Hi, folks. I need some advice. I'm after riling up some people I have to meet with for work. We contract them to deliver a service but we are not happy with them and the situation has become a major pain in the arse despite all efforts to make things go right. Unfortunately we are not yet at point where we can terminate the contract. I will be in a meeting with them to discuss some issues but we are actually hoping they will lose their cool and be sufficiently unhelpful/unprofessional that we can call them into a contractual compliance meeting and then start severing ties.

Based on prior interactions it is possible that they will enter in defensive, shouty mode but we want to guarantee it. We need to remain polite and professional while quietly driving them to distraction so they behave badly enough for us to call said compliance meeting. I know the LP blends are meant to be helpful and not baneful, but I'm wondering if anyone has found a combo or dosage -- or even combined a harder phero with a bitchy intent -- to get people on the back foot.

They are women, by the way. And thought my first thought would be Dom I've never had results that suggest people bristle when I wear it; it's totally smooth. This is great most of the time but not exactly for this situation. And I don't want them to just sit quietly and listen, either!

Any ideas?

I wouldn't wear anything actually since they haven't been tested for this purpose. You'll be going in blind and it could easily backfire. Unless you want to wear a shitload of cops I'd avoid. Even that is not the exact reaction you're looking for.

Treasured Hearts is what I'd wear. Maybe G2 if you have it. And a work apropos scent.

Uh, Stacy......she said she wants to get them riled up, not calm them down.....those are both good for smoothing ruffled feathers.

I wouldn't wear anything actually since they haven't been tested for this purpose. You'll be going in blind and it could easily backfire. Unless you want to wear a shitload of cops I'd avoid. Even that is not the exact reaction you're looking for.

I agree. Especially since you don't know which ones affect these particular people in a negative way. Some women get aggressive and bitchy with -none, and some with an assload of cops, but in this case, you just don't know enough to be able to target it appropriately.

"..

Uh, Stacy......she said she wants to get them riled up, not calm them down.....those are both good for smoothing ruffled feathers."

Ooh thanks for the clarification Dolly. Um no idea.

Maybe Halos suggestion re the cops. The only 2 times I've had a neg female reaction (that I feel confident was do to phero/cops.. humm well once was CB.. if u slathered that (totally inappropriate btw and if it backfired and affected your team.. ??) but if you could pull off some thinly veiled BS that they can't prove... but they can see it and they think they could get away with some outright hostility...bullying behavior, but that's some kind of master "Peyton Place" manipulative stuff that takes a special talent so..

as Halo said the pheros are not really geared to that ..

and as Dolly said you don't know what side of the coin reaction the others may have.

I don't think I'd rely to much on the pheros but I might try some cops at the least.

IDK if Dom would work because I run the show when I wear it and it takes some serious courage to confront someone exuding that phero signature IMO.

weird experiment.. let us know what happens if you try so something.

I would approach this from an entirely different angle. More of a "scare them straight" instead of a "piss them off." Wear Dom or Leather and be direct. Flat out tell them that you haven't been impressed with their service. Tell them exactly how they are being a pain in the ass and tell them that if it continues, you will be forced to initiate a contractual compliance meeting and force you all to reconsider when the contract comes up for renewal. The phero will reinforce your hard stance. I think you will get way more mileage out of this approach than trying to piss them off to the point where they get unprofessional. It could be that the threat of losing their contract might be the kick in the seat they need.

ETA: Also, having this come to Jesus meeting on record where you outline what they're doing wrong and how they can improve can really work in your favor when you do decide to terminate the contract.

Edited by BlueBear

I would approach this from an entirely different angle. More of a "scare them straight" instead of a "piss them off." Wear Dom or Leather and be direct. Flat out tell them that you haven't been impressed with their service. Tell them exactly how they are being a pain in the ass and tell them that if it continues, you will be forced to initiate a contractual compliance meeting and force you all to reconsider when the contract comes up for renewal. The phero will reinforce your hard stance. I think you will get way more mileage out of this approach than trying to piss them off to the point where they get unprofessional. It could be that the threat of losing their contract might be the kick in the seat they need.

ETA: Also, having this come to Jesus meeting on record where you outline what they're doing wrong and how they can improve can really work in your favor when you do decide to terminate the contract.

All the above - record in detail what is said at the meeting.

SWS should help.

Thanks all. I'm happy to steer clear of pheros and just let them make their own mess if they are so inclined. I don't dare to OD on cops (or anything else) in case, as a number of you have pointed out, it backfires.

It is because I won't step out of line in terms of provoking them directly that I wondered about pheros. I've been the one who has been working to calm them down by using my mental health worker voice, trying to bring things to a calm place through hours-long meetings with them when they started off with raised voices defensive attitudes, refusing to listen or take responsibility, etc. So, our big boss has got sick of gently-gently and wants to try and get them into a compliance meeting. I've used SWS up to now. If I had known what they were going to be like in the last meeting I would have just Dom'd them!

BlueBear, I love the "come to Jesus meeting". That is exactly it. I can't get too much into detail, obviously, but I wouldn't hope for people to trip up unless they were really bad news. We're talking stuff involving shortchanging disabled people but there is no concrete evidence we can use that takes this out of the realm of hearsay. Thus all reminders for notes are helpful. At least we will have a record of how they respond when this stuff is put to them face-to-face. It will be yet another attempt to scare them straight that -- based on their track record -- may end up pissing them off anyway. The particulars of our contract mean that we aren't looking at a definitive contract renewal, just rolling extensions. Thus we are sort of stuck for now unless they seriously underperform or step out of line.

StacyK, I am not Peyton Place-class and even if I were I wouldn't want to actively entrap them. Our strategy is clear on our tones and statements staying professional but pressing the necessary issues; if that gives them enough rope to hang themselves then so be it. I suppose what I'm really after is something that will let whatever inner unprofessional impulses they have come out when they're called to account... but it might be too volatile of a situation to go for True Confessions or T.M.I. That's probably more the kind of thing I want, though. Everything that will rile them up is going to be out in the open, based on the facts of their own shortcomings. It really is about helping them to let their inability to respond properly come out on display rather than provoking them for its own sake.

Thanks for the well-wishes, cutie.pie!

I was going to say that being straight forward and honest was likely to get a defensive response but I see from your post that you figure that as well. Are you going to be recording the interaction or just taking notes of what happens?

I was going to say that being straight forward and honest was likely to get a defensive response but I see from your post that you figure that as well. Are you going to be recording the interaction or just taking notes of what happens?

No plans to record but there will be a small team there from our org. so not just me on my own. Interesting idea but I can't see them giving their consent to be recorded!

Edited by donsie

Probably not and if they did they would likely be on their best behavior. Amazing what potential evidence will do to change someone's apparent attitude.