Fairy Cake: Pumpkin

Beccah

AD-PumpkinFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Pumpkin

A quartet of cake-like pumpkin oils and rich brown sugar, slathered with pink buttercream frosting, sit atop a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.

• 2 weeks later...

This goes on like a delicious pumpkin cake dusted with pumpkin spices. On my skin this is wonderful for about 15 min. But I start to lose my sweet pumpkin scent completely 30 min in, and I get the overwhelming scent of pie spices lingering on their own with a hit of cake in the background.

Very much like pumpkin cheesecake! I love the buttercream with these spices. THANK YOU to the fairy goddesses that I do not get the pink in the buttercream because that has ruined a few of the pumpkin scents for me in the past. It reminds me somewhat of Caldron Cake if I rememeber correctly. The only reason I didn't grab a bottle of that is it seriously dissapeared on me fast. Let's hope this one last longer because I would love a new spicy pumpkin cake scent.

This is WONDERFUL, immediately began thinking I should've gotten that full bottle! A delicious spiced pumpkin cake!

I'm amping the spices like usual though :( which makes me want to stomp my feet and growl...Grrrr......But it SO reminds me of a spiced cinnamon crunch crumble cake!

The Man Beast has said he would happily claim it and has requested a bottle - go figure!

Mmm, this was my favorite of the darker/warmer fairy cakes (Gingerbread, Figgy, etc). Very warm and robust, reminiscent for me of Cauldron Cake (which is one of my all time favorites). I get rich warm spicy pumpkin bread with the tiniest hint of butter (thank you buttercream!). Very yummy and would be lovely for fall.

The pink pumpkin scent that everyone dies for! This actually reminds me a lot of Unreasonable Pumpkin with just a bit more pumpkin at the front. The cake part is less cake to my nose and more pumpkin bread. It's rich but at the same time bright.

I tested this near the lavender scent, and the two together are actually quite nice! I'm wearing them together today.

MissDC was reminded of Cauldron Cake and BB was reminded of Unreasonable Pumpkin...you ladies nailed it! It smells like a cross between the two on me. I love it! It's like Unreasonable Pumpkin with the spices of Cauldron Cake. The cupcake part is definitely way in the background, even in extreme drydown. The spicy pumpkin is foremost on me, and though it calmed down and sheered-up as it wore...well, it kept wearing! This is a long-lasting Fairy Cake on me.

Even though I wear any type of scent any time of the year, this one just screams fall-into-holidays. I want my October! Hee!!!

:challoween: :challoween: :challoween:

This one is a little too spicy on me, I think. I prefer either a really sweet pumpkin-based blend, or one that's more on the fleshy side, like JACK or Pumpkin Musk. I thought this would be more of a pink pumpkin blend but it's all of the spice and none of the sweet.

:(

This is definitely one spicy pumpkin cake!! It's very similar to Cauldron like others are saying, but with none of the patch. This is yummy!!! I love pumpkin scents, and this one automatically reminds me of the best month in the world- OCTOBER! It fades pretty fast but that's okay I do not mind slathering.

I wish this worked on me. Yes, on fresh, I get a sheer reminder of CC. But I like it, for a min, better than CC which on me was OK. But, the Pumpkin fades off in 60 seconds, "long sigh.." and my skin just amps up the spices, then that's all there is. This happened with P Musk too. I have more than enough P Soufflé :heart: and 1 1/2 btls of UP so I'll survive. :)

I do love me some fall/ pumpkin scents though. I want to bake gooey treats today and smell the fall. lol I'm never satisfied :challoween:

Edited by StacyK

This is really pretty and reminds me of Fall-time. It's spicier than I usually like but I can see layering it with other Fairy Cakes to get it to play nicer on my skin. Not too much cake here... Just a nice spiced pumpkin vanilla.

• 3 months later...

This smells exactly like fresh-baked pumpkin bread, but better because of the frosting note (as much as I wish I could eat frosting on my pumpkin bread, if I did that every day my clothes wouldn't fit). I really get more of a creamy vanilla frosting than a pink sugar frosting, which is more obvious in Unreasonable Pumpkin. Actually, after forgetting the notes the first time around I was hoping it would skew predominantly pumpkin cake and vanilla so WIN!

This smells exactly like fresh-baked pumpkin bread, but better because of the frosting note (as much as I wish I could eat frosting on my pumpkin bread, if I did that every day my clothes wouldn't fit). I really get more of a creamy vanilla frosting than a pink sugar frosting, which is more obvious in Unreasonable Pumpkin. Actually, after forgetting the notes the first time around I was hoping it would skew predominantly pumpkin cake and vanilla so WIN!

Yep! That is so true! I have been wearing this one non stop. It is all spiced pumpkin and vanilla on me. One of my favorite things about this one is that it wears a little stronger than most of the fairy cakes. I would have never ordered this, but I bought the Fairy Cakes sampler and this was to me a super standout of the group. I immediately went full bottle on this one and it looks like I will need another one very soon :-). This is a perfect Fall transition scent. The spiced pumpkin makes it Fall, but the vanilla cake note makes it a little lighter. This one has been great for me in this crazy 90 degree weather when I am longing for Fall!

• 3 years later...

Oh my NOM, this is just..... orgasmic ! I snagged quite a few bottles of the Fairy Cakes during the sale ( I loooove the fairy cakes ) & this just might be my fave out of them. It's definitely heavy on the spices at first, but I can detect a lot of baked pumpkin goodness. On the drydown, it's just sweet ( yet spicy ) pumpkin cake deliciousness. I'm trying to save this for cooler weather, which doesn't * sound * like a long time, but I just want to slather this all over & I only grabbed the 1/6 oz, unfortunately. I layered this with OCCO Red & loved the combination, but planning on ordering the OCCO Butterscotch soon, so I'll try it with that next.