Sugared Cream

mountainwitch

Y'know that creamy white filling in the middle of those horribly-bad-for-you and insanely tasty little snack cakes you get from the convenience store? The ones with the names like yo-yos and hoo-hahs and stuff? Mmmmm. Save yourself the empty calories and have a whiff of this instead! YUM!

Wow, this really does smell exactly as promised. That sugary white stuff--seriously, it reminds me of the cream in a little sandwich cookie. How does a fragrance manage to convey something like texture? Seriously, this is not a "gooey creamy" or a "liquid creamy" fragrance, if that makes any sense. It's sweet and sugary, a fun combo for things like Sugared Berries and dark chocolate/coffee-type fragrances too.

Wow, this really does smell exactly as promised. That sugary white stuff--seriously, it reminds me of the cream in a little sandwich cookie. How does a fragrance manage to convey something like texture? Seriously, this is not a "gooey creamy" or a "liquid creamy" fragrance, if that makes any sense. It's sweet and sugary, a fun combo for things like Sugared Berries and dark chocolate/coffee-type fragrances too.

Heheheheh. All of those delicious fillings are made with hydrogenated coconut oil, so the secret to reproducing that 'texture' was a tiny hint of coconut! ;)

• 1 year later...

There's something truly intoxicating about this. At first I'm reminded a bit of cocoa butter or chocolate liquor, just a chocolaty something found in a high-quality candy bar. From there, it becomes a delicate sugar with faint floral overtones. Doesn't make me think of cookie cream middles - no, more like icing sugar, but not even completely that. Just a singular sweetness with a fine touch that makes me glad I traded for it! Will need some reapp, but I don't mind.

There's something truly intoxicating about this. At first I'm reminded a bit of cocoa butter or chocolate liquor, just a chocolaty something found in a high-quality candy bar. From there, it becomes a delicate sugar with faint floral overtones. Doesn't make me think of cookie cream middles - no, more like icing sugar, but not even completely that. Just a singular sweetness with a fine touch that makes me glad I traded for it! Will need some reapp, but I don't mind.

So does it smell like the middle of Twinkies or like the icing sugar on a warm cinnamon roll??

Darn..I am feeling for some dessert now...You ladies are evil (hehe)..I don't need the extra calories....argh!!!

• 2 years later...

This smells really good. It smells like new toys. It has a pleasant plasticky smell, not like that yucky plastic smell. You know like those dolls that you could turn into cupcakes. Something like that! I wish I could get more of this.

This smells really good. It smells like new toys. It has a pleasant plasticky smell, not like that yucky plastic smell. You know like those dolls that you could turn into cupcakes. Something like that! I wish I could get more of this.

What a perfect description! I know exactly what you are talking about- a new doll smell like the My Little Pony or Strawberry Shortcake ones that smell so sweet but with a bit of plastic- but it's not bad- like if you melted your My Little Pony and a Orange Hostess in your EZbake Oven! Something about this scent screams toys and 50/50 bars to me and I love it!