Fairy Cake: Orange

Beccah

AD-OrangeFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Orange

The fresh-squeezed sweetness of a trio of tangerine, clementine and satsuma notes plus a luscious swirl of brown sugar, slathered with pink sugar frosting adorn a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

ORANGE ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I know many have hoarded massive amounts of the Darlings and Atomic Mandarin, but when you finally slather through all of that and buy up all the Inspire Desire, you will still have this: an orange cupcake for every occasion. Much like Inspire Desire this one wears really nice on me: it's a perfect blending of the orange notes, vanilla, and pink sugar. And it stays true on me, it doesn't fade too fast or go wonky.

This is a really sugary scent on me, heavy, sweet and thick. I kept snuffling this and the lemon to try to figure out which I liked best :lol: I can't decide! They're both REALLY cakey with that citrus top note but the Orange is just a little less bright. My husband was having trouble differentiating between the two :D After dry down this one seems more goo-ey batter like to me. I think it's one of the most cake-y to me so far :heart:

This is all Darling Catalina, Darling Clementine. It's that delicious orange hostess cupcake goodness that you want to devour in two seconds. For those of you that missed out on that delicious orange cupcake pinky goodness this is it!! It's exactly the same as Atomic and the Darlings for me. This would be so good paired with SS4W. A slutty sexyorange pink cupcake!

Omg this is my favorite Hostess Orange Cupcakes in scent form. I could eat tons of them. My BF used to bring me these cakes when he came home from work all the time. (I don't let him do it as often anymore bc I would weigh a trillion pounds) This scent makes me HAPPY! This is FB for sure and I hope it's always available. I like this better than Inspire Desire. It's much more similar to the Darling Cs IMO. I want a spray so I can scent my hair too!

That's originally what inspired the whole LPMP orange cupcake franchise: Mara's obsession with Hostess Orange Cupcakes. :lol:

That's originally what inspired the whole LPMP orange cupcake franchise: Mara's obsession with Hostess Orange Cupcakes. :lol:

That's :lol: !!!

Thats funny, the lemon is more like DC in the cake aspect on me.. This is pretty and I don't get the cake bite I get from DC, but it fades so fast, my skin just sears off most citrus notes anyway.

Guest cutie.pie

I think I'll try this one after I use the last drop of my precious Atomic Mandarin... ;)

Atomic Mandarin will remain my favorite of the AM/Darling Clementine/Fairy Orange family. This started out wonderfully super syrupy sugary orange ...but during and into drydown it went sideways, a little chalky & plasticky on me :'( like Darling Clementine sometimes did. I think I'm going to try this one in the electric warmer because I'm pretty sure it's my skin having its "sometimes turn vanilla to plastic" fest with it.

While I've enjoyed all the orange cakey scents, I've never gotten a bottle of any of them because they just were "too much" on my skin. But this one seems not quite as intense, and I could see myself wearing it. It's a light orange creamy cupcake.

This and LP Frais Citron seem VERY similar at first - but this wears much lighter upon dry down and is not as - heavy? - on the sweet denseness of the cake. It's still very much a confection treat, but soft and light, like I was just meant to smell like this, lol. I find many of the fae scents wear like this - how WONDERFUL! :heart:

This was the only fairy cake I knew I couldn't wait to try. Cupcake scents are not usually my cuppa but I know better than to say never with Mara's creations :) I actually wasn't wild about it at first, I got a strong, almost slightly bitter blast of satsuma that startled me, but once that settled down, hoo boy...all the orangey sweet cakey goodness I expected. It does not hit that shrill level of sweetness that my brain hates, thank goodness, it just soft and sweet and just right.

So I put a little sugared black musk on my other arm, I could not wait to try it and hey they are both layerable scents, right? Now the sweet orange fairy is wearing a black corset :P I'm a little shocked at her scandalous behavior but somehow not that shocked, it totally works with those shoes ;)

This is totally my Mom's glazed orange bundt cake on me. Which is a WONDERFUL thing! I tend to fall on my back and roll around in desserts and, well, anything that smell like this. *snort!*

~Memorare now has me wanting to acquire Sugared Black Musk--'cause it's on my list of MOAR sugareds to buy--and cinch up that corset on Ms Orange Fairy Cake. Sounds yummm. :)

If I said I was nearly devoured at dinner...

Oh my! This is fantastic! I love it. Hubby loves it. For an extra punch of lightness (when the temp climbed to 86 and the humidity hit 94%)I layered Sugared Oranges over the top. All I can say is..summer in a bottle. So, I am either an orange cupcake, or an orange cupcake with fresh zest on top. Beautiful!

Edited by Wanderlust

• 4 weeks later...

This one reminds me of Atomic Mandarin to an extent, except it lacks the denseness and whatever that note was in AM that my nose interpreted as aniseed. So it's a much lighter, airier sort of cousin to AT for me. Much more wearable for me. At first the orange was a little medicinal, but it smoothed out beautifully and lingered for a good few hours on my wrist.

Guest cutie.pie

Dammit, why didn't I order a bottle of this? I know I want one.

Have you tried the sample? How similar is it to our love -- Atomic Mandarin? ;)

Have you tried the sample? How similar is it to our love -- Atomic Mandarin? ;)

They ARE similar, but FCO is much lighter, softer. Not as heavy on the vanilla cake. If they were a confection, AM would be a dense orange sweetened cake and FCO would be a light citrus buttercream frosting...imo

Guest cutie.pie

They ARE similar, but FCO is much lighter, softer. Not as heavy on the vanilla cake. If they were a confection, AM would be a dense orange sweetened cake and FCO would be a light citrus buttercream frosting...imo

Thank you Nutrix! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cutie.pie

I applied Fairy Cake Orange on one hand and Atomic Mandarin on the other. FCO lasted only half an hour on my skin, it's pretty sheer and soft, while AM is still very very strong on my skin (and my whole home smells like Atomic Mandarin) :D

• 2 years later...

This is a nice sweet scent. It's indeed very similar to Fairy Cake: Lemon, particularly once dried down; I have a bit on each wrist. Overall Orange is a bit softer than Lemon, and the cake in Lemon is a bit more prominent and stays around longer. Eventually they both smell like frosting with those little flower-shaped sugar sprinkles. :love:

• 6 months later...

I got a small bottle of this in my order yesterday & slathered it on right away...it is soooooo delicious smelling, OMG ! I think that it's a perfect blend of the orange & cakey notes at first. On my skin, it soon settles into this delicious vanilla cake scent, with the orange still present, just toned down a little. I'll probably be layering it with Fairy Floss Fairy Cake soon, cause I just reordered that & got it yesterday, too. These fairy cakes have me all like 😍 & I wish I was around back when they got released so that I didn't miss so many. I can only imagine what the cherry was like !