Fairy Cake: Oatmeal

Beccah

AD-OatmealFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Oatmeal

Lusciously scotchy oatmeal oils slathered with creamy cotton candy frosting, slathered over a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils and a drop of sweet amber resin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

OATS ~ Prosperity, abundance, sustenance, money spells.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the one that smells most like fairy cake to me, or perhaps a delicious cookie. The oatmeal just blends so beautifully with the other ingredients. I feel like it's actually melting in my mouth. Just on the edge of too sweet - Mara knows where to stop ! My mind fills in the rest - an inviting kitchen, a warm oven, fresh treats. I swear I can smell a few raisins in there !Hubby's take : "smells good". OK, so he's a man of few words, hehe.

OMG this one is absolutely scrumptious! Warm buttery oatmeal cookies fresh out of the oven... and I'm with Androstenol, I think I smell raisins too! It's reminiscent of Totem: Goat but a softer, lighter vibe. I may need a full bottle to go with Animal Crackers and Warm and Toasty -- it's a delicious comforting scent!

This one is a warm, rich, comforting, buttery, oatmeal-vanilla cupcake on my skin. It's super sweet, but I don't get the cotton candy element I've noted in the others with that description.

A very indulgent warm scent that brings back memories of buttery oatmeal goodness cooking in the oven. I even smell a hint of warm cinnamon, a scent memory I'm sure. ;)

I'm really surprised at how sheer this is wearing on me, like a melting, buttery skin scent - "Why yes, I just smell like this naturally - isn't it amazing?" :lol:

I'm already thinking to layer with Maple or Gingerbread or Pumpkin or.....It's so soft and delicious and comforting. Yes, one of my favorites so far :)

This is just a really great basic yummy warm oatmeal scent, love it! I think it would be great for layering with other Fairy Cakes or Sugareds if you're of a mind to because it has that kind of quality to it, a base for other sweet or resinous scents.

ETA: it fades on me rather fast, though.

This one starts out as oatmeal with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon! There's no cinnamon in this, is there...but it's right there on me! Reminds me of Buns of Cinn. As it warms and melds, this holds for quite a bit. Then the cinnamon disappears, and there's this quiet, lovely oatmeal/vanilla-ish kinda thing going on. After a while it quiets down to a skin scent...then more subtle...and finally vanishes in the ethers. Yum.

Yeah I got a cinnamon impression too. I'm thinking that one of the accords in this has a cinnamon note to it, maybe.

I smell cinnamon too. I don't know about crazy.. I just thought it was a scent association ? At least I'm not alone :)

While wet I thought I read cinnamon too, but after it dried it was gone so I don't know if I really smelled it or not :lol: Cinnamon is a note I usually amp, and I didn't smell it after the dry down. How odd! :D

Edited by NuTrix

A very warm, comforting scent... It makes me want to snuggle. It's less cupcake; I get more warm gooey oatmeal cookies from it. I need one of these boosted with Balm Bomb or Teddy. This smells so freakin good and lasts a bit longer than some of the other Fairy Cakes. On me at least!

This is such a warm, comforting scent on me. I, too, got a sharp, sweet cinnamon note near the beginning before it faded to a rich buttery cake scent. That, too, faded faster than I'd like, but the remaining oatmeal, skin like scent that is left is nice too, comforting in the same vein as New.

• 2 years later...

This is so nice...I really didn't care for it when I first applied it but after 10 minutes it turns into a comforting creamy vanilla pudding w hints of cinnamon. I think this could layer with just about anything though this lp is all about the creamy, sexy drydown,

• 6 months later...

I LOVE this!!! It smells like a warm, buttery, delicious vanilla, white chocolate chip cookie. I never in a million years would have ordered this if I hadn't come across a thread where members were sharing their favorite vanilla scents. Thanks, ladies! :)

• 2 months later...

I'm wondering, does anyone else turn oats dusty on their skin? I remember this smelling a little dusty on me, then Mother Goddess was dusty on me last night, I'm wondering if it's my chemistry because I'm not seeing anyone else mentioning it. 

On 4/20/2018 at 11:13 AM, Eastwood22 said:

I'm wondering, does anyone else turn oats dusty on their skin? I remember this smelling a little dusty on me, then Mother Goddess was dusty on me last night, I'm wondering if it's my chemistry because I'm not seeing anyone else mentioning it. 

Not oat's. But, that has happened to me with other notes. The only thing I can say is try it one more time. Different times of the month (cycle) can have an impact on some scents with me. Otherwise it might not be your thing. 

3 hours ago, StacyK said:

Not oat's. But, that has happened to me with other notes. The only thing I can say is try it one more time. Different times of the month (cycle) can have an impact on some scents with me. Otherwise it might not be your thing. 

Okay, I will. I can also guinea pig both on my daughter, she's a willing test subject.

I wish this stuck around a little more but...that's the nature of Sugareds sometimes. This is a yummy and homey scent (and count me as one of the people who smells a hint of cinnamon). Lots of good layering possibilities.

3 hours ago, Witty Kitty said:

I wish this stuck around a little more but...that's the nature of Sugareds sometimes. This is a yummy and homey scent (and count me as one of the people who smells a hint of cinnamon). Lots of good layering possibilities.

This one is really strong in me and I can still smell it in the morning.  I tend to amp the sweet, buttery scents. 

23 hours ago, Kayla said:

This one is really strong in me and I can still smell it in the morning.  I tend to amp the sweet, buttery scents. 

You know I love the sweet butter! But this is the only Buttery scent AND the only FairyCake I don't love on me, my skin turns these oats dusty. Very sad, because I had such high hopes! Good thing I have Buttered Caramel now. ?

6 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

You know I love the sweet butter! But this is the only Buttery scent AND the only FairyCake I don't love on me, my skin turns these oats dusty. Very sad, because I had such high hopes! Good thing I have Buttered Caramel now. ?

It's amazing how skin chemistry changes the scent from one person to the next. Oats work well with my skin, but caramel goes wonky on me and I end up smelling like maple syrup.  The only exception so far is Caramel Musk, which smells beyond delicious - like heaven on my skin. 

• 5 years later...

Realized I never reviewed this.  This smells like an oatmeal raisin cookie without the raisins. Its not fluffy like a cake, definitely fresh baked oatmeal raisin cookies!  It’s one of those cookies that are chewy and buttery and melt in your mouth in a pool of spiced sweetness.  
It’s not quite as creamy and a little different, but I think if you like Crème Cake, you would like this too.