Fairy Cake: Lilac

Beccah

AD-LilacFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Lilac

A fresh and young take on this lovely blossom - a light and fluffy vanilla chiffon cupcake with a sheer layer of lilac flowers topped with whipped pink frosting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

LILAC ~ Inspires peace and harmony, humility, youthfulness, protection.

• 2 weeks later...

Second Fairy Cake that I'm trying out today. For the first half hour this smelled really soapy. now it's a really sweet floral.

This smelled really, really sweet in the vial, but on my skin, not so much. Florals tend to bloom on my skin, some more than others, and lilac is one of the worst offenders for me. (Which is a shame since I love it so!) And it did exactly that BUT the sweetness and the cake are strong enough to balance it out. It truly smells like eating a vanilla cupcake outside on a sunny spring day. I love it!

I really like this. The lilac lasts, which doesn't always happen for me. The cake is sweet and soft and in the background.

The lilac note has a very fresh element to it and it all comes together on my skin is a pretty, sweet & subtle way.

I really like this one I think because it is a lighter-toned version of lilac. That's a floral note which tends to be too heavy on me usually, it's really pretty and there's something which reminds me of the Lavender Fairy Cake as well - not sure what, but it's not wearing wholly sweet on me, at least.

ETA: as Stacy notes, it is very long-lasting. It's about of equal intensity wet and in the long drydown.

Mmmm another floral cake win for me. This one has lasted the longest on me of the ones I've tried so far. It's almost commercial smelling to me. A sweet, candied lilac with a hint of pink cake frosting. Lilac scents have never been on my radar, but this one is so beautiful. I did a slather this morning and I'm still getting whiffs of lilac frosting hours later.

Okay, I've only had this on for a little while...but IT SMELLS LIKE A LILAC CUPCAKE! I've never before been able to wear lilac scents because my skin destroys them. I love lilac flowers so very much. This really smells like I'm standing near blooming lilac bushes...with a cupcake...! As it dries down and melds, it gets creamy. It's not fading much, either--just sort of settling in for the duration. :)

And luna, I also get that reminiscent somethingorother harking to the Lavender Fairy Cake (which I also love).

Holy sheepshit. This is my first Fairy Cake review, but I've been sampling them and I haven't hit a no-go yet.

...............WOW. LILAC!

Hmm. This is kind of "clean soap" smell, but like at a spa or salon. It's very floral forward. It's staying very close to my skin. Like some of the others, it sits close like a body wash or some such thing, like you're skin smells like this naturally. Very unobtrusive. For anyone who likes those clean type fragrances, I think this will go over really well for you. It would be totally office friendly too :)

Until actually putting this on I'd never have imagined that this particular flower could blend so thoroughly with cake and frosting - it's so distinctive and seems like the kind of thing that would NEVER dissolve into and with something else so well. Wrong wrong wrong! In fact of all the fairy cakes I've tried so far I'd say this one is the MOST integrated (main thing and cake) - and from the first moment wet, even. I shouted YUM.

I grew up with masses of several varieties of lilacs outside my bedroom window so I know a thing or two about how they smell - and it's very realistic in the vial, but funny enough on my skin I would never have recognized it, such is the alchemy with the cake and frosting. There's something high end and vaguely glamorous about this one, too...I picture wearing it while descending a curved staircase in a gown and jewels :D

Hearts mentioned how this one is almost commercial smelling, and I have to agree. I don't know that I've smelled a lot of lilac perfumes, although Sneaky Clean has, white lilac, right? But wow, I love this. Definitely on my bottle list.

Hearts mentioned how this one is almost commercial smelling, and I have to agree. I don't know that I've smelled a lot of lilac perfumes, although Sneaky Clean has, white lilac, right? But wow, I love this. Definitely on my bottle list.

It does have that quality. Lilac in general has that quality to my nose. The full blown blooms have a clean floral fragrance. I wish I could post photos. I'd post one of my old lilac tree. I went Big FB on this.

The lilac and magnolia from this set are so dead on. I really smell the real thing with those. Well done. I already need more. I finished those sniffies off days ago.

I'm going to layer Magnoila Fairy with Molls Blue Magnoila next. :)

Edited by StacyK

• 10 months later...

I tried this for the first time in honor of Spring. :). At first it smelled like cupcakes and those decorative fancy soaps old ladies had in their bathrooms when I was young. It didn't seem to be blending very well BUT then after about 15-20 minutes it it turned into the most beautiful scent! I agree with everyone here that this smells like eating the best vanilla cupcake in the world while sitting under a lilac bush. I love this one! I'm falling in love with all the flower fairy cake scents. They're so beautiful.

I tried this for the first time in honor of Spring. :). At first it smelled like cupcakes and those decorative fancy soaps old ladies had in their bathrooms when I was young. It didn't seem to be blending very well BUT then after about 15-20 minutes it it turned into the most beautiful scent! I agree with everyone here that this smells like eating the best vanilla cupcake in the world while sitting under a lilac bush. I love this one! I'm falling in love with all the flower fairy cake scents. They're so beautiful.

Did you shake the bottle? I find you have to give these a good shake.