Fairy Cake: Magnolia

Beccah

AD-MagnoliaFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Magnolia

Three types of magnolia blossom slathered with creamy brown sugar frosting, perch atop a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils, a drop of sweet amber resin plus a luscious swirl of brown sugar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

MAGNOLIA ~ Nobility. Psychic enhancer; inspires peace and harmony; fidelity.

• 2 weeks later...

I can only smell the magnolia in this. I do have to say that the 'nolia is dead on. I mean this is how my driveway smells right now. Our magnolia tree has dropped hundreds of flowers everywhere and the smashed leaves smell just like this nolia oil. I look forward to waiting this one out. I'd really love the other notes to come through. I'll be back. :)

I'm having the exact same experience, StacyK! It's purely floral on me, straight out of the vial. And it really is perfection, as a pure floral. In drydown, I think I might be getting tiny wisps of vanilla, but I can't pick out any hint of brown sugar. I'll be interested to try again when it has settled a bit. But any magnolia lovers -- don't miss this one!

Omggg!! I don't believe I have smelled magnolia in my life! But unless they smell like fresh flower dream frosting cake I am definitely getting more than just the flower. This is the first Fairy cake I have tried and I am in LOVE!!

Omg sexy sundress in the early evening much?! As of right now....full bottle of this but...I have 29 more to go so I guess it's a little early to commit already.

This took me back to my second grade teacher. I think she wore a perfume that had a strong magnolia note. I can’t think of which. Anyhow, I am sure this is far lovelier, because what other perfumer would be so brilliant as to make a magnolia-vanilla cake fragrance? Because that’s exactly what this is. The magnolia is very forward in this. It tends to be sharp on me, but it is softened by the cake, which smells less sweet and more bready in this fairy cake scent. It is vaguely soapy in that clean skin scent way. A very innocent but at the same time sexy scent.

ETA: Je Reviens! That's the scent that I was thinking of. Now, it's been a couple of decades since I even thought about it, much less smelled it, so I couldn't tell you if they actually have any notes in common, but the mind is a funny beast.

Edited by BlueBear

I'm also having a scent memory with this one. But it reminds me of China Rain oil. It reminds me of my hippie childhood. I don't get this in the bottle but I did a big slather and that's what it reminds me of.

No scent memories for me, just a delicious floral, creamy, feminine and so far none of the floral fae have stabbed my senses. They've all be lovely and light - some of them have even seemed MORE foodie than floral. While this is prominently floral, I love how the cake base compliments it. While I wouldn't normally wear florals - I will wear every one of these!

So I'm doing round 2 of this today and it's very true to the 1st try, tho on the dry down I seem to get just a touch of the soft cake/vanilla but it's unobtrusive and stays in the back, just faint fluffy sweetness. The magnolia is so true to form. So much so that upon application I even get just a whiff of Indole. The same is true of the crushed magnolia petals littering my driveway. However that fades off, yay!!, and I'm left with the bright spring magnolias blooming and quickly falling onto a very mild sweetness.

The flower is very forward but elegant. FB

Edited by StacyK

So I'm doing round 2 of this today and it's very true to the 1st try, tho on the dry down I seem to get just a touch of the soft cake/vanilla but it's unobtrusive and stays in the back, just faint fluffy sweetness. The magnolia is so true to form. So much so that upon application I even get just a whiff of Indole. The same is true of the crushed magnolia petals littering my driveway. However that fades off, yay!!, and I'm left with the bright spring magnolias blooming and quickly falling onto a very mild sweetness.

The flower is very forward but elegant. FB

So is this pretty close to the sugared magnolia? Like I dont need both even though I am a newly discovered Nolia Ho?

I can't believe it, but that's one of the Sugared's I don't have. I have so many if the Sugared florals too.

I know this is not like any magnolia note I've smelled from LP before.

It's thick, heady and very natural smelling.

...........ETA: Je Reviens! That's the scent that I was thinking of. Now, it's been a couple of decades since I even thought about it, much less smelled it, so I couldn't tell you if they actually have any notes in common, but the mind is a funny beast.

My brain did the same thing, BB! And Je Reviens--I think that's it for me, too!!! I never would have pulled that outta my head. :)

I've given this one a quick test...I was *weak* and put some on not too long before I showered the henna out of my hair. Thus, I have not experienced extreme drydown. But OMG this is BEAUTIFUL. I get a true magnolia, perhaps enriched with the whiff of a cupcake. Perhaps. It's sweet, but not *too* sweet. It's voluptuous, yet also quite ladylike, so it does not overwhelm. What a perfect floral on my wrist!!!

:burning-heart: By the way, I am finding myself using this burning heart a whole lot with these Fairy Cakes. This collection is way more...what? Intriguing? Addictive? Seductive?...than I expected. :)

I love magnolias. I'm wondering if maybe we have different smelling magnolias here though.. lol. The magnolias I'm used to smell like a clean, fresh, creamy flower.

This is a beautiful perfume, but it smells like a spicy flower. Like a cinnamon magnolia. Maybe it's my skin chemistry.. I don't see that anyone else is getting that. Haha. I will try again, in a couple weeks and see how it smells.

Even with the benefit of Fae magic, I cannot wear Magnolia if it's the heart note or leading note of a fragrance, it does the hairspray thing on me.

ETA: in the long drydown it does morph enough that I get more of a true floral experience with it.

Ok so..I have my order today and did a full slather of my Fairy Mag. I gave the bottle a good shake.. and after application, the first thing to hit me was CAKE! the scent is very different from my sample. I used my full sample btw so I can't sit down and compare, today but this is a different experience. My sample was all mag. I didn't even smell cake the first day. The 2nd I thought there may be a faint whiff of soft cake after dry down. The mag was super natural, organic smelling like the crushed petals that littered my front yard a few weeks ago. This is a much sweeter vanilla cake version.

I like it, but I just get a whole lot of cake. The floral is in the background :( I put a :( because as I said I do like it but it's not the OMG scent from my sample that had me so very excited.

I think that's Magnolia I smell in the background. I'm not sure if this is altogether another scent or just a different blend/ratio of the FCM. I just don't get that thick, natural, heady magnolia I got before. It's a lot if sweet vanilla. I never thought I'd long for that faint whiff of indole of the bruised flowers that hit then faded back. Weird. I'll wait a bit more but this is super different.

ok so update.

I went through the day and it was nice but super sweet. Almost a toothache level. My sample was not as vanilla heavy. Later I shook my bottle hard and applied I got the vanilla cake but also the Magnolia was back. It's still much sweeter but the flower tried to push past the sweet vanilla I didn't get that big cake thing I got earlier today. So it magnolia but sweeter than my first sample tries.

Edited by StacyK

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yay!! This covers Un CB! I was not sure it would work.

This has such an amazing amount of depth. I did a full lollipop slather of Un CB then a slather of Mag Fairy, smooshed it all together with my wrists & arms. Ohhh yes! Total scent coverage and I smell amazing. :D

• 1 month later...

Yo! Are these Fairy Cakes limited edition? Or will they be around for always like the Sugared scents?

I had this perfume from Avon when I was young called Comfort Scents spring--something. Anyway, it was a glorious pink flower scent. I don't know if it was sweet pea or magnolia, but I've been CRAVING it, and this months budget is spent(except I still haven't cashed out yet..so there's still time! :) ) anyway, what are the differences between magnolia and sweet pea to those who have tried both cakes? And are they in fact limited edition? Thanks in advance!!

Eta: I know that Maras version of the sweet pink flower I'm after will of course surpass Avon! :P

Edited by cheeseburger79

Yo! Are these Fairy Cakes limited edition? Or will they be around for always like the Sugared scents?

Re the Avon line: it was Spring Showers, I had that one too along with Hugs and Kisses, Autumn Breeze, Holiday Kiss, and Stonewashed Blue. Spring Showers was a sweet pea-based scent.

Like with the Sugareds, Mara will brew these as long as there is demand and she has the ingredients to do so.

SWEET PEA! Yes,Luna I had the Autumn One and the Stonewashed Blue..Spring Showers!! Thanks so much!! Wasn't that one pretty? Well now I know which Fairy Cake I NEED aside from Tuberose. I've really been craving that kind of pink floral sweetness,rather than pink sugar sweetness...I guess in a fairy cake I'll get both.

Thanks again, you have been incredibly helpful to me today!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not too familiar with magnolia scents... But wow I love this! I can't believe, yet another floral Fairy Cake that I'm shocked to like. I'm not a floral perfume wearing girl. This is a creamy soft floral that almost goes into clean territory. Almost. The cake notes really soften it and turns the scent into this plush and pillowy flower with fluffy vanilla that smells soooo good! I'm getting a "girl next door" vibe. A really carefree and not even trying kind of sexy.

• 1 year later...

This may just be the best floral Fairy Cake. I'm not much on florals, but I can only describe this as a creamy, yummy magnolia. When I first applied it, I thought it had a smoky quality which is fine. Then, it turned ever so slightly plastic and I thought...uh...nothing special. Then a couple hours in ... Bang! ... it really flipped a corner into something special! This is the first Fairy Cake I think that I may need a larger bottle of. If you like the floral fairy cakes, you will not be disappointed. The floral Fairy Cakes are the best florals ever!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just received this as a sniffie. I'm in love with it! Creamy frosting without being too sugary on me, and with an equal balance of floral so that I can call myself flowery, pretty, and elegant. I can definitely see why you went through two bottles already, missdarlyncherie. I just might do the same
Suitable in many settings, from formals to everyday.

When I received my 5ml FB, I had to take the rollerball out of the plastic socket. Nothing was coming out, otherwise. Works just fine now. I shake some drops onto my forearm and smoosh that around my torso.

Edited by Ivysaur

• 4 weeks later...