Fairy Cake: Daffodil

Beccah

AD-DaffodilFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Daffodil

Golden bright daffodils frosted with sweet layers of buttercream, whipped cream and marshmallow fluff crown a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

DAFFODIL ~ Regard, sympathy and affection returned, true eternal love, fertility, luck.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first experience with daffodil that I'm aware of. This is an immediate FB for me ! The floral strikes me as happy, creamy and delicious, a bit like ..I don't know, I keep sniffing it. Perhaps it's more blended with the other ingredients to my nose than the other florals. I keep thinking "yellow". It just smells yellow, rich, springtime to me. I could swear there's amber in there, it's that smooth.

I am going by memory, as I do not have them in front of me, but I have been wearing Highland Fling almost every day for a month so it's fresh in my mind.

Highland Fling is more complex and dense in my opinion. The Daffodil oils I used in Fairy Cake are a little greener and fresher so it's got a lighter feel, while HF is like intense syrup to my nose.

Does that help?

This is the first sample that I grabbed & it's yum! It's cake-y & slightly floral. I can't really pick out the daffodil notes, I'm just getting a floral impression.

I am going by memory, as I do not have them in front of me, but I have been wearing Highland Fling almost every day for a month so it's fresh in my mind.

Highland Fling is more complex and dense in my opinion. The Daffodil oils I used in Fairy Cake are a little greener and fresher so it's got a lighter feel, while HF is like intense syrup to my nose.

Does that help?

For me they are very different. Fairy cake Daffodil is soft and floral. Highland Fling is more green and stemmy and there is a strong buttercream presence that FC doesn't have.

Thank you both, that is very helpful. :moneyfairy13::P

For me they are very different. Fairy cake Daffodil is soft and floral. Highland Fling is more green and stemmy and there is a strong buttercream presence that FC doesn't have.

oh good. That's what I'm hoping for here. Have to try this tomorrow. Can't try anymore today, I'm sniffed out :lol:

Though, I do plan to try the oatmeal for bed time. I couldn't possibly smell anything else right now.

Lots of surprises so far :)

This is the first of the Fairy Cakes I've tried. I'm not usually a floral scent girl, but I really like this. It's very soft and has a sunny and golden feel to it. Very pretty for springtime.. I'm not getting a heavy cake from it.. But a very smooth, light vanilla. Its wearing very close to the skin and isn't in your face. Not heavy at all and just lightly sweetened.

Me and baby got to work (I slathered Daffodil 10 minutes beforehand) and immediately my BF says wow you guys smell good! So I think this one is a win!

I don't usually go for floral fragrances, but this is so light and fresh and soft...it's not loud but it's noticeable - it's nose friendly to me too :) It stays flower forward but it's light and creamy and very lovely.

I love Highland Fling and these two scents are completely different to me. I don't wear HF often even though I love it - 1 of the few I will wear when feeling like a floral, lol. This is much softer and lighter, so soft in fact that it's going on my FB contender list :heart:

Damn it--I like this one, too! It's so soft and delicate and feminine. I wish it was a teensy bit stronger, personally, but I'd be willing to reapply as necessary. I thought it might be too sweet in the vial, but on my skin it just becomes this delicate floral that I kind of want to marry.

This is very soft. A delicate Daffodil perched on top of a soft vanilla cake. On my skin the floral is soft and round. I get just a hint of earthiness and a very light whiff of green intermingled with the flower. Very feminine & youthful without being crazy sweet. Another great Floral Fairy.

*cries*

In the vial I absolutely love this one, and I like daffodil in certain scents - such as Betrothal Potion - and I thought this would be the one I'd really like since Highland Fling didn't smell right on me. But on my skin this is a soft vanilla and it's really nice but there's literally just the slightest whiff of daffodil and I wanted what I smell in the vial: a fresh-cut sweetened daffodil. I'm hoping with aging the floral part evens out with the sweetness.

Some of the other florals weren't my kind of thing, and having grown up with lots of daffodils in the backyard and not especially cared for what little scent I could pick up from them, I wasn't sure I'd like this one....but it's delicious from start to long dry down. Wet it has a very springy - not like the season, I mean like a Slinky - bouncy sunshiny vibe, bright and light. It felt a lot like whoopsy daisy cake. It just keeps getting better and better on me through dry down. Late drydown is yellow frosting thickly folded with marshmallow goo, just incredible.

Edited by tyvey

'Kayso...this doesn't smell like the daffs here on the mountain...but it evokes their...their growing groups, I guess, and their *stems*, if that makes any sense. It's like what I get if I keep my nose out of the bells of the flowers, but cut a few and take the handful inside to put in a vase. It's this cut-flower, outdoorsy, lightly sweet freshness...with a frosted cupcake! It's beautiful, and the longer I have it on the more I love it. :heart: Will come back to report on long drydown! :)

ETA...Squee!!! here it is, 40+ minutes later, and it's gotten BETTER. In fact, it shifted itself not that long after I posted earlier. I now have more flower with my cupcake, and it's sweeter--but more like a sugared sweet--and it smells more daffy! :w00t:

YUMMM - EEEEEEEE!!! :hearts0425: :hearts0425: :hearts0425:

P.S....and there's this underlying creaminess to it all. *drool*

Edited by ElizabethOSP

I really like this one. It's so pretty and fresh smelling. Highland Fling took awhile to grow on me, and I love it now, even though the buttercream and I went rounds at first.

This is just super pretty, but it does fade fast on my skin.

This is a light floral perfect for people who can't handle the headier flowers. The daffodil is light and has a clean and mildly soapy quality. The cake is light and airy, like a Lady Baltimore Cake with gobs of that fluffy white frosting it has. Creamy and yummy and perfect for spring!

• 9 months later...

Thought I'd add this almost a year later. :) Even though we've gotten some gnarly storms lately, it's finally starting to feel like Spring! Got out my Fairy Cake: Daffodil and renewed the addiction!!! I cannot stop snooping myself whenever I wear this one. Can't do it. MUST detect EVERY SINGLE MORPH it does. It's fresh yet syrupy Daffs (with cake) for a goodly long time. Then the Daffs get fresher, and the balance goes 50/50 with the cupcake...which is most definitely frosted. This lasts another good while. At extreme dry down, the cupcake is forefront and the Daffs are across the room. GODS but I love this!!!

:burning-heart:

ETA...and on unbelievably extreme drydown? Hah! The Daffs come back over to sit next to the cupcake. :)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 2 months later...

This one took me aback just a little because the floral really pokes through and I was expecting a "candied floral" or I should say "caked floral". I get an instant whiff of vanilla, then right after that the daffodil, both the stem and flower. Then, it turns into equal parts cake, green, and flower. The floral is delicate, light, and fresh -- think early spring. This one is a lightweight on me. It fades after about 6 hours and I have to reapply unlike some other Fairy Cakes, but its wonderful cakeness sticks around. I also own Highland Fling and find it more intense and more vanilla on me with a only a hint of the daffodil. Two totally different fragrances.