Reintroduction

Equinox

I was actually around these forums a bit last spring and summer but, due to everything more or less going to hell in a hand basket, I stopped coming.

I had purchased some perfumes and pheros for specific purposes and came up snake eyes on all of them and didn't want to be a Debbie Downer. I also realized that I can't wear perfume very often. Scented creams and shampoos yes, but perfumes no. Perfume sort of gets under my consciousness and makes me feel (depending on the scent) like I'm not myself. Kind of hard to explain. Sort of like (I don't know if anyone else ever has this) when I go to the mall to buy something and after about 20 minutes of looking for it I start to feel desperately like I want to get out - like I'm coated in other people's stuff and I'm having a hard time focusing. Perfume is not negative like that, but it's sort of niggly. The only one I've found so far that doesn't do this to me is Jewels of Avalon. I wonder if maybe I should try one of the hydrating waters instead. Perhaps something more sheer wouldn't have this effect.

However, I've realized that I should really come back and post some of the effects I've had with the pheros I ordered. Some of these have been quite interesting. I'm also really attracted to the Spell Collection, although, alas, I have less than no money with which to purchase any - I totally did anyway, though :)

Good to "see" you again ^_^

Hope things are smoothing out for you in life :heart:

LP is a great place to get away to... :)

Edited by NuTrix

Hi Equinox,

Don't think I got to meet you last time around. PLEASE review. We have all sorts of different people here...people struggling with PMS, low libido, depression, we even have a New Mom :) I experience fragrance energetically as much as with my nose. Your experience matters and may help another person. And It's hugely interesting to see how varied we all are.

Good to see you again! I am really liking the spell collection...to me, the effects seem really clear. I don't know if you've tried the new MegaWatt phero, but it's pretty spectacular. It's in Determination Potion in the Spell Collection.

I'm also looking forward to reading some reviews!!

Good to see you again, Goddess. I hope life is a lot smoother for you now than the last time I was here. Things are still a big ball of chaos and uncertainty for me, but at least the PD is not a big part of it anymore.

I actually just ordered the MegaWatt Phero and I can't wait to try it out. I didn't get it in Determination Potion (although the intent is perfect for me) because I'm not really into foodie fragrances and I'm afraid that would make me not want to wear it very often - thus cancelling out the excellence of the intent.

I've reviewed some of the pheros and phero enhanced scents that I have, but none of the perfumes so far. I think my taste in perfume is really different from that of a lot of people here! I seem to only like things that are very herbal and "green." Anything that is the slightest bit sweet really bothers after a couple of hours, even it I like it when I first put it on. I wonder if I might be amping the sweet stuff and that's why it seems so overpowering to me?

I have zero cash right now so even though I am salivating over a number of the Spell Potions (most of which seem way more herbal than other perfumes), I only committed to Harmonious Self in FB and MegaWatt in FB. I ordered sample sizes of Hex Deflection and Road Opener. I hope some of the other ones I like are still in stock next month when I might have a bit more money.

Sorry, I'm blathering on. I do have one question though. What do you do with a Spell Potion that contains ingredients you're allergic to? A lot of the potions have really great sounding intents but I know for a fact that I will be sneezing all day if I wear them. Should I just give them a miss because they are clearly not for me, or is there some other way I can use them?

I tried Love Yourself (is that what it's called?) and I couldn't wear it at all. What was suggested was dressing a candle with it. I also thought I'd annoint mirrors with it and stuff like that.

That's an idea I hadn't considered before. I doubt the fragrances that I'm allergic to would bother me on my feet - it's not like I would smell it there but I would still be wearing it. I had also considered anointing a candle with it as well, but I wasn't sure whether I would still smell it or not.

• 3 weeks later...

I had purchased some perfumes and pheros for specific purposes and came up snake eyes on all of them and didn't want to be a Debbie Downer.

Hi, Equinox. I thought your name looked like one who was already on the forum. Glad you came back. I look forward to your phero reviews. I am reluctant to post reviews on pheros because I never truly know if it was the phero or the just the sequence of events or moods of the day that created the outcome of the situation. Nothing seems to work on my husband for the worse or the better -- he is always the same (which is loving). And sometimes when stuff happens at work I wonder if it's just me imagining it or is it actually the pheromone? I cannot deny the self effects on me, however. They seem to improve my mood -- perhaps that is their intent -- to help you to influence the things going on around you by changing your own outlook?