Fairy Cake: Rose

Beccah

AD-RoseFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Rose

A beautiful bouquet of fresh-cut roses and rose attar, slathered with pink sugar buttercream frosting crown a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils and a drop of sweet amber resin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

ROSE ~ Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course I love this one, it's amazing! It actually makes my mouth water. The rose is not sharp or pointy, but it is fresh. The frosting and cupcake are so dreamy! My nose is stuck to my arm!

I used the sample vial as an offering in our newly dedicated 'fairy garden' that my daughter and I put together. It's in a large round container with several ferns that can handle being grown indoors. We added pebbles, some fairy accessories, and an offering bowl. My daughter reached for this scent and it dispersed through our living room beautifully just from the ceramic dish without an extra heat source. I feel asleep on the couch to this wonderful sweet rose scent. Im not a rose person but I have to admit that one is truly lovely and not at all "old-grandma". It's fresh and feminine and young.

I was really excited for this one, since Lady V's Buttercream Rose is a staple of mine! This rose smells redder, if that makes sense. I also get the rose as a little more prominent and the foodie ingredients hanging back a bit. This almost has a liquid quality about it -- I'll be interested to see if it gets cakier as it settles.

This might be the truest rose I've ever smelled ... I tried it on while sitting next to a vase full of red roses and this practically smelled MORE real than the real ones :D I agree it's a very very bright red rose, not the blood colored ones, and has a tea aspect on me - actual black tea, not a "tea rose". It has a pure clarity like the sound of crystal or a bell. Yet for all that it is not that strong; it's not like one of my all time fav LP red roses, Nosfy's; it doesn't take over the entire room. This is another one of the Fairy scents in which I don't get that much cake, but that must be what is keeping the rose relatively quiet.

This one really does have such a beautiful fresh-cut rose heart, sooooo pretty! The sweet notes are, for me, underpinning the rose, making a soft pillow for the bouquet, but it's really all about the rose. I could see layering it with some Sugareds for different qualities.

I rarely go for rose fragrances but WOW - this is just like the roses in a garden I visited recently. While I don't like to wear them, I REALLY enjoy roses and bury my face in them and huff deeply whenever I get the chance :D This is really rose, not cloying grammy rose. This is fresh and lovely. It's light and the cake base is lending something soft and creamy but this is still very much rose. Mmmm, I wouldn't mind my house smelling like this at all!

I smelled this in the bottle at least three times before I put it on. And then it was only to layer with some of the berries. Well the joke is on me because I really like it on it's own even. After the berry/rose/ raspberry combo died down and faded I put just Rose on. It's gorgeous. Definitely red red roses. The cake tames them for me though. This is the first time I've liked a rose perfume without tart fruit notes to cut the sharp floral aspect. I can't believe how many of these Fairy Cakes I'm falling for. I'm only a few short of getting a set of 12.

Today this smells so delicious on me. It reminds me of Lady V's Cherry Rose. I don't know if I am imaging things but I smell red and pink Valentine's Day roses falling and landing on a bed of marshmallow cupcake pillows. Please Fairies let this be true! I love this!!!

Ahhhhh this smells like putting your nose in a big full rose bouquet. I'm not getting much of the vanilla, but it's gorgeous! It smells very romantic and beautiful. Pillowy soft and feminine.,

I'm still baffled by how many of the floral faes I'm enjoying! :) These are so light and so lovely I can wear almost all of them! I would have to go through my notes again, but there are only a couple that wear to pointy or something for me. This stays rose until it finally fades to a barely there sugary hint of "something" at the very end. :heart:

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the others. This is gorgeous, fresh roses when first on. But after awhile, the amber and vanilla amp on my skin into such a deep, thick resiny rose scent that it doesn't work well for me. :( I am super jealous at all you ladies getting the light rosey floral!

• 2 months later...

This is just lovely girly swirly plushy blushing gushyness. :)

It's definitely one of the nicest of the fairy cakes that I've tried so far. Wet, I actually get quite a bit of cake, I can smell the rose back there, but it takes a second to come out fully. When it does, its like everyone says: hyper real and fresh..really stunning. Dries down on me the way it does BB,sort of an attar-ish red rose but that's not till its been on about 2 hours. Stays on better than most of these too, which I appreciate. Dare I say it smells a Lil like a red version of La Fleur? Lighter though, and the icing is still different, but its pretty in that youthful way.

Edited by cheeseburger79