Fairy Cake: Strawberry

Beccah

AD-StrawberryFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Strawberry

Luscious varieties of buttercream, fresh strawberry and strawberry jam accords, slathered with sugary cotton candy frosting, blended with a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a strawberry sort of person, but this was an immediate hit for my teenage daughter. It reminds us both of Strawberry Shortcake. I would guess it also has a touch of cherry in it, due to the tart edge (but absolutely NOT towards cherry cough drops !!). She wants a FB of this, along with Apple Fairy Cake.

Edited by androstenol

This definitely has the strawberry jam and cotton candy accords! This is guaranteed to hit the spot if you have a sweet tooth. Ripe, rich and groan-inducing indulgence! A very delectable cupcake indeed.

Now this is where we get into toooooo sweet territory for me. I always want a strawberry scent for summer but it just isn't to be. I am having the same reaction I had to Strawberry Cream Cake or whatever it was from that one Valentines collection (the one with the label that looked like Halo...) pink overload....feel like I need my dentist on speed dial after wearing this for a few minutes.

This is what I was afraid Sweet Pea would do but thankfully that one does not go there. But if you can't get enough pink this is for you!

This is very candy strawberry to me. It IS pink and sweet AND tart too :lol: It's too candy-like for me at first and it does settle down to a creamy sugary treat but I don't think I will "need" a bottle, but I will find something among these goodies to layer with and make good use of my sample ^_^ Maybe one of the floral fragrances....

This is very candy strawberry to me. It IS pink and sweet AND tart too :lol: It's too candy-like for me at first and it does settle down to a creamy sugary treat but I don't think I will "need" a bottle, but I will find something among these goodies to layer with and make good use of my sample ^_^ Maybe one of the floral fragrances....

Be sure to tell us what you end up layering this with. I need ideas on what to layer with what. I did honey and gardenia and I loved it. Need something to layer this with to cut that sickening sweet thing that I get here....

I usually love fake strawberry (like, bubble yum strawberry is heaven to me) but this one did not play nice on my skin - it was TOO sweet for me, which I had thought was impossible :D I do get a lot of cake with this one during and after drydown though.

Yep, Luna's right of course! The Rose and strawberry blend does it! More rose than strawberry...cuts the sweet, turns it into an elegant summer scent instead of sickening sweet girly one. Kind of reminds of Agent XXX (very simplified of course but it's got that fruit rose thing going on.) I love it and can't wait to take it for an all day spin.

Or maybe it is Pizzazz that the Strawberry/Rose reminded me of at first? Anyway I spoke too soon because the strawberry eventually took over and murdered the rose and became too sweet again. Now I wonder about Rose Fairy Cake and Sugared Apricot. Ok now I'm getting off topic thinking out loud.

Ok this will be the next combo I try. Not today, I have an ACTUAL Garden Party to go to! and already decided to wear Magnolia or Sweet Pea.

Magnolia!!! :)

This is supper sweet strawberry jammy jam on me. I think after trying all these fairies I have a cavity. :D

Seriously.

These are all, to varying degrees, like some kind of sugar and cake aversion therapy for me. I feel like I've had lots of sweets this morning. The other day when I wore the rich, buttery Oatmeal I felt full the rest of the night.

Ok Strawberry, too sweet for me but I'm setting this aside for my daughter to try. :)

It's so weird. All the fairy cakes that I think I'll be just ehhhh on, I love. And all the ones I think I'll love... I'm like nope.

Like this one. I thought strawberry would be a no-brainer. But no... This strawberry is very medicine-like on my skin. Like too sweet and too sharp and saccharine. I'm so confused lol- where's the cake? Is my skin chemistry just off? Well, at least there's like 25 other Fairy Cakes that are absolute loves!

It's so weird. All the fairy cakes that I think I'll be just ehhhh on, I love. And all the ones I think I'll love... I'm like nope.

Like this one. I thought strawberry would be a no-brainer. But no... This strawberry is very medicine-like on my skin. Like too sweet and too sharp and saccharine. I'm so confused lol- where's the cake? Is my skin chemistry just off? Well, at least there's like 25 other Fairy Cakes that are absolute loves!

That's what the berry did on my skin.

Yes definitely lots of unexpected hits here as well.

MDC.. yay!! The magnolia has really grown on me. It's just begging to go out and enjoy a sunny spring day... and party. Have a fizzy gin drink :)

Edited by StacyK

I don't know if this is the direction you want to go as you're tying to tone DOWN the sweetness, lol, But I like it paired with the Tuberose and the Maple so far :)

That's what happens to me pretty much every single month Hearts. I've gotten the sampler every month for three years now. I can never go back to not getting it. It makes me wonder how many loves I missed in the three years before that.

To my nose, this is a fairiy realistic strawberry. It's got that tart edge and then the rich jammy sweetness. But it's not as intense or as candied on me as the Peach Fairy Cake. It dries down fairly soft, with a fluffy vanilla undertone. I don't really get any creaminess from it, and I wouldn't have minded that at all, I imagine (unless the dairy went bad like it sometimes does). I have so many strawberry scents that I don't know if I really need this one, but I like it just fine.

Yeah, I thought I'd fall for this one too. But it is too much for me. Almost headache inducing. I think I'll stick to Sugared Strawberry, that one works better on me.

I don't get any cake, just super sweet pinkness.

• 2 weeks later...

Me too! I thought this would be Sugared Strawberries and Sweet Jessica on steroids and that I would fall madly in love, but it came across as a bit plastic and almost like a shower gel of sorts. It's weird, it's like it kinda smells like strawberries but then it doesn't. It's almost like strawberry and some other type of sour berry mixed in. It also fades pretty fast : (

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tested this the other day. I like it because it does the plastic doll thing that I'm into better than the Berry fairy cake does. This does strawberry shortcake doll REALLY well(attn: BV! :) ) . Still, like Luna said, I have enough strawberry scents, I think for now. This was in a fight with Sugared Iris to win a spot in my next order, but Iris wins cause nobody has written anything about it, and I'm all for the underdog! :)

• 4 months later...

Wore this from a sniffie today. Initially I get very very sweet, jammy strawberry which quickly becomes a rich, buttery vanilla cupcake within 1-2 hours. I applied it about 12 hours ago and can still gets whiffs of the vanilla cake. I've found with buttery vanillas there's a risk between wet and drydown where my skin can turn it plasticky.

• 5 months later...

I tested this the other day. I like it because it does the plastic doll thing that I'm into better than the Berry fairy cake does. This does strawberry shortcake doll REALLY well(attn: BV! :) ) . Still, like Luna said, I have enough strawberry scents, I think for now. This was in a fight with Sugared Iris to win a spot in my next order, but Iris wins cause nobody has written anything about it, and I'm all for the underdog! :)

I was looking at reviews trying to figure out which freebies to get in the sale. Now I can't decide if I should get this or berry fairy cake!

This is doll all the way BV! I think you should go for it. I did an order this month, but maybe I'll get this next month before the sale ends. I forgot all about this one, so thanks for pulling it up! It definetly has that Shiny & New plastic overtone.

I'll test berry again too while we're at it. Hang on BV, I'll be back in a sec!

ETA: I'm going to have to test berry tonight. I have to go to class and some stuff came up earlier.

Edited by cheeseburger79

Ok, I have berry one one hand and strawberry on the other. They are both nice but I personally like strawberry better because it's VERY Strawberry Shortcake doll . It has that "fantastic plastic " vibe for sure.

Berry smells more like what it's supposed to, a creamy vanilla berry dessert. Strawberry is definitely more artificial and that's probably what's throwing the reviews..not everyone wants that kind of thing. But it's a very retro, dolly, roll on lip gloss strawberry, and I like!

Berry is nice too, but it doesn't have the same nostalgia factor, to me at least.

This turned out to be one of my favorite Fairy Cakes. I actually bought it to layer along with Lemon Fairy Cake, but found it is just fine on its own. Yes, it is an intense strawberry and a little fakey at the beginning, but it dries down to a delicious strawberry cupcake that I have worn several times. The fake strawberry note mellows out and smells yummy.

Nice to know that Berry Fairy Cake has a different berry quality. I was wondering how it differed. I was a little disappointed to find out that these are not permanent. :( All the ones I've tried have been unique, pleasant surprises. Mara knows her cakes! :D