Fairy Cake: Maple

Beccah

AD-MapleFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Maple

Delicious maple syrup and maple sugar oils, slathered with sweet pink maple frosting, crown a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.

• 2 weeks later...

A sensual foodie, my third favorite of the NR's. Lickable, well blended with the pink frosting. Its like wet pancake mix with an extra slathering of real maple syrup and those little butter curls. LAM would be great with this - sensual but certainly not aggressive. Flirty and pretty.

OMYOSHONEOFMYFAVORITESFORSURE!!!!

This is such a buttery maple! Sticky, goo-ey and DELICIOUS - I could EAT my arm! I want to roll in this like catnip! Slather until I'm coated - 'til I OOOOOOOZ it from my pores...

That is all.

This smells delicious. It's not a total maple syrup scent.. Which I would've loved too... But a subtle sweet scent. Like a freshly baked vanilla cupcake with the tiniest bit of maple baked in. This one is all Pop Potion or SS4W type of scent for me. Love it!

I thought this would be my favorite but I've tried it several times now, quite a lot, and what I do get briefly is more buttery, as NuTrix says, than maple candy or maple sugar or maple syrup; more like a maple flavored butter, delicious, but VERY sheer, and gone within a few minutes :'( even the cake! Will have to try again another time of the month.

I was very surprised here. This is really a very soft, warm maple that works on my skin. I don't get the burned pancake thing I usually get with maple. It's maple sweet but not insanely sweet. It stays soft and true on my skin. Sheer but doesn't fade away to nothing. Surprise like!

I'm really surprised I'm not feeling this one because I love maple in fragrance - but this one is too loud on me, it's got some kind of weird undertone on my skin. Smells great in the vial, though.

Loud? I wish it were a bit louder on me :D Is a soft buttery maple - emphasis on the buttery - this makes me swoon every time I smell it! I thought I loved maple to begin with but this buttery addition is TO DIE FOR and I just love it! So far with my chemistry I'm not amping it and it's staying soft and delicious. It DOES last on me - which makes me VERY happy as many of the foodie Fae cakes I love are so light and sheer on me. I'm going to need back ups of this on...maybe back ups for the back ups... :lol:

ETA: While wet I get an almost butterscotch flavor...but it flits away quickly to buttery maple :heart:

Edited by NuTrix

Yeah see that's the weird thing about skin chemistry - everyone amps - or doesn't - a particular character. Like, I don't think the Strawberry is too sweet at all, but many others do.

Mmmmm! This smells like a stack of buttery pancakes drizzled with maple syrup. I say drizzled because while the maple is present, it doesn't overpower the other notes. In fact, the scent is much lighter than I would expect of a maple scent. Like others have noted, it's one of those skin scent fragrances.

I am actually wearing this one as my scent today. I just left a meeting where everyone was raving about the wonderful smell, and a small contingent was heading straight to the cafeteria afterward for pancakes because they were convinced they were venting their aromas into the conference room! :lol:

I am totally getting the buttery dripped in syrup pancake vibe here and I am loving it! This totally smells like warm fluffy freshly made pancakes slathered in butter drizzled in maple syrup. I cannot stop smelling my hand. I love this one too!

This is my, and man beast's, favorite of the fae cakes, so much so that I ordered him his own bottle to do with as he pleases! He's thinking that - as a TRUE LPer - he will layer a spray here and there - maybe with Voracious or Figgy.

:Emoticons04284: I'm SO proud of him! Brings a tear to my eye...

• 2 weeks later...

Gods, y'all!!! Another YUMMY one! And it totally pisses me off because Mr. Matt always makes comments about me smelling like maple syrup (which is not his favorite) when I wear scents like this but I LOOOVE them sooooo much!!! Heh. On me it smells like a cakey cookie with perfect maple frosting. Full stop. Total deliciousness. Geeze!

:burning-heart:

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I knew I was safe from this one because I'm not a maple fan in scents... they always feel sticky to me, and I have the urge to keep washing my hands. I should have know that there would be an LP to convert me! This is deep and sweet -- I get a maple sugar leaf candy vibe rather than a pancake vibe. But it's so soft and close-wearing that it works for me. I am shockingly tempted, especially now that I have it side by side with Oatmeal Fairy Cake, and the thought of layering them is starting to send shivers down my spine.

DO IT. They are wonderful together...

I have converted some of this to spray form. My only complaint is it vanishes too quickly - but that's why I have the spray...I fog regularly! I LOVELOVELOVE this one, I don't care that it flits away more readily than I would like, I still have bottles of it and am considering bottles more :blushing:

Man Beast LOVES this one too. Between us we have already obliterated a bottle. He pairs it with Figgy and it tones down the green. I will have to keep and eye out for more maple scents as these are real winners for my guy too :)

Oddly, he crinkled his nose at both - BUT that was before his LP acclimation. Perhaps it's time to re-test those...