Fairy Cake: Sweet Pea

Beccah

AD-SweetPeaFC.jpg

Fairy Cake: Sweet Pea

Fairy-sweet pink sugar and fresh-picked sweet pea blossoms slathered with pink buttercream frosting, combine with a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

SWEET PEA ~ Lasting pleasure, blissfulness, youthful attraction, friendship, chastity, courage, strength.

• 2 weeks later...

This seems very sweet and innocent wet in the vial. Puts an immediate smile on my face ! I might not have guessed 'sweet pea' as the main scent if I didn't know. It matures and broadens more as it dries. This is not so sweet that it hurts my teeth, which I have had with a few LP's in this direction. A truly lovely, childlike pairing of springtime floral with pink buttercream. This is about as sweet as I would go with an PL as a grown woman. Lovely when worn in a social setting, does not strike me as sensual or sexual. I would go with Open Windows, Treasured Hearts, Mother's Little Helper.

I am LOVING the floral Fairy Cakes! As with a lot of people here I am not a floral person but toss it on a cupcake and I am sold!!!

Sweet Pea is actually one I have always liked, years ago I had the B&BW products. I don't rememeber which one but someone I was showering with proclaimed that "those two words should never be used together!!" When he saw my Sweet Pea shower gel so...lucky me I think of that everytime I see something with Sweet Pea. Anyway...I absolutely adore this cheerful summer treat.

Whereas the Magnolia Fairy Cake I see me wearing on a sultry warm evening with Blatant Invitation...this I will traipse out with in the afternoon with Lace! This is the type I would love in a spray for summer. I also absolutely love the colors blending together on this label.

ETA: oh! Another thing...I thought this one would be too sweet for me given the "pink sugar" and "pink frosting" reference in the description...it is not doing what "pink" usually does to me...like make my teeth hurt and make me nauseous! I am getting more of the flower than the pink sugars for sure.

Edited by missdarlyncherie

This is pretty, soft and sheer. Like a floral veil kissed lightly by sugar. Very pretty, Like MDC, Its not as sweet as I thought it would be. I don't get a heavy sweetness. It's more floral dominant on my skin.

A very pretty, soft floral.I really like it.

I have bottles of Sweet Pea Cupcake and a little bottle if sugared Sweet Pea..I really like Maras Sweet Pea! :lol:

I'm not sure I need this but I want it & I do really recomend this. It would be so nice with Lace.

Edited by StacyK

I really like this because it IS sweet to me, the floral is "candied" and sweet - it's what I like most about it. I always knew sweet pea as a sweeter type flower, but this barely seems floral to me at all - it could be that I'm just not that familiar with sweet pea of course, but this is soft and pink cupcake sweet. Another surprise winner :)

This reminds me of Amanda's Sweet Pink Flowers.. a little sharp when wet, but dries down to a beautiful, sweet pink scent that just catches me by surprise when I get a whiff, because it smells so amazing. It's sweeter, though, and simpler than Amanda's SPF

Totally agree with the sharpness when wet but then softens up in the drydown...but there's something off to me, I think it's because I'm just not that fond of Sweet Pea in fragrance. The surprising thing is that I don't like it, given how so many of the others made me flip the script.

I am loving this one. Well, hell...I seem to be saying that about a lot of the Fairy Cakes! But, really! This is going to sound weird: It reminds me of "Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific!" shampoo! Most of you here are probably too young to remember that. I think it was actually some kind of orchid scent, but this brings it back for me! It's doing the same thing that Raspberry, Figgy, and one of the other Fairy Cakes do with my skin. It's twangy-yet-soft-and-sweet-perfumey...which looks sort of unkempt when I write it, but it's the only way I can verbalize it. It wafts up around my nose when I move and I say "WHAT is THAT?" as my eyes roll back in pleasure...and it's me. It lasts well, too. Can't believe how many of the Fairy Cakes I want as bottles!

This is going to sound weird: It reminds me of "Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific!" shampoo! Most of you here are probably too young to remember that. I think it was actually some kind of orchid scent, but this brings it back for me!

Geezer here!!! I remember that shampoo and its silly commercials too! You know what ... you can still purchase it also!

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/store/jump/productDetail/Health_&_Beauty/Hair_and_Nail_Care/Shampoo_and_Treatments/Gee,_Your_Hair_Smells_Terrific/54234

• 2 months later...

Love this! Full bottle in my next order! :)

Back in the day I had this Avon Comfort Scents perfume and I actually really loved it. But it was just called spring showers so I didn't know what floral headlined it. Luckily Luna was familiar with the scent and steered me in the right direction.

Turns out I really adore the girlish sweet pea. Strange cause light pretty things are usually nothing major to me, I mostly dig resins and incense and really strong stuff. But this is so sweet pink and pretty! Sparkly! Its delicate and clean. Soft and delicious. One of my faves out of the fairy cakes. Also this one doesn't pull a disappearing act an hour after I apply it either. Stays on a good 4-5 hours which is pretty good for something so light and springy!

• 5 months later...

This is SO pretty! I wasn't sure how the flower + cupcake concept would turn out on me (incidentally this is my first Fairy Cake scent), but it's just lovely. On me, it's nicely balanced between the floral and the yummy cake, and not too-too sweet. It's pleasant and soft and I kept sniffing myself :Emoticons10311:

Edited by Witty Kitty

This is SO pretty! I wasn't sure how the flower + cupcake concept would turn out on me (incidentally this is my first Fairy Cake scent), but it's just lovely. On me, it's nicely balanced between the floral and the yummy cake, and not too-too sweet. It's pleasant and soft and I kept sniffing myself :Emoticons10311:

Mara the master of the floral cake concept. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

After writing my last post about this scent, I caved and ordered a few bottles. The more I wear it, the more I love it. I've paired this with Open Windows, Heart & Soul, and Lace. It was also the first LPMP scent to get me a compliment on how I smelled :)

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 11 months later...