FADE TO BLACK

Dolly

AD-FadeBlack_.jpg

Fade to Black

She was the very essence of enigma: her secrets would reveal themselves only within the space of her embrace, for the one willing to walk within her veiled aura. She was the darkness longing for the light, but only one flame could pierce her mystery…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric, aphrodisiac, healing, spirituality, exorcism.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty, love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
OAK ~ Masculine/projective energy, endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, heroism.
WALNUT ~ Leaves promote fertility, carry nuts to delay pregnancy, wishes granted, strengthens the heart, enhancement of mental powers, dark earthly powers.
TEAK ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
PECAN ~ Success, wealth, prosperity.
AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
BLACK MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
CARMELIZED BROWN SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OH MY GAWD! I AM IN HEAVEN!!

If you like deep and woodsy scents, you will LOVE this one!! I bought two bottles unsniffed, and just went and picked up two more, this time amped with Leather!

I don't get much sugar that is noticeable as sugar, but there is a very distinct faint sweetness amidst the woods.....I get some vetiver (which I love), some resinousness, and some muskiness in the background.....and TONS of woods.....this is absolutely gorgeous! VERY WELL DONE LADIES!!!

OH MY GAWD! I AM IN HEAVEN!!

If you like deep and woodsy scents, you will LOVE this one!! I bought two bottles unsniffed, and just went and picked up two more, this time amped with Leather!

I don't get much sugar that is noticeable as sugar, but there is a very distinct faint sweetness amidst the woods.....I get some vetiver (which I love), some resinousness, and some muskiness in the background.....and TONS of woods.....this is absolutely gorgeous! VERY WELL DONE LADIES!!!

As this one dries down, it becomes even MORE beautiful, if that is possible! It reminds me a bit of Carpe Noctum, except that my skin is not drinking it like it did CN.....

Isn't this awesome?? I'm going to be getting a bottle, and maybe a beta...not sure which phero to add. This will definitely be a "non-work" scent for me.

AWESOME is an understatement.....truly, I am over the moon for this one! I knew I would love it, and that's why I bought two, unsniffed.....when I smelled it, the hoarder in me kicked in!! I hope 4 bottles will be enough!

On me this is deep dark sugary resins and woods...OMFG SO GOOD!! The brown sugar note is in the background but it's definitely present, and it makes everything so mmmm. Again, I totally nailed it with darkly lurid and lickable.

On me this is deep dark sugary resins and woods...OMFG SO GOOD!! The brown sugar note is in the background but it's definitely present, and it makes everything so mmmm. Again, I totally nailed it with darkly lurid and lickable.

Yep, you really nailed it on that one!

It is soooo goood! I haven't been able to stop smelling myself all day!!

I got a sample of this today, hoping I would love it, but...nope. Something in it has a "dirt" smell when I wear it. In the vial its ok, but once its on, I got a lot of comments about it smelling 'muddy' or 'dirty'. I get the same thing from Shadow Dance; what ingredient do they have in common?

UPDATE:

This scent has amazing staying power! When I woke up this morning, I could still smell it on my skin.....YUM! Glad I have more bottles coming!

One more squee (now that I have my own bottle coming to me)...OMG I LUV DIS LIEK BURNING!!!11

(thus, requiring the use of capslock)

For me the vetiver and black musk really lend the impression of totally charred wood and resin and sugar, like completely burnt, and I told y'all I like to burn my cookies, heh. It's like Sugared Bonfire on steroids.

:D

One more squee (now that I have my own bottle coming to me)...OMG I LUV DIS LIEK BURNING!!!11

(thus, requiring the use of capslock)

For me the vetiver and black musk really lend the impression of totally charred wood and resin and sugar, like completely burnt, and I told y'all I like to burn my cookies, heh. It's like Sugared Bonfire on steroids.

:D

THATS what I was smelling that I couldn't quite put my finger on......the burnt smell.....this scent is fab!

Dolly, you know how much I rely on your descriptive praises for all my LP purchases. :) I love that our chemistry and tastes are so similar. I think I'll score a bottle of this...if you haven't hoarded it all yet. ;)

Dolly, you know how much I rely on your descriptive praises for all my LP purchases. :) I love that our chemistry and tastes are so similar. I think I'll score a bottle of this...if you haven't hoarded it all yet. ;)

Yeah, too bad we don't live closer to each other......then we could share!! I think you'll really like this one.....and if you hurry, there just MIGHT be some left....teehee......

Holy heavenly resin. This one is basically as if you took the deepest, darkest, stickiest resins you could possibly find and caramelized them in brown sugar. It's just so gorgeously dark and devilishly decadent! The vetiver and black musk add to the mystery but don't overpower the resins (sometimes I will amp vetiver to the point of it getting manly, but not here). It's very, VERY me!

I wasn't expecting to like this one because I don't do well with deep resins or woodsy scents... But I really liked it. In the vial & on initial application it was very much like LP Black, but after drydown it changed to a rich & just slightly dark brown sugar ;) Absolutely lush!

But after half an hour or so it's all gone! My skin has totally eaten it all up, there's nothing left :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

I wasn't expecting to like this one because I don't do well with deep resins or woodsy scents... But I really liked it. In the vial & on initial application it was very much like LP Black, but after drydown it changed to a rich & just slightly dark brown sugar :) Absolutely lush!

But after half an hour or so it's all gone! My skin has totally eaten it all up, there's nothing left :)

That's what my skin did with Carpe Noctum....it loved it so much that it couldn't get enough and wanted me to apply more!!

This is totally amazing! Dark & woodsy but sticky sweet also. This is definitely a full bottle purchase. I'm wondering at this point how it would layer with SWB....

• 7 months later...

I loveee this scent! It's so dark and deep and sweet at the same time. I can't stop smelling myself! The sweetness keeps it from being too dark, but it isn't candy sweet. First time I wore it I could smell the brown sugar a lot more, but now I'm smelling the woods. Anything else similar to this?

OCCO/NoCo Black is probably the closest thing there is to this scent available.

Whoa, NoCo Black smells similar to Fade to Black? By a syncronous event I was wearing the last of the sample I'd gotten today. I'd forgotten how much I liked the scent and was wishing I'd gotten a big bottle.

I believe they have a similar vibe, although Black does not contain vetiver or woods.

Well, they have a similar "vibe", they are very different according to my skin chemistry.....because of the vetiver and woods.....Fade to Black on me is woodsy and dark.....almost smoky......I don't get that from OCCO/NoCo......not at all. OCCO is much sweeter on me.....it may just be my skin's chemistry, mind you......but, that's what I get......

Well sure, OCCO Black wouldn't have a burnt characteristic to it at all. I was just thinking in terms of what the darkest sweetest resin blend would be after FTB, and that's the closest one, I believe. But it's all a matter of perception for certain.

This started out like LP Black and after drydown it reminds me of MRF. I'll need to check tomorrow morning if it 'stains' my skin like MRF BI.

The good news is that FTB does not 'stain' my skin like MRF BI and OCCO Gold do. I'm so happy that I have more more scent to play with!

• 2 months later...
I was worried this might be too dark for me, but I wanted to try it because of the MRF comparison. Thankfully, this was not too dark for me at all. It smells just like Teddy Man 2 on me, which isn't a bad thing because I like that one. :D

I LOVE Fade To Black. On me it is a very dark scent which I really like. Also attracts a lot of positive attention which is always a great thing.

• 4 months later...

Wearing this one today, and happy to report that it has aged beautifully......it is smooth and rich, and full smelling. Absolutely lovely. Glad I still have 2 bottles.....one boosted and one straight-up!

And I see that there are still a few bottles available everybody!

Edited by Dolly

'Fade To Black' is such a lovely dark scent. It melts with my skin and becomes so soft and a bit sweet yet very dark. I had put my trial vial aside and forgot about it. Today I took it out as I feel very dark because I lost my boyfriend to another woman. :) It hurts a lot, so I try to comfort myself with a lovely scent.

'Today I took it out as I feel very dark because I lost my boyfriend to another woman. :EVB7BC~18: It hurts a lot, so I try to comfort myself with a lovely scent.

lots and lots of hugs to you snowflake :) :) :Hug_emoticon: :Hug_emoticon: :Hug_emoticon:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Bumbob and JOC, you are so sweet. :ferret6: :ferret6:

You know, if those things happen, it really hurts, it's like falling into a deep hole, as if all good memories and dreams just burst like a soap bubble. But, life is like that.

'Fade To Black' is such a lovely dark scent. It melts with my skin and becomes so soft and a bit sweet yet very dark. I had put my trial vial aside and forgot about it. Today I took it out as I feel very dark because I lost my boyfriend to another woman. :lol: It hurts a lot, so I try to comfort myself with a lovely scent.

Awww! I'm sorry to hear that. How about some retail therapy LP style? (enable)

Seriously, sending you warm hugs.

Awww! I'm sorry to hear that. How about some retail therapy LP style? (enable)

Seriously, sending you warm hugs.

Thank you so much; Raq On. It's indeed a good idea to get new LP's when you are down. My latest order is on its way, hope the wonderful perfumes will arrive soon and brighten my day :D

• 11 months later...

I had to post this because it cracked me up. My Fiance told me I smelled like the Ren Faire when I was wearing a sniffie of this the other day. She thought it smelled just like when we go to the Ren Faire in Bristol, Wisconsin. Must not have been too bad of a smell because she snuggled right into me after sniffing it.

• 1 month later...