Fairy Cake: Raspberry

Beccah

AD-RaspberryFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Raspberry

A bevy of red and black raspberries, slathered with pink buttercream frosting over a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

RASPBERRY ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy discomforts, protection. Stamina, vigor.

• 2 weeks later...

The raspberry accord in this is really nice: bright and slightly tart, and the candied quality is a result of the blending with the other notes. The cupcake accord really smoothes it out and there's just a nice touch of pink frosting, not too heavy. Anyone who was a fan of Dangerous Games would like this one, I think, it has a similar - but simpler - aura.

Surprise close-second favorite so far. Berries are iffy for me (plastic) but this is strong and true. It is like a Raspberry Twizzler - that same quality of chewiness and opaqueness, with a Twizzler level of intense flavor. I've had it on for almost four hours and if anything the berry seems to be getting STRONGER! I actually still am not getting any cake - just that raspberry. Surprisingly for a berry on me, it's coming across to me as really ballsy, and has a Leather (phero) type aura to it.

I expected to LOVE this one but it's a little too candy like to me. I am in love with Sugared Raspberry and just assumed this one would drop me. I DO like the raspberry cream aspect that it has, but it is a very tart, candied berry. I DO like it, I just think I like the straight up sugared version a smidge more :heart:

I love this! Why did I wait so many days to try it? I have never smelled Sugared Raspberry so I can't compare. The raspberry is tart and tangy and juicy. The cupcake is very subtle. This is the raspberry I've been waiting for. For years!

The raspberry in this is not too sweet, it's almost sour like it is laced with lime. For some reason I am reminded of Fraise Citron or was it that other one with raspberry and lime in it? It kinda reminds me of having lime in it and then at times it comes across as Raspberry Chiffon but with lime.

It faded very fast, I am not a lime lover at all, so I have to retest this to see what it does.

For some reason I am reminded of Fraise Citron or was it that other one with raspberry and lime in it?

Incandescence is what you're thinking of.

I 100% agree with the Dangerous Games comparison. It's missing the leather note, and it's creamier. The scent is darker than I thought it would be. I'm guessing it's the black raspberries. It teetered at the edge of going plasticky on me, but in the end, it went to cake. And boy, this wears a long time!! It was still very present at the end of the day!

The raspberry in this is not too sweet, it's almost sour like it is laced with lime. For some reason I am reminded of Fraise Citron or was it that other one with raspberry and lime in it? It kinda reminds me of having lime in it and then at times it comes across as Raspberry Chiffon but with lime.

It faded very fast, I am not a lime lover at all, so I have to retest this to see what it does.

Seriously scent twin. I was just about to get on here and say the same thing.

The raspberry is so tart on my skin, it's almost sour. Like the most under-ripe and tart raspberry. There's a vanilla undertone, but it's not creamy or cake-y whatsoever on me. Not a love... Which is good because I can't afford all these Fairy Cakes.

I expected this one to be more like raspberry jam on a cake. Instead, it comes out perfumey--in a very GOOD way--on me. The raspberry is tart, but I do get some sweetness. The cake peeps in and out, so it's a cushion underneath, but this is mainly about the raspberry for me. It's difficult to describe...there's this astringent-yet-sweet soft alluring thing that some scent notes do with my chemistry, and I just love it! I get the same effect from a few of the other Fairy Cakes, too. I said somewhere else...my bottle list is growing. Or else getting really confused. Hee!

:chickendance::banana058: :banana058: :banana058::w00t::heart:

• 2 months later...

I love anything raspberry so it's no surprise I picked this up. The red and black raspberry notes are really true--not pure sweet candy but tart and juicy. They really stay at the forefront of this throughout the drydown, which is what I was hoping for, and there's definitely that sensual vanilla undercurrent that shows itself more and more as it dries. Pink sugar doesn't ruin it, either; it's just like a sprinkling of sugar on top of the berry cupcake, not a cloying onslaught of sweetness. Eventually I'm going to be needing all the Fairy Cakes....