Fairy Cake: Orchid

Beccah

AD-OrchidFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Orchid

A duo of gorgeous orchid oil slathered with pink marshmallow icing, adorn a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a lovely sweet velvety-soft orchid; if you like Sugared Orchids or Orchid Musk then I imagine you will like this as well. The sweet aspect is in the background, but it's very nice, it melds with the orchid in such a way as to compliment its' inherent qualities, IMO, with a pinky aura. It wears rather soft on me, it's more of a skin-hugging type of scent than a really fleshy kind of orchid note.

^^ Yes this. I agree.

The Orchid here is velvety soft, as if you gently rubbed a petal across your skin, but did not break it. Soft and musky orchid with a very soft sweet base. I don't really get the marshmallow at first, it very slowly comes forward. On my skin it just lends to the overall sweetness. Very pretty and the most elegant so far. :purr:

I put this one on my shoulder and got a bit in my hair. OMFG! Gotta give this baby 2 more kitties!

:purr: :purr:

Edited by StacyK

I'm an orchid ho, so this is the first thing I reached for in my package! Very soft, vaguely pink. The orchid is almost a little soapy. I don't get much cake from it at all, other than a soft sweetness and a sort of buttery vanilla. Those that like Orchidacious might like this. They're both in the floral-foody vein, though this one is much lighter and closer to the skin. I'm wearing this today, and people keep asking what shampoo I used, what body wash, or even what laundry detergent. :lol: I think it's because this is so unobtrusive, people don't even assume it's a perfume.

I'm an orchid ho, so this is the first thing I reached for in my package!

LOL me too, first one I tried! :thumbup:

This was another one I tested last night and OMG IT IS GORGEOUS!! This is such a beautiful scent! This one might be Queen of The Elegant Fairy Fumes. It smells so refined and sophisticated this made me feel like I was a fairy swan princess. It's like Pink Musk and Orchidacious meeting together for a ballet. I also noticed how long it stayed on, it didn't just have staying power, it felt like it was dancing on my skin, around me, throwing pink glitter cakes and orchid petals. Another one I love!!!!

When I first laid my nose of this in the vial my eyes rolled back in my head! Soft and rich and creamy and GORGEOUS. On, this is just as dreamy. It's very clean and permeating, meaning it makes everything just smell lovely and clean at first. It settles close to the skin on me and then seems like a scented body wash and like I just happen to smell this great :D I don't find it foodie to me, soft, cream floral, but not foodie - SOOOO pretty though none the less!

I didn't love Orchidacious, so I was worried I wouldn't like this one. I do though. The orchid is soft and creamy, and I love it with the pink frosting. I don't know if I will get a bottle as my b/f isn't a fan of orchid perfumes, but I'll keep my sample.

• 1 month later...

Well DAMN!!! I wore this beauty on the 4th with Un Cougar. The LOVE was everywhere!

So I drove 5hrs to Newport. I brought Mayberry & Fairy Musk, because I didn't know what I'd want the next day but the 4th was for me and I wanted Cougar and Orchid FC. Wow!!

It was all day.. "You smell so good. "What's that perfume?" Even my daughter & friend who are not foody scent people wanted to see and sniff the bottle. Love was in the air. The scent alone seemed to enchant, comfort & draw people in. I felt this very warm, comforting, womanly presence. Very nice. Need more please. :)

Oh JEEEZE! You're making me want to cave and try these 2 together! The orchid has Cougar written all over it but I really like my foodies over floral...but maybe...just for the sake of experimentation...

Oh JEEEZE! You're making me want to cave and try these 2 together! The orchid has Cougar written all over it but I really like my foodies over floral...but maybe...just for the sake of experimentation...

Well its a combo of both and I really think that's the mojo there. Its all at once nuturing, sweet, sensual & feminine. The floral, elevates a bit. It adds a touch of womanly elegance. Then top that with UN Cougar, nice. :)

Do you wear equal parts orchid and, which was it? The magnolia or the gardenia? Or does one over power the other?

There's such a sensual, rich, petal softness and creaminess that I more feel than smell when I wear the orchid. It's that sensual quality that is my favorite...

Oh no. I was referring to the "mojo" combo of the FC Orchid and the cougar phero. :)

I was also saying that the Mag has that same energy.

Ah! Gotcha now! Yes, those 2 would absolutely seem to fit congruently ^_^

• 1 month later...

This one is more orchid than cake on me. Lots of pink sugary frosting and orchid petals. It smells very elegant. This might be the only flower Fairy Cake that veers into the too floral category for me. Thank god- because so far I've loved all of these and can't afford them all!!

• 2 months later...

The orchid note reminds me of Sugared Orchids and I got lots more orchid than cake on me. It's a lovely scent but I might want to tone it down with some vanilla or Pure Sugar the next time I wear this.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the smell but on me it is very sugary and seems to drown the orchid. I layered it with Two lips and a kiss to take the sharpness off the florals. It worked, and now Two lips and a kiss smells delightful, without the floral sharpness.

ETA: I have been wearing FC Orchid off and on for several weeks. Now it does not smell as sugary as it did when I first tried it.

StacyK is 100% correct on this scent: :purr: I smell soooooo good right now! I am wearing it with open windows.

Edited by Gininfl

• 3 months later...

I just need to rave about this once again. In case anyone wants to grab this in the ETSY sale.

This is one of my absolute favorites of the Fairies!

This is a head turner. I get many compliments on this. It does have a good amount of throw, yet it feels so soft.

The most unbelievable balance of floral & foody. On my skin it's both. Not a dominant foody with a bit of floral. A perfect balance of both orchid dripping with foody goodness and a delicate vanilla cake drenched in orchid pedals.

When I pair this with Un Cougar I get the most dramatically amazing results. (see stone cougar thread).

I will need advance notice if this is ever going bye bye. I can't be without.

Edited by StacyK

I did take advantage of this on Etsy! ^_^

I will have to try it with the SC - I can see that being a stellar combo - great tip!

I was raving about how wonderful the orchid plays in Ivory Cats: Tantalize for the same reasons this sweetened version works so well. Just fantastic!