Spring's Lusty Cherry

I used straight EOW. :)

thanks StacyK! Is the drop size like from the pheromas dropper? Also you probably made it OCCO!! How awesome is that? :)

Once I get my goodies and start testing, will post reviews/ reports etc. - so excited about these. I will get EOW at some point just not that brave yet. I'll let the pros mix for me in the interim. :D

I had thought this one would remind me somewhat of tyvey's Chewy Cherries - because they share similar notes - or even Unbridled, but what it does remind me of is actually completely unexpected.

I love Mara's black cherry accords, I even had a PE made for myself with one of them (Cerise Cacao), and in the bottle its' tart/sweet juiciness is mingling with the vanilla bean, but on my skin it's a near dead-ringer for Lisa's Sugared Amber Patch; in the long drydown it even starts to smell a bit like Compromising Positions, because the vanilla bean paste goes kind of creamy on me. It's utterly delicious, but not what I expected at all. It's an excellent combination, though, because I love sweetened resin blends, so I will happily wear it, and I've got a gajillion other cherry scents. I expect the black cherry note might deepen over time and come forward a bit.

thanks StacyK! Is the drop size like from the pheromas dropper? Also you probably made it OCCO!! How awesome is that? :)

Once I get my goodies and start testing, will post reviews/ reports etc. - so excited about these. I will get EOW at some point just not that brave yet. I'll let the pros mix for me in the interim. :D

I wasn't using the bottle dropper I have some plastic droppers I bought for this. But it's about the sane size drop.

Anyone not getting the cherry in this DON'T FEAR! Mine is already coming out stronger and errrgh!!!!! This is aging already so frickin gloriously!!!' The lady at the cheese counter SWOONED. She loved it! I told her about Mara and the website and she was very excited about it all.

Anyone who didn't get in on this might want to storm the Mara castle for yet another REBREW!!! I'd go for another bottle for sure.

Anyone not getting the cherry in this DON'T FEAR! Mine is already coming out stronger and errrgh!!!!! This is aging already so frickin gloriously!!!' The lady at the cheese counter SWOONED. She loved it! I told her about Mara and the website and she was very excited about it all.

Anyone who didn't get in on this might want to storm the Mara castle for yet another REBREW!!! I'd go for another bottle for sure.

She did mention the possibility of a third brew if there was sufficient demand... if you're interested.

MDC and donsie, great news on both counts! I am letting mine mellow a bit and will try again. I am hopeful regarding the elusive cherry. In my humble opinion, this one should go into the permanent LP lineup. Even if the cherry never comes through, it's so delicious! Delicious smelling that is! Don't worry, Mara, I have not been eating the perfume! ;)

oh yes, like Candy Apple Cutie!! :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

I tried this when it first arrived, and while the cherry was noticeable at first, the scent dried down to something that did very much resemble LP O. Maybe a tad more patch than LP O. But never a BO kind of patch, just nice and woody/earthy.

I'm going to add a few drops of cops to mine and let it sit for a few days, then try it again...

I got my bottle of this today. I tore into my package, pulled this out, and put some on. I smelled it. I think I swooned. I then slathered myself in it!

I went to Target shortly afterwards and on my drive there I had my wrist to my nose the entire time. I was almost laughing outloud at myself because I was battling the urge to smell my wrist while shopping. I huffed my wrist the whole drive home too.

I'm having a difficult time putting into words how I feel about this one. I'll be back to describe it later when I can finally put it to words. This is how I feel about it now: ?????????????????????????????????

The Patchouli is very tame in this. To me it smells a lot like LP Red. (I haven't smelled LP Original) but a little more cherry and a bit less resiny. When I wear it again I will add more but I had it on yesterday and that is what I noted.

I love it. That much I already know. :)

This reminds me of LP Red too, but deeper more sensual. I usually wear a different scent every day depending on my mood...But I have been slathering this one every day since I got my FB last week. It's just that good. I can't get enough of it!

I find this so sensual. After it dries down, it's this beautiful scent that's soft and warm with this very subtle brighter note. I was trying to figure out how to describe the notes and I thought about it in terms of music. The resins and vanilla are very deep, low, fuzzy warm notes, like a cello and/or bass. The black cherry is a higher note, but not too high. It's a soft and sensuous violin. It's a soft, emotional, dramatic type of classical music to me. The kind that you feel in your heart and is slightly haunting.

I hope there is another rebrew of this! I would love to have more of this. Lots more! This is so beautiful. It is one of those scents that became part of me very quickly, if that makes sense.

ETA: I also wanted to mention how well blended this becomes on me. I know I described it as individual instruments in a song but I meant that they blend together to make this beautiful song of a perfume. :)

Edited by tink333

Wow, this is soooo good!! Nice job, Mara and Stormey! When I first received this, I had the same results as some of the ladies here, the cherry disappeared almost immediately, and the vanilla bean not long after, leaving me with just the patchouli and not much amber. But thanks missdarlyncherie's review, I knew to be patient, and so glad I did! I wore this today, and OMG, it's everything I hoped it would be. The black cherry was juicy and luscious, the vanilla bean was rch an sweet, swirling with an awesome amber, and a very elegant, sophisticated patchouli that only made its presence known at the extreme drydown. Gosh, I thought after reading the notes and testing that Tingle Tangle would be more up my alley! I like Tingle Tangle, but I LOVE Lusty Cherry!! Yummm!!! :Love09751:

Since everyone was raving about this scent, I knew I had to take the plunge and get one of my own. Thanks to hearts, I literally just got my bottle of Lusty Cherry and rolled some on, so I know that I'll have to account for travel shock and let it set for a while and try again.

My initial take on Spring's Lusty Cherry is probably a duplicate of Rose's early encounters with it. Immediately upon application, I get a great cherry scent. It reminds me of the cherry that's in OCCO: Ambrosia. I might be wrong about that, but in my imagination, I see OCCO: Ambrosia as having this bright red syrupy maraschino-esque cherry and Lusty Cherry as being this dark sensuous kind of thing, but they come off kind of similarly in that single note to me. Anyway, back on track. So Lusty Cherry unfolds in waves. The first wave, while wet, is cherry with a background of vanilla. Then the wave of vanilla-amber emerges and it's smooth and even. And the cherry disappears. Then I get all patchouli. Or an amber-y patchouli at the very least. But no cherry at all! I need to figure out a way to make the cherry like the aliens in Independence Day after they're unsucessfully nuked. I want to be running around yelling, "The cherry remains! The cherry remains!"

But honestly, it might just be due to travel shock. I can still appreciate the overall wonderfulness of this fragrance, and I'm sure it'll age super well! So I'm going to let it sit around before I try it some more. (Though I'm sure I'll wind up caving and wearing it plenty more when it should be resting, it's lovely enough that I keep sniffing my wrist with or without the cherry).

Also, I just wanted to write in review somewhere - either as a reminder to myself or for others - this would go amazingly well with Aja. Something about the smutty honey would blend so well with the layers of cherry, amber, boozy vanilla, and patchouli.

I'll say that having worn it at least every other day or so since I got it (at least a little bit if not a full-on slather in the evening), I'm still not getting any cherry beyond the initial five minutes of yummy cherry-vanilla. But I continue to thoroughly enjoy the sweet amber-patchouli drydown. If I had Sugared Cherries I'd definitely layer it on there, but what I did try was applying Sugared Peaches and that was a yummy combo too!

• 7 months later...

I had to post about wearing this today. I was in the break room getting ready to leave but lingering to speak some of the managers that were still there. One of the managers had just brought in some plants that we were giving to a coworker who had a relative pass away. So the first table is full of lilies. One of the cashiers came in to clock out and he took a deep breath and smiled and said "It smells wonderful in here." I let him by and leaned over to the plants and took a sniff. They didn't smell like anything. He continued sniffing, leaned to the first one and shook his head, then went to the other one and decided it wasn't that one either. "I don't know but it smells AMAZING in here." I asked what it smelled like. He said it smelled like straight up vanilla. One of the managers pointed at me. He leaned over and sniffed and said "Yep, that's it. It smells really good." Yay! Lusty Cherry. :D

• 3 months later...

This is one of my favorites, so much that I snagged two bottles from the Trading Post and nearly finished off one bottle already! I love the initial blast of juicy cherry from this; it's so bright (compared to the resins) and yet also sensuous. The boozy vanilla then takes over during drydown, and the resins on my skin become slightly herbal before settling into this deep, patchouli-esque scent.

On a side note, I got this on my bra when slathering it on my chest, and the next time I picked it up from the floor to do laundry, I was hit with a blast of dark cherry vanilla! This baby lasts and lasts!!

Edited by Midnight Requiem

• 1 year later...

I really like this. I was hesitant about the patch, thought the other notes might not be strong enough to put it in it's place. No need to worry about that tho. I do get a whiff of patch here and there but it's not screaming free love at everyone.

Over all this is a great dark cherry. On me the Cherry isn't super sweet hard candy, a good thing for me.

I get a rich dark cherry scent, deep, sensuous & playful.

If you really don't like the patch then I recomend adding some cops. I decanted about 3ml into a smaller bottle and added 3big drops. I feel it pushed the cops into the background and softens it up. Really nice. I feel very slinky with the cop dose. :)

I do wonder what this would be like with "white patch" humm

I got half of the bottle Stacy K sold & holy moly, this is AMAZING. Did M ever make it permanent in the catalogue?

• 3 weeks later...