Fairy Cake: Banana

Beccah

AD-BananaFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Banana

Ripe luscious banana given a swirl of caramelized brown sugar, slathered with sugary cotton candy frosting mix deliciously with a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils and a drop of sweet amber resin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

BANANA ~ Fertility, potency, prosperity; lightens emotional burdens.

• 2 weeks later...

OHHH my goodness, that banana wants to be eaten, or licked. It's ripe, it's right there. Personally I don't want to smell like a banana, but if you do you are going to die for this. I think the amber is a lovely pairing with this.

I love Mara's Bananas!!! So this was one of the first I tried.

A velvety soft banana. It must have been very lightly guilded by the brown sugar because that note is very light, it gently elevates the banana. After a time the banana fades back and the cotton candy cake comes forward to play. The notes mingle well together. It's all very soft and wears close to my skin. A pretty, sugary banana skin scent. It's mood elevating and youthful. Got to wear this to the state fair!!! :D

So far this is my favorite. It's candy bright banana. I get no brown sugar at all which is great because I don't like it. The banana doesn't last long but the cupcake base on this one is my favorite so far. Light, sweet, not buttery or treacley at all. Full bottle for sure. I just might have to draw a pair of sunglasses over the fairy on the label's eyes because they seriously creep me out.

This one goes on me as pure banana, then in the drydown I get warm sticky sweetness, almost like a dish of sliced bananas in milk and brown sugar. The cake-iness doesn't come forward as much on me in this one.

Very tempted!

This is one of my favorites so far. The banana is sweet, creamy and reminds me of banana pudding. I can almost picture a white fluffy cake with sliced banana, smothered in pudding and whipped cream. And.... I want dessert now.

Despite all the sweetness from the banana, sugars and vanilla, it's not too overly toothache sweet.

It's a VERY candy/ripe banana to me. I like it much more after the banana steps back. At first I thought - eh, candy banana. But then the more I huffed it I realized it really reminds me of a very ripe banana. When it begins to lighten, it adds this creamy texture to the cake base that is nice. I don't think this will be FB but it won't be wasted! :)

This is (and pumpkin) a scent I wouldn't normally wear but it explodes with fun and flavor. This line is pretty mild on me but I would ideally get a dozen scents and randomly mix and match them and banana would be at the top of the list .

I don't know how I feel about this one! I don't like it at first, just because banana is not normally a scent I go for. But then it warms up and morphs into something more caramel-y...but I still don't know. I don't *think* I would get a full bottle of this one, but I think I'll have to try it again, just to be sure. ;)

I just can't get this to lady in my skin. I do like it while it's there but it fades so fast. I'll just stick to the 'nanna scents I have. I haven't worn "Make A a Wish" in a long time.. I'll have to get that one out soon.

It's candy bright banana.

Yes exactly - this is a total candied banana, like a banana-flavored Runt. I like it, though I wish it could have been more like Sugar-Fried Bananas or a creamy-type banana on me.

It's sooo perty if only it lasted .. it vanishes on me. My skin must really love it. :)

It's crazy to read the other reviews on this. I get something the exact opposite of everyone. The banana note, while still easily identifiable as banana, smells very floral on me. I thought that perhaps I was getting this mixed with another fairy cake I was trying, but today, I am wearing it alone. It's like a banana flower on me, not sweet at all. It's got to be the amber note. some of them tend to make things smell perfumey on me. I also get a creamy fluffiness and a vanilla, but again, it's all of the perfumey variety. Absolutely none of this is a complaint, by the way. It's a very lovely fragrance, probably near the top of the list of the fairy cakes for me. It's just not what I expected based on the reviews and a pleasant surprise!