Love Potion: Phero Amped LE

This one is very fruity on me. Ripe, sweet, dripping and succulent fruit. I'm thinking berries, cherries, and plums. I went back to the page for this one, and I'm wondering if I might have gotten PCMP instead of LP LE even though it's labeled LP LE because it's just super fruity, and I actually like it, but I don't think this is a *Love Potion*

Anyone test this one yet? I'm sure I must have PCMP, which makes me want to order a bottle of that now while still making me curious of LP LE.

EDITED on 2/6/09 after I shook the vial :D

Okay, I've got the full effect now that I've taken off my dunce cap.

There is a strong ripe fruit which I'm guessing is the apricot when I first put in on, but as it dries, the vanilla comes out and I'm getting a more apricot rich version of the original version of LP. It's very nice. I like the extra apricot.

I can't speak of the pheros because BI has no effect on me, but the scent itself is lovely.

Edited by starlitegirl

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is very fruity on me. Ripe, sweet, dripping and succulent fruit. I'm thinking berries, cherries, and plums. I went back to the page for this one, and I'm wondering if I might have gotten PCMP instead of LP LE even though it's labeled LP LE because it's just super fruity, and I actually like it, but I don't think this is a *Love Potion*

Anyone test this one yet? I'm sure I must have PCMP, which makes me want to order a bottle of that now while still making me curious of LP LE.

That does sound like PCMP.......the LP LE is more of a creamy vanilla-type base..........

So no fruity aroma? That's what I thought. Good to know I'm not that confused.

It has a little fruit, but not much....it's a little apricot.....

Wow, she's right! I'm getting the fruity too. It smells just like lp original in the vial, all vanilla and creamy spice, but on dry down it is yummy fruity, with a bit of lp original spice in the background, but it is a bit of a surpise the fruitiness. Then on drydown I get the LP original. This is really yummy! Maybe it's the pheros that give it the fruity kick in the middle?

Now this one isn't quite hitting me... I am reserving for now and will try again. Funny, because this out off all the scents was the one that I wanted to be the one you know... Can anyone tell me what might be good layered with this?...in any case I think I am going to just hang on to it. I will try it again and if I am still not feeling it, I will probably trade or give away or something.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, this creation doesn't smell like the original. Is that right? I LOVE the original and would be most sad if this doesn't smell similar to it.

When it dried down it smelled like the original. On the way down it had a good bit of yummy fruitiness that was nice but not the vanilla creaminess I was expecting. After it dried down it went back somewhat like the original. I put it on next to LP Original and the dry down went differently between the two. There is a fruitiness in the pheroblend. It's funny, but I don't get the fruitiness in Blatant Invitation unscented, so I'm not sure where it is coming from! This is definitely yummy and full bottle worthy.

I full-bottle ordered this last night, a couple hours after picking up my order with a sample of it... and was intrigued by the fruitiness that everyone's describing... I'm too new to have a lot of familiarity with LP notes, having only Red and Black... and as of yesterday have BI as well. But I was thinking the same as these posts regarding the fruitiness, not quite melony but 'tropical', 'green' and 'juicy' as I recall.

OK, scrubbed an arm to apply this. Got that sweet creamy LP base as I recognize it, sniffed through a couple stages but now that I'm typing it's... green apples with a tropical/buttery edge... I've never smelled the Summer Solstice LP but this is how I might imagine it. I smell the pheros tweaking it but don't actually smell them on their own (which I always do when layering unscented mones with a scent.) It makes the fruit hard to figure for me though. Maybe it's pear, some crazy exotic melon, no--cinnamon--? Apricots! ...It's Rorschaching on me. I do know I dig it. My arm smells like a sexed out peach cobbler to me at the moment.

Interesting side note: Hub's take was "Hmmm, is it Nox? With the cheese (we call EW stinkcheese/hornycheese)?" He totally gets Essence, and fruit/resins. Then again he thinks Red is all appley cinnamon to my buttery vanilla/brown sugared amber. I get it but it's funny how different notes stand out to different folks. He doesn't smell unscented pheros, either, another difference.

Sorry for the schizzy review. For me this is a winner though! :)

Edited by kblazin

When it dried down it smelled like the original. On the way down it had a good bit of yummy fruitiness that was nice but not the vanilla creaminess I was expecting. After it dried down it went back somewhat like the original. I put it on next to LP Original and the dry down went differently between the two. There is a fruitiness in the pheroblend. It's funny, but I don't get the fruitiness in Blatant Invitation unscented, so I'm not sure where it is coming from! This is definitely yummy and full bottle worthy.

Guess WHAT?! I wasnt going to nab one but now me thinks I must! If you like it I surely will :)

OK, when I answered yesterday, I was speaking from memory rather than trying the new LP LE......now that I have tried it, there IS a lot more apricot than I remember from when I previously tried the original. I LIKE it though......VERY NICE! This may warrant a second bottle.....

ETA.....even upon drydown, it is a bit different from how I remember the orginal LP......the apricot stays fresh and true on me, and is remaining in the forefront of the other notes.....

Edited by Dolly

OK dare I say I was a teensy bit disappointed here. I wanted that full-bodied-sexy-spicy rich patchouli-drenched LP Original with some Blatant Invitation hidden in it....of course I should really know better - you can't change the notes of a perfume and have the same end result. Duh.

This was very pretty though, and distinctly LP upon full dry-down. It went through a few iffy periods on me - 1 sniff good, 1 sniff wrinkly nose - no doubt because of the pheros. Seems lighter than the Original, more delicate somehow with a dirty undercurrent roiling through.

I never got any fruitiness ?!? I love apricot and peach, so I just must have missed it's influence here.

DH shrugged when he smelled it..."it's nice". He was too busy sniffing Teddy Man on himself...hehehe

Seems lighter than the Original, more delicate somehow with a dirty undercurrent roiling through.

I got that impression too, which I attributed to the BI.

Tried again in the sober light of day, I can smell the apricot upon initial application. Then dirty do-me BI, then apricot, then it starts to deepen. This is a very nice BI enhanced blend. It only has a hint of LP to my nose, though.

Okay, I remember people talking about this; however, I couldn't find the topic thread. Hopefully there isn't two now.

I threw on LP: Original w/BI last night because I had a date. I am sorry to report that this fragrance does not love me. :( In fact, I think it may have a little anger toward me(totally unprovoked, of course). It smelled fantastic on me this morning...powderly loveliness, but alas, too late. I'm sad to report I must put it up for trade.

This didn't remind me at all of the Original, which I covet and utterly adore oh so much.

Yes the scent is a little different with BI added to it. I put a small amount on last night to try and get a feel for it. I'm going to experiment some with this since I bought 2 bottles. I have some LP Original without BI and am going to cover the LE with this as well as some Sugared Honeycomb to see what happens.

Both topics happily merged now, ladies. ^_^

Blessings

Ail )O(

Yea, you're the bestest!!! :(

I haven't tried the original yet, but when I first put this on I thought was too green, then it dried down, and on my skin it turned to a nice powdery vanilla-floral, with musky undertones, I really like the way this one smells on me. I don't smell much fruitiness, just vanilla and flowers.

Also, this one stays very close to my skin, I get wafts of it but you have to get close to really smell it.

Edited by Karmiel

Last night I wore the LP LE with BI with a cover of LP Original, Sugared Honeycomb, and Amber Enchantment. You ladies have got to try this combo. I would have to say that the apricot is the strongest scent that I detect in the LE version and it was really strong on my skin even after dry down. The LP Original and AE sweetened it up quite nicely. The apricot was still there only softer. I added the Honeycomb for obvious reasons. The hubby was all over me. His exact worlds were "You smell like you want me to F**k you". Needless to say we went to bed at least an hour early. He was moaning and whispering my name. Of course he's a wild cat under normal circumstances, but last night he was very...vocal. What a turn on. I always apply my mixes to the back of my neck. Last night my sweetie kept licking my application points. Which was also a big turn on. I'm going to buy another bottle of LP Original because it really enhances the LP LE with BI. I'm going to give this combo another go tonight. I think we have a winner here.

Last night I wore the LP LE with BI with a cover of LP Original, Sugared Honeycomb, and Amber Enchantment. You ladies have got to try this combo. I would have to say that the apricot is the strongest scent that I detect in the LE version and it was really strong on my skin even after dry down. The LP Original and AE sweetened it up quite nicely. The apricot was still there only softer. I added the Honeycomb for obvious reasons. The hubby was all over me. His exact worlds were "You smell like you want me to F**k you". Needless to say we went to bed at least an hour early. He was moaning and whispering my name. Of course he's a wild cat under normal circumstances, but last night he was very...vocal. What a turn on. I always apply my mixes to the back of my neck. Last night my sweetie kept licking my application points. Which was also a big turn on. I'm going to buy another bottle of LP Original because it really enhances the LP LE with BI. I'm going to give this combo another go tonight. I think we have a winner here.

Oh My! What a report.....

I get mostly apricot also.....still nice though.....my sweetie hasn't smelled it yet, but I'll see what his thoughts are next week......

Those of you who don't seem to be getting the whole experience as intended...are you shaking your bottles / vials? Please do! I know it's kind of hard to shake up a vial, but if you rotate it, end over end, you can succeed in mixing it up.

I'm utterly confounded now because there seems to be a bit of mixed reports on the LP phero LE version.

I don't think I had even a hint of vanilla in my LP LE version. I'll have to find the vial and check it again just to calm my own confusion.

I didn't get ANY vanilla with mine either and I was a-shaken my bottle. All I got was the fruitness and phero. Like I said, though, the next morning it had this incredibly wonderful powder-like smell to it. At that dry down rate, I would need to apply it the day before I realized I wanted to wear it. ^_^

The apricot note really popped out on me and the patchouli stayed the longest. When thinking of the other LP potions, this really gave me a good idea of the base of the scent. I went out to lunch and my server offered me a bowl of cherries for my order cherry coca-cola. And then I asked for extra mushrooms on my mushroom burger, he brought a small soup bowl full of them. The funny part is that the scent had died down by several hours and I don't know if the phero kept on going. When I go out to eat, I don't normally get such much attention from men.

Those of you who don't seem to be getting the whole experience as intended...are you shaking your bottles / vials? Please do! I know it's kind of hard to shake up a vial, but if you rotate it, end over end, you can succeed in mixing it up.

I used mine from my full bottle, and shook it up pretty well, since I knew it was a phero blend......still mostly apricot.....it's all good though.....

OK, even though I shook it last time, when I applied it this time, I shook the bottle for a good 20 seconds. Made sure it was THOROUGHLY stirred up in there. It DID make a difference.....not a huge one, as I still get a lot of apricot, but as it dried down, I got more of the other original LP notes this time.....I may order a trial size of the original in my next pkg (I used my last one up), just so I can sniff side-by-side.....

I've just ordered more of the LP Original to go with the enhanced version. The apricot scent IMO mellows with each application. All I have got to say is that I wore this over the weekend and now my back hurts because the hubby kept me on it so much. Twice on saturday and twice more on sunday. Fun times where had with LP LE BI. Yeah baby.

Countess - well now that's a positive report if I ever read one....

To give this one it's due on a by-itself trial, I wore it this weekend while out with DH and he definitely liked it. It was at first very softly apricot, then it went through the BI drydown and finally was a soft, slightly fruity scent. I knew I smelled lovely, and tried to hit on my reflection in a mirror a time or two...

It's a surprisingly dainty and light scent, I thought, for a Love Potion variant. Glad I have a bottle.

Countess you make me want to buy out the rest of the stock with results like that

did not try it yet - i think i better be careful and get a controled test going and not wear it out :wub:

2/14/09

Maybe i did not shake this enough - i did not get apricot or vanilla, i got sour grapefruit so i washed it off my hands and put on musky dusky lavendar

will have to do another try before i post what i think of this

Edited by knjsavy

I've just ordered more of the LP Original to go with the enhanced version. The apricot scent IMO mellows with each application. All I have got to say is that I wore this over the weekend and now my back hurts because the hubby kept me on it so much. Twice on saturday and twice more on sunday. Fun times where had with LP LE BI. Yeah baby.

:wub: Hehehe, AWESOME! I Cant wait to get a sample of this one, its enroute, hopefuly I will get it this week, although I think I will most likely be upgrading to a full bottle, this sounds AMAZING!!!

OH......

I need a bottle of this! I love it! It is (imho) even better than the original.......

Haven't tested it out with the boy yet, but as far as I know his tastes this will be a winner for him (and me!) too.

The apricot just doesnt like my skin. It just doesn't mesh with my skin chemistry at all. Even after dry down I get an odd smell not fruity and not cops either...just odd. :( Very sad.

But not on me, on others ( I had to grab my mom to test this). It is quite nice.

just wanting a review on this before i buy it :)

It's under the pheromone potion reviews.