Inspire Desire

Beccah

AD-InspireDesire_1.jpg

Inspire Desire

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
ORANGE (TANGERINE) ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
PINK BERRY SUGARS ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

As soon as my package came, I couldn't help but to slather this one. Travel shock or not, this is great. I have had this on for about an hour now and it's still wearing gorgeous. First applied, I got LOTS of cakey vanilla and honey glazed orange. Very reminiscent of Atomic Mandarin or the Darling C's. Then the pink comes out and it's like orange cupcake dipped in sparkly pink berry sugar. It stays like that a while. Now, after about an hour, the orange has faded some, and it's a light pink berry/vanilla. The honey is in no way dirty in this. A total "me" scent. I really like it!

Guest cutie.pie

Thank you for your review hearts! I was very curious about this one and hoped it would be similar to Atomic Mandarin :)

This starts out wet all yummy and tangerine! Like hearts, I thought immediately of Atomic Mandarin! :w00t: Must be the vanilla/orange combo!

Then out comes the honey. A golden sweet honey :in-love:

I don't know if it's the power of suggestion, but there's something decidedly pink about this too. If this were a cupcake, I would GOBBLE it up! It dries down to a soft orange confection. I can't believe I wasn't sure if I would like this :D The honey give it a little something bright in all the sweetness.

This is one the cupcake lovers with go mental for :)

I don't know if it's the power of suggestion, but there's something decidedly pink about this too.

There actually is pink sugars included in this one.

There actually is pink sugars included in this one.

BWAHAHAAAA! How did I miss this? Duh?! Pink berry sugars...I need to pay better attention....

Wearing this one tonight, yum! Wet, it's definitely like Darling Catalina and Atomic Mandarin, a delectable orange cupcake with pink frosting. I'm loving the drydown of Inspire Desire, I think it must be the honey that is giving it just a bit of floral sweetness on my skin, and mingled with the pink and vanilla it's just swoon-worthy!! Atomic Mandarin turned into thick pink frosting on me that was a bit much, but this is just gorgeous. Love it!

Now that I have placed my order and secured my bottles, I can come rave about this. This is why I must always get the sampler because when I read the notes I knew I would be able to pass this one up. I loved Atomic Mandarin, but it's gotten a little wonky on my skin recently, and besides, I am not a cupcake girl, not a pink girl, none of these things. But I got the sampler so felt duty bound to test all.

This is so delicious it literally makes me gasp when I first put it on. It is the most perfect bakery scent I have yet encountered at LP. It is so delicate and rich and mouth-wateringly evocative of the most stunning frosted fairy cupcake... I picture tiny petit-four-sized cupcakes, with elaborately ornamental buttercream frosting. I am writing this looking outside at the sun just starting to go down. I must have this scent as we head into spring. This is one of the lightest and brightest scents I can imagine. It feels like edible sunshine.

• 2 weeks later...

This is, for me, once again that perfect rendering of the orange cupcake like in Crayons: Atomic Mandarin. The Darlings are a bit different (IMO), but I think this is the essence of that particular trope and it's delicious! If you want to hoard this kind of scent you definitely need to grab a bottle.

For some reason, this one doesn't seem to like me, or probably better said, my skin chemistry is just not making it work. :nope02716: And I'm very much into cupcake scents.

When I look at the notes and sniff away, I have no idea which note (s) my skin is morphing or amping. Sadly, I've tried this 3 times. I guess good news for space and wallet as there are so many other LPs I adore and want. Will be adding this to swap page. :(

My best descrip for how my skin is changing this: it's making all notes mush together in bad way. I can't discern any particular note, but scent is actually unpleasant on my skin - wth? Potentially the orange and amber resin are doing something here.. just don't know other than my skin sometimes does weird things with amber.

ETA: had major typo, now corrected

Edited by Beach Goddess

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I wouldn't need this one because I already have Darling Catalina.

Once again, I'm very wrong. :lol:

If you're a fan of Darling Clementine or Catalina, you need this one too. They're both equally delicious in their own way. Those are more cakey (why did my autocorrect just turn "cakey" into "valet"...) whe the honey and orange here really shine over a warm vanilla base. I actually don't get much pink sugar--this is all gloriously golden on me. Add to "need bottle" list.

• 2 weeks later...

This is not at all what I expected. It is more of a spicy orange than cupcake scent on my skin. I don't detect any honey which is odd for me since I am a honey ho. Despite that, it is a delicious sexy scent and the dry-down is to die for. Today I am wearing it layered with Sugared Chocolate Fudge...yum!!!!

I mostly got the orange, vanilla and pink mix. It did smell like pink yummy goodness and hours later it still smells good but less sweet. I didn't get the honey either but my head is still stopped up so I am lucky if I can smell anything at all. With it dried down (and my stuffed up nose) I have to bring my arm fairly close in order to smell it. There is a sugary kids cereal that it is also reminding me of but I can't think of which one at the moment.

I will have to try it on again when I can smell things properly.

This one is steadily growing on me. Something about foodies grounded with Amber. I love them!

Cherry D, Sweet Pea Cupcake and so on.

Anyway I get the initial orange blast, my skin always greets the orange first with a big hello..!

Then steadily everything come through mostly well blended together. Like a deliciously orange perfumed cake.

Reminds me of a cake I made this past fall, I had to throw something together while having 6 girls in the house. I usually make my cakes from scratch but .. no baking powder .. so I had one of those boxed mixes.. the Halloween one with "confetti" it's a vanilla mix. I added almost half a TSP of organic orange extract, a smidgen of ginger and a handful of those Ghirardelli mini cho chips, put it all in a buttered bunt pan and done. The resulting cake smelled just like this.

:)

This one is lovely. It's orange cake alright, at least on me. When wet the orange is a bit too strong for my liking but after dry down it calms down a lot and it's very nice.

I don't get the honey, or maybe it's just so well blended that i can't smell it. The scent is very nice an i keep sniffing my arm. It reminds me of something from my childhood but i just can't remember what...

• 1 month later...

Mmmm, I love this one! I need to try it again--it on one arm, and Atomic Mandarin on the other. I need to do that because they seem kind of the same to me without comparing them side-by-side. But, no matter, I love them both!

Yep, I've been turned into an orange cupcake scent lover. I might need a full bottle of this.

Update: I'm trying Atomic Mandarin on my left wrist and Inspire Desire on my right wrist right now, before I shower. Atomic Mandarin is more cakey to me, and the vanilla comes through more, while Inspire Desire is more orangey and lays closer to my skin. It's like AM is the delicious cupcake batter, and ID is the freshly-baked cupcake decorated with icing and sparkly pink sugars.

They are definitely different. ID seems more "golden" and pink to me, if that makes any sense. And AM is more foodie. They're both so gorgeous I don't even know what to do with myself right now.

Edited by Lainey

• 1 month later...

I adore this one - Inspire Desire smells like a freshly baked orange cupcake with icing. I detect a bit of honey, but it doesn't turn into that honey/baby powder note, that often happens when I wear scents with honey. The amber nicely grounds it, so it doesn't turn overly sweet on my skin.

• 1 month later...

This one really reminds me of LP Fraise Citron, which I absolutely love. I mean - so close that in a blind swab of both on opposite wrists I can't tell the difference and neither can my husband (well, ok, I have to factor in the sometimes-lacking male opinion/judgement here since rarely does he care about minute differences in scent.) Amazing that they share half the same ingredients, and the other half is different. It will be interested to see how each changes on it's own after the usual testing intervals (15min, 1 hour, 2 hours, etc.) Then again it may be my chemistry because (on me) Inspire Desire smells more like Fraise Citron than Atomic Mandarin - yet that seems to be the common comparison in earlier posts.

Bottom line: you can't go wrong with ANY of that list (Darline Clementine, Catalina, Atomic Mandarin, Fraise Citron or Inspire Desire) because Mara does such a remarkable job with the common notes in all of them. AND it certainly is a comfort to know when you are searching for just one of these GGGs - you might score something close that you'll love as much or more.

inspire Desire aged very Amber-y for me. It's much less similar to Atomic M now. On me at least:)

Yes, even tho it's in the same family it's very different on my skin. But for me it works. I tried for a long time with DC but it was a no go. AM is not great on me. I have a sealed bottle that I keep because the kitty looks like my Sunny Cat. But I have not even used up my original trial. :)

FC, I don't link them at all and it doesn't smell right in me. But that's my skin. ID was such a happy SUPRISE for me. I'd love a bottle boosted with Gotcha. But I'd love a lot of things. :)

• 3 months later...

This one really caught me off-guard. I generally stray away from orange scents, and sugar-sweetness, but this was awesome.

I got it in my "freebies" along with my recent order (thanks, Mara), and it's one that, admittedly, I would have never otherwised tried. But it's one of my favorites now.

It smells like someone took fresh mandarin oranges and tangerines, just SLATHERED them in honey and the sweetest sugar, and popped it in the oven for a while, then muddled it all together and poured in on fresh yellow cake.

Awesome. Winner.

• 2 months later...

I pulled this out for the first time in months, and it is everything I remembered and a little bit better! The orange is such a mood elevator, and the cake-y element is a bit richer with an even more buttery vanilla. It's very blah and grey outside and this liquid sunshine is just what I need!

• 1 year later...

I envisioned this being like an orange cupcake. I picked it as a freebie from the sale. It delivered on its awesomeness. Out of the bottle, I get tangerine, honey, and vanilla…and a minty note? Must be every time I smell amber I translate it to “mint” as I have in some others. It seems to wear on me kind of light. I then swiped some of my Aja sample on and it turned fabulous of course, the Aja magnifying the honey and citrus.

• 2 years later...

This reminds me a lot of Atomic Mandarin but without the cakey aspects. I really liked the scent of AM but it was too foody for me to want to smell like it. This one is perfect! It is very similar but the non-foody version. An orange and pink bright happy scent. I only wish it lasted longer on my skin as it seems to disappear very fast.

• 3 months later...

OMG this is amazing.

That's my whole review, as of now....

Edit- it's just perfect. Reminds me of the Honey'd LP that's lighter on the smutty honey. It's a good honey on me. Most are good, but a few don't work, like Sugared Homeycomb. Sadly, it goes plasticy on me. But this Imspire Desire is just perfect. It has a real "Love Potion" vibe, IMO.

Edited by Eastwood22