Devilish Thoughts

Beccah

AD-DevilishThoughts_1.jpg

Devilish Thoughts

From where do those intensely sexual fantasies come from, strolling across the stage of your imagination, revolving and evolving in ever more perverse and passionate forms? Did the Devil make you do it?! You might think so once your slather yourself with our wickedly wanton fragrance...blackest berries and benzoin are fallen to the Infernal Realms, where they are tormented by insensual dusky musk and a few precious drops of ornate Indian patchouli.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

BLACKBERRY ~ Healing, money attraction, protection. Considered holy by some, and a food of the Fae.
BLACK CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
BLACK MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.

Oooo! :w00t: First on I liked this!

There's that chewy, rich, dark something I love - the patch I want to guess...

The benzoin was obvious in the vial but not as much on. The blackberry is giving it a sweetness, like a sticky jam rather than juicy. It's not exactly foodie, even though there's a spiciness to it. It's actually quite addicting to huff! You know, know that I'm huffing, maybe it's the benzoin that if kind of "lifting" everything? Almost like menthol, without actually being anything like it, lol. I'm curious if I'll be alone in my sensory perception on this one...

The current, I think, is new to my nose and has my fascination. While I am really enjoying this, I don't know that it's a fragrance I will wear often. I will definitely cherish my vial. This one lasts and lasts and a little goes a long way...and throw? Yeah, this has that too! :)

This has a potent sort of old class scent to it. It's very specifically reminding me of something but I cant say what, to far back in my memory.

I'm so distracted by "what?" it's hard to review. So until I remember I'll say this. I love the combo of the blackberry with the black musk. The only other distracting issue for me is the medicinal amp dance my skin & the benzoin are doing together. It may mellow a bit on further dry down. I do like the idea, just not sure about the benzoin. And what does this remind me of... something from a long time ago... a perfume? Could be the smell of something from the house?

anyone else have an idea?

It is pretty & Powerful in it's own way. Definitely a bold, take no prisoners, in your face vibe.

I think it would be at it's best with some cops.

Edited by StacyK

Don't think I could guess what it reminds you of - Mara has brewed scents with fruit/resins, fruit/musk before, so maybe that? I was wondering if it will make me think of a darker version of Spell Caster, for example.

It's a variant on my recipe for NOX, so those who liked that one should enjoy this too.

The Benzoin I use smells like deep warm brown sugar and vanilla, but with a saccharine cast to it if you know what I mean? It's like, *too sweet to be natural sugar* kind of feeling. But when used in small amounts it adds warmth, body and sweetness.

I agree, this would be great paired with cops.

I'm getting dark berries and incense. Of course, my nose picks up the patch right away because it's one of the notes my skin does awful things to. Overall, the scent isn't bad, just not my style. The blackberry is really juicy and pretty. It's kind of reminding me of this store I like to go to that sells really unique and cool stuff- it always smells like incense is burning.

I almost chickened out of skin testing this one, I sniffed the little wand first and it smelled really tart to me, but I do know better and proved it by actually putting it on ;) It is much better on the skin! The blackberry does remind me of blackberry jam, but it's not overly sweet. I absolutely adore the musk in this, I personally think it's at its best after a couple of hours of wearing when the fruitiness recedes some and the musk/benzoin bloom. Really very enjoyable and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it today. It's one of those slow burn romances for me though, I can live without a FB as long as I don't keep wearing it, but the longer I have it on, the more I "need" it.

It's a variant on my recipe for NOX, so those who liked that one should enjoy this too.

The Benzoin I use smells like deep warm brown sugar and vanilla, but with a saccharine cast to it if you know what I mean? It's like, *too sweet to be natural sugar* kind of feeling. But when used in small amounts it adds warmth, body and sweetness.

I'm a fan of Nox! :heart::w00t: Devilish Thoughts doesn't seem as berry sweet first on like Nox and the patch is prominent to me right away in this one - or I'm just beginning to recognize notes better now? :D Since you explained the sweetness of the Benzion, I think I understand the fragrance a bit more, the difference of the "kind" of sweet each one is side by side. It seems I'm a real sucker for blackberry ^_^

This is dark sophistication in a bottle. The blackberries add the right amount of sweetness without being overly foodie. Black musk and patchouli will sometimes amp on me, but in this they are perfectly blended....I can't actually detect the notes individually. The black current adds a perfumy, almost floral, element to it in an unexpected way. The benzoin just ties it all together. Throughout the day, it continued to bloom on my skin and I found myself getting lost in the experience of it. It is really fantastic and fierce!

This one is interesting! There is an element I can't quite put my finger on, that I assume must be the benzoin? I get the berries and the musk, and there is something else that is not leather but almost reads like it to my nose? It's haunting and somehow both ethereal and earthy at the same time. I love chelle's description of it as "fantastic and fierce"! It makes me think of a film heroine sitting down to an elegant state banquet in her silk evening gown, with a stiletto strapped to her thigh in case she needs to assassinate anyone later. Powerful stuff!

maybe that's why.. humm I'll have to revisit this maybe with a little EOW.

• 3 weeks later...

As Mara indicated, this is very much like NOX, so anyone who is a fan of that scent would likely enjoy this one as well. For me, there's something slightly off about it on my skin - much like what happened with Horny - so I'm thinking it's the benzoin that's making it go wonky, sometimes I have that issue with benzoin. I imagine with aging it will resolve into what I do love about blends with patchouli and fruit.

• 2 weeks later...

This one goes kind of weird on me. I smell something akin to the first whiff of a Vick's stick, before the menthol fully comes out and punches you in the nose. My friend/neighbour was over and she got tea tree oil and Vaseline. Sooo...this one was a bit strange. It's hard to review it for that reason! But, all that said, it smells quite pleasant on me now. Sort of soft and warm and fruity. It has softened up considerably. I just wish it hadn't taken so long! I think this is another that I'm going to have to try again sometime, to see if it comes across any different to me.

This one goes kind of weird on me. I smell something akin to the first whiff of a Vick's stick, before the menthol fully comes out and punches you in the nose. My friend/neighbour was over and she got tea tree oil and Vaseline. Sooo...this one was a bit strange. It's hard to review it for that reason! But, all that said, it smells quite pleasant on me now. Sort of soft and warm and fruity. It has softened up considerably. I just wish it hadn't taken so long! I think this is another that I'm going to have to try again sometime, to see if it comes across any different to me.

I got the same thing from this one and somehow never got back to it. It was like...medicine! If I wasn't knee deep in Spell potions right now I would give it another whirl.

Interesting, I wonder why? All I can think is the benzoin, but I don't actually know what that smells like--it's just something that "sounds" like it might smell medicinal, you know?

• 4 months later...

Devilish Thoughts smelled perfect in the vial to me. It wasn't until it was on my skin that I became conflicted. The dominant notes on me were Blackberry, Currants, and Musk. I got nothing of the Patchouli at all. The problem with this one for me was definitely the Benzoin which has long been strongly iffy for me. It's the rare perfume that includes it that I can pull off. I so wanted this to be one because of how well the other notes played on my skin. The Benzoin would seemingly waft in and out on me and when it was not making itself known, I simply loved this! Sadly, Benzoin was a bit too insistent for Devilish Thoughts to work on me and won out. I will try playing with some Sugareds to see if I can somehow tame it. If I have success with this, I will post back. If you like, and can pull off Benzoin, then I would really recommend this one. And the label is just awesome!

• 2 years later...

This is a sample I either purchased or requested as a freebie. For some reason I opted not to get the February 2015 sampler set, the only one I’ve missed since 2014. I get dark patchouli and musk with a tang of sweet fruit. It is powdery and old-fashioned smelling. Not very sweet and dark. It has a similar quality to Nox, but is a less edible version berry-wise due to the black currant. I always translate black currant to being more perfumey than edible. It's on my list...