Fairy Cake: Berry

Beccah

AD-BerryFC_1.jpg

Fair Cake: Berry

A mixture of fairy berry favorites - blackberry and mulberry - slathered with brown sugar buttercreme frosting, folded into a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

BLACKBERRY ~ Healing, money attraction, protection. Considered holy by some, and a food of the Fae.

MULBERRY ~ Luck, willpower. protection, strength.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn this is a surprise hit for me. The only other berry perfume I've ever liked is Lusty Licious if that explains anything. But five years later and I've never bought a bottle of that so yeah. I don't usually care for mulberry because it reminds me of a carpet cleaner from the early nineties when I had a roommate who aggressively used it every day. Luckily here I get very little mulberry and lots of blackberry. I think the mulberry just gives it a little extra depth. The brown sugar also is very low key. Usually a death note for me, it just adds a little texture. A chewiness if you will. Not sure if I need a bottle yet but I do like it a lot.

OMG this is sooo delicious!!! This immediately reminds me of my Strawberry Shortcake dolls that I played with as a little girl! I get all berry cake goodness! I can't really detect one berry over the other. It's delicious! I can't detect any brown sugar at all it smells like a berry patch garden on my skin! Mara I love this!!

This is totally lickable, I agree. I get just the slightest hint of brown sugar, this is primarily berrylicious yum-yum on me. The drydown is kinda weird, though.

This is FANTASTIC! I love the berries and cannot pick out one over the other. To me it's like a buttery cake with ripe slightly tart berries folded all up in it. DELICIOUS - I'm SO loving all of these - even a lot of the floral fae cakes are a surprise hit! My excitement was WELL founded! :D

Oh I really like this- which is surprising because I don't usually like "berry" scents. But I do love Mulberry I think...isn't that what's in Merry? And that's one of absolute favorites! Anyways.. This smells like a buttery pastry with sweet berry jam. More berry than cake- smells delicious!!!

But I do love Mulberry I think...isn't that what's in Merry?

Right; it's in a few scents - Blushing Embers too, for example.

Gah, so pretty! I love this one as well. It's not just sweet candy-berry...there is some depth to it. Gorgeous! I think I might need a full bottle of this one as well.

Oh I really like this- which is surprising because I don't usually like "berry" scents. But I do love Mulberry I think...isn't that what's in Merry? And that's one of absolute favorites! Anyways.. This smells like a buttery pastry with sweet berry jam. More berry than cake- smells delicious!!!

Yea it's in Merry. I love Merry.

Unfortunately I can't wear this. On my skin is just too sweet with a steely tinge of medicinal. My skin dies that with some berry scents. onward..

This was mostly swoony hard candy pinky purple berries with an intriguing, unexpected and enjoyable slight muskiness, though occasionally something in it felt a little ...angular is the word that kept coming to mind. I think it's the mulberry, which my nose sometimes doesn't know what to do with. My silly nose filled in blueberries and raspberries now and then. As with some of the other fairy cakes, as it dried down, it became less just its "name" thing (here, berries) and more like a sheet or sponge cake with the name thing swirled or marbled in.

Anyone remember the gum from the 80s that had the liquid gel filling in it? It came in strawberry (or something pink anyway) and grape? This reminds me exactly of the pink kind. The vanilla gives this a berries and cream effect. After about half an hour, it's less of that gum and more of a vanilla cupcake with a berries and cream filling. I love it. And I also want to eat it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

When I saw LV compare this to dolls, I ran and got my sample. Annnnd and she's right! It sort of reminds me of dolls too, I'm one of those oddballs who wishes it was a little MORE plastic, cause that would be the total doll deal, but it's not quite there. Still worth checking out if your into that kind of thing though(attn: Bruiseviolet!).

I'll probably layer this one w/Lindee's My little Cupcake to make it more plastic. On its own though, its very cute. Light sweet and creamy. A bit too fleeting to merit an FB for me, but I'll enjoy the sample.

Edited by cheeseburger79