Trianon-Esque

Invidiana

AD-Trianon_.jpg

Trianon-Esque

As soft as the delicate muslin dresses she favored – though some would say they were decidedly less than regal – as rich as those fragrances it was said she preferred, her scent commanding friends, enemies, lovers and rivals alike…a tribute to the original creation of Jean-Louis Fargeon: the famed fragrance Trianon and the woman for whom it was created, Marie-Antoinette. A decadent floral with touches of warmth, recalling that most infamous of royalty…iris, jasmine, rose and orange blossom upon a luxurious base of sandalwood and musk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
IRIS ~ Friendship, faith, wisdom, valor and promise; purification, resurrection.
ORANGE BLOSSOM ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
TULIP ~ Love, perfection, protection, prosperity.
ROSE ~ Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
INDIAN JASMINE (MOGRA) ~ Self-confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
MYSORE SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
CIVIT, MUSKARO, TONQUIN & CANTON MUSKS ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Forgive the subtitle straight off the Marie Antoinette soundtrack; I love that movie and adore the costumes and scenery. Whenver I think of the classic perfumes of past eras though, ridiculously strong florals come to mind. Now I know the note list may appear to scream "screeching floral" at you but this is in no way even remotely one of those. Jasmine and rose are my two biggest floral fears and there is not one trace of dry sharpness or cat pee in this. It's a soft, lush, sexy floral, exotic and sensual, with those qualities complemented beautifully and heightened by the sandalwood and musk. For anyone afraid of rose, there is no sharp and dry "old lady rose" here, just dewy sugared rose petals. The honey adds just the right dose of sweetness to top it all off. I love how evocative this is of luxury and opulence of old Versailles without veering into suffocating territory as many of the actual perfumes people wore in that age must have. It's a gorgeous modern interpretation.

A lovely floral scent! It almost smells like lilac to me (which I love), but I'm hardly an expert. I slathered it on, but it isn't overpowering at all. Very fresh and pleasant.

Oh and I say "almost" because I don't know what many flowers smell like, and lilacs aren't on the list of ingredients. Hmm.. on closer inspection (closer sniff?) I think I can detect rose and ... some kind of lily? *re-checks list* Ah, no lily. I'm no good at this. But anyway, it's a lovely scent.

Edited by Kovvy

I love this and I usually avoid the heavy florals! This isn't heavy at all, and it doesn't read "floral" on me, either. I grabbed another sample...wasn't sure about a full bottle, but I wanted enough on hand for a generous slathering.

This was a huge hit with both myself and DH. Not a big booming floral, but a diaphanous veil of a scent. The traditional florals are just slightly tempered with the base sandalwood (not usually a favorite of mine but it behaves itself here) and a tiny touch of musk.

Just a gorgeous dreamy summer floral. Two thumbs up.

• 10 months later...

Getting a bottle, FINALLY! Been meaning to get a big bottle of this one like forever,

but always would either end up getting something else, or some other b.s. going on that prevented it, well this is it, Iam getting myself a big bottle of this lovley! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Oh, this is so YUM!!! :banana006: :banana105: :banana006: Mara sent a sniffie with my recent order, and I LOVE it! On my skin, it has a similar feel to Dagmar's Power Flower--I was wearing both yesterday--but it has a different cast to the blend. For me, Trianon-Esque IS a huge floral, but that's *most excellent!* And here it is, about 15 hrs later, and I can still smell a lingering caress of it on top of my wrist. SWOON! I'm going to go put a bottle in my cart. :020105~21:

• 4 weeks later...

Loved this fragrance....It is truly sophisticated, a floral fragrance fit for a queen...

I think its elegant and it gives a youthful vibe...This is a scent for a young, classy lady...

I tried it alone for a couple of days and yesterday I tried it with Sexology II. I found that the heavy honey in Sexology fades a lot with Trianon-Esque...Mixed, they become intriguing and sexier...

• 7 months later...

I'm re-testing this, as I want to add some florals to my collection. I had a sniffie of it, and I think I smelled it in the vial, and then put it in the "swap", since florals usually aren't my thing.

So today I put some on the back of my wrist. Wet, it is primarily jasmine. It doesn't take long to settle down though, and while I don't know that I will get a bottle, I think I will keep the sniffie :)

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is the scent that got me hooked!

It's definitely sweet and floraly, but not too sweet (I don't care for overly-sugary sweet scents). It's also slightly baby-powdery on me, but oh so lovely. Definitely get the most of the jasmine and perhaps musk. I think this smells a lot like how honeysuckles taste, if that makes any sense... Definitely gonna get the full sized bottle :)

• 10 months later...

This one was a very sophisticated floral in the bottle. It smelled really pretty when wet. I think I like this floral a lot more than Betrothal Potion on. I asked someone what this smells like and they said "White Linen by Estee Lauder". I think musks really agree with me or something. Trianon-esque smells so wonderful and inviting. It is like Love Potion Gold in that you have to get closer to really smell it. Its that delicate - at least on my skin, but it does get out there better than Love Potion Gold. I really like this one. Its floral, deep, delicate, and dare I say - sexy. I think this is my first Love Potion fragrance that smells sexy/sensual to me.

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Please tell me this is breezes from an English garden, warmed by the sun after a spring shower. Absolutely terrified of anything lily-type floral. Rose, if it goes more apple/less antique, is great. Once florals venture into the tenor section, I get a raging headache. I am hoping for fresh and clean with sheer musk standing in for the warmth of the sun.

Wendylynne, I've worn this one a few times recently and really enjoy it, so I'll attempt a description for you: I don't get any lily type scent from it, and even though it has rose in it, it's not an actual rose scent at all to me. I also would not describe it as being at all like your desired "breezes from an English garden, warmed by sun after spring rain".

To me this is an old-style perfume, straight out of a former century. It has a soft warmth and honeyed sweetness, with the orange blossom being the most recognisable flower presence for me. It is quite a light scent, but I wouldn't use the terms "fresh" or "clean" for it. Not that it's stale or dirty, not at all, just that it makes me feel like I'm sitting at an old fashioned dressing table, surrounded by genuine antique lady's pots and powders and potions, brushing my hair with a silver hairbrush by candlelight. It definitely conveys an "olde worlde" atmosphere. Also, the musk, while not particularly heavy, is not sheer, as it contains the types of musk that were popular in those times, like civit. Now, I am afraid of civit, it can smell too sexual or slightly reminiscent of urine to me at times. That hasn't happened in this one for me, but it does have a slightly sharp twinge to it, which is largely balanced out by the softer ingredients, but still there.

I would definitely describe this one as more alto than tenor, if that helps. It hasn't been headache inducing for me.

Edited by vladmyra

To me this is an old-style perfume, straight out of a former century.

Given that it was based on a fragrance originally created for Marie Antoinette, that's exactly what it is.

• 2 months later...

This is a really *pretty*, light, polished, & elegant delight! On me this has a bit of a clean and powdery aura to it.

Initial stage: The orange blossom & jasmine really jump through. Many perfumers try to encapsulate mogra (Indian jasmine) but the result is usually sooo strong & laden that it turns into something much heavier & opaque. Mogra originally is *light*, a bit effervescent. This fragrance captures it beautifully.

Second stage: The sandalwood peaks through. On my skin, sandalwood almost always takes on a sweet and soapy quality. And it does so here as well which I think lends the scent the clean and powdery feel. The musk(s) comes forward just in time to round out the scent and anchors it.

Third stage: I've come to realize that my skin amps honey (which I have started to enjoy). So after some time what lingers is a honey scent with florals peaking through & it's what remains throughout most of the day/wear.

There is definitely a refined, blue-blooded, stately ambience to this. This scent plays cool & regal. I enjoy it!

Edited by BelleDuJour

• 8 months later...

I have no idea how this dries down because my sniffle punched my nose out and sent a nail through my skull.

The bad thing is that it keeps showing up in my home. I need a restraining order.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

I wore this the other night. It's beautiful! Very regal. I love that it's based on a perfume made for Marie Antoinette, too. I love historical stuff like that. 

This is such a pretty floral. I like it a lot.

ETA: PS--I agree the civet is very mellow. I couldn't even really detect it until the next morning, and it was still very light. It just happened to be the most lasting scent.

Edited by Lainey