Fairy Cake: Gingerbread

Beccah

AD-GingerbreadFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Gingerbread

Three types of warm delicious gingerbread accords, drizzled with a caramelized brown sugar glaze and a sprinkle of fairy sweet pink sugar, crown a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils and a drop of sweet amber resin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells.

Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.

• 2 weeks later...

Not what I expected ! In the vial, I get an immediate association with drinking Holiday chai tea. It's that strong. I can taste the spices. As it dries, the gingerbread recedes some to my nose and it just becomes pumpkin cakey goodness. If you are a foodie fan, do NOT pass up on this one. I can see myself wearing this Fall and Winter.

This is one of my very favorites! This is just delicious and yes - I agree- if you're a foodie fan DO NOT pass this up!

Wait, on second thought - it's absolutely dreadful and you should all just let me buy them out because no one else is sure to enjoy it :lol:

What a spicy, goo-ey, buttery, thick delicious batter of confectionary goodness! I would lick the bowl of this clean and beg for more - not wait - I'd forget filling the cookie trays and just LAPP up the batter...who needs cookies when you've got this?! This is spiced, warm and WONDERFUL.

I'm going to stop now, because I don't want to start a stampede...I need BOTTLES of this...BOTTLES...

This reminds me somewhat of Frosted, but it's more sugary. It's really soft on me, though, I think it might fade a little too fast.

This one was a bit of a disappointment -- I tend to like my gingerbread fairly robust and it went on very soft and barely there for me. The scent was more purely ginger, and I was hoping for more spiciness. I will try again in a week in case it's my skin being off due to hormones or poor food choices.

Lol BC! That's why I like this so much. Perhaps even more than the Oatmeal.

On my skin I get a rich moist Gingerbread. But it's not so heavy and sweet it's in danger of giving me a toothache. I get the warm ginger followed by a smooth sweet cake, I get just enough of the brown sugar to round out the scent but it's not amping on my skin which is a great change of pace.

I like this, it's both rich & foody, but not overwhelming. I could wear this almost anywhere.

This reminds me a little of Garland and Lace, minus the creaminess. It's less sweet, too. A nice piece of gingerbread. It may be that I didn't moisturize as well as I typically do, but my skin just ate this up. It was gone in a couple of hours. I will try again on moisturized skin.

Slathered this generously the other night but it faded so quickly :( I ADORED it though while it was there, and I did get a waft of sugared goodness here and there so maybe I went scent blind to all but the sugar? Idk. I'm not giving up...

Oh I MUST have this for holiday time. Most gingerbread scents go too spicy on my skin. Too gingery or too cinnamon-like. This is perfection. A very true gingerbread cookie and creamy vanilla. I love how foodie this is but its not very heavy.

This wears so light BUT IT'S SO GOOD!!! I'm going to go ahead and get a back up bottle - I WILL FIND A WAY TO MAKE THIS LAST - or I will just slather and slather until it's all gone :lol:

This is comforting and yummy frosted gingery cakey goodness. It has this warmth that I get--and ADORE--from certain perfumes, and I've come to the conclusion that it's at least ginger, and probably ginger in combination with amber. Or maybe it's just a certain amber. :)

I tried it out yesterday on one wrist with the Fairy Cake Pumpkin on the other wrist. As soon as I put the Pumpkin on, I couldn't smell the Gingerbread much any more. I thought that maybe the Pumpkin had done a number on my sinuses...and I was right. Today I'm wearing Gingerbread by itself. It has NOT disappeared. Yay! I have not yet hit long drydown, but as it's going, this one is getting sheer but still hanging in there. YUM!

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Oh I MUST have this for holiday time. Most gingerbread scents go too spicy on my skin. Too gingery or too cinnamon-like. This is perfection. A very true gingerbread cookie and creamy vanilla. I love how foodie this is but its not very heavy.

Yes, sometimes I have a problem with those spices too. But it is more cinnamon and nutmeg that are to blame. I'm always ok with Ginger.

I like it because its like "spiced heat" on my skin instead of just "spicy" .

I even have issues with La Syl. The nutmeg just heats up and smells burnt after a time.

Gingerbread, Figgy & Honey are my foodie faves of the FCs

Edited by StacyK

I'm currently loving this layered with the maple. This is so light though, and vanishes WAY more quickly than I'd like...so I carry it with me and re-slather as needed :lol:

• 2 years later...

There are gourmand scents, and then there are true "foodie scents" (not an official statement, just my interpretation of the category) So many commercial scents are called gourmand, and they smell nothing like something you would consume (such as Angel, Euphoria, etc) .

My tastes have changed quite a lot over the years, and whether this is due to life events, or just "because," for whatever reason, I've come to love foodie scents. And I mean fragrances that really truly smell like food or beverages. I enjoy them even more so if they strongly evoke a season, or holiday time. I can't make a blanket statement that I love all scents in that category, of course, but, generally speaking, I am drawn to them.

There are some that are too foodie for me, I don't want to smell like I spilled coffee on myself (not a stretch, believe me) or have chocolate icing smeared on me... well actually that sounds kind of good haha, but, for the most part, a seasonal food scent is right up my alley.

Gingerbread Fairy Cake is wonderful! At first I can actually smell the icing on the cake :) and then it moves on to the moist cake goodness. How Mara can create something that smells "moist" or "crisp" is beyond me, but she has, and does, and this is gingerbread perfection. Its warm rosy memories of holiday times past spent with family and friends, it's snuggling in front of a crackling fire with snow softly falling outside... It's sneaking one more piece of cake from the tin when you've already had a slice, but one was just not enough!

It is definitely layerable,, It lasts at least six hours on my skin, and I'm glad opted for the larger size bottle.

Edited for coherence.

Edited by rose