Fairy Cake: Fairy Floss

Beccah

AD-FairyFlossFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Fairy Floss

Pink sugar and brown sugar-sweetened resins slathered with hot spun sugar frosting decorate a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils.

• 2 weeks later...

To me this is a delicious "virgin" OCCo Pink cupcake with a creamy swirl of sugary vanilla frosting. The touch of Amber in the base grounds the scent and adds a little depth and longevity.

If you are a girl that loves Maras sweet, sexy, Pink scents you have to try this. :)

This one is a pink frosting, somewhat reminiscent of the Hot Spun Sugar Hydrating Water, but creamier and a little less sweet. I don't get much cake, but in the long dry down, the brown sugar comes out more and makes it richer. I think I detect the vanilla more later, too.

Pink! Yes and VERY.I agree with Bella and think it's reminiscent of LP Pink too but the cake base is very distinct and sweet and absolutely swoon worthy! :heart:

Why are these all so sheer!? This is like just a hint of a scent...those fairies are teases! When I do manage to pin the scent down, though, it's a lovely cakey scent. Not overly so, just like a very delicate vanilla cupcake. I would love to get this one to use as maybe a base for the others, just to add that extra little smidgen of cake.

ETA: I just realized you could probably add this to just about anything to make it into more of a "cupcake" scent. Imagine the possibilities...say you layer this with Sugared Pomegranate or something like that...mmm! A pomegranate cupcake (what? I've never had a cupcake like that, lol). Cactus fruit cupcakes...daisy cupcakes...lime cupcakes...mango cupcakes...the possibilities are endless!

Edited by Lainey

Ooooooo! So what kind of things will help them linger or be "bolder"? Like layering over a sugared amber maybe?

This is the very first one I tried, and it's EVERYTHING I'd hoped it'd be! Spun sugar and vanilla cupcake. OMGYUM. It's sugary in the way I like--that spun sugar kinda note just makes me drool and melt into a happy puddle--and subtly vanilla-y, and sheer and lovely. It lasts a good while for me, and on extreme drydown the lingering remnants are slightly sugared vanilla. Omnomnomnom! :heart:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

This one is like a less-intense version of Spinnerett on me - it has that yummy hot spun sugar note, but it's not overwhelmingly sweet. And it's another one I think would be great for layering with other things for added sweetness. It stays true on me through the long drydown, softens a bit but doesn't lose its initial character.

I was thinking it was like Spinnerett too but then looked at the notes and saw they were nothing alike and just figured it was all in my head - so maybe I'm NOT bonkers after all :lol: I actually got this FB hoping it would be a backup to Spinnerett when I finally do my bottle in :heart: This is very sheer but OHHHHSOGOOOOD!

This one is like a less-intense version of Spinnerett on me - it has that yummy hot spun sugar note, but it's not overwhelmingly sweet. And it's another one I think would be great for layering with other things for added sweetness. It stays true on me through the long drydown, softens a bit but doesn't lose its initial character.

I never thought of Spinnerette as Pink but it is very sweet and full if fairy floss. I have to try them side by side now. :)

This Fairy Floss really isn't "pink" to me, not like LP Pink or other scents of that ilk. It smells like hot spun sugar and so that's where my comparison with Spinnerett comes from.

This Fairy Floss really isn't "pink" to me, not like LP Pink or other scents of that ilk. It smells like hot spun sugar and so that's where my comparison with Spinnerett comes from.

Maybe it's the label that has me at pink. :)

But yes, once you said that I had to try the Spinnerette and Fairy Floss. I definitely get what you are saying. The spun sugars and the brown sugar here, Spinnerette has something like BS in it too. FF being the "lite" version for the summer. Together though they are SWEET!! lol. I'm craving all savory foods today because I'm wearing my sweet tooth, literally, on my sleeve.

Edited by StacyK

This one is yum yum spun sugar candy crystals and vanilla. At first I thought it might get too sharp...but no worries - The dry down is to die for! I slathered and went ahead with my morning hair/makeup routine. I kept catching whiffs of bakery goodness and realized its ME! This smells so good, like cotton candy and vanilla cupcakes. I always need a bottle of this in my stash.

• 2 weeks later...

OMGGGG this is pink cupcake heaven!! I get a delicious blend of pink fairy cotton candy sugared cupcakes with a little bit of pink amber. It reminds me of Amber Enchantment. It also has staying power!! This is perfect for big little pink cupcake princess girls!

• 1 month later...

I waited this long to try this Fair Cake because I just assumed it would be too pink for my tastes. I should have read the reviews because Luna pointed out that it is not as sweet or pink as the more popular pink scents here. It really does work well on me! And again as Luna pointed out not as intense as Spinnerette which I kind of liked but then couldn't completely handle. Something in here just doesn't let this pinkness get out of control. It's buttery too which I love. I ended up layering it with Pumpkin Fairy Cake today just out of boredom and playing with my bowl of Fairy Cakes samples and this is definitely one of my favorite combos!!

Yes. Definitely not as sweet as Spinneret! :lol: Tho I do like that one, which is weird because I don't usually go for the super sweet scents.

This one is light and pretty. Great if you are a Pink fan but want a pinky scent that not to loud or sweet. Very layerable.

I love this one! I agree with the first review by Bella, that this is a lot like LP w/o the patch and it is great! It's such a pretty, soft, pink scent. It's like a vanilla and a just spun hot cotton candy but not too sweet sort of scent. Perfect for the office or anytime you just need something soft and light. I'm going to have to get a FB of this one because I can see wearing this one a lot.

ETA: I forgot to add that it lasts a long time too. It's early morning on the following day and I can still smell this!

Edited by tink333

• 1 month later...

Ahh, nah. I like the way it smells, a lot. It does remind me of the wonderful LP Pink scents that I love, but its like you put them on a diet,it's just too light for me. I can appreciate that a lot of people would enjoy this as a sheer scent and for layering, but me, I like to eat ALL the dessert.

This is is like cotton candy on steroids. Completely blows Aquolina Pink Sugar out of the water. Cotton candy and cake notes might sound like a recipe for something cloying but this isn't overwhelmingly sweet at all. I think that the resins balance out all that sugar, even though I can't exactly pick them out, but there is something there that gives this more depth beneath the food notes. And it really lasts, too--I went 9 hours without reapplying and it was still pretty present.

• 10 months later...

Just wanted to chime in on Fairy Cakes: Fairy Floss because it is on the sale list right now. For those of you who love LP Pink, this is right up your alley (as others above have stated), especially for those who love LP Pink, but don't care for the Patchouli. It is truly delicious!!!! I detect the cake a bit also, but it isn't overpowering the floss-it's well balanced and not too sweet or sour...it's just perfect!!! Well worth it to grab a bottle or two on the sale page while there are some left!!! :D

• 4 months later...

This is exactly what I was hoping for: pinky goodness with yummy buttery vanilla--but vanilla that thankfully did not go plastic on me. I love catching whiffs of this on myself! Will be perfect for those days that I want to feel extra girly. Will definitely pair soon with Cougar UN :D

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 1 year later...

I got this last week, & I'm kicking myself for not getting a full oz bottle.....I am a huge sucker for pink scents, & this, aside from Love Potion Pink, is by far the best that I ever tried. I am legit addicted to this one....I have to stop myself from slathering it on all day. It's such a beautiful, sweet scent. It smells like a much better version of Pink Sugar, mixed with sweet spun sugar & decadent vanilla. It is absolutely exquisite ! I ordered this mainly to wear with my UN Lace, & just ordered a trial size of Pink OCCO to go with both. I've never been so pleased with pink scents in my life.