Fairy Cake: Figgy

Beccah

AD-FiggyFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Figgy

A quartet of sweet and earthy fig notes slathered with pink-and-brown sugar buttercream frosting. blended with a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.

• 2 weeks later...

This is such a beautiful scent. This is the LP fig type I love. It's a delicious refined fig with the light addition of sugars & vanilla. The fig is so wonderful it crossed that neutral zone from foody to perfume. The figgy is a big tease, begging to be huffed.

This is a very feminine warm scent. Sweet but not unsophisticated. This is great as a fragrance on it's own. I can also see layering it with the Honey or Oatmeal. WIN!! I love it!

:purr:

Yeah! Stacey's description is right on. This is GORGE. I don't get the cake out of this one which is refreshing at the moment because I am covered in NR's getting a little caked out. This is refreshing! And actually very classy lady!!!!! Full bottle no question!!!!

Apparently I'm a figgy Ho! lol I don't get cake here either, just a gentle sweetness. It's a beauty! :purr:

I get a warm, earthy fig, lightly sweet. I agree it crosses over from a strictly 'foodie' classification. Honey would definitely compliment it, maybe as a single note rather than another blend. I'd rather not break the balance of this one.

Eta: This is by far the strongest fairycake so far, it's still going strong at 12:30 pm

Edited by katz

I found this very "green" to me and wasn't fond of it as far as a "me" scent - Buuuuuut my GUY loves it and has claimed it. Has even told me to order a bottle and he will wear it! :it-s-a-beautiful-thing:

This is a green fig (and therefore the kind I like) but sweeter. It's interesting because I'm not sure what I think about that; I'm used to a drier type of green fig - with woody accents, for example - so I have to ponder this particular direction. I do not get any of the cupcake notes except as a vague sense of sweetness. I think I'll probably end up wanting a little bottle.

Wow, this one is intoxicating. First of all, let me just say that in my experience, figs don't smell like this. I wish they did! Even though I love figs. But to my nose, for some reason this smells more floral. Even a bit soapy, like those luxurious, high-end decorative soaps you find in fancy places.

I don't get cake at all, really, but I don't even care. I'm in love with this scent. It went a bit sharp on me for awhile, but it seems to have softened up again. I am definitely going to need a full bottle of this. This is another scent I want to marry. I'm collecting quite the scent-harem over here.

^^^ :lol: Lainey - "scent harem"!

Me too! Some that I thought I would love were - well, yes, just that fantastic, and some left me wanting more and some surprised the HECK out of me as MUST HAVES. I don't think I'll have any trouble picking 12 bottles! The trick will be LIMITING them to 12...:P

FIrst of all, I must preface this by saying I'm not entirely sure I know what fig smells like! That being said, this one is quite green on me, with a slight soapy tinge. It was one of those I had to sit with for a bit, simply because my nose was expecting cupcake and this didn't come off as cakey at all. Once I stopped expecting it to be something else, I began to enjoy it as a clean green scent.

Ooooohhhh, FIGGYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

:burning-heart::burning-heart::burning-heart:

I am a Fig Whore. Took me years to figure it out. After what luna said, I just may be a GREEN Fig Whore, because this perfume has the exact fig feel that I crave. I don't get a lot of cake with this one, except as a faint ghost haunting my clothes at the end. I *do* get that wonderful fig that starts out sharp--like when you open a fig fresh off the tree--and then it climaxes into that luxurious perfumy fig which for me defies words. I can't define it; I just know I LOVE it. Also, this is, so far, the only one of the Fairy Cakes where I can still smell the main note on my skin *the next day*. It's elusive, almost suconscious, and yet it is indeed there.

Edited by ElizabethOSP

I really love Figgy! I smelled it many times in the bottle and wasn't all that compelled to try it on. I have a green fig in Coquette so I didn't think I was going to need a bottle of Figgy. Boy was I wrong! My BFF was down last night and she fell hard for Figgy. So I got out my bottle of Coquette for her to try since she also loves honeysuckle. Sure enough she liked Coquette better after wearing both. But it got me curious. First thing I did this morning was try on Figgy. It is different in that it softens almost instantly. The cake and vanilla aspects of it are amazing with the green fig. I have reapplied several times today instead of trying something else. I'm hooked! Must have bottle.

I too adore Figgy! When I ordered my sampler I went ahead and got bottle of this. It wasn't until recently that I realized I love plum....LP Exotica, Enchanted Wonderland, Ishtar's Star..... This is a perfect green fig with a perfect soft sweetness.

This was by far the strongest fairy cake I've tried - absolutely huge body and ALLLLLL green. It felt at least unisex to me if not slightly masculine. Its mood reminded me of Irish a Spring in fact. Doesn't smell anything like that of course, just the vibe. It smelled very similar on me to the coquette fig but, unlike the latter, in which it does a nice dance with the other notes, in this it was kind of overpowering. I tried to wait through late dry down but it just was not going anywhere and I was impatient to try others. Will try again.

I'm VERY excited to have another scent man beast approves of and there's a bottle on the way just for him! It's green enough that it smells really good on him. The sweetness isn't as prominent in this one - at least not on him. This - for me - was my least favorite and I would not have worn it because I think I must not like thing I find too "green". Many greens scents come across to me as masculine so I'm tickled that my guy likes this and that his LP list is, ever so slowly, expanding as well - if helps to justify my own hobby of love and LP collecting...at least that's what I tell myself :lol:

This one was so good that I not only got a FB but I just went ahead and bought Coquette too. It's funny "green" did not come into my head and when I wore the last of my sniffy I still didn't smell green'ness on my skin.

But all these other reviews are convincing me.

I originally passed on Coquette because I thought that fig was too green. So maybe I made a mistake with Coquette and since I love Bang I just went for it.

I've done this before with LP and it all came together. :)

Sometimes you just have to go for it.

So I waited for a few hours to try my FB of this. After my bizarre experience with the Magnolia. This one is also a little sweeter, a little more vanilla but other than that the Fig is there, up front and basically the same. So that was a relief.

This is really beautiful. Wet I thought okay.. figs.. but as it started to dry down and meld with my chemistry, something happened. Something that smells elegant and sexy. It's like a shimmering slinky earth toned dress with sexy heels and loose hair in waves. It's like wearing something primal and jungle-y but with silk panties. I get no cake at all, and I don't care this is really sexy and beautiful. I want to wear mud on my face and heels. This is Raquel Welch in a bottle.

original.jpg

This didn't seem to smell like other figs on me. Maybe because those read as foody and like many others have said, this one comes across as perfumey. It's absolutely beautiful: sweet and rich but not too heavy for the summer. As this one dries down, I get an earthy, vaguely vanilla, warm skin scent. No real cake at all.

This is really beautiful. Wet I thought okay.. figs.. but as it started to dry down and meld with my chemistry, something happened. Something that smells elegant and sexy. It's like a shimmering slinky earth toned dress with sexy heels and loose hair in waves. It's like wearing something primal and jungle-y but with silk panties. I get no cake at all, and I don't care this is really sexy and beautiful. I want to wear mud on my face and heels. This is Raquel Welch in a bottle.

original.jpg

OMG yes. It's true.

I am NOT sharing this thread with Man Beast :lol: He is liking this and on him it smells clean and VERY green, like an aftershave or maybe a deodorant I can't put my finger on... Almost too green. He's been softening it by using a bit of maple over it and ZOMG! YUM!

MUHAHAAAAAA! Soon he will be as bad as the rest of us! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

:nice09715: beautiful scent, deffinetley smelling vanilla notes lawyered perfectly with fig notes. :nice09715:

Edited by AncientGoddess

• 6 years later...