Phero Boy

I was the lucky winner of the November trivia contest here on the forum, and it was really hard to choose my prize from the October releases! After much testing I realized that Phero Boy was the one ... yes, it was designed for the men but I love the scent - fresh meadows, cool breezes, refreshing green and cool floral notes. I'd call this a unisex fragrance, although the pheromones are more male (androstenol and androsterone I believe).

Phero Boy makes me feel uplifted; I find myself laughing more, joking and taking things lightly, and it seems to have the same effect on the people around me. The scent lasted about 4 hours, shorter than most of the Love Potions perfumes I've tried, but the pheromone effect persisted beyond that time.

Well Carrie, I was afraid to try this one until I read your review yesterday...then? I couldn't resist! I have to agree, I like the clean scent...and enjoy feeling a bit more "up" myself as well. Wearing it today...I went out to lunch with "the guys". This is something I don't often do because well, I work with them all day and usually have had ENOUGH by the end of the week. However, we had a *great* time today (lots of laughing and joking)...no one seemed particularly uncomfortable around me, so I guess whatever affect the male pheromones have is not a negative one. Cool. Except now do I need to put another bottle on order?!

I was the lucky winner of the November trivia contest here on the forum, and it was really hard to choose my prize from the October releases! After much testing I realized that Phero Boy was the one ... yes, it was designed for the men but I love the scent - fresh meadows, cool breezes, refreshing green and cool floral notes. I'd call this a unisex fragrance, although the pheromones are more male (androstenol and androsterone I believe).

Phero Boy makes me feel uplifted; I find myself laughing more, joking and taking things lightly, and it seems to have the same effect on the people around me. The scent lasted about 4 hours, shorter than most of the Love Potions perfumes I've tried, but the pheromone effect persisted beyond that time.

That is a really interesting effect I hadn't considered! That a female wearing the men's pheros would be more easily accepted into a clique of men? Very interesting.

I wonder if some of the phero experts lurking around here would care to comment further?

I'm not a phero 'expert' just a phero user. But I use 'alpha-male' pheros a lot. For the record I am not using them to attract women - I'm heterosexual - but using them to achieve certain results. I've found there is a heck of a lot more benefits to cross-over than are at first apparent.

Here is one example. I have coated myself in androstenone (-none) before having to have confrontational, showdown meetings with my ex-alpha-male boss. For the record -none is a male pheromone that is often perceived as being intimidating and 'aggressive'. In the meeting my boss literally sat on his hands, stared at the floor and just agreed to everything. Which is HUGELY out of character as he is cantankerous and extremely domineering and controlling - especially when it came to me. He even tried to control who I associated with and spoke with.

Another example was playing with a mix of -none and copulins (cops are in Phero Girl) . People became what I can only explain as "fawning". It was, to be honest, a bit uncomfortable as I wore that mix socially. I think I will reserve it for meetings when I want to up my 'presence' and not get steam-rollered.

I think I should also explain that I am quite a forthright individual and in my 40s so the "I am scary woman, who eats men who patronise her for breakfast" vibe this type of pheros can impart doesn't seem as incongrous as it might on a younger, quieter woman. To be honest a lot of the more "girly" pheros make me feel quite irritable, I think it is because they don't sit well with my mind-set or personality and I feel like I am "disappearing".

Also, I work in a horrendously male-dominated enviroment, and my field has very few women. In short it is very much a boys' club with - to be frank - some real bullies in it. So, the -none tends to come out when I feel I am getting steam-rollered. And I tend to use it at very high doses -which is generally not advised, even for men. On men high-doses can make other men exposed to it very aggressive and even prone to violence as they try to out-alpha the wearer. It is also reported that younger women, and all women at certain stages in their cycle, can react extremely negatively to -none. Personally, I have yet to experience that. But there doesn't seem to be much research on women wearing it. Probably because male phero-users do seem to outnumber women phero-users. But the above is worth bearing in mind should you wish to try -none. For my part, I would never wear high-dose -none around people under the influence of alcohol, because that might up the risk of aggression/ violence.

I haven't used androsterone which is in Phero Boy but the Androstenols (especially alpha which is in Phero Boy), are fantastic for social encounters and upping the congeniality with men and women. I love those and their self-effects on me are marvellous, they make me feel upbeat, happy and generally bloomin' marvellous. I'd lay money on it being the Alpha Androstenol at work here.

Carrie might be able to give better input than me as I am still a bit of a newbie.

May

Edited by May

Fascinating stuff there, thanks for your input, May!

I am really appreciative of the education I have been receiving from the phero enthusiasts. :)

We are planning another round of Phero fragrances for release in January, (Valentine's Day and all that, y'know), and one of the things that our Phero Guru had suggested and we were going to do, was a mix of the Copulins and that "aggressive" pheromone that is also naturally present in females (in perhaps lower levels than men). We were thinking as a sexy personal-power blend. Go get your man, or kick some ass if you have to, kind of thing.

Any thoughts on the matter? What about for the scent? I was leaning towards building it around Japanese Cherry Blossoms, (Sakura), but I'm open to suggestions.

Is there a formula of Pheros that works on both sexes equally, perhaps as a mood lifter? I wouldn't mind capturing that effect you are enjoying in the Phero Boy, and maybe putting it into a deeply resinous incensey base.

Wow...this *is* fascinating stuff! Who knew such powerful tools were out there? I too, work in a male dominated field...the guys are *mostly* not aggro/alpha but they are not exactly in touch with their feminine sides either. They don't usually invite me to lunch, let alone share gossip, like they did today. I'm really leaning towards picking the phero boy up now.

Potion Master - wow, that Feb release sounds like a great idea! I think of sakura (with it's traditional Japanese cultural references etc.) as being a very "soft" flower/note. Whatever you back it with should have some "kick" to it, maybe? You know iron fist in the velvet glove... :) With it being a Valentine's release, notes of chocolate with chile? Sweet with a kick.

Fascinating stuff there, thanks for your input, May!

I am really appreciative of the education I have been receiving from the phero enthusiasts. :blink:

We are planning another round of Phero fragrances for release in January, (Valentine's Day and all that, y'know), and one of the things that our Phero Guru had suggested and we were going to do, was a mix of the Copulins and that "aggressive" pheromone that is also naturally present in females (in perhaps lower levels than men). We were thinking as a sexy personal-power blend. Go get your man, or kick some ass if you have to, kind of thing.

Any thoughts on the matter? What about for the scent? I was leaning towards building it around Japanese Cherry Blossoms, (Sakura), but I'm open to suggestions.

Is there a formula of Pheros that works on both sexes equally, perhaps as a mood lifter? I wouldn't mind capturing that effect you are enjoying in the Phero Boy, and maybe putting it into a deeply resinous incensey base.

Ooh more phero blends. I would love to see something along a mexican cocoa type of scent. Chocolate, cinnamon, light almond and spice and reminds me of high end chocolates also. LP Red and Black also work VERY well with pheromones so anything with that buttered rum like scent and resinous blend would be great. Looking forward to these new to be releases, my anniversary is Valentines day!

Jasmin's response over at Pherotalk:

Someone tell those wild women Danna and Mara to call me one of these days so we can all figure out what mix should go in their perfumes!

• 1 month later...

Just had to let y'all know I had to order a bottle of the Phero Boy for my ex b.f. - we're still pretty good friends... He *never* wore fragrance before I turned him onto natural single-note oils like amber or sandalwood. This is a HUGE step for him! :D I flipped him the sample vial a few weeks ago with no great expectations, but he totally surprised me by asking for me to buy him some more! He said it really gew on him. Way to go LPMP!!

• 3 years later...

Since PheroBoy is gone, what's the closest available now? Super Sexy for Men?

Let me clarify what I'm getting at. This is kind of veering off the original topic (PheroBoy) but I'm responding to some of what was mentioned in this thread.

I'm pondering on what will give me a little more sociability but gravitas at work. I want to project an image of "I'm nice because I choose to be, but don't push me" to my female boss. This woman is literally on psych meds to control her mercurial moods and try to make her tolerable by other people. I don't know what all she is on, but this type of person wears a normal person out by the end of the day, but upper management loves her because she gets the job done. And not just my image to her, but in general I want to project "nice but don't push me" to everybody, and have a mood-elevating effect as mentioned. May's comments above resonate a lot with me. Plus I play racquetball with a bunch of guys, so something that projects friendliness, mood-elevating, and fun-loving might be beneficial in that social situation. In that situation, I want to decrease female sex appeal and just be "one of the boys".

So I started thinking a mix of Alpha-Androstenone and Alpha-Androstenol might be something to investigate. Here are some choices from LP:

"UNscented Pheromone Blend for Men: MVP

An Alpha-Social mix for men, excellent for work AND for play! The uplifting, friendly attitude of Alpha-Androstenol leads the way - for popularity and making the wearer the center of attention, with a balanced blend of Androsterone and Androstenone beneath, for a clearly masculine signature that gives off sexy and powerful alpha-male and respect signals, while lifting the mood of those around the wearer." (which androstenone is it in this? alpha or beta?)

"CHARISMA UNscented pheromone blend for Men contains the following pheromones: Androstenone, Androstenol, and Androsterone.

These are the three pheromones naturally excreted by a healthy adult male. What makes our CHARISMA blend more effective than other products containing these ingredients, is that the ratio of each pheromone in this blend is biologically identical to that excreted in nature - it's the exact natural biological ratio, just greatly amplified. This is important to note because when pheromones are blended incorrectly, they can send a chemical message to the brain that simply does not compute - such as a uniquely feminine pheromone being worn by a man or vice versa - a person on the receiving end of the chemical message may simply be turned off, because it doesn't make sense to the instinctive part of our brains. The advantage of using this biologically identical ratio is that the human brain accepts the chemical message without question. It's the same as nature, but greatly amplified, so that the wearer quite simply comes across as 'more than' the next guy. More charismatic, more attractive, more powerful, sexier... you're a Super Man, and by comparison, he's Elmer Dudd. "

"UNscented Pheromone Blend: DOMINANCE POTION - for Women

A sexual attraction potion for women with a clearly alpha signature. Let 'em know who's boss! This blend can be helpful in the boardroom, as well as in the bedroom. Contains a blend of Alpha-Androstenol, Beta-Androstenone and Alpha-Androstenone. "

I probably ought to try Dominance for Women and not dabble with the ones for men. Except that the percentages of each pheromone are going to be different in each of these mixes, so which to choose? I suppose I'm asking based on your experiences, since we really don't know the exact ratios for me to make a decision based on that.

Edited by Darbla

I would say maybe Leather would be a little more effective if you want "nice" to be part of the equation. Dominance, IMO, is for when you want to bring the don't fuck with me alpha vibe and some guys are turned on by that but it's definitely serious.

I would say maybe Leather would be a little more effective if you want "nice" to be part of the equation. Dominance, IMO, is for when you want to bring the don't fuck with me alpha vibe and some guys are turned on by that but it's definitely serious.

I thought about that, but I'm not sure Estratetreanol is what I need. It seems too feminine for my goals here. It seems TOO nice.

Phero Boy had only Androsterone and Androstenone, but the description from the archive of sold-out potions doesn't state whether those are alpha- or beta- types. The description with Dominance states it is a blend of Alpha-Androstenol, Beta-Androstenone and Alpha-Androstenone. Neither the MVP nor Charisma descriptions state whether their Androstenone and Androsterone are alpha- or beta-. So it's perplexg figuring out if any of the current LP offerings would work the same way Phero Boy did. I don't want to assume something and find out I'm wrong at $80 / bottle (I usually buy 2x strength in the alcohol)!

Those ultra alpha blends may just confuse people though. So yeah they'll be staying away, but it may be because they're subconsciously like "WTF"? I say Dominance or B2.

I was thinking B2 at first as well, but I tend to think that's too nice for what Darbla wants. The best thing would be to ask Mara directly what formula is the closest to the combination used for Phero Boy.