Fairy Cake: Lavender

Beccah

AD-LavenderFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Lavender

A cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils and a drop of sweet amber resin, blended with relaxing French and Tassi Lavender and a dollop of salted caramel, slathered with fluffy marshmallow frosting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.

• 2 weeks later...

I was expecting a sweet lavender - this is not it. It's adult, confident lavender, I'm guessing from the pairing with the salted caramel. It quite fascinates me and I can't stop huffing my wrist. The juxtaposition of the sweet, salty and slightly herby ingredients makes this complex. A celtic-themed wedding, would be a lovely background for this. Perhaps of all the cupcake offerings, this is the most representative of the fey folk. Complex, spiritual, morphing, lovely.

This goes on and continues on, pretty heavy on the brown sugar. I amp brown sugar btw. After about 15 min I begin to get the lavender, but not much. I'm a lavender lover most of the time, so I always want more Lavender. The soft cake comes through to make a sweet brown sugared, lavender cake on my skin.

ETA

I just received these today so I'm only trying out a few. I will have to revisit these after they settle.

I am heartbroken as i suspected I would be. I don't like French Lavender. It's the camphor heavy kind. It seems like it's been in a lot of stuff in the last year. Plus the caramel is too much for me. I tried and tried to let it settle and morph into something I would love but after 4 hours I washed it off. :nope02716:

I was really curious about this one and from my initial sniff, it reminds me of the lavender in UN - that's not necessarily a bad thing to me, but I am wondering how it's going to wear on me.

I was very curious to see how this would compare to Lady V's Midnight Snack, since that one also has lavender and salted caramel... this one feels much more lavender forward to me. The caramel is hanging back, just providing grounding sweetness. The lavender is intriguing -- quite strong and I get the camphor, but it is tempered a bit by the sugars. I think I'll stick with MS, but this is quite tempting.

Surprisingly for me, I like this one. It does have that camphor quality to it, but because it reminds me of UN for some reason, I don't mind it like I normally would. And I get just a touch of the salted caramel, but not as much as in LV's Midnight Snack. But the combination of the two qualities is really intriguing to me, and I could see myself wearing this for bedtime.

This smells more like a bath and body product or even a wax tart vs. a perfume. I can see the attraction for a foody lover or for a young girl (and yes, I might buy for my nieces) but it's not my kind of smell. Gosh, can you imagine how awesome this would be in a wax tart? Wowser.

I did not like this in the vial. It's really medicinal to my nose. Then I put it on, and when I huffed it next to my skin - ick. Still not liking the lavender. But then something happened. When it was nowhere near my nose I got this delicious caramel fragrance - apparently salted caramel. Then I lean in and WHAM - not really liking the lavender. Sooooooo, I left it on and stopped huffing it and just enjoyed the delicious salted caramel fingers that were reaching out beyond the lavender. Now - about an hour and a half later the lavender is no longer attacking me and all I get is soft delectable drizzled caramel - LOVE! This JUST went on my FB list for the dry down. alone I can suffer past the initial medicinal pinch to get to THIS. And who knows? Maybe the lavender will chill over time? :heart:

I was really looking forward to this out of all the new releases, unfortunately this is very foodie on me. I barely get any lavender. It smells like a brown sugar/cookie candle with a touch of something floral. But I love the sparkles in the bottle!

All right, everyone. I am a LAVENDER SLUT. Camphorous, sweet, dark, light...I love lavender. Since becoming an adult of a certain age--heh--my family and I have used it medicinally...a LOT. It heals our burns and cuts brilliantly, and helps with headaches. So I have lovely associations with it...but I've loved it as long as I can remember.

That said, I was intrigued by this in the vial. On my skin, I was fascinated by how the lavenders developed and melded with the cake. I'm with luna--one of my very first thoughts was, "Oooh! Another nice bedtime lavender!"

I get a nice lavender-forward scent at first. Then, when the lavs meld with my chemistry, the cupcake comes up and balances with them. I have a wonderful lavender cake scent going for a goodly long time. It's sheer like all of these seem to be, and eventually it wafts off into the nether regions. LOVE.

:hearts0425: :hearts0425: :hearts0425: Oh and P.S. Even though my first thought was of beddy-bye perfume, I will be wearing this any damn time of the day or night. :)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Hmm, not sure this one is going to work out for me. Wet it's lovely, the lavender blends well with the salted caramel and reminds me a bit of Fuzzy Wuzzy, but as it dries down, my skin is turning the caramel into burnt sugar, smoking up the kitchen and setting off the smoke detectors, *sigh* :nope02716:

I slathered this on generously today. It took a bit for the lavender to settle :lol: Even so, this was not a strong scent. Light and fleeting in and out of perception, not unlike the fae I suppose...:heart:

This type of lavender doesn't typically work on me. It's very medicinal, and I amp that. However, I think that camphor like quality works in this blend. It balances the rich caramel perfectly. It's dark and resinous on my skin, exactly the opposite of what I would expect in a lavender fragrance. It's very intriguing.

IKR? Exactly! And I was totally surprised because I normally can't deal with that type of lavender at all. I came to the conclusion that the camphor-like quality plus the sweetness must be what reminds me of UN.

I barely get any lavender all I get is sweet delicious cake! This reminds me of a cakier version of Fuzzy Wuzzy. I am really loving the cake part and am glad I don't get any camphor. I will have to wait and see what it does. I might have just jinxed myself by saying it smells like Fuzzy a bit. Tomorrow my skin will rebel and I will smell like the Halls of Medicine. Will come back to retest.

Surprisingly for me, I like this one. It does have that camphor quality to it, but because it reminds me of UN for some reason, I don't mind it like I normally would. And I get just a touch of the salted caramel, but not as much as in LV's Midnight Snack. But the combination of the two qualities is really intriguing to me, and I could see myself wearing this for bedtime.

I'm really getting the UN vibe from this one as well. Seems to go tad masculine on me.

ETA: I think this would smell really good on a man.

Edited by Beccah

• 2 weeks later...

I just used the last of my sample last night.

Must have more.

Was undecided about this on because of the type of lavender that I first get, but this is almost a compulsory kind of thing. I can't explain it. I must have more. Just 1 bottle. We'll start with just 1...

• 1 month later...

Another one I threw on the back burner because Lav ain't ma thing! But this is beautiful! I slathered before bed so let's see what happens but yeah this may work if someone is looking for a Fuzzy Wuzzy replacement. It's light lavender on me, no piercing headache, balanced well with the cake.

It was kind of fading already so I slathered more and now I really get the caramel! I like it even more now!!

• 8 months later...

This has rapidly become one of my "desert island" scents. I ordered it without reading the description or reviews and I was expecting it to be a sort of fluffy, marshmallow Lavender Cupcake. Instead it's an almost addictive caramelized lavender. Not caramel-and-lavender on me, but a toothsome, caramelized, chewy, lavender candy. Not the least bit camphorous on my skin, and absolutely to-die-for!

• 4 years later...

I love this one! It smells like a lavender salted caramel cookie! It's so unique and comforting! After awhile it smells like brown sugar but I love it! I combined it with sugared French vanilla and it smells delicious!