Finally joining the forum...hi everyone!

SirenSong

Hello, everyone! I have been around the boards for quite awhile and am just now getting around to posting. I came for the scents – the pheromones are just a bonus. I come from a drugstore musk background still chasing that elusive “Barbie” fragrance from my Barbie perfume maker I had as a kid. I found out about Love Potion years ago while searching about creating my own perfume. At the time, I had found the website a little overwhelming with all its choices, so I took some time getting familiar with fragrance notes at another website ordering custom combinations finding out what I like besides just vanilla. I’ve also had a long relationship with a certain bath and body chain, but haven’t liked anything new of theirs lately. I’ve had problems with headaches and commercial perfumes in the past and don’t really care for the designer scents anyway. I also don’t want to smell like anyone else, so I decided to take the plunge. Of course, there is no comparison – Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie is levels above anything else I’ve ever used (without headaches!). And the names, labels, and descriptions are all enchanting and irresistible. So, so creative and witty. Now that I know what I like, I am trying to control my collection, but it is hard. I wouldn’t say I am addicted, more like a little obsessed. I started with the Weenies sampler (Halloween and Autumn being my favorite time of the year). I also have November (Pheromas!), December, and the woman’s sampler. I have been quite busy over at Etsy, too, enjoying taking the risk of buying something unsniffed. They all seem so good and I haven’t gotten one I haven’t liked. And some of the sniffies I received I never would have considered. There’s just not enough skin!!! Now I wake up every morning not thinking about what clothes or makeup to wear, but what scent today?

Guest LexyCents

Welcome!!! :nice04271: and happy V day!

I'm new too! And really enjoying this new hobby that makes me yummier and yummier to myself and those around me :Emoticons04263:

Hi Sirensong,

I love your descriptive self-introduction. I cannot believe how far behind research is on the human sense of smell, much less pheromones. I think it's fair to say that we are amassing quite a wealth of information here on this Forum. Can't wait to hear more from you.

Welcome to the forum! What are your favorites so far?

Hard for me to pick favorites. I guess my favorites so far are Love Potion Original, Love Potion Red, Snow Musk, Caramel Musk, Snowman Poop, Love Potion Winter Variant 2011, and Sneaky Clean. These are ones I've been wearing throughout the winter and go back to. I tend to categorize everything by seasons (I love the seasonal changes) and I am already planning to get some more fruity ones for spring. I love the Love Potions and their variants. I am finding I am a vanilla and marshmallow (!) kind of girl and confirmed that so far I am not a lavender/floral girl. But sometimes the right mix of vanilla, musk, and floral -- wow! I was surprised that I have problems with the smutty, dark, cakey ones which I thought I'd like. Samplers are good ideas! There were other samplers I also loved, just haven't committed to the FB yet (like Horny, Secret Sweetness, Love Potion Pink, Cuddle Bunny, and all the November Unisex ones). My husband is already getting concerned about the volume coming into the house, but he does like them. That is why I am trying to exercise control and stick to what I really like and how much I can use.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Excited to be part of the community.

I also don’t want to smell like anyone else, so I decided to take the plunge. Of course, there is no comparison – Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie is levels above anything else I’ve ever used (without headaches!). And the names, labels, and descriptions are all enchanting and irresistible. So, so creative and witty. here’s just not enough skin!!! Now I wake up every morning not thinking about what clothes or makeup to wear, but what scent today?

YES! all this...and more :) ...welcome to the adventure !!

And some of the sniffies I received I never would have considered. There’s just not enough skin!!! Now I wake up every morning not thinking about what clothes or makeup to wear, but what scent today?

Hello SirenSong. Yep I can certainly identify with this. :-)

I'm pretty new around here too and can confirm that addition is easily acquired around these parts.

• 3 weeks later...