New Releases for MAY 2015 - Fairy Garden Scents!

I know Luna! It's crazy for me too. I hate orchid but I think the one in this line smells good in the vial. I like Rose even! And I might like Gardenia. Daffodil and Violet aren't as big of a shock but to be contemplating buying 6 florals at once is mind boggling for me.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised that I'm loving the floral varieties more than the foody ones, overall. I knew I preferred sweetened florals as a rule, but I would have never in a lifetime thought I'd fall in love with a lilac-based perfume, for example. As always, Da Mawa just blows my mind!

Me too. I mentioned it in one of the reviews. They are just gorgeous. The weight and depth are perfect for layering as intended but they are not just a spring thing. These will be great in the summer too.

So far I'm liking every one of these I'm trying. And I, too, am loving things I didn't think I would...like Tuberose! Usually I amp it hellishly. The Fairy Cake Tuberose is beautiful on me. So glad I got a sampler! *waves at Heather* I'm going to try Lilac right now, because my skin usually turns Lilac into bathroom air freshener................OMG. Someone else was saying this smells like real lilacs. It's doing this on me, too!!!!!! Lilacs grow well here on the mountain, and I wub them dearly. This is the first time in my life that a lilac perfume has smelled like the flowers on me!!! Off to the review threads... :burning-heart:

And I, too, am loving things I didn't think I would...like Tuberose! Usually I amp it hellishly. The Fairy Cake Tuberose is beautiful on me.

Exactly; me too! Tuberose is always a scent I've loved in theory, but it's usually difficult for me to actually wear it. The fairy cake version is awesome.

Fairies are supposed to work well with florals in general so maybe they helped guide these particular scents, I dunno. It will be interesting to see if the Garden scents will help things manifest like the Sigils do, I have yet to try working with them that way. These would be great scents for kids also I think they would vibe well with the energy and subtle scents.

Seriously.. How is it even possible that I'm loving the floral fairy cakes as much and some even MORE than than the foodie ones?!

These floras are just exceptional. They are soft with round edges. The cake, for many, is soft and almost sheer IMO. Just utterly an amazing combo plus Maras pinch of spun sugar or brown sugar or amber or eye of newt :purr:

Yay! I was afraid that I was the only one who loved cakey florals. It is one of my very favorite things to blend for myself, and it makes me mega happy that so many of you are enjoying them too. :)

I agree about the Coconut FC. I had to narrow my list down to 30 for the initial release, but I will def add coconut in future, and will go through my carnation oils to see what may work too. Thanks for the feedback!

Yay! I was afraid that I was the only one who loved cakey florals. It is one of my very favorite things to blend for myself, and it makes me mega happy that so many of you are enjoying them too. :)

I agree about the Coconut FC. I had to narrow my list down to 30 for the initial release, but I will def add coconut in future, and will go through my carnation oils to see what may work too. Thanks for the feedback!

Yay!! Thank you :)

I got an order confirmation from LPMP -- I'm not sure if that means a person has looked at the order and determined it is available or not. fingers crossed!

As I have just taken a shine to Dance with Desire I am considering getting a bottle of Tuberose Fairy Cake. Are these scent comparable? If I like one will I probably like the other?

Edited by CerisLou

Did I read correctly that these don't have base notes - or don't have traditional base notes? Is this why many seem to wear lightly and sheer?

They don't have traditional base notes for the most part, although some of them have a bit of amber.

As I have just taken a shine to Dance with Desire I am considering getting a bottle of Tuberose Fairy Cake. Are these scent comparable? If I like one will I probably like the other?

The FC is much sweeter to me and I like it more than DWD, but you would likely enjoy both.

They don't have traditional base notes for the most part, although some of them have a bit of amber.

I wanted these to be all-ages scents, as well. The simplicity makes them both layerable and appropriate for younger audiences. Often, the more complex, the more adult.

Thank you! :heart:

Seriously.. How is it even possible that I'm loving the floral fairy cakes as much and some even MORE than than the foodie ones?!

Exactly; me too! Tuberose is always a scent I've loved in theory, but it's usually difficult for me to actually wear it. The fairy cake version is awesome.

While I can't quite say I love the floral MORE than the foodies, I CAN say there are many that are neck and neck - to my very delighted surprise! Tuberose is one of the sweetest to my nose and Plumeria was a surprise love! The cake-y, creamy goodness make them incredibly enjoyable - this is the first set that my husband has sniffed through the WHOLE thing with me - EVER. THAT is saying something, as we are both foodies and he almost always crinkles his nose at floral anything. Even he, Mr. Persnickitty, likes this Fairy Garden release :)

Did I read up thread that these will be permanent?

Oh as long as there is a demand that's good to know, I should get at least one of my desired sugareds/gardens sooner than later. Not that they are going anytime soon but jic I put it on the backburner to the extent I forget. Should target sugareds first, Green Tea and Berry top list.

Ah, ok. I don't have forever then, but I have a little more time to plot my next must haves :lol:

I just got my sampler set. I pulled them out and picked out Magnolia Fairy Cake, opened it, smelled it and then DROPPED IT and it tumbled onto the floor! Thankfully, I only spilled a tiny bit of it. I'll have to smell more tomorrow. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cutie.pie

How about an Almond Marzipan FC? :D

I could cry, I ordered the sapmler set and the pay pay order didn't go through. I thought it had, I went camping the day after and here we are. I am so disapointed. I realized today when another order I had placed didn't go through. :fright04238:

Guest cutie.pie

I could cry, I ordered the sapmler set and the pay pay order didn't go through. I thought it had, I went camping the day after and here we are. I am so disapointed. I realized today when another order I had placed didn't go through. :fright04238:

Check the trades! Phergineer is selling her sampler.

Halo and Luna, I know we are not supposed to mention trades and swaps here, but I'm just trying to help... Hope you don't mind.

Halo and Luna, I know we are not supposed to mention trades and swaps here, but I'm just trying to help... Hope you don't mind.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Re: layering

My teen daughter likes to wear fairy cake apple, fairy cake lemon, fairy cake banana, and then sometimes Sugared French vanilla. It's totally cute on her. She's learning to appreciate this form of perfume and supporting a local business so I couldn't be happier.