Fairy Cake: Gardenia

Beccah

AD-GardeniaFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Gardenia

Sensual white gardenia blossoms slathered in hot spun sugar frosting adorn a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

GARDENIA ~ Mood elevator; powerfully 'magnetic' for women, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly this one is not working for me, I think I'm having the same problem as I did with Aloha Pumehana - a sort of plasticky smell to it. I'm guessing that the combination of gardenia and dairy notes has this effect on my skin. :(

I have a body oil spray with gardenia, and I just don't love it. I keep trying though, because it was expensive. I thought maybe if I wore it with this, it would be tolerable. It didn't really help. I think I just am not a fan of gardenia.

I think this may be one of my least favorites so far. I don't think I'm familiar with gardenia. The oddest description is that , while wet, it seems like a pina colada that has gone somehow sour? I know right? After dry down there's the vanilla and the floral note goes somewhat waxy on me. Travel shock? I'll have to revisit after a bit...

ETA, it's VERY light and unobtrusive. It really only has that waxy thing going on when I'm close up and huffing my arm, from a distance it reminds me of something beachy actually and is growing on me, hmm....

Edited by NuTrix

This one smells quite nice on me! It's a very true gardenia note and it's dominant, so probably have to be a fan to enjoy it. It's not as sweet as I expected, and I'm getting something almost spicy from it. The background is a rich, butter cake. I'm getting a scent memory of my grandma's old house. Not sure if she had gardenias, because I was very, very young when she lived at this place, but I do remember her delicious butter cookies!

Edited by BlueBear

Arrrgh!!!! Eyes rolling to the back of my head LOVE! I love gardenia in the right blend...there's been some that haven't worked for me but this one is obviously working. It's like buttery gardenia. Luscious. I get that bit of spice too. I am a huge fan of Aloha Pumahana and don't know if they are too close for me to justify getting a FB right now as I still have Aloha. This one is gorgeous layered with the Honey Fairy Cake too!

I don't know where to start w theses reviews but since the florals are a suprise hit in this line (I thought the berry lp's would be and some are..) but this line is made for lighter layered scents so the gardenia doesn't come off too perfumed, same goes for tuberose, lilac and even violet, these are never on my radar but all smell beautiful.

I loved Aloha Pumehana. I'll slather in gardenia cake... Now when I first applied this, I was like YASS BITCH! ITS SOOO GOOD!

BUT- then the dry down happened and the gardenia got a little.. Dusty? Or plasticky? It does something weird and I'm not sure about it now. I'll have to retry another time because I usually love gardenia!

Edited by hearts

I like gardenia, but I'm also a little picky about it. I was spoiled with real gardenia perfume oils at a young age.

On initial application it's a bright full bloom but as it quickly dries down it's not great on me. It just smells off and a bit artificial.

I'm not heart broken because there are so many floral winners in this bunch. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I too love Gardenia. One of the few florals I can wear well, but it takes a special one to work with my weird PH. So I tried a small bottle of this one to see what would happen. Leave it to me. This went very strange for me. NOT bad, but strange. I sniffed it in the bottle and smelled the sugar and vanilla and a subtle Gardenia scent. I put a generous amount on each wrist, waited about 5 minutes, and sniffed. ( that was SUCH a long 5 minutes!) Well.. according to my nose and my partner's as well, my skin manages to morph this into of all things, either Root Beer or Sasparilla! ( are they actually the same thing btw?) How did I manage this? Pffffft!!! As if I know! Well I do have some straight Gardenia oil which is a bit too floral for me, so I am going to try layering some on with this and see what happens. :)

Rose, I'm wearing this one tonight and I smelled that odd note right at first. I was alarmed. B) I couldn't define it--Sarsaparilla says it pretty well for me!--and it stayed there for a couple minutes. I decided that my chemistry had destroyed it. But suddenly the whole thing relaxed, turned into a beautiful Gardenia, and has stayed true to that for the last couple hours. I'm going to test this more. If it continues to shift from root to bloom like it did tonight, I will need more of it. This is gorgeous! :w00t:

Edited by ElizabethOSP