Phero enhanced fragrance or Phero blend?

I'm like the pesky little kid that always wants to know why, can someone help me understand?...

Why are the phero enhanced fragrances less cost than the phero blends when you're getting the phero blend AND the fragrance? Why isn't the fragrance the more expensive one? You're getting 2 for 1 and not just the phero blend by itself. Is it that the quantity of pheros in the fragrance is less or something? What's the thinking? Just a quick example: RED Lace is $29.95 and Lace is $39.95. What should we be considering before we choose one or the other?

Thanks in advance! :)

The pheros in the enhanced fragrances are 1/3 the strength of the unscented pheros.

ETA: to answer the rest of your question...I usually like to try a sample of the enhanced first before I get a big unscented bottle. that's the closest you can get to a sample of a phero. Also, the intent of the fragrances with the phero meld so seamlessly that even just the little bit can be highly effective. My favorite pheros (CB, LFM and Bang!) I have unscented because I can wear with all my other lovelies.

Edited by BlueBear

One thing I've noticed, it's easier to OD on the unscented varieties, so a case can be made to buy the scented instead-however, the type of fragrance made with them isn't going to make a hundred percent of customers happy, and since I turned out to be more sensitive to certain types of fragrances than I originally thought I've started preferring unscented versions. There are acceptations of course, like OCCO (to be fair, copulins aren't really a phero), due to how copulins aren't really fragrance-free.

Thanks for such quick responses!

The pheros in the enhanced fragrances are 1/3 the strength of the unscented pheros.

ETA: to answer the rest of your question...I usually like to try a sample of the enhanced first before I get a big unscented bottle. that's the closest you can get to a sample of a phero. Also, the intent of the fragrances with the phero meld so seamlessly that even just the little bit can be highly effective. My favorite pheros (CB, LFM and Bang!) I have unscented because I can wear with all my other lovelies.

Ok. That makes sense then (that it's 1/3 the strength) and I can see how the scents add their own merit to the blend because so many of LPs scents read divinely in their descriptions...some of them make me wonder...do we wear them or consume them! I'll keep this in mind if/when I choose enhanced fragrances. Thank you again :)

One thing I've noticed, it's easier to OD on the unscented varieties, so a case can be made to buy the scented instead-however, the type of fragrance made with them isn't going to make a hundred percent of customers happy, and since I turned out to be more sensitive to certain types of fragrances than I originally thought I've started preferring unscented versions. There are acceptations of course, like OCCO (to be fair, copulins aren't really a phero), due to how copulins aren't really fragrance-free.

I've gotten everything unscented so far except LAM, & CP has a scent, but I just found out on another thread that you can have some phero blends lightly scented for a fee, which is different still from the enhanced fragrance...so many choices!lol So this also answers a question I hadn't thought to ask, which would have been: what is the difference between a lightly scented phero blend and an enhanced fragrance.

Everyone here is SO helpful! Thank you, all, for your patience and willingness to answer such questions :D

The custom scented pheros will be full strength, which is a factor to consider.

That makes more sense. I was wondering the same thing. When I was ordering my fb of A Lick of Pink, and I boosted it with HS, the price shocked me a bit...but I knew it was probably more pheros, because sometimes I use my common sense, LOL ;)

Everything is confusing when your new to LP, but I'm learning everyday...thanks to everyone here.

I have a lot to learn about layering scents and which ones I would want to use before I choose to custom a phero blend.

So the phero strength on a custom would be full strength and only lightly scented. It's only the enhanced fragrances that are 1/3 strength pheros but the fragrance is full. Got it!

Everything is confusing when your new to LP, but I'm learning everyday...thanks to everyone here.

:lol2: AMEN SISTA!!! :lol:

I have a lot to learn about layering scents and which ones I would want to use before I choose to custom a phero blend.

So the phero strength on a custom would be full strength and only lightly scented. It's only the enhanced fragrances that are 1/3 strength pheros but the fragrance is full. Got it!

Wait! Wait! I think you've got it mixed up! :lol:

The enhanced fragrances are full-strength fragrance, but 1/3 the pheros, (333mcg), (Things like MRF and Stealing Heaven)

If you order a bottle of fragrance boosted with a certain phero, you will get a full-strength fragrance with "full-strength" pheros, (1000mcg)

The UNs in roll-ons are also 1000mcg per bottle, (and to my knowledge, this includes the LAMs & BAMs, which are technically lightly scented UNs)

The Spray UNs at 1x strength are (I think) 1000 mcg per bottle (someone correct me if I'm wrong please?)

And then you can choose to have your spray UN Pheros lightly scented if you wish. I think it costs ten bucks or something.

Or, alternatively, you can have a full-strength perfume spray boosted with pheros, so you would have full-strength perfume in spray form, along with 1000mcg of whatever pheros you choose. (Again, please someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Hmm... I think that covers most of the options! Lol! God knows there are probably all kinds of other permutations available!

Happy shopping ladies! :D

so many of LPs scents read divinely in their descriptions...some of them make me wonder...do we wear them or consume them!

As the person who writes those descriptions (primarily) I must respond: PLZ NOT TO BE DRINKIN DA 'FUMES, MMMKAY?! :lol:

Thanks for such quick responses!

Ok. That makes sense then (that it's 1/3 the strength) and I can see how the scents add their own merit to the blend because so many of LPs scents read divinely in their descriptions...some of them make me wonder...do we wear them or consume them! I'll keep this in mind if/when I choose enhanced fragrances. Thank you again :)

As the person who writes those descriptions (primarily) I must respond: PLZ NOT TO BE DRINKIN DA 'FUMES, MMMKAY?! :lol:

mr-yuk-150x150.png

:lol:

I could never figure this out

nor this

So I think the light is coming on. How do you save a thread???? I will need to look back on this when ordering. I may want to get my next BANG silicone/Oil spray lightly scented with LP red Can i do that?

I never understood the strengths either. THanks EGGERs and others for the clarity.

Wait! Wait! I think you've got it mixed up! :lol:

The enhanced fragrances are full-strength fragrance, but 1/3 the pheros, (333mcg), (Things like MRF and Stealing Heaven)

If you order a bottle of fragrance boosted with a certain phero, you will get a full-strength fragrance with "full-strength" pheros, (1000mcg)

The UNs in roll-ons are also 1000mcg per bottle, (and to my knowledge, this includes the LAMs & BAMs, which are technically lightly scented UNs)

The Spray UNs at 1x strength are (I think) 1000 mcg per bottle (someone correct me if I'm wrong please?)

And then you can choose to have your spray UN Pheros lightly scented if you wish. I think it costs ten bucks or something.

Or, alternatively, you can have a full-strength perfume spray boosted with pheros, so you would have full-strength perfume in spray form, along with 1000mcg of whatever pheros you choose. (Again, please someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Hmm... I think that covers most of the options! Lol! God knows there are probably all kinds of other permutations available!

Happy shopping ladies! :D

The enhanced fragrances are full-strength fragrance, but 1/3 the pheros K. Got this one down...

And then you can choose to have your spray UN Pheros lightly scented if you wish. I think it costs ten bucks or something. This is the other one I was thinking of! The 10$ for lightly scenting an un-spray.

BUT WAIT! THERE"S MORE!

If you order a bottle of fragrance boosted with a certain phero, you will get a full-strength fragrance with "full-strength" pheros

&

Or, alternatively, you can have a full-strength perfume spray boosted with pheros, so you would have full-strength perfume in spray form, along with 1000mcg of whatever pheros you choose

OK these are something else entirely! So I could also have a full strength perfume scent with full strength phero blend. This is something special request under one of those "add pheros" things (I do see that there are a number of different kinds for add pheros, and the mad scientist one seems to be different still from those :blink: Ack!)

Wait let me go check out the "add pheros"...

Ok, see if I get all this...

Add Pheromones to any Love Potion® Fragrance: this is the one that's new to me that you mentioned-full fragrance & full phero blend, yes?

Add Pheromones to your Perfume Spray:also full fragrance & full phero blend-yes?

Add Pheromones to yotur Custom Scent:same idea as above but it's a scent you create yourself? (THAT IS SO COOL! REALLY!?)

LP Pheromone Spray - 1 fl.oz.:this is the 10$ lightly scented one that I found out about from a different thread...don't know if I'd have found it if she hadn't provided the link though...

Create Your Own Mad Scientist Pheromone Potions!:this one intimidates me

BETA TEST: LP Perfume Spray - 1 fl.oz.:this one can take an LP oil based scent and make it into an alcohol spray only?

BETA TEST: Bottle & Alcohol Ready for Blending:then there's this one, which seems to be that you can take an oil fragrance you have at home and mix it yourself.

NOW! All of the above are seperate from a full flegde Phero Blend and an Enhanced Fragrance, though you can DO any of the above to either of the two.

I want to believe I have common sense bouncing around inside this brain somewhere, like Mrschrissyrez, :lol: Throw a dog a bone here! Have I got it???

Yez miz luna, no drinka da 'fumes :D promiz!

By George I think shes got it! :lol:

I saving this thread :D

Sweet! I'm saving this thread too! All these options are MAD, CRAZY, AWESOME! :w00t:

• 10 months later...

As I was reading through this post I got question sparks... Anecdotally speaking, what does it mean to "OD" on a phero? What kind of cues or responses are typical of ODing? I was thinking this would be somewhat helpful to know because it would set a range. Also, I have read on a different forum (don't remember how I came across it) that when adding pheromone blends to a fragrance (aka "boosting" right?) you can actually split it between 2 different fragrances? Is this true? If so, how what would you write in the notes box?

ODing can mean headaches or jitters to some people but often when people talk about ODing they use it synonymously with "ghosting" -where the effects on others seem to be non existent, like you're being ignored even...