddled mess. Or in the case of guy's sex mixes, you run the risk of a 'none OD. I will sometimes throw in some b'nols on top of certain hard mixes (not sold nere) to soften them a little. You still come across strong, but more friendly as opposed to predatory. I really do not do that with the mixes mara sells here.

I have been using pheromones for quite a while. For the most part, if i am wearing a mix ie: SS4M or Wanted Man, I stick with that mix only. If you mix mixes, you just end up with a big muddled mess. Or in the case of guy's sex mixes, you run the risk of a 'none OD. I will sometimes throw in some b'nols on top of certain hard mixes (not sold nere) to soften them a little. You still come across strong, but more friendly as opposed to predatory. I really do not do that with the mixes mara sells here.

Well that's good. You've probably avoided a few fist fights that way! :)

ComingUp Roses...Honestly if you are wearing three blends together you are wasting your money. You are cancelling some molecules out, amping other ones to undesirable levels and so on. I believe we have 37 women's blends here. There is literally something for every situation. You don't want to have a bad physical OD. I have had two. They both involved 13 straight hours of puking and shaking and cold cold chills. As miserable as a hangover crossed with the flu. There are just so many variables in play when you mix. And being a novice, you have no idea what to tweak if something goes wrong. So I can better advise can you please tell me which blends you are wearing when you wear three at a time? How much are you wearing of each?

Well that's good. You've probably avoided a few fist fights that way! :)

I purposely OD'd once just to see what would happen. But I did it at a kid's event so a fist-fight would not break out. Women ran away & guys got very agitated. But I was all smiles & friendly converstions so the aggression could not go anywhere.

:Like2:Thanks so much for your valuable input everybody :Like2: ! I love the sound practice outlined in the original thread. Coupled with your personal experience and recommendation, I will no longer meander down the wrong path :^^:

I think for me more is not better. I figure piling too many up is just a waste of money and like Mara stated, those who make the blends are targeting specific reactions and changing the mix doesn't always make it better. That being said if you are going to layer, it would be best to avoid using more than one complex blend. It would be better to layer with second a simple blend. I have done that. Especially with some OCCO. If you read through the list of all of the blends you will probably find one that does what you are aiming for. I love the large selection of blends at LP. Also unless you try each blend on its own and find out how it works on you, it is hard to know if you benefit from layering with another blend. Layering with un-pheroed scents is the fun with LP. Many scents layer well with each other.

I agree Irish Eyes -- the large selection of blends here at LP is a great advantage! I don't have the nose yet to layer well but remain hopeful I'll be able to join y'all soon. Several threads have warned against mixing complex blends and I'm mindful for sure. Not only is it wasteful but it will surely lead to disappointment as it can't possibly illicit favorable responses :(. OCCOs seem to be a staple when layering. I have to get some and also be a bit more courageous in experimenting with EoW.

I think Dolly's & Maras comments just up top say it all.

As far as self restraint, well $money$ is a factor. My pheros are an investment in fun. But, I'm in no hurry to waste them. I'll do a "calculated" experiment, meaning I'll look to the journals, Dolly's among others, I tried the layering of TH and True Confessions, works like a charm btw.
A bit more research on the review threads ( TC) and I learned the H&S was based on this Combe, with a bit of tweaking. Fun and educational. But that was done by someone who had a back ground in the research. ect.
I have layered Leather with some DHEAS & cops. trying to see if I could get something close to Aud.
But beyond that I don't toss two random blends together. IMO it's cash down the drain. Chemistry is a tricky thing, see Maras comments above, for more of that. The worst experience I've had is when I layered Topper over Sexpinoage. I was thinking fun & sexy but I felt neither that night just "weird " and later sick. Others may not be as sensitive. Experimenting is fun but my collection cost me some $$$ so I'm not in a hurry to waste it.
I've done occasional tweaking like adding a single, small spray of EST to TH. Now that changes the dynamic of the TH blend but in an interesting way & I liked it as a sort of variant.
If you read the review threads and journals you might find the info for a good mix, but for me after a little over a year here I'm still experimenting with some of the individual blends and that's adventurous enough.

Stacy~the scenarios you outlined are what I was thinking...like Dolly's TH + TC and so forth. Chemistry is definitely tricky and I'm not scientifically inclined so that right there could be disastrous. I'm bad in that I haven't been keeping track of what I've been using and responses from people. Its only been about seven weeks since I started using pheros so It's not too late...will do like you and look to the journals of the experienced divas :P !!! Also, have to build up a stash of essentials like DHEAS, OCCOS and single molecules. I was playing it safe by ordering phero-enhanced fragrances and UNs.

Coming up Roses: I echo the other ladies. I am a relative newbie with only a few months exp with pheros. While I have great fun layering LP fragrances, I have not done that with the pheros much except for trying Sneaky Clean/SS4W layered over Cuddle Bunny to achieve a makeshift kind of like BANG phero, That was only because I didn't have any of the EST or OCCO line yet, and wanted to add Cops/Est ( which CB has) to SC, which does not. I had been studying the ingredient list for each phero, had read about others here trying that combo and having good luck with it. It works, but I still plan on getting BANG as well as some more of the other UN pheros, because, like Mara and the rest have said the scientists have already figured out the ratios/measurements/effects which eliminates most of the guesswork except for choosing what phero to use and then mixing/matching/layering LP fragrance(s) over it and then tweaking it all to find your sweet spot.

Sometimes I will sniff coffee grounds to clear my nose if I've been trying on a lot of different fragrances, and if I'm switching to another phero blend then I sometimes scrub hands/arms with coffee ground soap, shower and start all over again. I usually drink a lot of water when I'm using pheros as well.

I'm only at the stage where I'm experimenting with layering OCCOS (Cops) and presently thinking about taking baby steps with the LAM/BAM line. It's been quite a journey so far and I'm so happy to know that the ladies are here to help each step of the way as we learn more together. :perfume:

Thanks as always for the 'wise' words Olderbutwiser. I forgot about the coffee grounds - ding, ding ding! I have to do that when testing what works best in layering. Its been a struggle drinking a lot of water altho I looooove it. Each day is an opportunity to do better so there's always hope :rolleyes: . I use witch hazel, alcohol, hunter's soap or Dawn dishwashing detergent to remove the pheros. They all work like a charm :)

QG - LPMP's products are well above industry average. Even at my (very) inexperienced stage I could see there was no need to mess with the best. I was jumping the gun in trying to replicate :blushing: veteran phero users -- went about it the wrong way. I needed this thread. Thanks so much for the male perspective, it's a great contribution!

ComingUp Roses...Honestly if you are wearing three blends together you are wasting your money. You are cancelling some molecules out, amping other ones to undesirable levels and so on. I believe we have 37 women's blends here. There is literally something for every situation. You don't want to have a bad physical OD. I have had two. They both involved 13 straight hours of puking and shaking and cold cold chills. As miserable as a hangover crossed with the flu. There are just so many variables in play when you mix. And being a novice, you have no idea what to tweak if something goes wrong. So I can better advise can you please tell me which blends you are wearing when you wear three at a time? How much are you wearing of each?

Hi doll -- I read about your OD episodes in the journal thread!!! Sorry you had to go through that and THANK YOU for putting it out there as a cautionary tale :(

Well, the saving grace in all this is I'm a lightweight. On average, I can only tolerate about two 1-2" strips of UNs per day. If in spray form, 2-3 spritzes. One of my favorite combos has been Cougar, Pop Potion or Open Windows and Lucky Dog. I only apply in the mornings to different parts of my body and do not touch up at all throughout the day. Now that I've had this intervention :blush: I'll be ever so careful to not mess with anything remotely close to being a complex blend!

Ummmmm, I made the mistake once of wearing Popularity Potion and Open Windows along with Cougar. No bad reactions from people but I waded thru a heavy phero cloud all day! Open Windows is particularly strong with my chemistry. I did find out after the fact by reading threads that I shouldn't have worn PP and OW <yikes!>. Won't ever go there again :Blusher: . Ok, guess I was concerned with altering formulas of say a sexy social (Cougar) and a straight social (OW or PP) when worn at the same time. From the sound of things it might be considered wasteful...but, since those two aren't incongruent I thought it would be ok ("Ok" said in tiny pipsqueak voice lol)...

Edited by ComingUpRoses

It can be interesting to experiment but, for me, I still need some rhyme & reason. There are some simple blends like LAM, BAM or CB in addition to the single molecules, that can be layered reasonably if you have familiarized yourself with how the various blends work on their own.

Now the "simple blends" I mentioned are sex charged so Fair Warning.

I can say the mixes I've done that are worth mentioning are...

keep in mind I try to use Phero'd scents or at least one is. Much better for control and prevention of OD.

SS4W + CB (MRF + UnCB)

SS4W + LAM* (MRF + LAM BS or Vanilla)

SS4W + EST (MRF + Un EST)

TH + EST** (GH or FM + EST)

Perfect Match + BAM

* "wholly fuck" this is good but use with caution.

** one small controlled spray of EST only

:)

Those are the same kinds of mixes I use, too. Actually, I've used all the same ones as Stacy, except for the TH & EST, which I do plan to try at some point. I tend to layer LAM with stuff that already has an upbeat, social vibe, (so basically,where a bit of extra A-nol couldn't hurt, and where I would have added cops anyway), and BAM I layer with a few things that already have a cozy kind of vibe, a bonding kind of thing - again, where I probably would have added cops anyway.

I really like LAM with SS4W, (my favourite party/concert mix), SS4W with just a touch of CB, and Perfect Match with a touch of BAM.

Those are the same kinds of mixes I use, too. Actually, I've used all the same ones as Stacy, except for the TH & EST, which I do plan to try at some point. I tend to layer LAM with stuff that already has an upbeat, social vibe, (so basically,where a bit of extra A-nol couldn't hurt, and where I would have added cops anyway), and BAM I layer with a few things that already have a cozy kind of vibe, a bonding kind of thing - again, where I probably would have added cops anyway.

I really like LAM with SS4W, (my favourite party/concert mix), SS4W with just a touch of CB, and Perfect Match with a touch of BAM.

Yes. Congruence!! PM with a touch of BAM is so cozy but it would be terrible with LAM. Vice versa with SS4W. I have not worn my MRF in ages, it's the season now so I'm sure it's going to get a workout this summer!!

All LP'ers should try MRF..

Edited by StacyK

Mara's Rocket Fuel it's boosted with SS4W. In the scented phero section of the store.

It's a great phero/scent to start with. The scent is a foody brown sugar & cinnamon with trimmings. :)

Be sure to try it on it's own first. So you have a feel for it.

Edited by StacyK

Thanks for that StacyK! Now I can complete my order, and I'll be Lamma Bammin b4 long, lol! :hearts09780:

MRF is good. I'm not a crazy foodie fan and I amp brown sugar, but I still like it and it's a great vehicle for the SS4W.

It's all a learning curve, Coming Up Roses and everyone's chemistry is so different. You'll get the hang of it and find your "sweet spot" soon. :morph:

Thank you dear. Different pheros illicit different reactions from different individuals. I think part of the motivation behind my neophyte blends is I've been trying to please everyone on the same day....as one particular blend does not work on all. In trying to please all the 'peeps' at the same time, I'm wreaking havoc, lol. It's all good, I'm being more sound-minded of late...can't please all of the people all of the time. So true.

It can be interesting to experiment but, for me, I still need some rhyme & reason. There are some simple blends like LAM, BAM or CB in addition to the single molecules, that can be layered reasonably if you have familiarized yourself with how the various blends work on their own.

Now the "simple blends" I mentioned are sex charged so Fair Warning.

I can say the mixes I've done that are worth mentioning are...

keep in mind I try to use Phero'd scents or at least one is. Much better for control and prevention of OD.

SS4W + CB (MRF + UnCB)

SS4W + LAM* (MRF + LAM BS or Vanilla)

SS4W + EST (MRF + Un EST)

TH + EST** (GH or FM + EST)

Perfect Match + BAM

* "wholly fuck" this is good but use with caution.

** one small controlled spray of EST only

:)

:Like2:ty! :Like2:

Karma kitty, Way to many thing going on. You are most likely wasting your money by canceling out the effectiveness of each blend.

You should get to know the blends on their own, the feel ect. That alone takes a little time.

If you really can't help yourself and need to layer I suggest take either of those and just add some OCCo (cops) or a simple blend like topper or LAM.

Karma kitty, Way to many thing going on. You are most likely wasting your money by canceling out the effectiveness of each blend.

You should get to know the blends on their own, the feel ect. That alone takes a little time.

If you really can't help yourself and need to layer I suggest take either of those and just add some OCCo (cops) or a simple blend like topper or LAM.

Thanks StacyK! I don't think I can resist, but I'll stick with cops.

Personally, I'd stick with cops with either of those blends. With SS4W it kind of ups the ante. If it's a sexy, snuggly vibe you're after, PM with cops is great.

Hmm... come to think of it, I've actually had some shockingly sexual responses from BF while wearing *only* PM. But it can't hurt to add cops! :)

Welcome, BTW! :)

Thanks StacyK! I don't think I can resist, but I'll stick with cops.

That's a really good idea. Those blends are great individually, I think you'll like them.

Like Eggers said the addition of the cops will be all you need. Have Fun.

The phero enhanced fragrances are a true blessing! No guesswork with those. Even way down the line in my phero journey I can see buying a lot of phero'd potions. Why not take full advantage of a good thing?!. Short of using a pre-phero'd blend the key is to strive for balance. You know how our meals have courses? In a three course meal you might have an appetizer, entree and dessert. Well you wouldn't have two of any of those would you?. Hmmmm, maybe -if you're a foodie like me :say19: But let's make pretend you're blessed with self restraint. You wouldn't have two of any course in the meal. So it dawned on me that wearing pheros is quite similar. When veteran pheronistas advise us of not wearing more than one complex blend - that's what they mean! Complex blends are like entrees. For example, you may not want to pair Cougar with LFM / LFN because it would be like having two entrees. Another no-no would be UN Open Windows and UN Popularity Potion. Two great socials individually -but together, it may be a waste of resources. I made the mistake of wearing those two by the way :blush: . What can I say...we're more prone to missteps when inexperienced. Nothing bad happened but it's crazy soundin' now that I look back. Read this thread in entirety at your leisure. There's risk of cancelling out the blends rendering a mix ineffective. No fun there...

So in mixing pheros guys and gals, be cognizant of what you're doing. It's best to wear just one of any course in your meal :P

*Edited for syntax*

Edited by ComingUpRoses

• 3 years later...

I'm about to mix true confessions with mothers little helper for a hectic kid night, but also hoping to get lucky later. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Covering it with EGG so I smell like a cookie.

I'm about to mix true confessions with mothers little helper for a hectic kid night, but also hoping to get lucky later. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Covering it with EGG so I smell like a cookie.

Im interested to hear your results