The Lovers

Beccah

The Lovers

Embody the spirit of the truth and the life of human love: the innocence and the ecstasy inherent in the Feminine Mysteries. Man and Woman find their attainment each to the other in a blessed paradise of tempting delights.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
PLUM ~ Inspires & maintains love, protects dwelling against evil and intrusion.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright this one is deep, dark, incensy, & sexy! Think lyrics to Super Freak: "Incense, wine, & candles." This is the fragrance evocation to me. If you like Turn On or Raven's Secret Weapon then you'll like this one for some ba-chicky-wawa.

I agree, deep and dark. The fruit add just enough sweetness. I kept finding myself sniffing my wrist all evening. As it wore off, it left a light sandalwoody scent with a light fruit smell. MMMMM!!!

You know, it kinda reminds me of a perfume my mom wore in the 80s, either Passion or Poison.

This is similar to Remind me again. The lovers is def. not as dusty, it is also a lighter version! I really like it!!!!! :)

My skin tends to AMP sandalwood, so on me i get sandalwood + musk! Not so much of the plum and apricot!!!! :):):)

6 hours after application... a very faint sandalwood scent :) Lovely :):):)

Edited by bumbob

I liked Remind me Again, and was getting really nice compliments when wearing it. My skin amps sandalwood and musks too, bumbob, soI glad you like it! (this means I'll like it too!! :lol: )

Heehee :) Im going to try it a few more times :party: Its not a scent i can wear everyday.. i might even try adding rose scent ontop of the lovers to see what it will turn out like! Coz Remind me again has the Rose element in! :):):)

Unfortunately, this is way too heavy & cloying on me. I had to struggle just to give it the required 20 mins to dry down. Still too heavy. Washed it off. Another for the trade pile.

I was worried at first to wear this, as it seemed even too incensey in the vial, but on my skin I immediately amped the fruits, so I got a fruity sweet incense, kind of like...a lush fruit garden in a temple, with wafts of incense in the background, and sweet fruity nectar in the foreground. After a few hours the fruits go to the background and I get more sandalwood. A very interesting scent, I'm gonna try it some more before I decide if I want to get a bottle or not.

This is the first one I tried (since it was first in line :-) ). In the vial it smelled like a combo of In the Mood and some really good incense. When I put it on, the In the Mood part went *poof* & disappeared. I was left with really good dry incense - not the headshop kind, but the kind you get at the funky hidden away import store in the nearest college town. Then some juicy purpley-red fruits came & joined in the fun. Now, I *love* good incense, but purple-red fruits have never been my thing, so I'm torn. Do I love it or not? I couldn't tell what it dried down to because I applied it before bed & fell asleep sniffing my wrists. I 'll retest this baby in the daytime.

The direct correlation for me is Raqs Sharqi, but less smokey, but also with the fruity aspect of Dirty Sexy. It really softens upon application for me; it remains what it is but in a more intimate fashion. Very rich, however, even as it takes on a more ethereal quality with my chemistry.

• 3 weeks later...

To me this smells more like sweet apricot, which I like a lot! When I first smelled it from vial it smelled like...nail enamel! :lol2: But on my skin is nice and warm, although I hoped it would be more resinous. Still I like it a lot!!Got manu compliments when wearing this!!

• 4 weeks later...

This is very rich and sexy. I absolutely love red musk and just about anything with red musk in it, but what's unique about this one is that there's also blue musk entwining with the red and adding something of a dreamy feeling to it. The resins are thick and sweet, which is perfect in combination with the equally sweet and sticky apricot that gives it a hint of tartness as well. Even better, it lasts a mother long time on me too. :sock puppet shaking no ha:

Edited by Invidiana

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of this one, It was too musky, It reminded me of when my dog would come back from the groomers. I wore it after work and when I was walking to my car I saw someone walking my two dogs that I used to have.. so maybe I missed my Gypsy and I thought of her when I put this one and there she was.. : ( .. so yeah not a big fan of this one.

• 8 months later...

This is soooooo freakin' sexy! Seriously, I'm surprised this one hasn't gotten more rave reviews. When I wear this it is only in the evenings with my beloved. As soon as this hits my skin and heats up I envision a candle lit room with long, sheer drapes hanging from the ceiling, I'm laying on silky, red sheets, I'm dressed in a romantic nightie and my guy is..... well he doesn't have much on ; ) and we're sipping wine and massaging one another with exotic oils and of course we have dessert....... later.......... ; ) This is def. a sensual, sexy, romantic kinda scent that just takes you far off into fantasy land. Well the name explains it all really. <3

This is soooooo freakin' sexy! Seriously, I'm surprised this one hasn't gotten more rave reviews. When I wear this it is only in the evenings with my beloved. As soon as this hits my skin and heats up I envision a candle lit room with long, sheer drapes hanging from the ceiling, I'm laying on silky, red sheets, I'm dressed in a romantic nightie and my guy is..... well he doesn't have much on ; ) and we're sipping wine and massaging one another with exotic oils and of course we have dessert....... later.......... ; ) This is def. a sensual, sexy, romantic kinda scent that just takes you far off into fantasy land. Well the name explains it all really. <3

Holy Moly!! I'll have to dig this sample out...I don't remember what this smells like but I am awfully interested now!

• 1 month later...

dimitra gets *nail enamel* in the vial...I kind of get that too. And when it first hits my skin *gigglesnort* I get...drum roll...squashed ants!!!

:10_small16::surprised::omgwtf::surprised::10_small16:

No, REALLY! Heeeeeee!!! But then IMMEDIATELY it starts morphing, and turns into a beautiful, lush, warm, resinous, incensey blend. I am an incense-slut. I love it!!! If the squashed ants persisted I would not be able to do this one, but it's only for a few seconds. LOLOLOL! Always makes me smile. And the results are so fantastic that it's completely worth it! The Lovers is a stunning example of how ingredients need to sit on your skin to bloom. YUM.

:belly-dancer::belly-dancer::belly-dancer: :belly-dancer: :belly-dancer::belly-dancer::belly-dancer::belly-dancer::belly-dancer:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

<insert Squashed Mountain Ant smiley here>

But seriously....you know what mine smell like? There's a certain kind of chocolate essence or flavoring that I run across once in a while. I don't think it's synthetic, either, because I get a vague, vague hint of the smell from cacao absolute. THAT'S the smell of squashed mountain ants. It's their anti-freeze, because they smell like it more when it's cold and they've been semi-dormant. They smell like chocolate flavoring with ick mixed in. Weird. Maybe I shound try eating one. No wait! I HAVE! Noooooo--they taste like they smell.

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Mara, can we do a Squashed Mountain Ant fragrance...? Extra-dark cacao, dirt, and mistletoe maybe? And ant musk. Heh. Hmmmm. Maybe THAT should be the Yeti potion.

Oh and Mr. Matt said to mention that the ants up here are like ten times stinkier than the ones in the valley. I've tested it at my Mom's house. It's true. You smack a whole passel of them in the flatlands, and it smells like ONE ant up here. AUGH ick ick ick. I just gave myself the creepy-crawlies. Heeee!

I can't believe you can actually smell ants! I have never even thought of such a thing! Nor have I put my nose near one I've squished. You must have an amazing nose.

Oh, these-here is MOUN-TAINNN ants, little Lady! Gods but the f**kers stink. I *do* have a good nose (and Thankyou!), but these ants REEK. Really. <gigglesnort> B)

• 3 years later...

Ok, guys I don't know how in thee blue HELL, its been four years since the brew of this and there's still some left unsold! Really this is a MOST underrated scent in my humble opinion. Hurry up and go get yourself some before its gone for good! I am secure in saying that cause I have some myself!

This is one of those scents that convinces me Mara surely doesn't acquire her ingredients from mere mortals. Surely, there must be elves and wizards coming to the back door of the shop and speaking the secret password, coming in and unhinging they're magical wares from bottomless leather sacks!

This is simple in composition, and doesn't do a whole lot of morphing on me, but it is the most delicious and unexpected blend of incense, resins and apricot that has ever been or ever will be. The ingredients smack of quality, each note divine on its own and placed together, just SINGS.

Another Tarot oil that knocks my socks off! It actually reminds me of something from my early teen years. Not a perfume from back then, but a place..I think Colorado actually. I stayed for a couple weeks with my cousin in the Rockies, and we went to Boulder daily, shopping in all the vintage and hippie shops. Flirting with skater boys..I was 14, very precocious, and it was the first time I really started feeling like a "young woman " and that I was leaving childhood behind forever. So, its kind of a melancholic scent to me, but I love it very much. I'll say again that I think these tarot oils are really powerful.

Funny side note: my mother told me "you must apply that one outdoors "...ha, whatever. I will, but she must have a broken nose. Goose!