Pithivier

luna65

AD-Pithivier.jpg

Pithivier

A decadent, romantic dessert of Baker's Vanilla, Chocolate & Almond pastry, with a syrupy jam of puréed berries and violets drizzled over top. Mmmmmm....will make you feel fabulously delicious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
CHOCOLATE~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
ALMOND ~ Fertility, stamina, masculine energy, business success, money, prosperity, wisdom, intuition, insight.
VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty, calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck and fortune, lust.
BLUEBERRY ~ Protection, communication, peace, calm.
MULBERRY ~ Luck, willpower. protection, strength.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All you violet lovers, I think you will really like this one, if the violet is as prevalent on you as it is on me. The gourmand notes are really there in the vial (wet stage) while after application it was more berry and violet. It's really interesting to have a combo like that with a sweet base, because I've tried a couple others in the past that were usually berry/violet/resin of some sort and they didn't work on me...but this does! After a while the gourmand base becomes sort of a skin scent to support those other elements. What I like most is that all of the other notes keeps the violet from going powdery on me.

And I have to say that this version of Pithivier sounds way more delicious than all the recipes I've found online!

And I have to say that this version of Pithivier sounds way more delicious than all the recipes I've found online!

OK so I was not the only one who looked up a recipe for the pastry....hehehe....

although pastry is way beyond my skill set.

Mmmm I have a love/hate relationship with violets. I can't wait to try this one!

Me too. I really enjoy the scent of violets, but most violet accords do not like me at all.

Heh, I'm not a baker either, although I have learned to make a few things for Quince, but they're very simple sweets. Luckily there are some lovely bakeries in my environs for when I want to get him a special treat. My son, on the other hand, is much easier...he's the Cookie Monster! :(

Recipe was from a fab French/Asian fusion restaurant. They take traditional desserts and mess with them in interesting ways...like making jam toppings out of fruit and flower mixtures.

Met a professional gourmet chef at a party last night, and he LOVED the smell of this one. :wub:

Very foody, for those that like that. Chocolate is the most dominate note on me. Not a cocoa butter chocolate, but dripping milk chocolate. The almond and vanilla are right there in the background. The chocolate is so amped on me that I can't smell the berries or violets in this. Oh wait... There they are. It takes about five to ten minutes, but give this one the time to bloom. Wonderful job.

I love this one! I get no chocolate at all (not complaining tho), but I get violets :blushing:

I do love my violets! On me this is similar to Body paint but with violets on top

:love: I'm so glad I got a bottle of this!

Oh this one likes my skin! Yay! In the vial I got slightly bitter chocolate, and I sighed. Not a big fan of smelling like chocolate. But on the skin, I don't get any chocolate at all. Just a lightly sweet florally scent - it's violet but dainty, not dark. A touch of creamy whipped baker's sugar, perhaps, and almost a lemony note.

I like this one a lot!

Editted b/c I looked at the description - ah! yes, almond. I am not a girl who likes a lot of almond but it really sets off the sweet violet here. Yum.

Edited by Pony

• 5 months later...

Wow, this is just delicious, like chocolate and blueberries :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co ...as I sniff further to pick out more, I get the sweet tartness of the mulberry, the creaminess of the vanilla and just a hint of almond. The violet isn't prominent, probably because I tend to amp sweet stuff, but it grounds the other notes in a beautiful, sexy way. So glad I got a sample, because I was initially unsure about chocolate and blueberries, but now I'm certain it's going to turn into a bottle!

Hmm....I tried this one last night. It is heavenly in the vial, but on me the foody parts just seemed to get eaten up by my skin and the floral component turned soapy. I will definitely try this one again though, because it smells so good wet.

• 1 month later...

I really like this one-- I may have to get a full bottle at some point. On me, the chocolate scent and berry scent vie for dominance, and I am pleased whichever one wins!

I haven't worn this in a while, but the other evening those sexy eyes caught my attention and I slathered some on for playtime.

<sigh> This is so very sexy edible. Sexible. And yet it manages to stay dainty.

• 1 month later...

Smells like heaven in the vial. On me it started with euphoria-inducing melty chocolate and a bit of almond. I seriously almost swooned. But after that settled down, the violet and berry came out and as usual for my skin, it turned the violet into a fake, almost plasticky smell. It made the whole thing smell "opaque", if that makes sense. Devastated, as this sounded like the world's most perfect possible combination. :( Up for trade.

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of the first ones to make my list of "to try". Just sounds lovely!

I was kind of leery of this on because of the Violet, but after reading the reviews, I tried this last night. Wow! I really like this! I get chocolate, vanilla & almond in the beginning.....it mellows to berries & then dries down to a nice berry & violet smell. I see another order in my future...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Whenever I try a scent with almond in it, I find that it tends to overpower everything else for the first ten minutes (not that I mind it, I like almond). No so here. In fact, I cannot detect any - the most prominent note by far is the chocolate, with a hint of violet in the background, and the blueberry progressively gaining in intensity during drydown.

I was hoping for a creamy, glistening purple scent, but the blueberry takes it in a matte blue direction (I apologize to all non-synesthetic readers, to whom this last sentence probably doesn't make any sense :)). Although Pithivier is quite nice, I feel it falls a little flat on my skin

• 4 months later...

Pithivier is another scent I may have to order another bottle of. The sweet, milky chocolate notes get amped on me and remains, although it bows in the first act and takes a supporting role thereafter, with the berries coming out to end the show with the full ensemble. I don't sniff any almond but I'll have to try and find it.

• 5 months later...

I wanted more of the chocolate and bakery from this than the berries and violet. My skin amps violet to a crazy level. Maybe cause I'm no shrinking violet? I did get a nice berry sweet aroma for a bit that was yummy, then the violet came in an stole the show.

I think this is a pretty and juicy spring scent. It has a like a berry floral garden feel to it. It feels very pretty and fresh. Like flowers that were just put in water and you decided to grab the jam and eat it with a spoon right there at the kitchen table.

• 2 months later...

I get the chocolate and violets in this, but somehow I don't like it. I'm coming to the conclusion that I actually don't like the smell of chocolate on my skin. Just doesn't suit me. I love to eat chocolate, but I think it's not a very "recognisable" scent on skin - unless I actually know it's chocolate I'm smelling, and consciously try to think of it as chocolate, it just comes off as weird. The violet isn't helping either for some reason. Maybe the almond note is putting me off as well, I'm deathly allergic to nuts so even the smell of them is gross to me.

Wait, you're trying perfumes with nut notes even though you are "deathly allergic"? I wouldn't do that, Syn!!!!! Are you also allergic to shea butter and things like that? Is it only if you eat the stuff? I want to make sure I don't send you anything dangerous!

Oh, don't panic Mara, I'm only allergic if I eat them or get them into a cut or something! And I wouldn't be silly enough to do either! I'm very careful, and in my experience products that actually contain nuts usually say so somewhere on the packaging, so I wouldn't use it if that were the case. Are you saying Pithivier has actual almonds in it?? I thought it was just a fragrance note? I don't know about shea butter, believe it or not I've never tried it.

Syn, our ingredients all have naturally derived elements, and the actual individual ingredients are considered trade secrets that do not need to be shared by the perfume oil manufacturers, by law. They need only say, 'FRAGRANCE". Yes, it's likely and probable that almond scented oils contain almond derivatives.

Once the fragrance is added to another product such as a body cream, the cream ingredients have to be exposed, (nut allergy warnings included), but the scent is still listed as "fragrance".

People with allergies to nuts can also have allergies to butters (many derived from nuts), and if someone is allergic to latex they are also allergic to shea butter.

It's all related, so I wanted to make sure we keep you safe.

Oh, that's good to know. Well don't worry, I'm sure these ingredients are in minute concentrations and would be really unlikely to cause serious harm. Some products have given me rashes before, so that may be why, but to be honest I'm allergic to a whole host of things so I'm quite used to trying things and discarding them if they give me a reaction. Worst case scenario is the occasional rash and I can deal with that, I have creams to treat it, anti-histamines on hand at all times, and as I said I'm used to discarding products that do that to me, so no biggie. Don't worry Mara - but thank you anyway for your concern :)

• 3 months later...

I'm test running Pithivie along with several others today so here goes...

First impression in bottle: Smells like a tootsie roll and something berry? On me: Funky sweet tootsie roll? Give it some time say half an hour or so and the violet steps forward, complemented by berries, and the tootsie roll chocolate takes a back seat. Florals are very strong on me for some reason and violet is a very dominant floral to start with but, as I sit here snuffling my arm, the berries are complimenting it very well but you better like violet for this to be a favorite. The almond is back in there somewhere but it hasn’t really come forward but neither has the vanilla. (I’m wondering if toward the end, like Tasty Tease, if it will go out with almond, vanilla goodness?)

Ok, it’s been another hour. Hmm. Violet. Sweet violet, but predominately violet.

Later still: Violet. BUT the berries sweeten it and that vanilla is finally coming through with some almond.

I’m not thinking this one is for me. Just personal taste. If you love violet then this would be a must have. I think I'm going to have to find this one a new home...

I gave this to a friend and she wore it yesterday and It smelled divine on her- but she didn't care for it LOL! So she's returning it to me and I'm going to give it another go. I can't believe how great it smelled on her..so jealous of her chemistry right now HAHAHAHA! But NOW I'm excited to get it back and give it another go!

• 1 year later...

AD-Pithivier.jpg

(pronounced - pit-tiv-ee-ay)

He’ll want to lick you from head to toe when he gets a whiff of Pithivier. Named for a rich, sinful French dessert, this scent combines elements of chocolate, vanilla and violet to make your love’s mouth water, along with blueberry and mulberry for protection, strength and good fortune. It’s rounded off with a whiff of almond to promote fertility and prosperity. Pithivier is a decadent, romantic and delicious dessert…and you will be, too. What you do with the whipped cream is entirely your decision.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfume-Pith.html

My First Time

From the bottle, I smell lots of chocolate! On my skin, I have no idea what's going on. Alas, my nose is not in the know of notes so I'm not entirely certain. Seemingly the berries and violet amped up on my skin. The fragrance does connote an expensive dessert. My goal was to smell like sweets today so I decided to give Pithivier a try. I went nutty and slathered top to bottom. I used Pithivier atop UN Cougar + Perfect Match and got delightful results at work. Everyone was joyous, lol - yes, joyous, due to the pheros.

The fragrance? Ummmm, not sure it's a winner on me. I did have Travis Stork following me around. There's one fella that could be Travis Stork's brother at the job y'all - looks like him a lot. Anyhow, he happened to walk by my desk and I heard a long deep inhale. He definitely knew it was me...confirmed by the fact he found reasons to interact several more times throughout our shift. He was phero'd + fragranced and taken with the combo. Others? I cringed a little because there was a bit of a sneeze fest near me. I don't think it was the pheros because I'm light of hand with applying. So, I believe I went a little too heavy on Pithivier. Yikes.

I got Pithivier from the Trades and this was my first time using it. First time slathering as well! I'm happy to have experienced both of these 'firsts.' Experience creates history which in turn creates precedence. My phero journey hasn't even begun compared to most here at LPMP. Can't wait to join the ranks. -I'll give this fragrance a few more tries before deciding its fate.

Edited by ComingUpRoses

• 1 year later...

Got a sample of this in a trade (Thanks McCreeps! :) ) and I freaking love this. I really dropped the ball on this one. I had dismissed this back in the day because of the whole chocolate thing, well that was really dumb of me because I barely even get chocolate in here. Its there wet, but as soon as it dries it's all violets and that 'real' blueberry note that I just love! This is delicious and spectacular and I'm sad that I was so dumb in 2009! Wah!!!

Oh well, if anything, I've learned that the combo of blueberries and violets is a win. Add a touch of almond and you have a PE in the makings! Maybe with a nice extract vanilla and some pink & white sugar...Mmmmmmm. At least I can do that! And watch the trades for this.

But if anyone comes across this one, I highly recommend it, it's super awesome. I thought it might be a bit like Tyvey's Wonderland,but it's really it's own animal. At least I have the sample!

ETA_It's a bit further into dry down now,bout two and a half hours, this is GLORIOUS! I am getting more vanilla and it's the kind from Sugared Vanilla Bean I think. It's a little boozy,but it doesn't overpower the other notes,its just wonderful! I am really kicking myself for missing out on this stuff! Grr!!

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 3 months later...

I normally hate violet (not sure why; I like eating the candy but not smelling like it, and I ALWAYS end up smelling like it). This is by far the most wearable and prettiest violet I have ever tried. I don't get a lick of almond which is great for me, the violet doesn't even hint at dusty treats, the chocolate is dense and realistic , and the berries brighten everything up.

Very yummy.