NOX 2009

Dolly

I am a fan of the original, deep dark NOX.....and this one, while a little different, does not disappoint! If the original NOX was too dark for you, try this one.....it is very dark when first applied, but sweetens and lightens through drydown. It is absolutely lovely, and although a little sweeter than the original, it could be worn by both males and females.

It reminds me of the remake of Blood Martini, which is one of my faves also, so I am SO GLAD I got a full bottle! Since NOX is one of my best relaxing, sleepy-time scents (I love both the scent AND the protection aspect), I may need a couple more bottles to hoard....

It is absolutely lovely, and although a little sweeter than the original, it could be worn by both males and females.

Usually when I am testing out all my new scents, my 15 yr old son is gagging and telling me what kind of headache he has LOL...but today, he caught a whiff of NOX09 and said 'mmm...that smells good, what is it? Can I have it?' So apparently I have lost my brand new bottle. :(

Its okay, I guess...I don't think this one is for me, at least not at first. Its too dark and...I want to say "woody" smelling? Maybe I'll sneak it away from my son and try it again later.

The original NOX is one of my favorite scents, so I was hesitant to try the remake (mostly afraid that it wouldn’t be as good). It is subtly different from the original. It is not a sweet and a little sharper. I love it. It is just different enough to justify having this one as well as the original. I love the new sharper edge in this one.

DH tried this, as NOX is one of his favorites (playfully called X-On, due to his dislexia reading the bottle early one morning...so this one we called Valdez).

Oh NOX 2009 is very very lovely. As mentioned above, has a sharper, higher note. A clear ringing note that was absent in the original. DH put some on and then we went outside to do some fall cleanup - as he warmed up the scent wafted everywhere and drove me nuts...so beautiful and sexy.

The throw on this lasted all evening - he filled the room with the scent, and it even lingered on his wrist the next morning. Definitely worth it's own bottle, as it is a sister to the original with a character of its own.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I've had a chance to wear the '09 NOX, I take back what I said earlier. The new version has a deeper richer berry evocation to it, whereas the original was more resinous. My skin eats the '09, sadly. I think the '09 is a lovely construction, but the original seems to work better with my chemistry.

omg, this stuff is da bomb. i loved it for the smell alone at first, then saw the magic effects too. in the bottle, i smelled berries, but on my skin it became more resinous and made me feel all mysterious...like i just came from a stone altar in the woods...haha. but, as i was letting it absorb, i hoped it would protect me from some of the drama i've been going through at work. well, other lps ('specially those with pheros) get me people's attention, but today it was quite the opposite. i was even in the same room with someone and his heart skipped a beat when i made a noise, he said he didn't even see me there. CREEPY...but cool!

The new NOX is one of my favorites. I loved it at first sniff. I had never tried the old version, but was lucky enough to get some in a trade this week. The old version makes me think of something "ancient", like touring old churches or castles. The new one has more berries, and I agree with Robert that it also has a mysterious quality. I can't decide which one I like better....they're both great!

• 7 months later...

I wore NOX 2009 yesterday, and am wearing the original NOX this evening, and I must say, I love them both! They both are very soothing to me, very calming and peaceful.

They are two of my favorite "just for me" scents.....I absolutely adore them.....they are so much "just for me" scents, that I don't think I have ever let my man even sniff them....all mine mine MINE.....I have a few like that, though......ones that are purchased for me and just for me.

• 4 months later...

I ordered Nox and am awaiting its arrival. I am hoping this one translates well on my skin because it sounds sooooo beautiful. Will post again once it arrives and let you know!

I ordered Nox and am awaiting its arrival. I am hoping this one translates well on my skin because it sounds sooooo beautiful. Will post again once it arrives and let you know!

You and I seem to have pretty similar likes and dislikes as far as scents, and I think that if it reacts on your skin the way it does on mine, you will LOVE it!

Hey there Dolly,

You're right, we do seem to gravitate to the same fragrance types. I SO wanted this one to work on me, but alas it did not work well with mt chemistry. I had never tried the original Nox. but guess I expected this to be MUCH darker than it is. My skin needs really "dark" or it just seems to neutralize or turn icky powdery and do all kinds of crazy things.

What I am getting on my skin, quickly turns to a fruity cough medicine type scent (just in time for cold and flu season!) then it just kinda fades out to not much at all. On me, this one disappears FAST.

So many lovely descriptions of this one, that I must deem it to be my skin and not the fragrance, but definitely not a happening for me. Keep watching people, since I will likely be putting this one up for sale or trade ;)

Hey there Dolly,

You're right, we do seem to gravitate to the same fragrance types. I SO wanted this one to work on me, but alas it did not work well with mt chemistry. I had never tried the original Nox. but guess I expected this to be MUCH darker than it is. My skin needs really "dark" or it just seems to neutralize or turn icky powdery and do all kinds of crazy things.

What I am getting on my skin, quickly turns to a fruity cough medicine type scent (just in time for cold and flu season!) then it just kinda fades out to not much at all. On me, this one disappears FAST.

So many lovely descriptions of this one, that I must deem it to be my skin and not the fragrance, but definitely not a happening for me. Keep watching people, since I will likely be putting this one up for sale or trade ;)

aww, that's too bad. i LOVE nox! it totally makes for a nice, deep sleep..which is great for me, because i occaisonally get sleep paralysis accompanied with hypnagogic hallucinations. :(

aww, that's too bad. i LOVE nox! it totally makes for a nice, deep sleep..which is great for me, because i occaisonally get sleep paralysis accompanied with hypnagogic hallucinations. ;)

Thanks Robert! Good to know for sure. I have a really hard time sleeping. I am a night owl, but deep sleep eludes me and a VERY active dream life which keeps me waking up. Get this , last night I dreamed I was in Florida w/ William S. Burroughs and we were talking and he took out his pipe, reached in his pocket to take out a lighter which turned out to be some sort of hand gun and he just kept talking and gesticulating with his hands while he spoke. I was half fascinated w/ listening to him ( he's one of my faves) and half terrified that the gun would go off. It was a trip alright and this was one of my MILD and happy dreams!

I will seriously give this a try. Thanks again!

Thanks Robert! Good to know for sure. I have a really hard time sleeping. I am a night owl, but deep sleep eludes me and a VERY active dream life which keeps me waking up. Get this , last night I dreamed I was in Florida w/ William S. Burroughs and we were talking and he took out his pipe, reached in his pocket to take out a lighter which turned out to be some sort of hand gun and he just kept talking and gesticulating with his hands while he spoke. I was half fascinated w/ listening to him ( he's one of my faves) and half terrified that the gun would go off. It was a trip alright and this was one of my MILD and happy dreams!

I will seriously give this a try. Thanks again!

well, your mileage may vary, but it always makes me sleep better if i slather it on before bed. i have an erratic sleeping schedule due to my retail job (closing shift one day/opening shift the next or maybe a long shift if it's a holiday weekend ;) )

• 2 years later...

A friend sent me this - thank you Loki ^_~ and then I HAD to get a FB!

I would never have thought - hmm, berries and resins, bet they would be yumtastic...."

But that ARE! They are VERY YUMTASTIC! It starts out all berry sweet and scrumptious (which I admit is my most favorite part!) but in a half hour to an hour they take a back seat to the resins and even the sweetened resins smell fantastic!

This one was a completely unexpected SURPRISE WIN. I. Can't. Stop. Huffing... :w00t:

Slathered this today just for myself because it's so scrumptious! I got a "Ooooo, is that you that smells like potpourri?" from one woman. :smiley-laughing024: I would LOVE for my house to smell of potpourri if it smelled like Nox!