Lina's Woodland Romance

hearts

29vxtv6.jpg

Lina's Woodland Romance

Smokey woods and leafy green musk, softened with pillowy marshmallow and vanilla sugar, combine for the cozy feel of snuggling by a campfire with the one you love.

This has got a sexy little woodland nymph vibe. Mmm. I can't stop huffing my wrist. I asked for a velvety vanilla, green, leafy musk, marshmallow and either leaves, woods or smoke. This evokes exactly what I was looking for. Something outdoorsy but comforting. The cozy vanilla marshmallow to represent the feel of your favorite worn out hoodie with frayed cuffs and thin fabric. The green musk and smoky woods to represent the outdoorsy feel of smoke and the smell of the woods, dark trees overhead ... I got the inspiration while camping last time, snuggled up with my bf, under the trees, next to the campfire under a starry night. This scent is comforting, romantic and snugly- lightened sweetened and green, yet has a very warm feel. The sort of scent that transports you to another place/ triggers scent memory. For me at least :D

Thanks Mara! I'm VERY happy with how this turned out.

I am wearing this today. Within minutes of application it smells like sweet grass and woods, with a touch of something soft and vanilla-like in the background. After a couple of hours it morphs and I get mostly smoke and woods, reminding me of to Ashes to Dust III. I wish it stayed closer to the way it smells in the begging of the application, but it's still a beautiful scent. :clapW2:

I just wanted to add this lasts a long time!!! It's been almost 7 hours and I can still smell it! While it touched my clothes it smells like when I first applied it, almost more cozy and soft, vanilla-like - I love it!

ETA: I meant

to say "where" it touched my clothes, not "while".

Edited by phergineer

This is Amazing!! A total WIN.

I have to say this was a stellar PE month.

I've tried 3 so far and really like them. But, on my skin and in my brain, this one is in my #1 spot. Totally 2nd (and more) bottles worthy. Ironic because this is the last one I put my name on.

It's so pretty, I feel like a sexy woodland nymph. Youthful and spritely. The notes are delicate. The green musk is softly blending with the woods & the faint touch of mysterious smoke. The velvety vanilla has a faint powdery feel, like it's my pixie woodland dust.. and everyone in my wake has been left with a smile on their face.

Gorgeous. :)

Edited by StacyK

Well...er...I've tried this one a couple of times now and it's had time to settle from its long cross country voyage, but I'm sorry to say I'm not really feeling it. It's not the scent's fault, I think it's my skin, though I did try at two different times in my cycle to make sure it wasn't hormonal. For some reason, I'm getting a hell of a lot of marshmallow out of it. It's very strong and very, very sweet. I get a nice hit of leafy greenness when I first put it on, and the first time I wore it, that first hit was all I got, then nothing but marshmallow no matter how hard I huffed :( I like marshmallow, but my migraine brain can't handle very sweet scents. Thankfully I didn't slather for its test run. Trying it a few days later, there is still a trace of green now after dry down, along with maybe a whisper of smokiness (but I could be imagining it). It is still mostly marshmallow and sweet in a way that I worry about in a neurological sense. (It's hard to explain, but it's a certain TYPE of sweetness that triggers the brain wacky in me, and this one is hitting that note for me). I do "roll" my bottles in my hands before applying, so I don't think it's an issue of the scent not melding. I just think this is one of those rare LPs that probably won't work for me. But again, I believe this is a "me thing" and not a critique of the actual scent or concept. DRATS, is what I say, because I love the idea of it!

Oh that's to bad. My daughter and I both love it.

It's outdoorsy but still retains that pretty quality of a perfume. But I do know the angst of not having a scent work out...

I left you a message on your trade page. :):heart:

Edited by StacyK

I have worn this scent twice, and I still haven't been able to place the individual notes on my skin. It's probably that I'm just not paying attention when I roll it on, or it may be that everything just smooshes together with my chemistry. Regardless, in the bottle the sugar and marshmallow come forward before the green-ness, but the leafy note prevents it from going foody. There is a tiny hint of smoke for me. Like, about 4% if I were to put a number on it. On my arm, I get no smoke but definitely marshmallow/sugar and green musk in close to equal amounts--almost as if I was using some of the Sugared Layerables. Since sugary and light musky scents are my favorite kinds, my nose is still happy.

My skin unfortunately drinks this up so after about an hour, so I barely get more than a very close, sugary skin-scent. It's great though! I'm sooo glad that I took a chance and snagged a bottle. :)

• 3 weeks later...

This is delightful! It's like a green Apparition -- in some ways, it feels like Wendy's Liquid Mystery's younger, shyer sister. I wanted to grab this because i I loved Hearts' description of being out camping at night, but interestingly I get more of a daytime vibe off it -- being deep in the woods but with sunlight breaking through the high branches. Which is absolutely lovely! The marshmallow and sugareds are very soft and well-tempered by smoke and musk to keep them from being too sweet. I'm very glad to have a bottle!

• 3 months later...

loooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeee thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

I think this could swing unisex and yet is soooooooooooo pretty - the label is beyond perfectly matched to the scent. It's cool air and shadows and silence. The green musk smells to me like the one in Lucky in Love. I'm going to slather on every inch for bedtime and I expect to have mysterious, sweet and arthurian dreams.